Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6618
Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roekahs View Post
Plus there's Skep...
Hey, I'm just saying, it might be fun to play alongside Roe for once instead of being bossed around by Roe.

By the way, I like my concept for Harrison, but if we're looking for a better balance in campers/counselors, I've got a backup idea for a new-agey-type with an interest in witchcraft. Could be BFFs with Penelope, if KD's game.

I'm willing to throw up another app. Anybody have input on which character might make for a more interesting dynamic?
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 08:27 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3716
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skep View Post
By the way, I like my concept for Harrison, but if we're looking for a better balance in campers/counselors, I've got a backup idea for a new-agey-type with an interest in witchcraft. Could be BFFs with Penelope, if KD's game.
Iím all for that! Sounds really fun.
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 09:33 PM
Quasi-Retired
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Oops, I said that having completely overlooked the part of Cap's app where Leonardo has familiarity with the occult. My bad.

Not to worry though. I can leave the witchcraft to him; I was thinking a more passive blend of paganism and Buddhism, something to that effect. More of a "personal spirituality" angle than anything directly associated with actual occultism.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 09:05 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 338
Wonderbeast Wonderbeast Wonderbeast Wonderbeast
I'd definitely like to see another camper for the sake of balance. Might feel weird to have three counselors for one camper. Unless Penelope was a Hannibal Lecter sort...
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 10:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault
I mean, Genie's not particularly mature for a 22-year old, but I see the point! If you guys are switching your concepts around, I guess I'll keep mine the same? Genie's interest in astrology is pretty much purely the surface-level spirituality kind in the vein of magazine horoscopes.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 11:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Jeremy "JT" Tyson

Gender & Pronouns: He/Him

Bio/Personality: Fireworks had been his earliest love. Big ones. Small ones. Glittery ones. Bright ones that shined like a second sun. Sparklers to Roman Candles and everything between. It had rankled Jeremy that grown ups only deemed them appropriate for particular events instead of daily celebrations of the explosiveness of life. So it was that a pre-pubescent Jeremy had made it his eternal mission to bring that explosive celebration of life and ingenuity into his life at any and all times he wished for it. Singed carpets became smoldering furniture and soot blasted walls as the years went by and Tyson's parents realized that their son was in the grips of an unusual obsession, and that was when their war to reign in their son's tendencies began in earnest. The memories of this period of Tyson's life are a vague jumble of images, but if there was a feeling he could associate with this period of his life, it would be 'unpleasant'.

He rebelled by doubling down on his own eccentricities, acting out where a normal child would have sat quietly in a corner and behaved. He developed a taste for practical jokes not only as a relief from what he saw as his parents' attempts at repressing his true self, but as a fun avenue of experimenting with the various uses of small scale explosions in so-called 'polite society'. That this seemed to get him into trouble more often than not did not deter him from his path, though years of riding the line have given him experience in what he can get away with and what boundaries he should not cross lest he truly make things difficult for himself. His parents still sign him up for any and all activities that they hope will instill some discipline in their precious boy and make him a productive member of society, but Jeremy remains obstinate in the face of their social conditioning.

At the end of the day, he remains an extremely driven child, focused on his passions above everything else, a bit asocial in that he can quickly lose interest in conversations which are unrelated to his interests, his scatter brained mind always looking for the next shiny object to latch onto, but he is never intentionally unfriendly. Loves a good joke, tries to see the humor in even the most dire of situations, and is always looking for the next best opportunity to light up his life.

3 Unique Interests:

Bombs - From cherry bombs to hydrogen bombs, the construction and utilization of explosives throughout history is a worrisome obsession with the boy.

Pranks - Who doesn't love a good practical joke?

Classical Music - The more music he can play, the better Jeremy's ideas come out. Who knew a bunch of old, dead dudes would be so instrumental to his success?

3 Special Skills:

Violin - Jeremy's parents signed him up for lessons without either his foreknowledge or his consent when he was younger. Thought it would give him something reign him in. All they have done is provide him with a more effective tool for channeling his thoughts towards putting together his next 'big idea'.

At least he can impress the grandparents.

Freerunning - Escaping the consequences of many a jest gone awry has given Jeremy quite a bit of experience in running through and across a multitude of obstacles in order to make a clean getaway. Or as clean as it can be until he has to come home for dinner and face the music.

Explosives - If it is even remotely combustible, Jeremy probably has a method or two at the ready to make it blow up spectacularly. Even if it isn't, he'll probably try to come up with something. Best not to leave a spare match around lest the boy becomes adventurous.

Last edited by Crocodile; May 3rd, 2021 at 08:22 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:12 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh! A classically trained firebug!
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 01:51 PM
Quasi-Retired
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somersault View Post
Genie's interest in astrology is pretty much purely the surface-level spirituality kind in the vein of magazine horoscopes.
This is 100% what I expected and I think it's perfect. It'll be fun to see how Genie handles a leadership role.

My original application post has been updated to include a second character to fit in the "camper" group. I'll let you all decide who fits the group dynamic better; I'll be perfectly content to play either.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 02:18 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, Skep! I added a tracky thingy to the original post. I also found myself looking up astrology and reading the horoscope for Taurus thanks to Genie's profile.

"Youíve been devoting tireless energy towards hustling and sorting your finances, Taurus. The cosmos know youíre ready to shift gears, and Fridayís skies push you into exploring the next new terrain. Go-getter Mars transitions from mental Gemini into soulful Cancer today. This transition provides more energy for efforts concerning clear communication, active self-expression, or writing projects."

I... understand some of these words... I think? Though now that I read it again, no, it's complete nonsense to me. Should make for some interesting interactions.

"You're such a mental Gemini!"
"Hey, thanks. I... think?"

"You're such a soulful Cancer!"
"Hey, screw you, lady. Your face is a cancer, how bout that?"
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 03:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 400
Dunderklumpen Dunderklumpen Dunderklumpen Dunderklumpen Dunderklumpen
Hey, @wonderbeast I was wondering if you were still recruiting for this game. I have quite a bit of experience running and playing Fate Accelerated (It's my preferred Fate).
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 05:31 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sure am!
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 06:33 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Saban Price
Gender & pronoun preference: He/Him

Brief bio/personality:

Saban is a bit of an outsider. He likes to think he's cool and eccentric, the class clown, but often that just translates to weirdness from others' point of view. On the downside, he's not as cool as he thinks he is, on the upside, he's full of confidence and bravura.

His mother told him that their family is descended from gypsies. He loves that idea and plays to it. He does magic, tarot and palm readings as party tricks.

Saban dresses loudly, preferring old-fashioned clothes like Hawaiin shirts and pork pie hats. He smokes and has recently switched to dark pungent french cigarettes (because he thinks that makes him seem cool).

3 unique interests
  • Supernatural stories and mystical stuff.
  • Amateur magic.
  • Crypto-history (weird and obscure historical facts.

3 special skills
  • Sleight of hand.
  • Tarot and fortune reading.
  • Reading people and situations.

Old Apr 26th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Notice my application senpai!
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
NOTICED!

Our gamey gamegame got approved, so this is gonna be last call for applicants or interest before I have to pick a team to torment. =^.^=
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 02:30 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29851
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
I'm not sure, but I think calling you "senpai" *may* be a cleverly-concealed attempt to flatter the GM into a selection!