RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 11:06 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17250
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:26 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Question on Jensaarai philosophy. Do apprentices belong to a single Defender like a padawan, or is their Defender a primary teacher with others instructing them? Trying to figure out what sort of a relationship with Aks Teem, the only established NPC with a light whip, before her sect splintered and established their own philosophy.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 02:10 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18245
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Ah yes, this has come up a few times, so I really should have integrated it back into the ad.

The master would be the primary spiritual caretaker and teacher, but the apprentice would still be allowed to learn from other defenders. They have a more "it takes a village" approach in that way. On top of that they encourage experimentation, which is why we get to the lightwhip in the first place. There are a few as of yet unspecified defenders, so things like lightsaber pikes would also potentially be covered by some of those, a weapon that has been brought up by applicants.

A "teemup" with Aks Teem before she left is possible. A lightwhip is a weapon with as many upsides as it has downsides, and if you want to imagine what training with it is like then assume that you would have had to train with a conventional whip for a year or two (at least) before constructing the light version, because without that one is likely to just cut one's own head off. Most people, including Aks, use the weapon because almost no enemy they meet would be familiar with it. That's a fairly big offensive advantage on top of the fact that the whip can get around conventional defenses due to length. Downsides are that it is not generally as strong as a conventional blade, requires a wider arc to be swung and is harder to use defensively.

So you can write her into your story while also pointing towards who your master after her would be. I'll give you some additional information on the npcs then.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 07:26 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@Homestar

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 07:26 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 01:57 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17250
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 06:29 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@RQ
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
I'm just going to double post here so it does not get overlooked next to some private messages:

With only today and tomorrow left before the official deadline I would appreciate it if those marked WIP could give me something to feedback by tonight if they still want any. If you have no master for your character, that would also need to fixed so I can give you some more in-depth description to work with.

Anybody still thinking about applying (I think there was at least one person that had still signalled general interest) - the same goes doubly for you. Anything submitted by tomorrow night will be considered, but if you want to hear my thoughts it absolutely has to be by tonight.

Beyond that, there is obviously not enough time to do a long-winded back and forth at this point, so moving fast will be to your benefit. It's not enough people still WIP to extend the actual deadline very much, other than maybe pushing my final readthrough to Monday, when I will likely decide on players.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 24th, 2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5710
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Can anyone remind me of the name of the lightsaber style of switching it off, to bypass the enemy lightsaber, please?
Or so it seemed
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5864
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
@Acathala : Trākata is the style, I believe.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Thanks! I must be blind lol.
Or so it seemed
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5864
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Nah. I just happened to know as it is a style type my character will employ too given his inner fighting style and Findsman combat techniques.

Last edited by GeneT; Apr 24th, 2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Ready again for feedback!

Old Apr 24th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@HB

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 24th, 2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
I too am ready for feedback.
Or so it seemed
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@A

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 24th, 2021 at 05:34 PM.