Game Thread Witch Hunt - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 07-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
Gail is left speechless as Mason and Jay abandons the crew at the most critical time. It was a good thing she didn’t pay them in advance. And it was an even better thing that nothing had happened between her and Mason last night; in the space of a second, any frustration she still had about that evaporated.

I’m coming. She answers Harold.

When the gunfire starts, Gail draws her pistols and makes her way forward to the patch of thicker trees in front of her, before opening fire on two of the Gracetown Raider to her right.


OOC
Currently at Q38 moving to Q35

Attacking GR8 and GR10
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-13-2016, 12:24 AM
roninkelt's Avatar
roninkelt roninkelt is offline
Artist & Warrior
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2020
RPXP: 4474
roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt
Posts: 2,920
ICRaven gazed after Mason and Jay as they disappeared into the night and rain. Perhaps he's got a point. Raven shook his head and turned back to Gail and Harold. He looked to Gail This is my crew, I aint runnin out on them now and Cap'n Charlie's around here somewhere. There weren't no blood on the inside of the shuttle.

As Harold headed out toward Gracetown, then Gail, Raven followed. When the gunfire started, he did the sensible thing and hid behind a tree. As flashes lit the night, Raven crouched low and darted from tree to tree, working toward where everyone else had run. When cover started petering out he dropped and began to crawl through the undergrowth.

Explosions and rifle fire cracked through the night. The smell of explosives and powder filled his nose with their acrid stink. Raven kept his head down, not popping above the cover of the undergrowth to see, relying on his other senses to warn of danger. As he crawled, a sudden thought occurred and he smeared muddy dirt across his forehead, face and the back of his hands. He also pulled his burnoose down low, looping it more like a bandanna than a head covering.

His breath came fast, nearly panting. He stopped every few feet to gather himself and scan for the next move, trying to scan for the gullies and low spots that are naturally part of every landscape.


oocthat would be roughly n38 to n36 then o35 before crawling low and trying to stay out of sight. stealth is more important to raven than speed.
Dice Alertness and Perception:
1d6 2
1d12t 4 Running Total = 6
Initiative.
Dice Intelligence and Perception:
1d6 5
1d10t 7 Running Total = 12
Perception
__________________
Be a Community Supporter | Build Better Characters | Nominate a Post of the Month

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-17-2016, 04:48 AM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, WoodlandsThe frenzy of battle and speed in which these chaotic events unfolded made it difficult to determine who was the first to break the sqawkbox's foreboding tune with gunfire. However, hindsight would reveal it to Marilou. Strangely, the assassin had forgone the more obvious targets, say the dozen or so heavily armed bandits, in favour of maiming a clearly unarmed girl. Marilou's skill with her weapon however is not as questionable as her morals, and even in the dim light the bullet falls directly on target. The rifle round tears through young lady's calf splattering the bottom half of her white dress with a crimson red. She remains unusually silent as she calmly presses her hand to the wound before then examining her bloodstained palm with morbid curiosity. Meanwhile, the rest of the Gracetown raiders wasted no time standing around. Upon first hearing Vix's music pierce the serene night, the posse immediately scatters like a flock of spooked birds. It seems that the forewarning tune had probably inadvertently saved many of their lives as they made a frantic bee line towards the surrounding woodlands just as the bullets begin to whizz around them.

Directly to the north of Vix, the two raiders supposedly standing sentry are alerted just in time to see the officers sweeping through Gracetown descend upon them. It appeared that the lawmen had hoped to silently dispatch the two lookouts, however the loud music had cause them to notice their encroaching assailants just in time. The furthest bandit raises his rifle in vain as two of the hillfolk sheriffs rush him, with knives in hand as they had no opportunity now to draw their own sidearms. Despite his age, the older sheriff crashes into the raider before he can even get off a shot, wrestling the struggling bandit to the ground. Most folk in Whitestone would be considered backwards hicks by civilized standards, however these small town sheriffs were tough as guts frontiersmen that made the rest look like tea sipping Core Worlders by comparison. In the violence of the melee, there seemed to be no love lost between the hillfolk and their kin from Gracetown. Whilst he is helplessly pinned to the muddy earth, the Sheriff earlier identified as Samuel plunges his bowie knife into the throat of trashing raider.

The officer and other sheriff closer to Vix were still not close enough to have silently dispatched the other sentry. With no time left to close the distance both lawmen begin to fire their weapons into the raider, hopefully before he can unsling his rifle. The bandit manages to draw and raise his weapon but he takes his shot in a panicked rush and misses the duo by wide margin. Officer Kim, unmistakably a Unification War survivor by his long brown duster, responses with the ruthless efficiency of a combat veteran. He raises his scoped assault rifle and calming squeezes the trigger, putting a well-placed bullet between the eyes the second Gracetown raider.

Gail opens fire with her two pair pistols, graciously contributing the ever growing barrage of flying lead in the air. It's hard to tell in the darkness if she hit anything however she could have sworn that she had at least clipped a couple of the bandits, not that they seemed to notice. Because even if she did hit them, these tough hillfolk bastards didn't seem too fazed about it. One of the raiders attempts to return the favour popping off a round in Gail's direction as he charges directly at her.

At the same time, Harold runs forwards and raises his weapon's platform into the air. There is a dull "foop" sound and a small puff of smoke as a grenade is propelled from the underslung launcher attached to his rifle and into the night sky. The tiny projectile shrieks through the air before landing just short of an oncoming raider. There's no great ball of fire like in some cheesy action holo vid, but instead a booming crack like thunder and an explosion of mud and dirt that rises into the air. The unfortunate bandit at the foot of the blast is thrown backwards like a rag doll, landing unnaturally a few feet away as a corpse. Uplifted earth and lethal fragments from the grenade pepper the surroundings. Before the bandit now standing directly in front of Gail can get off a second shot at her this wave of deadly shrapnel washes over him. Whilst the damage caused the raider to stagger and howl in pain, it only distracts him from Gail for a second.

Gail's luck however was about to run dry. None of the bandit's move as fast as their antler wearing leader, who recklessly sprints across the clearing to the tree line. Unlike his comrades who duck and weave their way forward, he pays no heed to the bullets flying around him. As he reaches the tall pines surrounding him, the raider shoulders his pump action shotgun at these uninvited intruders. There's a loud crack, and Gail immediately feels a sharp sting in the side of the stomach. The ballistic mesh she was wearing seems to have made little difference as the underlay is perforated by dozens of tiny ball bearings. Despite the searing pain of wound, fortunately the damage itself is not life threating or even incapacitating if Gail has the mental fortitude to fight through the pain.

Meanwhile, Vix makes her own attempt to free her captain. She lines up her pistol sights and takes aim at Charlie's binds before squeezing the trigger. There's a bang followed quickly by a howl of pain in the distance from a top the pyre. "Motherfu..." cries Charlie as he looks down to examine the fresh bullet wound in his left shoulder. He had managed to make it through the six year Unification War without get shot, yet now he was winged for the first time by none other than one if his very own crew. Ironic. The eerie woman at his feet looks up at him with a blank expression on her pale face. Slowly, she rises to his level, ignoring her own leg wound. The girl places two of her fingers to her lips before pressing them firmly against Charlie's wound.

As the battle for Gracetown rages single shot rifles, shotgun blasts and the sqawkbox's dissonant soundtrack were soon drowned out by the roar of sustained automatic machine gun fire. It seemed that the pair of lawmen flanking from the east had joined the fray. From the cover of the tree line they begin to lay down a barrage of lead. Whilst it is unclear where or not they hit any of their intended targets, the duo does a good job of tearing up undergrowth and trees in a vicious hail of bullets. The three bandits in the area had Vix's music to thank, for if they had been caught flat footed they would have likely been turned into Swiss cheese.

The with enemies closing down on her and a shotgun blast to the guts, the heavily preoccupied Gail misses an incoming transmission from Charon's Ferry. Luckily, Raven had also brought a communications link and was able to listen in Becca's brief open transmission. "Guys, head's up. I don't know if you were expecting the boys in purple but I've got what looks like a patrol cruiser bearing down on your position, over." There's a short pause before radio crackles to life again, "Gail? They're not..." Raven misses the last half of the message as a stray stream of bullet kick up the mud in front of him. It seems like the the battlefield isn't the best place for a conversation. Fortunately for the ship's mechanic, it appears that no one was actually paying him any heed as the bandits made their desperate charge towards the treeline. Never the less, it was nerve-wracking the further into the open he crawled.

Last edited by Hack; 07-18-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-18-2016, 02:33 PM
roninkelt's Avatar
roninkelt roninkelt is offline
Artist & Warrior
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2020
RPXP: 4474
roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt
Posts: 2,920
ICWhen one of the Gracetown boys pounded by, Raven hugged even closer to the ground, cursing and questioning under his breath as he crawled further into the open. At least it's not broad daylight. Raven didn't know that it was possible to get so low to the ground, perhaps he was half sunken into the soil, dredging through it like some sort of shotgun armed earthworm. The Captain had better be ok with all this lead flying around. Just what we'd need - Charlie catching a stray round.. The radio is peripheral to him at this moment, he doesn't reply or even heed it right now. Anything that happens five minutes from now wouldn't matter if he were dead in 30 seconds.

A bullet or three buzz by from various directions, sounding like angry bees flying at mach one. He hopes that they aren't directed at him and that the maniacs with the machine gun turn their attention somewhere else fairly soon. The heavy thunder of gunfire is ringing in his ears, louder than it has any right to be and more sustained than the sharp crack of the explosion earlier. Raven scanned for low spots and hugged them, concentrating on scanning for places to go and people to avoid. The amount of energy burned was incredible, if anyone had IR glasses he would have stood out like a beacon. Life narrows down to a simple series of events - crawl, pant, scan, crawl pant scan. Simple, but fraught. Simple but way more complicated. The consequences were dire, likely just as fatal as breathing vaccum.



oocHeading out to N34, then looping toward the bonfire post, following what low ground there is. BTW - I'm assuming this is a field, with fairly tall overgrown grass or weeds, not someones closely clipped lawn. If this is not correct please let me know.
__________________
Be a Community Supporter | Build Better Characters | Nominate a Post of the Month

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,505
Oh, Globbits!! She'd shot the captain, she'd actually shot the captain. Well, scrap. She could kick herself but now was not the time. Obviously shooting the ropes had been a really bad idea, but it was much safer for her than charging out to try and cut them. Which apparently was the only thing that was going to work other then wipe out the bandits and then free the captain, if he wasn't full of holes from an indiscriminate lawman or crewman such as herself. Furthermore, if she charged out from where she currently was he might put two and two togeather and get 'Vix shot me'. So it was time to find a new position and maybe focus on taking down some bandits before reattempting Mission:Rescue Charlie.

She slunk away from that position towards the others, making sure to take the torch with her as she positioned herself in her new hiding place she opened fire on a nearby bandit.

OOCMove to Z35 Stealthily. Shoot at GR8
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-21-2016, 06:48 PM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-11-2019
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,169
Marilou couldn't make out much more than the silhouette of the girl, but she was sure she hit her mark. To her dismay though, the girl barely reacted to the hit, and what's more, someone clipped the captain. Seeing the girl apply pressure to the captain's wound made her re evaluate her intentions and that is when she decided to reprioritize her targets.

She saw a raider or two run for the tree line, probably to flank the crew. Knowing her skill wasn't enough to snipe in darkness and having a flashlight would only bring attention to herself, she decided for what she thought was the best course of action. She got up from her prone position and jogged down where one of the raiders went, stalking near as close as she can before firing a headshot. Perhaps this raider would have gear better suited for the situation, not to mention she needed to rebuild her armory.

OOCAction: Get up from prone (Fighting type free action)
Action: Hustle 30 ft to AC 29 or AD 29 (I want that point blank modifier) -1 skill
Action: Called Shot GR9 Vital Area Head -2 skill

Within 10 ft - Point blank +1 skill

Rolls
__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
Though everything is happening at a furious pace, to Gail it all seems to be in slow-motion. Shots buzz past her, and the raider that was charging her stops in his tracks as he is hit by shrapnel from Sargeant Harold’s grenade.

Even the sound of the pump action shotgun from the antler wearing Raider seems muffled by the slow-motion effect. But when the sharp pain of the ball bearings hits her, Gail snaps out of it and everything now seems to run at normal speed. All of a sudden she is hit by the cacophony of the raging gunfight. The pain is intense and her body is flushed with adrenaline. It takes every ounce of self-control she has not to unload her two pistols at the antler wearing Raider in a blaze of retaliatory rage.

Instead, she goes with the right tactical move and shoots at the Raider standing in front of her before moving towards cover.


OOCAttacking GR11

Moving from P37 to R39
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-31-2016, 07:21 AM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, WoodlandsThe battle of Gracetown reaches a frenzied climax as the raiders quickly realise that they are hopelessly outgunned and surrounded. Whilst some continue their mad dash to the cover of the treeline, the rest decide to hold their ground and go out fighting. They recklessly return fire with all they have, blasting back at officers and crew with their rifles. Whilst the firefight rages, the pales girl remains stoically aloof atop the large pyre. Charlie on the other hand continues his futile wriggling and cursing to no avail.

Flowing with the momentum of battle Marilou goes on the offensive. She charges forward, firing off around into a bandit as she passes. The target appears to grasps his head before collapsing in a heap before her. To her right, the sheriffs and the raiders trade lead with reckless abandon. Their bloodlust seems to have the better of them, as both side do little more than chew up the scenery and waste ammunition. They had gusto and savvy, but these hillfolk on both sides clearly were not expert marksmen. Those that do seem to catch stray shrapnel and bullets are not readily deterred and continue firing. Their adrenaline making them oblivious to any injuries that they have sustained, at least for now.

The bandit before Gail raised his rattled head. In the chaos of the fighting his hood seems to have fallen off, revealing a battered and bruised face. Blood flows from his nose and ears, and he appears to be coughing blood as well as a result of the Harold's grenade. Likewise struggling with an excruciating shotgun blast to the gut, Gail raises her pistols at the raider. Even with his shaky hands the wounded bandit is quicker to the draw, but his own grieve injuries have hampered his aim. There's another loud bang as the bandit haphazardly puts a rifle round through Gail's shoulder. She returns the favour firing her own pistols into the man until he falls back limp onto the tree behind him. It's hard to see in the darkness, but her clothes are now completely stained with blood, most of it her own. It flows rapidly from her shoulder, and an uncomfortable dizziness begins to cause her head to spin.

Harold sprints pass Gail and her deceased assailant, firing his assault rifle at the bandit's bizarre antler wearing leader. The burly brute charges towards the officer, unphased a round that strikes him in the chest. He collides into Harold with great force, knocking the both of them to the ground. The two wrestle in the mud, throwing vicious head butts and striking each other with the butts of their weapons.

Raven continues to crawl forward as one of the Gracetown raiders hurries past in from of him. The hooded bandit quickly disappears into the dark treeline, possibly to flee the fighting entirely. Perhaps, this cowardly sort had the right idea as just seconds later the heavy machinegun on the left flank roars again. The large calibre rounds rend the two other nearby bandits limb from limb, unceremoniously cutting them to gory ribbons. It seemed that the battle was turning in the favour of the lawmen, as more and more of the Gracetown crew either disappeared or meet a their grizzly demise.

Vix likewise has close encounter with one of bandit in hurry to clear the area. It was unclear whether he is charging or simply can't see her as he retreats into the night, but with him baring down on her Vix takes no chances. She fire her pistol at him, causing him to stagger for a couple of steps. However to her dismay, the raider doesn't seem to notice that he has in fact been shot and continues towards her as she steps out of the way.

Last edited by Hack; 08-03-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-03-2016, 02:08 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,505
She couldn't tell if he was heading for her or just running away. To be honest she didn't really care. He was possibly in the way of her objective. So she kept moving, ready to shoot him again should he follow.

OOCMove to Y36. Shoot at GR8 if he follows or attacks her.
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-05-2016, 02:48 AM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-11-2019
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,169
The agile assassin sees her target keel over in the dark. She runs over to his unconscious body and begins checking him for anything useful on him. The battle seems to be drawing to a close, but the witch is still an unknown variable. If she wanted to make sure the captain was *really* safe, stray bullets not included, then she would have to haul her butt out to the pyre.

Before things get really hot.

OOC
Use Run for a total of 49 ft of movement
Go 5 feet to AC28
Check and take GR9's gear (Pistols, knives, flashlight...)
Use remaining Run movement to go to W28
__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta

Last edited by grenadierman; 08-05-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
At first, Gail feels no pain from the bullet wound to her shoulder, it is only after returning fire, that the initial shock wears off and the pain comes rushing in along with the dizziness of the blood loss.

Thankfully, the adrenalin rushing thru her veins keeps her in the fight. She sees the officer Harold wrestling on the ground with the antler wearing raider and decides to help out.

She walks to where the two men are wrestling on the ground and fires her pistol point blank at the enemy.


OOC:Walks to Q34

Shoots GRL at point blank
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, WoodlandsOne by one the Gracetown raiders' numbers are thinned, either falling to the surrounding officers' overwhelming gunfire or fleeing into dark concealment of the treeline. Soon only two remain in the shooting galley that is the open clearing, both boldly standing their ground and blasting away with reckless abandon at the encroaching lawmen. However their situation is hopeless and in the space of a few seconds they are littered with bullet holes. So quick and violent is the action, that one of the bandits dies kneeling, his corpse remaining eerily upright. One of the frontier sheriffs blasts the corpse twice more with his shotgun until it finally slumps down, perhaps to be sure or maybe just to be vindictive.

On the other side of the field all the bandits lay dead, torn apart by the officer's heavy machinegun. The pair of lawmen responsible had already begun encroaching into the clearing, checking among the grizzly remains and limp bodies for signs of life. The night become quieter and quieter, as the roaring sound of gunfire began to die out. The raider that had barrelled his way towards Vix, ignores her charging along his path into nowhere. He figure is quickly swallowed up by the shadows and soon even his wheezing from the wounds he has sustained become faint and inaudible.

The only Gracetown raider left fighting was their bizarre antler wearing leader, who was amidst a brutal struggle with Officer Harold. Despite the ferocity of their brawl, neither combatant seemed to be able to gain the upper hand. Rolling around in the mud, the raider only just manages to muscle himself on top of the old Browncoat veteran. With his free hand, Harold draws a short blade from his boot, however he is unable to raise his pinned arm to strike. Then, without warning, the crack of the battle's final gunshot rings out and the bandit's body goes limp. Gail may have collected some rather serious wounds, but even in her damaged state it is hard to miss at point blank.

Harold unceremoniously tosses the raider's heavy corpse off him, whilst futilely attempting to wipe the blood and mud from his weathered face. "Cheers," grumbles the gruff bastard to Gail, as he staggers back to his feet. To Gail's initial shock it appears that Harold has sustained some sort of horrific wound to his face. However, it quickly dawns on the young woman that somewhere in the scuffle the disfigured veteran has lost his eye patch, revealing the long empty eye socket behind it. With the rest of his face covered in grime and gore, Harold's visage had become rather frightening to behold.

"That all of 'em?" roars out Harold to his comrades as he surveys the devastating carnage that they managed to invoke in such a short amount of time. "All clear," replies Officer Ari from the left, as he pokes one of the dead raiders with his boot. "At least one high tailed it into the wilderness," confirms Officer Kim from the right. Amazingly, the lawmen had sustained no casualties in the bloodbath. All seven of the them had already begun to cautiously encroach upon the pyre, their weapons raised at both the captain and mysterious girl in the blood stained white dress. Only Officer Kim faces away, his attention on the treeline, vigilant for any raiders that may have slipped away only to rediscover their courage.

Sensing that the danger of bullets whizzing through the air has subsided for time being, Raven too jumped to his feet and followed cautiously behind the lawmen. As he gets closer to the pyre the smell of gasoline or some sort of other primitive accelerant floods his nostrils. It made sense, considering the wet weather it was probably the only way to get the fire burning.

"Hands up where I can see 'em!" bellows Harold to the duo atop the mound of kindling, as he stops about a dozen feet from its base. Charlie, whom was still cocooned in thick rope to the stake and completely immobile, gives only a bewildered look in response. "Ami," reiterates the captain turning his attentions back to the pale girl. "Ami, I'm going to get you help. But you need to listen to me. You need to stay calm..."

"He started with good intentions," whispers back the girl as she presses herself against Charlie, casually sliding her petite hand into his pocket. "But he is not the man he was five years ago. He lied to you. He played you." Her aloof wandering gaze makes difficult to determine whether she is refering to Charlie in the third person to rest of the onlookers or talking to the captain about someone else. "So eager to play the big damn hero, nostalgia blinded you to just how corrupted everything had become." The girl limps back from the captain to reveal that she has swiped his trademark silver engraved lighter from him. "The running..." Casually she flicks it open, sparking a small flame from atop it. "The hiding..." The captain in his dismay mouthes the words "Oh, come on". "The fighting... It's all become so F*CKING TIRESOME!!" screams the girl, her disconnected and placid demeanour shifting into something unsettlingly volatile within the blink of an eye. One rash move and this seemingly insane girl and Charlie were going up in flames.
OOCWith all the Gracetown Raiders having been killed or fled, combat is over for now.
Marilou found a "Rifle" (old lever action thing), a "Combat Knife" and 29 rounds of "Rifle Ammunition" on the bandit she searched.

Last edited by Hack; 12-01-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 2954
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,505
Vix hadn't stopped to watch the bandit disappear into the night, she had a job to do, a captain to save. She continued on her round about path, eventually breaking cover and making a mad dash for the pyre and Charlie. The quiet rushed in like a flood, she ignored it, briefly. It meant a few things, the fight was over and someone had found her squawk box and turned it off or blasted it. For the battery had been fully charged and had a good 10+ hours of play at max volume. Wait, it might have started one of those ghost tracks that had a large chunk of silence at the start to make you think the album was over before easing into a song, hopefully, Captain Robert, she liked that song.

She holstered her pistol and pulled her knife, expertly twirling it into the open position and started up the pyre to attack the ropes. She continued to cut at the ropes as the lawmen confronted the 'witch'. As Ami, yeah she looked like an Ami, though she was the only Ami Vix had ever met so she hardly could make that distinction and under such poor circumstances that... Wait, Charlies lighter?? Awww... Nuts.

"I'm sorry, it's rather inconvenient right now, could we have the BBQ later? I mean he's not even dressed properly."
Vix responded softly indicating charlie. "Perhaps you should go have a nap first?" she suggested greatly concerned at this turn of events.

OOCI start at Y36 as per my last post, move to V34 then run to Q23, drawing her knife as she runs and attacking the ropes when she gets there.
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 12-03-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Finrod Ancalímon's Avatar
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-06-2020
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Posts: 2,089
With the gunfight over, Gail’s adrenalin level started to drop and the pain of her wounds came rushing in like a freight train.

Clenching her jaw, she motored trough the pain and walked to the pyre with Officer Harold. The agitation of the girl with the lighter does nothing to reassure Gail about the outcome of this whole situation. And Vix’s joking about BBQ might not be the wisest course of action right about now.

Hey! Don’t be a foolsah gwa! Your men are dead or scattered. It’s over, but you don’t need to be a sore loser about it.

Now I don’t know what Charlie did to piss you off, and I’m sure your grievance with him is genuine. But there ain’t no gorram way I’m going to let you BBQ my captain.

There’s been enough blood spilled for one day, mine included. Don’t force me to put you down.
__________________
Originally Posted by orcbane

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Hack's Avatar
Hack Hack is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-12-2020
RPXP: 1903
Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack
Posts: 1,108
Gracetown, Woodlands"Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," whispers the pale girl in a guttural growl, completely inconstant with her previous fast tone. She snaps her head to face Gail, her rest of her frail body moving almost unnaturally slow in the pivot like some sort of deranged ballerina. "And this apple is rotten to the core," spits the madwoman through gritted teeth, her words cutting though Gail like a knife. How could this clearly unhinged lunatic in the middle of nowhere possibly know of Charlie's connection to his bastard daughter, when even he did not know himself? Perhaps Gail had misheard. After all she had lost a fair amount of blood and everything was becoming just a little bit woozy.

Slinking into the spotlight from the shadows to take her place beside Gail is Marilou. The assassin's rifle remains trained on the girl atop the pyre and her finger is still poised on the trigger, ready for the kill. "Just give me the word," she states in cold confidence to the First Mate. However when the accused witch notices Marilou encroaching on the pyre, the young thing's unstable disposition takes yet another twist. At first there is nothing but a dreadful high pitch shriek, which quickly takes the form of more incoherent gibberish as she struggles to compose herself. "Hand in hand with hands of blue," she frantic mutters as he points her slender fingers accusingly at Marilou, her hands drenched in the blood that the assassin had spilled. "Hearts of black..." This girl had gone from aloof to distressed to threatening to panicked all within the space of a couple of minutes.

As the jittery girl continues to babble, things then take a sudden turn to the surreal. Gail watches beside her helplessly, as Marilou's eyes slowly roll back in her head. The rifle that she was carrying slips from her grasp and drops to the ground, followed quickly by Marilou herself. She falls as if she were a puppet that had just had all of its strings cut, going limp and collapsing under her own weight. It's a disturbing sight to behold as Marilou lays there motionless, as if someone had flicked an off switch on the woman. Crimson blood begins to trickle, first from her nose, then ears. She wasn't breathing.

Meanwhile, Raven had climbed the pyre to assist Vix in freeing the captain whilst all eye were on the accused witch. The ropes were made of thick straw that required Vix to vigorously saw at with her blade. It's job made all the more difficult by Charlie's frantic squirming, as the man is clearly distraught. The captain lets out long "Noooooooo!" upon witnessing Marilou collapse.

Raven offers to help with the rope, but Vix declines as it is an awkward task that requires only one person. She almost through the mess of bindings when something catches her attention. A light. Or more accurately a dot of light. A little green dot of light that danced around on the stake in front of her. She instantly becomes fixated on the tiny dot as it jumps from the wooden post to Raven standing beside her. It as if Vix is viewing the world in slow motion as the shaky little dot climbs his chest. "What is it..." askes Raven haplessly as he watches the expression on Vix's face as she comes to a horrifying realisation. The sinister green dot rests on Raven's neck, a laser sight that foreshadowed the bullet that would pass though it a split second later.

There's no loud bang or bright flash. Just a muffled pop, that's drowned out by the squarkbox's music, the pale girl's ranting and the shouting of the officers. It is as if the shot came from nowhere. At first Raven doesn't react, as if hasn't comprehended what has happened to him. He slowly raises his shaky hands in bewilderment to apply pressure to the clearly fatal wound, however before he can there are two more muted pops and the crew's mechanic falls back off the pyre. In the frenzy of events, Vix can't even tell if anyone else just noticed what happened.

It seemed that the storm was far from over. The crew of Charon’s Ferry had just merely passed through the eye of it…

Last edited by Hack; 12-06-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB