DnD5e In Search of the Dragonlance - the Blue Crystal Staff Chronicles - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 1st, 2021, 05:14 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
FCastor FCastor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post
@FCastor, hope you don't mind but I shamelessly stole your table
That is more or less why I put it there. When I talked about convenience, honestly it was for my own, sure, but also yours and the others'.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FCastor; May 1st, 2021 at 05:22 AM.
Old May 1st, 2021, 03:49 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
calandris calandris
Application
Name: Stormrider (Qué-Shu Tribe)
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Barbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian)
Personality Traits: Thinking is for other people, I prefer action. I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Ideal: Respect. People deserver to be treated with dignity and respect.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.
Background: Folk Hero - I saved people during a natural disaster.

Appearance: 5'10", 170 pounds, with tanned brown skin and dark brown eyes. He is rarely seen without his sword and axe strapped to his back, and even more rarely without a drink when available. He stands with a presence that exudes confidence but humility, strength but vulnerability, and respect. The clothes he wears are simple and unrestrictive, allowing him to move as needed. Tattoos cover his head, upper arms, and chest.
Personality: While he may appear brash, Stormrider is kind and protective. He does not like waiting around or indecisiveness, but would rather just act. While not necessarily immediately trusting of others, he will always respect everyone, and do his best to keep his friends and allies safe.
Backstory: Growing up, Stormrider was always the one to go to for help, willing to do whatever he could. Upon hitting puberty, he started welling up with anger that he couldn't understand. Not wanting to hurt anyone, he learned to feel when it was coming on, and would isolate himself. Eventually he went to an elder spirt guide of his tribe, through who he was able to commune with elder spirits of his tribe. They were able to explain to him what was happening, and with time he learned to control his rage, and call upon it when needed. One day, while out hunting, a windstorm came out of nowhere. Returning quickly to his tribe, he saw a number of buildings on fire, several of them collapsing. Falling into a moment of tranquility, he called upon his rage and rushed in, removing doors and debris, carrying people out of dangers way, and eventually helping calm the fires and protecting everyone until the windstorm was over. He was celebrated by the townfolk, but wanted none of it, and tried to continue living his life as any other villager.

Stormrider thrashed in his bed. Unconsciously he was grinding his teeth, clenching his hands, kicking wildly. His eyes flew open momentarily, the thought "It's happening again" flitted through his mind, and everything went black.

When he could see again, he knew it was different this time. The colors of the field around him were more vibrant, the sounds clearer, the breeze upon his bare chest crisper.

"Let me see that!" cried a voice from behind him, and his eyes flashed briefly as a hand snatched towards him. Realizing it was just Riordan, who had picked up the bad habit of following him, he cooled.

"What're you doing out here, shouldn't you be home doing chores?".

Riordan chuckled and shook his head. Grinning, Stormrider's face changed in an instant, seeing movement in the distance.

"Get out of here, now!" he shouted to Riordan, as he watched the riders closing the distance. Drawing the weapons he didn't even remember having on him, Stormrider prepared for the bandits, not expecting them this soon.
Again, everything was different. He had always been alone before. His heart hammered in his chest, and time seemed to slow down. Each hoofbeat thundered in his ears, the sound of steel reverberated through the air. Reaching into himself, he called on the rage that had already started to bubble up. Glancing to make sure Riordan was running, he threw himself into battle with the first rider. Deflecting a blow with his axe, he used his sword to cut the banding holding the horse's saddle. As he did so, he ran to move in between the riders and Riordan's path.

In his rage, he didn't feel the cut of steel into his flesh, didn't taste the blood in his mouth, didn't notice the sweat in his eyes. But he did hear the arrow - an arrow? Everything was different. Looking down, expecting to see a shaft protruding from somewhere in his body, he looked around in confusion. Realization dawned on him in an instant, and time seemed to come to a standstill. Turning towards Riordan, watching the arrow in flight, it's trajectory exact, Stormrider let out a primal scream. Emotion pouring out of him, something happened. The tattoos on his body started glowing, and he watched, almost as through somebody else's eyes, as those spirts that had always guided him manifested, and in an instant had surround Riordan. The arrow hit the newly formed beings and clattered to the ground harmlessly. Panting, Stormrider sank to his knees, as the guardians glided over to him. Each of them, one by one, touched his head, then faded back into him, one tattoo at a time fading back to the normal color of the ink. As the last one returned to him, Stormrider awoke, drenched in sweat.

Everything was different.

Edited to update race to Variant Human

Last edited by calandris; May 3rd, 2021 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Updated Race to be Variant Human
Old May 1st, 2021, 08:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
application= Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Auberon leafweave
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid - Land (Grass)
Background: Hermit - medicine , swap religion for nature

Personality trait: I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.

Ideal: Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit.

Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me

Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell

Back story:
A warrior veteran turned retiree after only a short career in the great elf legion. After serving only a short time , Auberon found the strife of war and duty to much for his gentle soul. And so he left to find peace within himself and turned to a life of solitude. There he found his connection with the wild.

He lives on a secluded acerage deep within the woods, out of sight. There he has spent his life offering kinship to other travelling men of the woods. He offers aid and medical attention to those who needed it, Both humanoid and beast alike. He trades and barters from time to time when travellers cross his path. More so though he is self dependant with a high skill of survivability. Here he harvests crops, hunts to better manage conservation in his region, fishes from the local water sheds and even cares for a host of bees to produce himself honey.

Having now spent the majority of life away from society, he has found inner peace.
But a pressure looms in the air, A dark unsettling pressure. Beasts of the night are more and more common. Their presence more known and vileness more dangerous. They trek further to encroach on mans civilization and do so with no respect or care of all that is good and peaceful. Mother Nature will not stand for it.

Appearance:
Braided and loose brown hair combined, left messy and long. His face brandishes the same type of goatie.
He has Hazel eyes which almost seem to swirl with a dull shade of yellow. He is slender, but with broad supportive shoulders.
He dons bark and hide armor, fastenned by more of the same material. He walks with a straight staff of impeccably hard wood, fashioned of his own craftsmanship. A true manifestation of one with nature.

Personality:
Very positive but in a calm, quiet way. He is reassuring to others, offering support and aid. He is a peaceful and soulful being, often reminiscing or referring to nature in his speak. He is very connected and rooted with Mother Nature and her woodland beings. He tends to shy away from conflict, but not out of fear for himself, rather for others, as his powers have manifested to great strength. You can often find him side tracked, off path, communicating with creatures, insects and plants.

Auberon is not one for dramatics, an so shy’s away from using his magic in grand Genstures. Rather, he conserves his abilities and mostly uses them for good and independence.

Last edited by Jrod; May 12th, 2021 at 07:39 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 05:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Ah, a Dragonlance game! Does that bring back memories from 25 years ago...

Please, consider me also. I will be submitting a kender monk! Because I suddenly find the idea of a taunting little devil bashing around in a hoopak unresistable.

Two questions, if I may:
- Is there a specific way to create stats?
- Are Tasha's monk abilities allowed?

Last edited by EditionsVeteran; May 3rd, 2021 at 05:48 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:28 AM
Lord of Graves

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 585
Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis
It'll be 27 point buy, and no Tasha's monk abilities.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:02 AM
Lord of Graves

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 585
Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis
This has quietened down a bit, any objections if I bring selection date forward to next Friday?
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7530
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Not from me.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
A7ice A7ice
No problem
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
FCastor FCastor
Hmm... It would mean I have to hurry up quite a bit depending on my free time in general, but I do not have a problem going with what the majority wants.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FCastor; May 7th, 2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:29 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
No problem for me

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 494
RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN
Dragonlance! I loved those books!

Arkanis apologies if this has been asked before but would a magic using subclass (like the Arcane Trickster or Eldritch Knight) 'count' as a member of White, Red or Black Robes?

Last edited by RossN; May 7th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 7th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Quote:
This has quietened down a bit, any objections if I bring selection date forward to next Friday?
Not from me. I will be submitting my application in the next few days.

Arkanis, I sent a PM your way, did you by chances see it?
Old May 7th, 2021, 12:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Friday is fine by me.
Old May 7th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12596
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Quote:
I should certainly be able to finish the RP sample until then, so no problem for me too.
Old May 7th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
calandris calandris
I'm good with is as well!