RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 28th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
So second question, I'm wanting to make a droid character, and though I have the in-game stats for a droid of the type I want, I'm not sure how to acquire the intrinsic features of that droid as a character. Is it just a matter of buying equipment, or "close enough" equipment and making it part of the droid, or are there some droid starting features I'm not aware of?
Droids have some interesting traits - improved soak, don't have to eat, breath, etc.

What kind of intrinsic features are you looking for? Most of that would be equipment, skills, or talents - like any other character.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 12:02 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I was able to piece together most of the droid's features using equipment, with some appropriate remodeling of course. The one thing I can't get a match for is the repulsorlift to simulate its Flyer trait. It's a common technology, but I can't find any way to add it through equipment. The closest I can find is a jetpack, but that isn't really right, not to mention more expensive than the droid itself is worth. Maybe a fraction of a speeder's cost, since they use repulsorlifts? So I guess that's the hangup, is how do I get the droid airborne and how much would it cost, if it is even viable?
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:35 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
I was able to piece together most of the droid's features using equipment, with some appropriate remodeling of course. The one thing I can't get a match for is the repulsorlift to simulate its Flyer trait. It's a common technology, but I can't find any way to add it through equipment. The closest I can find is a jetpack, but that isn't really right, not to mention more expensive than the droid itself is worth. Maybe a fraction of a speeder's cost, since they use repulsorlifts? So I guess that's the hangup, is how do I get the droid airborne and how much would it cost, if it is even viable?
So, unless you want your droid to actually fly, how they motivate is largely flavor only. Your droid character could have wheels, legs, tracks, treads, or repulsor lifts and in the end it makes no mechanical difference. The only thing with the repulsor lifts is that we would need to set the character's maximum altitude to something reasonable like 1 or 2 meters.

Last edited by girlplay; Apr 29th, 2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 01:10 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Application complete!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Apr 29th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Never played before...

So this is what I got so far.

I am at the purchase equipment phase.

My character is basically a pilot.

Any suggestions on what to spend my 500 credits on? Help, anyone.
Hi Shula.

First, remember that it's 1,500. Second, you'll probably need a ranged (light) weapon to use that skill. And maybe some kind of protection. And then communications and survival gear? A pilot isn't the most equipment-heavy type of character.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5879
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Wip

Most Notorious Atiang

Nominal Input
Name: Gindra Sukak.
Species: Rodian
Career: Bounty
Specialization: Survivalist

Story : Legacy

Rebellion data file XXXX76BJ7. Starbird.
Compiled likely answers based on droid reconnaissance and slicer data.
right-aligned image

Who are you? Why are you?

I am of Roolek. There are few of us left. The Chattza exterminated my lineage, my clan, except us that were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We did not die fighting with them. We lived to scatter. There was little else we could do. I once earned an Atiang for the Most Notorious Kill. That was long ago. Another lifetime. A time before hiding and scurrying. A time before being prey. A time before eeking a living out of the Smuggler's Moon and working for Hutts. Finding lost things and returning them. That sort of hunting left one flat and grey. Sure, there were times when things were dangerous, but its not like running in the heat and green shadows against a Ghest with just a spear, one's courage, and one's sharpness.

I've given up bounties of the common sort. And unless I need to eat, unless desperation troubles, I take other jobs where my skills are just as needed. The credits may not be as plentiful, but there is no joy in hunting scoundrels anymore or accepting the bounties that Hutt's pay. No Atiang was ever won by herding and finding runners, scoundrels, and thieves of thieves. And let's be honest, there are fewer options for one such as me - a Rodian from a dispossessed and scattered clan.

Who are your friends and family? What are those relationship like?

My family is dead. So is the rest of my clan. Or at least I feel so. Only my Aunt is left to me. I hide her in a small place low in Nar Shaddaa. Yet, I yearn to scent the rest of them and at times I catch it in a place it shouldn't exist; a cantina, the hold of a fuel transport, or a shadowed causeway in Nar Shaddaa. There is a moment then that I am overcome, not certain it is a remnant of one of my blood that passed this way or a dream. Then I remember a time before becoming what I am now, of hunts, of theater, of belonging. Of other futures. Those things that I have lost. My aunt, Zafaz Kera, was a playwright. She still is, but what she writes now is different than what she wrote before. It still has hunts, just of a different sort. She reminds me why there should always be fight left in ones being and what it is we should be fighting for.

Bounty hunters do not have friends and it is dangerous to try to find one. Trust, though, can be found. It takes time and a different kind of hunting for a different kind of elusive award. A shared goal and equal words. I trust a Trandoshan named Soos and a Wookie named Tarlanna. I haven't been able to get them to drink together but I've not given up. I've found we are always more than we think. And change is inevitable. Perhaps we are friends. I don't know, but Trust is enough.

What are your goals?

What does any cast out ever want but to survive. To keep breathing. To keep eating. But there is more isn't there? Credits are worthless without a new balance, a new living. That's what I need. New people.....a new clan. Something of family. How else to begin vengeance properly? Or give it up. Otherwise, I'm just seeking death because I lack the true spirit of a hunter and I've given up and just want to get the dying done.

What lead you to a life in the Outer Rim?

Haven't you been listening?

What is your general attitude towards life?

Sigh. Droid-speak. Data mongrel. No time to parse words. You are not alive. You are not present. With me. Put that down and look at me. Good. Now concentrate.

I am a survivor. And I will continue to do so until the options to begin my hunt are realized. I am Rodian. I am hunter. I am Roolek. And if I am the last of my clan, then so be it. It will be enough. But I don't think I'll be alone. And some day, Soos and Tarlanna will sit together with me and drink. Trust me.

Character Sheet

Last edited by GeneT; May 8th, 2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 02:14 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17250
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
right-aligned image
Name: Aayla Bondara
Species: Twi'lek
Career: Smuggler
Specialization: Thief

What is your concept for this character? Who are they? Aayla, like many young and/or poor Twi'lek, was sold into slavery from her home on Ryloth. And, like many, was sold to the Hutts and began being groomed as a dancer and prostitute. Though she hated the cruel, disgusting Hutts, she was grateful to at least have gotten off the crippling poverty of her home world, even as a slave. Still, seeing a small part of the galaxy, even through a window slit, created a yearning within her to escape her captivity and explore on her own in freedom. Freedom, though, seemed far away, and her fate might have been the same as so many other Twi'lek if not for an odd occurrence...serendipity, perhaps?
Once, in the middle of the night aboard her master's slave ship as she was answering the call of nature, she found a young human she'd seen around the entourage stooped at a small safe containing various valuables. Approaching, she startled the young man and saw that he was working to open the safe! The device he was using to open the electronic lock beeped quietly as the human and Twi'lek stared at each other in silence, the young man waiting with held breath for Aayla to scream or sound an alarm, sealing his fate. Instead, she glanced around and whispered, "How did you do that?" nodding to the safe. The young man gave a brief, cautious explanation about the device, watching Aayla carefully. Nodding, Aayla whispered, "Can you teach me?"
Relieved that his activity was not going to be reported, the young man agreed to tutor the young Twi'lek in the arts of thievery. Fortunately, the entourage was large and lazy enough to afford the couple time to train and get to know each other. As Aayla's skill grew, so did the feelings between the two, though it was difficult to act on them under the watchful eyes of the Hutts. Eventually the young man, Lian, could no longer watch Aayla be trained to pleasure the Hutts and their guests, and began making plans for an escape. Aayla was thrilled, but nervous...not only about getting caught, but by the now-real goal of actual freedom. However, Aayla decided that as long as she and Lian were together, they could make their way, and agreed to the escape plan.
Alas, as skilled as the pair was, they were still no match for the Hutt's security system. The only thing going in their favor was that the system was designed to keep people out, not in. They alerted the entourage, but were able to get out of the facility they were in and ran for it. Though of course they could outrun a Hutt, outrunning the Hutt's hirelings was another matter altogether. As the couple sprinted through streets and around corners, the Hutt's thugs gave chase. Shots rang out and bright beams shot past them as they ducked and weaved. Just before they could reach another section of labyrinth-like back alleys to lose their pursuers, Lian cried out and collapsed, struck in the back from a blaster. Aayla cried out to Lian, who lay unmoving and unresponsive. Swallowing her grief, she bolted away from the scene, losing the chasers who stopped to collect the fallen youth. Reaching the back alleys, Aayla's speed and stealth allowed her to shake those tailing her. She stayed hidden long enough to steal enough to purchase passage off world on a freighter, attaining her freedom at a terrible price.
Who are your friends and family? What are those relationship like? She misses her parents back on Ryloth, even though they sold her into slavery. When she was younger, she felt anger and betrayal, but now has grown to understand their motivations. She would like to return someday, once the heat has died down, and reconnect with them, possibly even aid them if she could. As far as she knows, her friends are still with the Hutts and her lover is dead. Since her escape, she has met others and formed a network. Some are escaping from trouble and misfortune same as her, others are sympathetic or struck up a friendship with her. She secretly hopes one day to discover Lian's fate, alive or dead, and perhaps help the friends she left behind to escape as well.
What are your character's short-term goals? Survival and avoiding the Hutts. It's unlikely that she's still being chased; what's one escaped slave to a Hutt, after all? Still, best not to risk that word might've been leaked, if for no other reason than to discourage future attempts at escape from others. She might very well have a price on her head.
What lead you to a life in the Outer Rim? It's easier to hide and remain inconspicuous here. Also, with less law and order, it's easier for a thief to survive, even if there's not much in the way of major hauls. There's at least enough to survive and keep going.
What is your general attitude towards life? Aayla is just now learning what it really means to be free. It's more frightening than she expected, but also exhilarating. The galaxy is large and chaotic, but also filled with endless opportunities.

Character Sheet: (Still WIP for formatting, and I'm not sure I mathed right. Please review.)

Last edited by The Rat Queen; May 2nd, 2021 at 09:37 PM.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 02:54 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Chirpy
right-aligned image

Name: ID9-B27, 9B for short, or "Chirpy"
Species: ID9 Seeker droid
Specialization: Thief

Last edited by PalladiaMors; May 2nd, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 03:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
I like Chirpy's pic.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 03:15 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Chirpy has actually been seen in canon! (He's the one on the left)

Old Apr 30th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Hi again. I just wanted to post a quick note about the applications I've seen so far. I'm very happy that people are interested in playing and thank you for spending some of your time working up an application. On the other hand, I feel that I should remind you that I specifically asked for people who are not loners or who find trust hard. I'm seeing a fair share of applications with characters whose families are dead or not in the character's life, and who have few to no friends. I should reiterate that those characters will not be acceptable.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Does having a family of orphans and badly wanting to make friends among the group count as acceptable, or should my character have ties to more NPCs?
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 11:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
ApplicationName: Shadar
Species: Trandoshan
Specialization: 1st Pilot, 2nd Scoundrel
  • What is your concept for this character? Shadar is a trandoshan pilot that's is a big hearted scoundrel.
    Who are they? Shadar's father left him a small inheritance. He'd been working as a pilot on someone else's ship. When he received his inheritance, the trandoshan quit his job and put a downpayment on a YT-1300 . He quickly learned that non-human owned freighters did not get a fair shot in the inner worlds, so he started having trouble making his loan payments. In desperation, Shadar chose to head out toward the Rim in hopes of being able to smuggle and thus be able to generate enough revenue to keep his ship. While money is his primary motivator, he won't put it in front of taking care of his family and friends.
  • Who are your friends and family? Shadar has five clutch mates (his brothers Vanya, Noldor and Teleri & his sisters Qualinesti and Silvanesti. His mother Dargonest is still alive. What are those relationship like? Shadar gets along well with his siblings except Vanya who thinks Shadar was father and mother's favorite. No matter how hard Shadar tries, Vanya is cool and distant. I would hope that the rest of the crew would be his friends from after he left his homeworld. Before that, he was, if you could believe it, a shy child and did not start to blossom until his father bought him a pilot's apprenticeship. Of the crew of the first starship he piloted, he was closest to the engineer, a Zabrak named Jugi. Shadar tried recruiting her for his own ship but her loyalty to Shadar's first captain trumped her friendship with him. This saddened Shadar a bit but he knows, either in this life or the next, he was bound to cross paths with Jugi again.
  • What are your character's short-term goals? Loan payment, send some cash to his mother and siblings.
  • What lead you to a life in the Outer Rim? Shadar hopes to generate enough income to keep and maintain his ship.
  • What is your general attitude towards life? Shadar believes the galaxy runs on credits and he wants his fair share of credits. He's a little wary of humans because of the Empire's racist attitude towards non-humans. Generally happy when not being stressed by the bank and his loan.

This is the first draft of the character. Please let me know if you need something further or need more detail on a certain item.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 30th, 2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 12:50 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Does having a family of orphans and badly wanting to make friends among the group count as acceptable, or should my character have ties to more NPCs?
Your "found family" was a nice touch for a droid character.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 01:06 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5879
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Noted. Will consider adjustments. Small rewrite and added some info.

Last edited by GeneT; Apr 30th, 2021 at 01:54 PM.