twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 05:47 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65140
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
January POTM

It's a new year (2020), and a new chance to nominate the best of the best, the top posts of your games.

We can't do it without you, so get out there, and nominate the best prose of the month. It's easy, it's free, and even Squeak can do it.

(technically, he can't, because he's a judge, but if he could, he could do it.)
Old 01-15-2020, 10:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 247
Paul7926 Paul7926 Paul7926
Nomination
I'd like to nominate ChiefDisbelief for this post in a game I'm playing in. The party has been through a lot and not really had time to catch their breath between encounters and I think this post is not only well written but captures the exhaustion of the part member (he is now on 1hp) and their feelings at they are asked for more but cannot give it.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:29 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11072
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Player Nominated: wodine
Game: An Untimely Encounter
System: Shadowrun
DM: Silk

Link

Reason: Sometimes a post doesn't need anyone else mucking up the beauty of what is written. This is one of those times. The minimal context required is: Xoch is the "face" of the party; we are trying to eliminate the opposition through non-lethal means and Bill is the last one standing; Xoch did some street drugs and ran into the combat zone believing he was a dragon. This is what follows...

Old 01-17-2020, 08:36 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15232
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Player Nominated: DaysUntold
Game: Decent into Avernus - Demon Team
DM: DaysUntold

Link

Reason: Pitch-perfect and incisive, Days' DM post takes us through the filthy streets of Baldur's Gate and delivers us to one of its inestimable taverns. This piece of work is an exquisite study in pacing, carrying the narrative forward in broad strokes while keeping player agency strong. The descriptive prose exhibits the highest levels of craftmanship: strong verbs, a smattering of modifiers, and sturdy sentence construction that carries the reader along.

In addition to feeding us a handful of clear of opportunities for interaction with the city ó even before we took liberties of our own! ó Days drops us into a busy tavern with countless more opportunities for interaction. This post has more hooks than a tackle box!

I regret that exposing some of the secret text might impact play in flight. You will have to trust me that Days has taken this to superlatives as well, dropping hints and offering game-world insights where appropriate. It's a little extra seasoning to propel roleplay forward, and it has worked.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:26 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14496
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Player Nominated: gavins38
Game: Dragon of IceSpire - Storm Team
DM: Retry

Link

Reason: Sometimes it not always what is said aloud that shows of the personality or quirks of a player. While gavins is still fairly new to the site they have done really well bringing out the latent personality of the gnome known as Otto, an entertainer with abysmal self-esteem, in an often humorous way.

Closed Thread