Other Cyberpunk Red: Night City Blues - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2021, 05:49 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2422
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
App - WIP
Name & Handle: Ōshiro Haru - Ronin
Character Role: Solo
Portrait:

Roleplay sample: WIP

Last edited by Jasontheswift; May 1st, 2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application= WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Bowan “Badger” Plissken
Role: Solo

RP Sample:

Last edited by Jrod; May 3rd, 2021 at 10:22 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 03:07 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15834
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one.

I really love Cyberpunk 2077 and love the genre. I actually had an hour short of 15 days of gameplay in the eleven weeks I played the game. Took a break from the game but thinking of playing a 5th playthrough already

Just out of curiosity, why the Colour illustrations only limitation? I don't mind and I'm sure I can find something but I was just wondering.

Edit: I also did a life path, but I threw it away when I found out we were going to do it together. The only thing I'd like to keep is the fingernails that I have in her roleplaying sample. It's her identifying trait when she wants to be noticed as Drake.

ApplicationCharacter name: Amanda Miller; Drake
Character role: Solo (not set in stone but you have to start somewhere )
Character portrait: pic updated.

Roleplay sample:
The bar was dark and smelled of vomit and alcohol, with some no-name rock band playing on the other side of the room. Drake drummed her fingers upon the table, and a wave of light raced up each fingernail only to bounce back the other way once they reached the base of her black nails. Her perspective client was late, but that didn't matter much to Drake as she had some issues to sort out. She continued to drum her fingers upon the tabletop, a rippling sirens call of light in the dark so her wayward client could find their way.

While she sat there drumming her fingers, Drake's was rerunning through her mind the ending of the job she had taken two days ago. She could still feel the concrete shrapnel that got blasted into her eye from the burst of bullets that narrowly missed her head. Half blinded, Drake returned fire before sprinting for new cover from her old team and snorted before thinking,

'Old team? Hah! They were supposed to be my new team!'

Unfortunately for her, they only needed a couple of extra guns for the job and didn't want to split the payday with a temp. Unfortunately for them, they targeted the big nomad first. She had managed to drop a grenade unseen before diving for cover. Two were down, and the other two were injured. But then, so was she. The next few seconds were still a blur. Drake took a bullet to the leg limiting her mobility. She caught the leader of the group with a shot to the gut. The other one dropped with a spray of blood from her brainpan, painting the wall behind the woman's falling corpse. Then she was limping over to a crumpled form on the ground. The man reached for his dropped gun, but Drake stepped on it to prevent him from picking it up. The man's pretty face was pained as he started to laugh before spitting at her,

"You got lucky *****! Someday soon, you'll get flatlined too!"

"Yea, your probably right. This hole grouping up thing was a stupid idea anyway. Guess I'll stay solo a little longer."

If the man planned on replying, she didn't hear it as a burst of bullets to the guy's pretty face ended any chance of a coherent reply. Not wanting anyone gunning for her Drake made sure of the rest of the group before limping her way to the nearest ripperdoc. She was worse off than she had thought but Drake lived to tell the tale nonetheless.

Feeling a presence nearby, Drake's attention returned to the darkness of the bar. Her hand stilled, and the rippling lights on her fingernails faded away as she noticed the client had arrived. The man slowly sat down as if not wanting to sit on a possibly dirty chair. Wanting to sneer, Drake kept her face passive, waiting for the man to speak first.

"Are you, Drake?"

Her not so pearly whites caught the light as Drake came to a decision and replied,

"Who wants to know?"

The surprised reaction from the client was expected as she was known for not asking names. But times change and even a false name would limit the search if she ever had to hunt this bastard down. Patiently, Drake waited for the client to speak.

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Rairly Available

Last edited by Silk; May 3rd, 2021 at 10:35 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:42 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
I'm a big fan of the genre though have no experience with the RPG system. I'm interested in applying as a Media role, I'll get an application together ASAP.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4413
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Intrigued by this, and the character creation process from what I've read seems easy enough. I applied to a Shadowrun game awhile back but didn't get in, so I'm definitely "new" to the genre. But I have an idea of this guy as a bruiser drummer with a real beef against the drug trade. A tough world to be straight-edge in, but who said it was ever easy.

Application for Rockerboy
right-aligned image

Character name: Starkey "Wendigo" Wawejikijigwek

Character role. Rockerboy

Roleplay sample. WIP
Old May 2nd, 2021, 03:54 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27119
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Draft of my app is up. I might fiddle with it some, but I think it provides enough of the flavor to serve, and it gives the things you asked for. So you can feel free to mark it "complete".

A question for your FAQ, Menzo: I get the impression that you're expecting character building to happen AFTER the game begins, and so working through life modules is not expected right now. Is that accurate? Do you definitely want people to do the modules now? Do you definitely want people to hold off? Do you not care much, one way or another? I have not walked through the modules at all, and was expecting to not do it immediately, but there seem to be mixed approaches among applicants.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 04:01 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6044
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynamoinen View Post
Draft of my app is up. I might fiddle with it some, but I think it provides enough of the flavor to serve, and it gives the things you asked for. So you can feel free to mark it "complete".

A question for your FAQ, Menzo: I get the impression that you're expecting character building to happen AFTER the game begins, and so working through life modules is not expected right now. Is that accurate? Do you definitely want people to do the modules now? Do you definitely want people to hold off? Do you not care much, one way or another? I have not walked through the modules at all, and was expecting to not do it immediately, but there seem to be mixed approaches among applicants.
For 'social media influencer' you could always go with an Idoru, be the Vtuber Ellie hates the least.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 04:09 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27119
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Idorus are 100% virtual? Throwing actual bricks through actual windows is something Collie values.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 04:22 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
It's fine, just get one of your fanboys to edit the avatar over you throwing the actual brick! Sorted!
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:05 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22148
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
I believe my character is complete enough for the tag. I'm wavering a bit between Medtech and Fixer based on what looks cooler when I've gone through those sections in the book more thoroughly, but I'll get that cemented soon enough.

I'll add my own curiosity on the lifepath issue. I've left most everything vague as regards the character's history and deeper personality because the paths dictate most of that. Making a sample with a lifepath done does offer a bit more focus and clarity on those issues, but I'm also inclined not to do that ahead of time because I'm in this to learn the system and if we're doing it all together I'd like to be involved in that part.

So I guess I'm just looking for a 'do it' or 'do not do it' from Menzo on that so I know I'm on the right page.

Coming June 2021 - Blades in the Dark: Biting the Bullet

Last edited by PopCultureBard; May 2nd, 2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2753
Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynamoinen View Post
A question for your FAQ, Menzo: I get the impression that you're expecting character building to happen AFTER the game begins, and so working through life modules is not expected right now. Is that accurate?
I'm answering this question out of a bunch of questions, but I will get back to the others.

This is accurate. All I'm requiring, at this stage, is Name/Handle/Portrait/Roleplay Sample. There are two reasons for this:
  1. People may not be particularly familiar with how Lifepath is done in Cyberpunk Red. I don't want people to create an extensive backstory for their character, only to go through the Lifepath process and be disappointed that they haven't ended up with exactly what they wanted. (Although, in fairness, I will be allowing quite a lot of leeway in regards to the Lifepath.)
  2. In the Lifepath process, there is an opportunity to create direct and indirect links between the player characters, but this is hard if players don't know who has and hasn't been accepted into the game. Also, I would like the opportunity to make some suggestions during the Lifepath process, based on what would be more interesting in the context of the adventure. (Final choice will still be up to the player, however.)
Nevertheless, it's not a strike against the player if they've run through the Lifepath already, so long as they're willing to be flexible about it if they get accepted into the game.

EDIT: I've updated the application table. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes. I'm pretty zonked at the moment. In fact, I'm off to bed now. zzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by Menzo; May 2nd, 2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 06:33 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
To be honest, I'm open to redoing the lifepath rolls if accepted, I just mostly did mine as inspiration for the post sample.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 07:37 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10871
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
I'm down as WIP. Anything that I'm missing?
Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:49 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5879
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Med-Tech
right-aligned image

Character Name -
Yuriy Zamostya - Crazy Cossack

Character Role -
Med-Tech - Ripperdoc

Roleplay Sample -

"Docs here. Just a bit longer."

Blood spoils the already dirty floor. It's slick even for the solo's Kendachi creaper boots. The light is poor and it smells like someone jumpered some high exec's electric flooring with the wrong tools. The solo blocks Yuriy's way, putting hands where they don't belong. The med-tech brushes them away with a lopsided grin and keeps singing for moment, his voice lilting in the clanging morass of deeper down.

"Може, можливо, краще не їхати,
Може, можливо, краще не любити,
Може, можливо, краще не знати одне одного
І зараз, і зараз час забути одне одного."

Then he turns his eyes to Bloodhound. He's known her for some time. She's a good fixer but frequently gets in over her head which is probably why she's hovered over Little Mouse trying to hold pieces of the woman from falling away.

"I can leave," Yuiry says looking back up at the solo. He's a big boy, tall and broad, but Yuriy doesn't mind. He's too loose at the moment. Work needs doing even if he has to hold the man's hand to get it done.

"Let him pass JJ," Bloodhound says and the solo steps aside. Yuriy sets his toolbox, a battered red metal thing more commonly found in some mechanic's shop, on a nearby stool and looks at Bloodhound's hands pressed against the side of the woman's chest.

It's a big wound, at least four ribs in breadth. A bit of pink bubbly lung squishes around Bloodhound's fingers and with each of Little Mouse's breaths air whistles out. Bits of wire mesh and micro-tech dangle from the torn edges of the wound.

"Who put this лайно in," Yuriy says shaking his head.

"We don't need a lecture Cossack. Just a fix."

"But have I no told you to spend rather then skimp on an install? Yes? How many times I say?"

Bloodhound rolls her eyes and squeezes them shut for a moment.

"Just a fix," she repeats between gritted teeth. "Humor me this once and we promise to be more careful."

"You promise to call Me. Not some scrub tech who doesn't know the difference between the corticospinal and the spinothalamic. What they know about proper neural integration and debugging."

Bloodhound looks at the Crazy Cossack with burnt eyes. She's tanked and barely standing.

"Promise," Yuriy says grabbing her upper arm with one warm hand. "Please."

Bloodhound doesn't say anything. She just looks into his eyes and nods.

"Good, now move your hands here and here. You," he says to JJ. "Come. You must assist."

JJ reaches Yuriy's side and looks down at the mayhem. His brown skin turns pale and he teeters a moment before landing flat on the floor in the slime and blood.

"Where-ever you got that one Bloodhound, don't get another."

"Tell me about it," the shorter woman says.

The Crazy Cossack puts a single hand on the forehead of Little Mouse. The wounded woman hasn't said anything. She's concentrating on not dying soo fast. Her eyes flick to Yuriy's face, finding a broad crooked smile on his lips. The corners of her lips quiver and she blinks twice.

"Good," Yuriy says to her. "No problem. But time to sleep. When you wake, all better. Yes. Later you thank me with drinks and tales. Now to business."

The Crazy Cossack and Bloodhound work. Every once in a while, she looks at him. A lopsided smiles never leaves his face. It's as if he is somewhere else, somewhere simpler. He starts singing again when the hardest part of the job is finished and his long, tangled, unkept mutton chops dance with each word.

"What were you singing," she asks near the end as he is cleaning up and putting tools away dirty into his little kit.

"And old song," he responds quietly. "Old."

"What's it called."

"Rode Beyond the Danube."

Yuriy bends down and looks JJ in the eyes. The solo is sitting with his back against the wall. Although recovered, he wasn't much help.

"You need a stim," Yuriy asks.

The solo shakes is head.

"Then you watch while she sleeps. You call me if there is problem. Yes?"

The solo nods and the Crazy Cossack pats him on top of the head before leaving.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crazycossack1a.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	90794  

Last edited by GeneT; May 2nd, 2021 at 11:21 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:58 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15834
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I edited my application into my original post. I'm not happy with the pic but it'll do for now.

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Rairly Available
Closed Thread