Game Thread Witch Hunt - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 06-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, WoodlandsHarold let's out muffled sigh and massages his forehead in frustration as Mason fiddles with the light mounted on his weapon. As the big man attempts Morse code in vain, no less than four more figures emerge from the darkness around them. Two of the mysterious figures reveals themselves to clearly be Raven and Jay, whilst the other two are a hillfolk sheriff and the Asian Whitestone officer Mason saw earlier. The later duo are both mindful to minimise any noise they much as they scurry over to Harold, taking a knee to keep a low profile once they reach their destination. The gruff looking hillfolk sheriff momentarily trains his lever action rifle on Raven, however quickly lowers it when he notices that the mechanic has his weapon slung.

"We don't wanna get in ya way?" Harold sarcastically replies to Raven's comments. "You and ya gorram friends are literally standin' in the middle of my free fire zone, between the barrels of my gun and the enemy! You're in my gorram way alright..." Despite starting firm yet calm, Harold's face goes redder as he talks and he points accusingly into the darkness.

"Come on Harold, do you wanna stand here arguing? Now? In this place?" Interjects the Asian officer in a hushed tone. At the moment he seems more swayed by Raven's approachability than Harold. "Alright, alright," concedes Harold. "This f*cken day just gets better and better," he grumbles through gritted teeth as he stokes his bushy red beard and kicks the rocks at his feet. "So what? You three were after your Captain? You got him? Can you go now?"


Gracetown, Outskirts
right-aligned image
Whilst the rest of the crew deals with Whitestone's officers, Vix ventures further uphill northwards towards Gracetown on her own. As she presses onwards Mason's glowstick become fainter and fainter, whilst the several flowing lights in the distance grow brighter with each step. Whilst she is still in the thick of the woodlands, Vix begins to make out in the distance that the forest gives way to a slight clearing and beyond that something more. It must be township of Gracetown. It's hard to make it out in the pitch black, but it appears to consist of nothing more than a single muddy street beset either side by long abandoned and decrepit wooden buildings. Whatever this unwelcoming place was, it has long passed it's hay day.

However, what catches Vix's immediate attention is the floating lights in the grassland between her and the town. There appears to be a dozen or so men present, several of whom are holding flaming torches in their painted blue hands. Their flickering fires make it easier to make out themselves and their surroundings on this gloomy overcast night. They're draped in simple, almost primitive, clothing and most wear cloth or sack hoods with small eye holes to obscure their faces. Together they all stand casually around a large wooden stake and pyre.

And bound to that stake, like an eighteenth century witch, is a familiar middle age man dressed in the ugliest Hawaiian shirt you'd ever lay eyes on. Charlie Simpson, the Captain. From the treeline Vix struggles to make him out but his outrageous garb is unmistakable. "Okay, okay," slurs Charlie, smiling despite clearly having sustained some sort of beating. "I get everything... everything but the antlers. What? Is there special doe out there you're sweet on?" chuckles the captain to himself. He seems to be mocking the leader of the gang, a man that is wearing some sort of bizzare deer antler headdress. The towering brute doesn't seem to appreciate the captain's sense of humour and promptly proceed to punch him in the face. A second masked man takes this as an indication to light the pyre beneath Charlie, however when he lowers his flaming torch to wood the leader raises his hand in protest. "Not yet. Soon..."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
With Vix heading out in the darkness without asking permission first and Jay and Raven breaking cover from their own volition, Gail pushes a deep sigh of exasperation.

Why in the gorram Verse did I accept the position of First Mate? Why?

She then turns in the general direction of Marilou; unable to see exactly where the assassin is hiding in the darkness, before whispering:

Marilou stay hidden for the time being. Just in case.

Gail then rises to her feet and also breaks cover to join the members of her crew engaged in conversation with Harold. She approaches the men slowly and with her hands up to make sure she represents no threat. While approaching she catches the last part of the conversation.

That’s the problem officer; we haven’t found our Captain yet. Now I reckon you have two choices. You can either waist your time and energy trying to make us leave. Or you can swallow your gorram pride and do the smart thing; which is let us join your little posse since I have a feeling we share the same enemies anyway.
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-29-2016, 01:02 AM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-11-2019
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,169
Marilou didn't make a sound to acknowledge Gail's request. The First Mate would just have to go on blind faith for now. The young assassin laid where she was making hardly a sound as she listened. That's the thing she learned when training - there's a lot of listening, and a lot of waiting.
__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-29-2016, 07:30 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,505
Vix pauses and counts the visible adversaries while watching the goings on. Well, it looked like Charlie was still alive and being charlie. That was a good sign. However, as much as her pistol might be silenced it wasn't silent, nor was she an able enough marksmen to take them all out by herself. but she had stealth cunning, and hopefully, friends who would come running when all hell broke loose, not to mention the officers who'd they'd probably run into by now.

She slowly placed herself behind a tree from the vantage point of the bandits and crouched, putting down the off torch. SDhe carefully reached into her pocket to pull forth her squawkbox. It wasn't much more than a cheap clock radio with MP3 capability. She was careful because the screen might put off some light which in this darkness was way too easy to spot, hence the tree and doing her best to keep a hand around it while she set the alarm for a few minutes from now, say 10? crack the volume to max and set it down near the tree facing it. she then picked the torch back up and started to arc her way around the pyre and closer to the town. In a few minutes, her favourite tunes would start pumping into the quiet night, summoning her 'allies' distracting the enemy and covering the cough of her pistol while she charged in to save charlie. What could go wrong?

Everything. Everything could go wrong...
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-01-2016, 12:57 AM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Mason, Shuttle Outside GracetownMason is a bit concerned that a couple of the crew hadn't come back to the shuttle when the band of old timers arrived. He's even more concerned when he realizes the two missing are the crazy one from the bar fight and the one that had darted off towards Gracetown alone. If Mason were a betting man, which he sometimes was... he'd put his money on things going south but quick.

Unsure of how to address the issue without undermining Gail's argument, Mason leans in with a hushed tone, "Umm... ma'am, dijya see where... uh... yer... yer scout, I guess. Dijya see where yer scout got off to?"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-01-2016, 01:11 AM
roninkelt's Avatar
roninkelt roninkelt is offline
Artist & Warrior
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2020
RPXP: 4474
roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt
Posts: 2,920
ICRaven moved aside to let Gail through, then backed her up when she laid it out for the officer. He long ago learned that getting in close looked like looming, especially with his height, so he stayed back an extra couple steps to give everyone their room. If Gail needs anything, he's there.

Since Gail's talking to the head man, Raven keeps an eye on what the others are up to and on the surrounding terrain. He spotted the posse in the first place, he hopes to prevent anyone further sneaking up on them, either a bushwhack from Gracetown or from the others of the posse.
__________________
Be a Community Supporter | Build Better Characters | Nominate a Post of the Month

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, Woodlands"Don't go throwing ultimatums at me miss," growls Harold to Gail, his voice raised but still in a whisper. "Who do you think you are? This is a gorram police operation and I will not have a bunch wayward planet hoppers put the lives of my men at risk." The presence of the crew had clearly throw a spanner in works for the officer.

"So what's the plan then?" impatiently inquires the Asian officer of his comrade. It may have been over a decade since the unification war, but these old browncoats still seemed pretty sharp. Without missing a beat Harold turns to the older silver haired sheriff. "Samuel, take Ari and the sixty-six east side," he orders. The rugged hill folkman nods in acknowledgment before disappearing into the night. Harold then addresses his fellow officer and browncoat veteran. "Kim, swing west with the rest of lads and sweep the town as you go. Nothin' loud til I initiate. Probably with the forty."

"What about you?" inquires Kim as he stands up to leave. "Babysittin'," replies Harold dryly. "You four are on me," he states as matter of fact, pointing to the rest of the crew. Jay throws him a mocking salute and glances to Mason with a dumbfound look on his face. The gunslinger seemed more interested in the big guy's impressions then his newer aquantiance, Gail. "Don't sass me boy, or I swear to the creator above... One wrong step and these bastard will melt away into the night, you should know that. If you dumbasses wanna play big damn heroes then you keep quiet, follow me and don't shoot any of my men. Hell if you can pull that off I might even reconsider arresting you when I'm done."
Gracetown, Outskirts
right-aligned image
For Vix it is a slow nerve-racking crawl stalking the tree line. Every broken twig and leaf crunched under foot causes her to look up and reassure herself that she has not been heard. Now and then one of the bandits turns his masked face in Vix's direction but at least for the moment they seem completely oblivious to her. By her prior head count there were ten of them, but seemed like that was about to change as well.

From the direction of the dilapidated township three more figures emerge from the inky darkness. The first two are like the others, hooded faces and old wood furnished rifles slung over their shoulders. However, the third is a striking contrast. The black silhouette slowly takes the form of young slender woman. She glides almost ethereal like across ground, her long white dress dragging in the mud. Atop her head lies a crown of flowers, which seems fitting given her almost regal entrance.

"Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, oh my dear Charlie," the pale girl listlessly repeats as she saunters over to the pyre. Her seemly detached tone and fluid movements would have given the impression that this lass had just walked straight out of a Tong opium den, were that not so absurd. She climbs right up to the captain, her face merely inches from Charlie despite her aloof glaze never actually meeting his. "Ami! Ami, listen to me. You know me. After all we've been though, you know I've only ever had you best interests at heart," pleads Charlie sincerely. His voice is remarkably calm given the circumstances, however there is an unmistakable newfound seriousness about him.

"It comes so easily to you..." sighs the woman, fainting a pout. She looks the captain in the eye for the first time and strokes his stubbled check with the back of her small hand. "...lying to women. Lying period." Charlie was by no means a stranger to insults, yet this accusation seemed to cut the man deep. He opens his mouth to retort but the eerie woman cuts him off. "But with me? You should know better than that," she smiles as she presses her finger to his lips. She then leans in closure and begins whispering something into his ear. Vix was struggling as it was to make out what was being said, but at this distance she could now hear nothing more.
OOC
I threw together a quick map just so it's easier to visualise the layout of scenario. I'll probably make a better one up if things get fiddly with combat. The town and road going through it are in the top right. The dark blue cross is Vix's squawkbox and the light blue cross is Vix. The red circle is the pyre, Charlie and the woman. The red cross are the Gracetown raiders and the dark red one is their leader. The crew are to the south.

Last edited by Hack; 07-02-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-04-2016, 06:49 PM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Mason, Shuttle Outside GracetownMason honestly doesn't know what to make of Jay's clowning around, but is still more concerned with Harold's posse heading out with no one giving any mention of the two women still unaccounted for at the moment. Despite his desire to not upset Gail or any of his potential new crewmates, being unsure as to why no one else was saying anything and concerned for their safety, the big guy hastily speaks up before the other posse members leave, "Gorramit... wait... there 'are two other ladyfolk out there. One' wit'a long-boy and one wit'... I don' know... she's blonde though. Not sure wat they're up to... but they don' dress like any raider I evah seen and don' look like they been livin' in the dirt neither... so if ya see a someone not in dirty hides and rags... try not ta kill 'em."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
Gail follows up on Mason’s intervention.

Yes, I have a sniper on overwatch and a… scout who went up ahead towards Grace Town.

Gail tried to sell it as best she could, but her frustration at Vix for going alone in the woods, potentially surrounded by raiders at night made it hard to cover for her. The only reason Gail tried was to give a semblance professionalism so the veteran law man wouldn’t take them even more for amateurs.
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!

Last edited by Finrod Ancalímon; 07-05-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-06-2016, 11:20 PM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-11-2019
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,169
And this..is why she can't trust people. Marilou's irritation flares enough that the grip on her rifle intensifies to the point where her hand might be bone white if they were in more visible conditions. The last time the gorram police saw her, she was in a cell. Now what'll they do when they find out she basically escaped? She could only hope the chief had sense to put that aside for now.

As for the big man and Gail, well, now she'll just have to keep them at arms length.

She'd retreat into the woods and move on her own for a sniper position if it was clear that they were going to advance on Gracetown, but if they wanted to see her face first well... her face was going to be in a long, silent scowl.
__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 AM
rasatabula rasatabula is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2016
RPXP: 303
rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula rasatabula
Posts: 379
Suddenly realizing Harold actually had a point, Mason decides the crew simply isn't worth the trouble and leaves the posse to their mission,
"Officer, ya are right, this is Gorram crazy and gone ta far... prolly jus gonna get 'em an' yer men kilt, heck maybe even by each other. I don' want no more part in this." Giving Gail a final sorry-its-a-left-swipe grimace and Jay a parting good-luck-you-are-going-to-need-it nod, the Persephone native exits the shuttle and heads back in the direction of town on foot. Disappearing into the night, Mason muses upon having lost another hover bike following some pretty face out of a bar.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,505
Vix bunkers down and does her best to listen over the loud thumping of her heart. This wasn't her forte, she was the type to crawl through air ducts and hide in storage closets while she hacked into the security grid and slowly assumed control. Trees don't have Wifi and mud couldn't be switched off. Darkness she could handle, it was her friend, sometimes it was her only friend... kinda like right now. Then the witch appeared. Or at least Vix assumed it was the witch. For one she was the only Woman Vix had spotted and quite eerie. Not as old bedraggled or crone-ish as she'd hoped. One of her fellow... ah... POWs had been obsessed that the alliance was trying to read their minds and sort to teach them how to combat it. It was something along the line of focusing your mind on a picture and a song. The easier to remember the better. Frankly, everyone had thought them nuts. Naturally, they had been one of Vix's buddies, maybe she was better at putting up with people?
Having heard this Witch was a mind reader (not that Vix really believed in it) she bent her mind to the task. It was easy really, find one of those stupid commercials that get stuck in your head then focus on it. Over and over. And over again. She could pretty much see the ad...

And again...

And again...

ugh... It would have to be that annoying gum commercial. Very catchy though. Very catchy...
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 07-09-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, Woodlands"Mas! Hey Mason! Aw, come on, wait up," cries out Jay as he follows after the big man. As he begins to disappear into the inky blackness, the young gunslinger turns to Gail and give an apologetic shrug before chasing after Mason. The giant’s sudden change of heart had cost Gail the two most heavily armed members of her party, and now only Raven was left standing with her. She could hardly blame the duo for their desertion. After all, this was hardly their fight and the local law enforcement had made it clear that they didn't appreciate this civilian intervention. "Tight crew you got there," remarked Harold sarcastically as he watched the pair fade away into the night. "Eh, come on, I don't have all night. You either do the smart thing and follow their example or hurry up and press on," sighs the officer as he begins to jog onwards towards the flickering lights in the distance.

Gracetown, OutskirtsThe calm before the storm. It's hard to truly appreciate the peaceful serenity of it until the moment is thunderously snatched away from you. Vix feels like for few seconds the entire world stalls and everything plays in slow motion. Her squawkbox plays it tune right on que, a decade old pop classic heralding the chaotic loud violence to come. The Gracetown bandits immediately snap to attention, like a flock of startled animals.

Directly to the north of Vix, the two raiders supposedly standing sentry are alerted just in time to see the officers sweeping through Gracetown descend upon them. It appeared that the lawmen had hoped to silently dispatch the two lookouts, however the loud music had cause them to notice their encroaching assailants just in time. The furthest bandit raises his rifle in vain as two of the hillfolk sheriffs rush him, with knives in hand as they had no opportunity now to draw their own sidearms. The officer and sheriff closer to Vix were still not close enough to have silently dispatched the other sentry. With no time left to close the distance both lawmen begin to fire their weapons into the raider, hopefully before he can unsling his rifle.

Single shot rifles, shotgun blasts and the sqawkbox's dissonant soundtrack however were soon drowned out by the roar of sustained automatic machine gun fire. It seemed that the pair of lawmen flacking from the east had joined the fray. From the cover of the tree line they begin to lay down a barrage of lead.

Harold, Gail and Raven were just in sight of clearing when the music and gunshots ring out throughout the surounding woodlands. Without out muttering so much as a single command to them, Harold runs forwards and raises his weapon's platform into the air. There is a dull "foop" sound and a small puff of mist as a grenade is propelled from the underslung launcher attached to his rifle and into the night sky. Gail and Raven hoped that the gung-ho Sergeant remembered that their captain was now right in the middle of this firefight.

Marilou had stalked the rest of the crew to the clearing, not that she needed directions after the mayhem erupted. She spies Charlie still tied to the pyre, struggling in vain to worm free of the excessive rope binds that had cocooned him to the stake. At his feet sits the eerie pale girl. She seems completely oblivious to the bullets whizzing pass her flower laden head. Instead the bizarre woman stares fixated upon the tree line in unwavering silence.

OOCThis is the first turn of combat for the Battle of Gracetown. Whilst the map above is sexier, I'm gonna be using this EXCEL MAP to show the positions of characters. It will be updated every turn, along with each character's condition in the Battle of Gracetown thread. Each box represents 5 feet (You can generally move 15 feet or 3 boxes per turn without running). Make sure when you make your game posts to put in OOC below them who you are attacking and you current grid position (i.e. Attacking GR11, Currently at G3 moving to G7). You can move into the brown squares. They are thicker trees that count as medium cover. If you are not happy with your character's starting position you can choose to move them now before combat starts.

Aslo for your information everything in clearing counts as Dim Light and everything in the treeline counts as Dark.
Dim Light: Add +4 to the Difficulty of hitting any target more than 10 feet away. (An Easy target 20 feet away would now require a 7 or better to hit.)
Dark: Add +8 to the Difficulty of hitting any target more than 10 feet away. (An Easy target 20 feet away would now required an 11 or better to hit.)

Last edited by Hack; 07-11-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-12-2016, 06:55 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,505
Well, this was interesting, in both senses of the word. Her primary directive was still 'Save Charlie' but how to go about it?
If she was Marilou she'd likely shoot the ropes. No, she'd shoot the witch first, probably.
Gail? Maybe risk her life and run in to cut him free.
Vix? Well... she'd remotely access them with her databook and command them to untie themselves. If they were mechanical and had Wifi. Damn bandits and their lack of exploitable technology! If she didn't want to stay hidden she'd shake her fist at them. Them and their witch who with a bit more colour in her cheeks and a nice dress would make a better holo vid star then that girl back at the police station. Especially if she could actually read minds. Scrap. Possible mind reader. Gum commercial GUM COMMERCIAL!!

She drops the torch and pulling out her pistol holds it with both hands just like Marilou taught her and sights up the ropes behind charlie, then squeezes the trigger.

OOCSpending move action to Aim. Attacking ropes @S23:T24 with pistol from AC35
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 07-12-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-12-2016, 09:20 PM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-11-2019
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,169
Where are they going now? Are they just going to leave? Marilou's irritation turned into bewilderment at the sudden change of heart on the bar duo. No matter, she didn't really trust them anyway. As the party leaves, so too does Marilou. She lags behind purposefully but when she hears the tell-tale sounds of a firefight she picks up her pace.

It sounded like the raiders were armed to the teeth, but the police were better equipped regardless. The thump of the sergeant's grenade launcher was an explosive reminder of that.

Marilou quickly moves through the bushes and trees, setting a prone position incidentally near Vix. Though she could barely make out the silhouettes through the scope of her rifle she couldn't possibly miss the captain, who was tied to a massive pyre. Marilou's heart skipped a beat at the sight and thought of a man being burned alive. She didn't trust the captain entirely, but she did have slight respect for him when he wasn't bumbling them into these situations.

There was a woman standing in front of him. Dressed in white and unarmed, she hesitated on her decision to shoot. She was a pale little thing, but something seemed off about her. An inexplicable, minute sense of superstition and nervousness made Marilou break into a sweat. Why was she just standing there? The dilemma going on her mind about whether she was an enemy or not was answered with a smacking of cold reality that could only be learned from certain experience.

If she wasn't an enemy, she'd be helping the captain or diving for shelter. Now shoot.

Marilou aimed for the ghost's leg, tuned out the battle happening around her and pulled the trigger.

OOC
Initiative: 15
Move: Prone (If not prone already)
Combat: Called shot to Ghost's leg (15)

Rolls
__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB