Notices

Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4034
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Important NPC's

Last edited by Nade; 12-02-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Talia Shadowmist
Basic InfoName: Talia Shadowmist
Race: Human
Class: Thief
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Concept"I see you. Yes, you over there. In the corner. I see you looking at me, with that look in your eyes. You know I'm pretty. I know I'm pretty. I'm certainly prettier than you. What's that you say? My hair? How do I get it that shade of red? Trade secrets, my pretty. If I told you, I'd have to kill you and all that guff, yada yada yada."

Talia grins and flicks a lock of her purple-red hair back with a tilt of the head as she winks.

"Understand this. I play fast, and I play hard. And if you don't like it, tough. Rules are there to be broken. If you can't keep up with me, then that's too bad, I'm going to leave you behind. I do what I want, when I want. I go where I want, when I want. Locked doors aren't a message to stay out, they're more of a "lets see how good you are" kind of thing. I love a good challenge, and I think you'll find that I'm good for it. In fact, the only thing you can really say about me for definite is that I'm probably going to do something very unpredictable. Why? Just because I can."

She takes a step forwards, her eyes burning with a strange intensity.

”Lets be fair, that’s why you picked me isn’t it? I’m not like you. I’m one of them. And I have absolutely no reservations or hesitation in getting things done. You need me on this expedition and you know it. Because I’ll see it through, and I’ll bring you back exactly what you need. They’ll be afraid of the others, but they’ll talk to me. You need me....more than I need you.”

But to Talia, hidden deep down inside her, there is another person that looks out through eyes of hazel. A broken, tormented soul hidden behind an arrogant and brash persona that is exactly what it has been carefully constructed to be — a facade....a lie. Yet, the more that one comes to know her, and come to see the carefully woven illusion that she has placed around herself for what it really is, only then do some things become clear when speaking to this intensely private woman.
  • Talia does not remember her parents, or chooses not to speak of them. Whether this is because she has forgotten them, or simply because she wants to erase parts of her past from her memory is unclear.
  • From an early age, Talia was looking out for herself. She ran the shadows and became accustomed to living off the streets and stealing what she needed to survive
  • She has lived in Shining Spire all of her life. It is plainly obvious that Talia wishes to leave it and see a bit of the world, but she has not done so to date. That is why she is eager to join the expedition. Either that, or she is running from something....

VignetteTalia stalked, and as she did, she passed as a ghostly wraith drifting through the aether. It was night, and the moon cast its silvery radiance down on the world below it. A slight breeze in the air accompanied her as she drifted to where she needed to go. It caught her hair, fluttering as it did in the breeze. The girl crouched, ducking as she walked through the dead wisps of grass. The tops bent in the breeze. Behind her, coming to her faintly on the breeze, Talia heard the sounds of laughter and of music.

She smiled wistfully as she walked further away from the sound. Here, on her own, she could put aside the brash and wilful persona that she projected onto others. Here, she could be herself, the true Talia that she kept locked away from all who would see her.

Same old story. On the outside, looking in. Wanting to belong but never truly doing so. As it always was. As it always will be.

She was glad for the cover of darkness as she walked further away from the village. Her reasons for being here were personal. Here, in this village was a tiny little piece of her past.

Living in two worlds. Wishing to reconcile the person that you are with the person that you want to be. Two separate things, two separate realities. Trapped in a prison of your own creation, you forever search for the key to a door that only you can open. When you do, you will open the door to a world that you cannot ever possibly understand.

She had returned home. It was a strange portal to another life that she thought she had left behind her long, long ago. Her eyes come to lie upon an old, now-ramshackle house, but the image that she saw was of the same hut in her mind's eye, light coming from the window, smoke coming from the roof.

"Strange beauty, bleeding from obscurity," words whispered faintly in the breeze.

The house was empty now. As it had been for so many years.

She walked up to it, raised her arm, tracing her fingers across rotting timbers. Remembering.....always remembering. She walked around the perimeter of her house, running her hand across it. All there were now were shadows and fragmented memories -- time long gone by. Flickers and ghostly shards coalesced to form vague rememberances of something that once was, but would never be again. Reaching the front door, Talia held her hand up, pushing it open. The door swung open with a loud creak, before snapping and falling to the floor with a loud clatter.

Wincing, the girl stepped inside, and as she walked in, her mind replaced the rotting images she saw with images from her childhood. She saw the house as it once was, not as it is now.

The floorboards creaked from her passing.

She opened a door to what she remembered to be the living quarters. It was the last place she saw her mother alive. Moving inside, her vision blurrdd from the sudden influx of tears....from the sudden assault by emotions that she thought were long gone, buried deep inside of her. By the cracked window, a rocking chair. Smiling sadly as the tears fell, Talia walked over to it. She ran her hand over the stained wooden surface, caressing it gently. Turning, she sat down inside the chair. Closing her eyes, she rocked herself back and forth. In her mind's eye she heard the sound of laughter -- her mother's voice. Tears streaked twin lines down her face as she whispered.... "They accepted me today.....on the expedition. I’m to leave with them across the sea. You would have been so proud of me ...."

Anybody seeing her at that moment would have had a hard time reconciling the loud, brash and confident persona she portrayed to the emotional, broken person she truly was.....but that was Talia. A walking paradox as she lived and breathed.

She stood slowly.

Inside, as she walked around the house, inside she was mentally burning everything she had once known....saying goodbye.

Walking over to the fireplace, Talia knelt. Fingers came down, touching a dark stain on its wooden surface. Closing her eyes, Talia lay down, lying her head on the wood as she whispered.

"I'm sorry mother. I’m sorry I couldn’t do for you what I promised I would do."

She stood. They said everything happened for a reason. Where there was a beginning, there was always an end. For Talia, things had come full circle. Turning her back, she looked around the house one last time. Her home once, long ago. Lost to the mists of the past, never to be reclaimed. A life that belonged to another, not to the person she was now.

A flicker of light, a small flame. She walked away. Timbers catching fire, flames flaring upwards

She continued to walk, never looking back.

It was done.

Last edited by Nade; 11-22-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Nade; 11-24-2019 at 02:01 PM.