Game Thread Part I: To Domkol - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 04-17-2018, 11:53 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2020
RPXP: 1557
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,807

Creepy

 

 


"I want one of them alive!"

Lily suddenly moves to her right so that she has a clear view of the enemies in front of her. Muttering a word a large ice shard forms in her hand. Taking aim she throws it at the human in front of her. As the piece of ice hits the enemy it explodes on impact sending sprays of ice in every direction.

Dice To hit:
1d20+5 (14)+5 Total = 19


Dice Damage:
1d10 4


Dice If fail Dex Save:
2d6 4, 1 Total = 5

Last edited by voodoozombie; 04-17-2018 at 11:59 PM.
  #107  
Old 04-18-2018, 07:04 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 1474
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 689
Araceli Naeva HazesunAfter a long day of travel Araceli is very thankful for a nice evening's rest. With a big smile she thankfully takes some of the offered porridge. Ever since Lily has mentioned Khul Boldohr the mage is talking about the old market and what hidden secrets it may hold to anybody who would listen.

The sudden sound of voices outside catches the young woman completly off guard. Her eyes go wide as she realizes what they are saying and turns to the rest of her companions, not knowing what to do. That's when she hears the soft voice of the half- elf right next to her, asking for a plan while he covers his eyes. "I... I don't... I don't know", she starts stammering, her eyes franticallly darting across the room and her allys. This must be a bad dream, she has never been in a real fight before, she has never even really harmed a creature. "I...I... I don't know what to do", she whispers more to herself than to Huern and she trys to look at Amy. Amy is a knight, surely she knows what to do.

Suddenly the front wall is ripped open by a giant tree trunk. Araceli screams out in panic and tumbles for a bit. Crossbow bolts start flying through the air and the paladin next to her all of the sudden is hit by a colum of fire. This is a nightmare! They have to get out of here somehow, maybe she can buy them a bit of time. Her shaking hands start
Dice Sleep:
5d8 7, 4, 1, 7, 2 Total = 21
tracing an arcane pattern before she points toward her attackers. "Please work", she mutters repeatedly as barley visible silver dust rains down on the intrudors.

After finishing her incantation the young mage take a couple of steps back into the room, hiding between Lily and Tahira.


 


  #108  
Old 04-20-2018, 12:34 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 1743
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,258
left-aligned image
Berry dropped to the ground, automatically crouching to remain hidden. Hearing the commotion to his right, he knew the attacking group was around the southeast corner of the building. Berry slipped his bow off, knocking an arrow, and crept Full Movement toward the SE cornerquietly toward the corner, the sounds becoming clearer as he approached.


 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #109  
Old 04-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 636
Amy knew the proper course of action. She knew what command to give. But the word stuck in her throat. She pictured the friendly couple, who'd welcomed her into their home. Now they were dead. All because of some worthless, stubborn criminals, who refused to realise the futility of their actions. What good did this pursuit do for anyone?! Even if this 'guild' succeeded in killing the whole group, they'd gain nothing! And yet they risked their own ruin regardless. Amy desperately wanted to charge at them, screaming with rage. But she didn't. One look at the hunting party's bruiser settled that. The distasteful word finally managed to claw its way out of her mouth.

"Retreat!"

The enemy had an ogre. Fighting that beast in melee combat was suicide. They could only beat it at a distance, or with the help of favourable terrain. So yet again, she had to run. Eventually the chance to strike would come. At least, that was what Amy told herself. Araceli's spell had put two of the pursuers to sleep. This was the best opportunity for escape. Sticking close to Tahira, the Knight ran for cover.

 


 

Last edited by Kaiya; 04-22-2018 at 06:00 PM.
  #110  
Old 04-27-2018, 10:58 PM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-07-2020
RPXP: 11057
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 7,965
The Farmhouse The wall was destroyed before their very eyes by the rampaging ogre, Veekug and the group leaped into action. Lily shot a shard of ice at one of the humans. It impacted his chest and sent shards of ice spraying in all directions, killing the crossbowman and injuring the ogre and the other crossbow wielding human. Araceli sprinkled silver dust into air and prayed for a successful spell. Both living humans fell into a deep slumber leaving the ogre alone and confused. Berry scrambled out a window and began to creep around the house hoping to flank the enemies. Amy led Tahira out the window to escape the fury of the ogre.

Seeing his mates fall sent the ogre into a reckless rage. It grabbed the dead human beside him and launched him into the house at Huern, the impact Huern make a STR DC10 or fall prone.threatening to send the druid careening to the ground.


 


 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

On vacation 7/4-7/12.
  #111  
Old 05-03-2018, 11:25 AM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2020
RPXP: 1557
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,807

Creepy

 

 


Looking at the ogre with an expressionless face, even when it tossed one of her guess in her direction, Lily calmly waves a hand in the monsters direction. The sound of deep bells suddenly starts ringing around the ogre's head, signaling that it's death is almost here.

Last edited by voodoozombie; 05-03-2018 at 11:30 AM.
  #112  
Old 05-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 1743
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,258
left-aligned image
Berry moved like a shadow along the wall, until he reached the corner of the building. Peeking around, he saw the downed men, and the enraged ogre. He stepped out from behind the cover of the building, drawing back an arrow to his ear and taking careful aim. Releasing the arrow to send it on its way, he ducked back around the corner out of sight.

 

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; 05-03-2018 at 01:39 PM.
  #113  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 636
Amy clambered out the window along with Tahira. When she glanced backwards, though, a curse escaped her lips. That necromantic lunatic hadn't moved an inch! Amy tried desperately to get Lily's attention.

"Get out of its reach! That thing can stomp you into mulch!"

Victory here required hit and run tactics. If the group pelted the ogre from a safe distance, they could fell it. But anyone who stood their ground against that monstrosity would (as far as she could tell) almost certainly perish. While she waited for Lily, she took the opportunity to heal her wounds.

 


 
  #114  
Old 05-04-2018, 07:03 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 1474
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 689
Araceli Naeva Hazesun Araceli starred at the giant ogre, her body almost frozen in fear. Tears welled up in her eyes and she closed them, wishing that once she opend them again all of this would just disappear. At home she has always been able to close a book and put it back on the shelf if she got too scared but this is not her home and when she opens her eyes she would see this monstrosity again.

Hearing Amy's words the young mage carefully opens her eyes and looks around for her. She thought the paladin would be waiting behind her for all of them to go but the voice of the warrior was coming from outside. Suddenly she started to panic, would they leave without her? She had to run, catch up to Amy and Tahira without the monster catching her. At least her sleep spell had worked so she didn't have to worry about the two humans.

Bluish- white light starts to gather in her hand before
Dice Attack Ray of frost:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
Dice Damage Ray of frost:
1d8 8
she throws it towards the ogre and started to run as fast as she could
Dice Acrobatic Check:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
toward the window.
In her panic she stumbled and barely managed to catch herself as she desperately tried to get through the window.



 

Last edited by cookieyummy; 05-04-2018 at 07:12 PM.
  #115  
Old 05-07-2018, 07:58 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-07-2020
RPXP: 11057
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 7,965
Farmhouse The enraged ogre was the target of Lily, Berry, and Araceli who all attacked the creature in their own way. Berry poked out from the side of the house to launch an arrow into the ogre's shoulder while Araceli send a blast of frigid air into the beast. Lily created the sound of a bell to foretell the monster's demise but it was able to shake off the effects of her magic. Huern used his healing magic to regain his strength and backed further into the house away from the ogre.

Amy also healed herself as she protected Tahira around the side of the house. Seeing Araceli try unsuccessfully try to climb out the window, Tahira plead with Amy to help. "We must help them! They are trapped in that house and the beast will bring it down on them!"

Her words were prophetic as the ogre swung its club at the structures supports again, sending wood splintering in all directions. The ceiling beams groaned under the stress caused by the attack but wouldn't take much more. Those within the house were in serious danger of being buried alive.

Tahira raced over to the window to provide assistance to those trying to escape.

 


 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

On vacation 7/4-7/12.
  #116  
Old 05-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 1743
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,258
left-aligned image
Berry's eyes widened as the ogre attacked the house itself, its brutal blows shaking the very foundation of the structure. Trying to give those inside more time to get out, he took another shot from around the corner, yelling, "Hey Ugly! Why not attack something that can defend itself?"

Glancing around, he wondered what he'd do if the monster actually listened to him.

 

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #117  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 1474
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 689
Araceli Naeva Hazesun
At this point tears are running down Araceli's face. "I don't want to die", the mage whisperes repeatedly as she dares to look up at the monstrosity that is about to make the roof above her collapse. In a fit of desperation she reaches out a second time, her hand visibly shaking as she mutters the short incantation.
Dice Attack Ray of Frost:
1d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20
Dice Damage:
1d8 3
Another beam of white light shoots toward the monster in an attempt to maybe slow it down a bit.

The young woman takes another step back and turns toward the window she sees the more than welcoming sight of Tahira, who reaches out a hand towards her. A spark of hope glims in Araceli's eyes as
Dice Acrobatics Check:
2d20+2kh1 (4, 2 (keeping 4) )+2 Total = 6
she grabs the offered hand but the ogre behind her suddenly makes another horrific noise, making the mage wince loose her balance as she stumbles back into the room.


 

Last edited by cookieyummy; 05-16-2018 at 06:45 PM.
  #118  
Old 05-17-2018, 10:20 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2020
RPXP: 1557
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,807

Creepy

 

 


While the building starts crumbling around her, Lily dosn't move from her spot. She is too busy watching the orger tear everything down. All at once she says out loud "All right Mother! Lets go!"

She takes off running towards the window and the out streached hand.

Dice acrobatics check:
1d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19

Last edited by voodoozombie; 05-17-2018 at 10:24 PM.
  #119  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 636
Amy was relieved when Lily finally started moving. The Paladin joined her Priestess in offering a helping hand.

 


 
  #120  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:33 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-07-2020
RPXP: 11057
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 7,965
The farmhouse The ogre ignored the arrows and words of Berry and continued to press into the collapsing farmhouse. With another swing of its club, it collapsed the structure sending an overhead beam crashing into Huern, killing the druid. Araceli found herself trapped in the corner of the house as the ceiling fell with beams pinning her in against the stone foundation. Lily had been able to escape just in time with the help of Amy and Tahira.

 


 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

On vacation 7/4-7/12.

Last edited by tomplum; 05-30-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB