RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 28th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7530
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Good thing I changed then LOL.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Speaking of changing, I am not as concerned with party balance as I am you-all playing characters that you're excited about. But if you come to a party consensus that you really need a character with a particular skill, then I think that its perfectly reasonable for you to switch things up.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 02:57 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Question for character background purposes, what timeframe is the game taking place in?
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
Question for character background purposes, what timeframe is the game taking place in?
That's an intriguing question. Let's put it right before (3 years before) the Battle of Yavin, so that the Empire is at the peak of its strength and influence.

Last edited by girlplay; Apr 28th, 2021 at 05:45 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Question on droids and gear: Am I ok to change some flavor descriptions for stuff I buy? A holdout blaster makes some sense to be a part of a droid, even if it looks different. Not sure about "Heavy Clothing" though...
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 05:49 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Question on droids and gear: Am I ok to change some flavor descriptions for stuff I buy? A holdout blaster makes some sense to be a part of a droid, even if it looks different. Not sure about "Heavy Clothing" though...
Generally speaking, a droid's gear can be built-in to its design. Heavy clothing would be something different that does the same job (+1 soak). So, you could describe that as enhanced plating or a reinforced chassis or something like that. Or if it's really eccentric, the droid could drape itself in Bantha hide. (j/k)

Last edited by girlplay; Apr 28th, 2021 at 05:50 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 05:52 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15380
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
*butts in* On page 47 of the Edge of the Empire book is a small entry about "Droids and Equipment".

@girlplay: Should we choose equipment now as part of the application process, or wait until the game starts? (If selected, of course)

Last edited by Saratek; Apr 28th, 2021 at 05:53 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I added gear using the default 500 credits to my sheet. I could use a sheet review if anyone is interested not super familiar.
https://swsheets.com/c/ttrrx68yc-zaen-gru-lema
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
*butts in* On page 47 of the Edge of the Empire book is a small entry about "Droids and Equipment".

@girlplay: Should we choose equipment now as part of the application process, or wait until the game starts? (If selected, of course)
Go ahead and select what your character would personally own. Your employer will be giving you some additional gear (spoiler alert) that's specifically relevant to the mission: breather masks, warm clothing, fusion lanterns, etc. It's not going to be anything too costly or mind-blowing.

You can always take on additional obligation for more credits or experience: maximum +10.

Last edited by girlplay; Apr 28th, 2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15380
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
You can always take on additional obligation for more credits or experience: maximum +10.
Is that +10 in addition to the required Obligation, or really +5 with the required Obligation? EDIT: Actually, should that required one be +5 or +10 given that you are only selecting 4-5 Players?

Last edited by Saratek; Apr 28th, 2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
So, the starting Obligation for 4 to 5 players is 10. You may take on an additional 5 or 10 if you so choose.

Also, after some reflection on the fact that you are not truly starting characters (+50 xp ahead) you should have some additional credits too. Each character has 1,500 to spend instead of 500. Sorry if this causes you to have to rework your equipment.

If you're wondering about attachments and modifications: you may add weapon and armor attachments but not mods to those attachments.

I'll add this information to my first post (when I get home).

Last edited by girlplay; Apr 28th, 2021 at 06:22 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 06:34 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
So second question, I'm wanting to make a droid character, and though I have the in-game stats for a droid of the type I want, I'm not sure how to acquire the intrinsic features of that droid as a character. Is it just a matter of buying equipment, or "close enough" equipment and making it part of the droid, or are there some droid starting features I'm not aware of?
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
So is this 50 xp and additional to the originally mentioned 50?
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Never played before...

So this is what I got so far.

I am at the purchase equipment phase.

My character is basically a pilot.

Any suggestions on what to spend my 500 credits on? Help, anyone.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 28th, 2021 at 10:03 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 11:12 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
So is this 50 xp and additional to the originally mentioned 50?
No. Fifty extra XP total.