Game Thread The Lost and Damned - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > THE FIREFLY CHRONICLES: The Lost and the Damned
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 01-24-2016, 08:41 AM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Mason, Inside WaywardAfter finishing his drink at the bar, Mason gives the immediate area the once over, noting that the various potential fights had played out. He also notes that by the grace of his oh-so-pretty face, Jay had apparently managed to wrangle back the attentions of the woman he'd previously chatted up, walked away from, and been abruptly nut-shoted by already. Undoubtedly, even if their night ended immediately, that one was probably making it into Jay's tequila-fueled tales, though with competition like that rancher's daughter with the gorram branding iron, one could never be sure.

Having already missed quite a bit of the fight, Mason decides to call it a night and heads for the door, glancing briefly in the direction of where Jeb had landed earlier to see if the man was still there or if his friends had carried him away, before retrieving M'Lady from one of the Verse's absolute worst bouncers. It had been a rather eventful night and Mason imagined there would at least be some interesting chatter in the mines the next day.


Mason, Outside WaywardWalking around to the side of the bar, Mason heads over towards his hover bike, parked among the various other similar vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-24-2016, 07:58 PM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-11-2019
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,169
Marilou is having trouble seeing straight and her left eye won't stay open. Elsewhere, her forearm is a tad sore from blocking Jeyne's hit, and now she's about to be arrested. Her friends have deemed pleading for her case a lost cause, but after all of that, the only thing that comes out of her mouth is a knowing smile and the words, "It was worth it." She shrugs to Gail and the others, "I had to scratch my itch. Go find the captain, okay?"

As her hands went behind her head, she wondered if they would, or did understand what went on in her head. The urges to just solve everything at the end of a barrel, gunpowder smell being her perfume and arterial red being her choice of decorating things. It was all there, still strong, but the substitute of bloodlust for the broken pride and nose of someone was a change. It was a small one and not much better, but still a change.
__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 01-24-2016, 10:32 PM
DasBoot's Avatar
DasBoot DasBoot is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2017
RPXP: 81
DasBoot
Posts: 245
James FenniousJames heard something about a captain, some kidnapped ranchers, and corrpurt law entrancement. But, he was still trying to put things together. To the lady he replied, "Absolutely lets go snag up a table. How bout I buy you that drink and you tell me what is going." James quickly pulled over a chair one for him and his new lady friend. His gentlemen sense kicked in and pulled out the chair for her. "[b]A seat.[b/]" James pretended to be very as noble as possible. After she sat he tried to clean the table as best as he could. James stacked the left over cups, and used his sleeve to wipe up the remaining residue. James raised his had and and ordered two double whiskeys.

"All right, my name is James Fennious. Lets get passed the pleasant flirting. Your charmingly lovely and all, but if someones in danger we can be cordial later. Explain to me whats going on." His smile ended with a serious tone.
__________________
DM: Dark Saga (Pathfinder)
Dr. Diefenderferg of Brave New World (D20)
James Fennious of The Lost and the Damned (Serenity)
Prince Darius of Worlds Unending (D20)
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 01-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
As soon as she sees that charm won’t work in this situation, Gail takes on step away from Officer Andy.

Well, you can’t blame a girl fro trying.

She gives the lawman a quick smirk.

I guess we’ll see you at her arraignment.

She then turns to Marilou as she is being cuffed.

Don’t worry; we’ll get the bail money somehow.

As she said the words she gave a quick blink to Marilou, letting her know that what she meant was they would get her out of jail one way or another before too long.

As the rest of the crew dispersed and didn’t seem like they where going to start any more trouble, Gail decided to go after Mason. As the big man had just mounted his bike but before he turned-on the ignition he heard Gail’s voice coming from behind.

So you’re just going to leave without giving me a chance to buy you a drink?
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-25-2016, 03:36 PM
JagerBlonde's Avatar
JagerBlonde JagerBlonde is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-26-2016
RPXP: 649
JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde
Posts: 366
Becca allowed James to be cordial and seat her, even get the drink order. But when he went to wiping up the table and doing the server's job she frowned.

As she grasped her drink she said, You don't need to clean up on my account James. I'm not fragile flower in case you didn't pick up on that yet. Also, having been a server in a place not unlike this, tips come from the work. Just saying. Now, as for what's going on with my friends and I, why now come on James. A man don't ask that kind of thing less he's got his own designs going on. Unless.. You helping me, helps you. That we can talk about... James, she trailed off and took a drink.

I was asking about the Captain of the ship I pilot when we first met. That's why we are all here. He should have met is here, but its odd that he hasn't. Anything going on around here that he may have gotten mixed up in, or waylaid or something? I'm asking because we just got here today and the locals dont seem too interested in helping us out.

It wasn't exactly true that it was odd that the Captain was late, but he didn't know that and it may help her get some information. Plus, James was kinda hot and a lady in need always seemed to be better than a lady with demands.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-25-2016, 06:59 PM
DasBoot's Avatar
DasBoot DasBoot is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2017
RPXP: 81
DasBoot
Posts: 245
James Fennious "It don't matter if your a rootin tootin tomboy, you deserve to not get drink on your sleeve." He deiced he would talk first. "Alright fair, I'll give you the truth and I ain't a lier. I am new here too. Been here for bout a week. I am currently looking for work. I spent some time pretending to be a cop, like a young deputy of sorts. I can't stand when some one is getting picked on. Mason is my brand new best friend. I got into a pickle, and he saved me."

He looked over to make sure Mason was still in the bar, trying to see if he was in any trouble. " Since then we realized we have liked interest. Now we are looking for work and a way off the rock. Thats my story. " He took a sip of his whiskey. It burned his throat a little, and a slight ting grew on his lips. "As for my business, I really truely don't have any schemes about the ordeal. I saw you, and I heard something bout a kidnapped girl. I have a soft spot for woman, and I get all angry like when they are treated poorly. " He took another sip of his whiskey, but this time he prepared for the fire. "First off Mason will know more about it then me. But, I've heard some things about the Governor Florence. He was an old general from the war, way back. Seems like he lost and bought a planet. He's a mean son of a bitch, and kill ya if you step to him. He's got a side man, Mr. Clarke, think of him as his eyes, ears and mouth of the Governor."

James took a large gulp of his drink, it was hard to swallow. "Alright, now the next part gets a little grim. Before I tell you more you gotta know I was originally thinking about going after these guys and trying to get a bounty for umm but I realized I'd just end up dead. The Grace Town Raiders, and their witch are a thorn to the Governor. They're low tech hunters, that ambush everything passing through the mountains and even raiding some of the local farms and towns. Little while back the Governor tried to kill them, but it didn't go so well. They got ambushed lots dead, the G R's got away." He finished his glass with a hard shot down his throat. "So, tell me about the farmer girl. "
__________________
DM: Dark Saga (Pathfinder)
Dr. Diefenderferg of Brave New World (D20)
James Fennious of The Lost and the Damned (Serenity)
Prince Darius of Worlds Unending (D20)
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-25-2016, 07:35 PM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Mason, Outside the Wayward
Mason was a bit startled by the relatively unfamiliar woman's voice calling out from behind him. It was the second time that evening a woman had offered to buy him a drink, which was unusual enough as it was, but when he turned and saw its was one of the two lookers who had dropped into the bar that evening, he was even more surprised. When he'd left the bar a few minutes earlier, he was pretty sure those ladies would be arguing with the local authorities over their friend's situation well unto dawn. Every thin strand of good sense drifting haplessly in Mason's brainpan was practically vibrating a 'trouble' alarm but, as per usual, he had his mental thumb thoroughly jammed on the 'snooze' button.

Shrugging as he dismounts his vehicle, "Well, I don't suppose one more drink will hurt.", the large man approaches with an almost definitively goofy smile, "You and yours make a habit of dropping in to belt law bringers and booze up the locals, or is this some sort of special occasion? Maybe one of them bachelorette party type situations?"
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
Gail smiles at Mason’s comment.

Haha. I can’t say that we make it a habit to “belt law bringers” though it happens more often than you would think.

As for boozing up the locals… Let’s just say that your little display of skills impressed me. And I don’t just mean the fact that you knocked out that A-hole with a single punch, I’m talking about your quick thinking that saved his life from the Caspian thugs.
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-26-2016, 05:50 PM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-03-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,499
Vix glares at the ceiling a bit before uttering "Damn it." and getting up and making her way back down to Chao.

"Look I'm sorry about earlier, having a bad day, is there anything I can do to help?" She apologises and offers in a flat tone.
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-26-2016, 06:22 PM
JagerBlonde's Avatar
JagerBlonde JagerBlonde is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-26-2016
RPXP: 649
JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde JagerBlonde
Posts: 366
Becca slowly sipped her drink as James gave over lot of information. A whole lot.
She hoped her gut feeling was good and he wasn't just trying to gain her confidence for some kind of con job.
Don't let his handsomeness make you drop your guard girl, she thought to herself.

She finally spoke after a pause, making sure he was through telling her about the place.

This all sounds like something my Captain would be right in the middle of. We need to get some fresh Intel. Oh, the farm girl? I saw her just the once from a vid screen so... She was kinda cute? A little young though. Now, let's get one more for the road and try and find nd my Captain, while figuring out how to get Marilou out of jail, all the while hoping that all that raider stuff has nothing to do with it."
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:56 PM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Mason, Outside the WaywardExperience should tell Mason that following this pretty stranger with violent friends back into the Wayward to potentially drink away what scarce good judgment he was born with was the very definition of a bad idea, but with both flattery and free booze being thrown his way, the poor schmuck had zero chance of walking away, "Ah, well Jeb's an igiot, but if that were a hangin' offense, lots of folks 'round here would have might bit longer necks. Course, I'm probably going to catch hell from him and his buddy's tomorrow. No good deed an' all that. "

At the front of the Wayward once more, Mason again turns in M'Lady to the gun box, whilst doing his best to make polite small talk, "So other than tryin' out the accommodations' of the town pokey, what brings you and yours to this corner of the Verse. Ain't much to see 'cept rock busters, ranchers, and ruckus. An' ya'll sort of been bringing most the ruckus this evening."
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
Gail maintained her playful tone as she spoke with Mason.

We always bring the ruckus, you better believe it.

But, more seriously, I’m the First Mate onboard Charon’s Ferry; a 04-K77 model Firefly. We came here to deliver some agricultural supply and I suspect for personal reasons on the part of our Captain, who we were supposed to rendezvous with here.

As they enter the Wayward again, Gail signals a barman to pass her order.

What’s your poison? She asks Mason.

Once the big man answers, she orders whatever he asked for and a double shot of bourbon for herself.

I’m Gail by the way.

Now how about you? What brings you to the exotic charms of Whitestone?
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-27-2016, 02:11 PM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Mason, Inside the WaywardMason joins Gail at the bar, again noting that Jay is back with the pretty lady from before, "Well, name's Mason ma'am, an' like I said, not much around here but rock bustin' and ranchin'... an' I ain't never been one much for shovelin' cowpies. But my lil' sis back home gonna be needin' some credits to attend one of them fancy medical academies, so I been workin' the mines for a few months now, til something better comes along.", as he simply orders another beer.

Downing that drink rather quickly, his normally jovial grin straightens up a bit, as his eyes scan the room and see several of the local men he knows haven't been getting their meds of late, "Course that's all gone to hell wit' them damn wannabe-Reavers coming down from Gracetown. They keep raidin' all the gorram meds, so folks are fallin' to the malady more and more... and the foremen are gettin' ansy about lettin' non-locals work the mines anymore. Worried any one of us could be one of those psychos out to blow a shaft or something. "

Realizing, probably a half a moment too late that lamenting the town's woes was probably not the best topic of conversation maintain this woman's attentions, Mason haphazardly attempts to recover with a boisterous chuckle, "Honestly though, I have half a mind to blast the whole lot of the bastards to hell myself. I mean, sure there was an awful scuttlebutt not but a while ago that something like that didn't go all that well for the governor, even with all his law-bringers' fancy duds and guns... but half that lot barely know which end of the barrel to point nor the good sense to know who they should be pointin' it at half time."

A bit more self-assured after such flippant boasting, Mason cuts another a glance towards Jay and the other woman, whom he now assumed was a member of Gails' crew, attempting to remember some of the allegedly sage wisdom the young lothario had imparted upon him in recent days, "Still, probably best you and yours just keep clear of the place. Be a damned shame if one of them devil's got their claws on an angel like yourself. " The seemingly confident smile creeping upon the big man's face clearly belies the fact that he is utterly oblivious to exactly how cheesy his pick-up line was.

Last edited by rasatabula; 01-27-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-27-2016, 04:29 PM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
Gail cracks a smile at Mason’s cheesy “angel” line. Her body language betray her and Mason would have to be pretty thick not to realize that she is interested.

Cute!Kuh Ai!

Well, don’t you worry about that. This angel can take care of herself; all I need are my trusty pistols by my side.

Wannabe-Reavers coming down from Gracetown you say?

S***Mi Tian Goh!

That’s exactly where our captain was heading. So Mason, you said you were waiting for something better to come along? Well, here it is. I’m going after the captain in Gracetown, if you’re interested I could use the muscle since with Marilou in jail we are currently a bit short on that front, and your local knowledge may come in handy. You’d be paid for your assistance, this goes without saying.

So what do you think?
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!

Last edited by Finrod Ancalímon; 01-27-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-27-2016, 06:03 PM
DasBoot's Avatar
DasBoot DasBoot is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2017
RPXP: 81
DasBoot
Posts: 245
James FenniousJames ordered another glass and smashed it down with a quick vigor. "[b]Alright, let me go find Mason. Make sure were both on board. Maybe see if the big guy can work his charm, getting your friend out of trouble. Thing about him, he big and tough but most people like him.

James navigated the bar to meet up with Mason. "Whatchya up to mate, and who is this?"
__________________
DM: Dark Saga (Pathfinder)
Dr. Diefenderferg of Brave New World (D20)
James Fennious of The Lost and the Damned (Serenity)
Prince Darius of Worlds Unending (D20)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB