Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Department X
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Something Witty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
Painkillers and such. You know, for when people shoot her, stab her, torture her and whatnot.
And that would be the M4 assault rifle, not a machine gun. You know, it's for... shooting people? At range? But I see your point. Guess the Glock will just have to do.
I'd say go with basic prices for such items. Check amazon or walmart website if its something you can't get over the counter and there isn't a prescription for it check street values. Then watch as the DEA busts down your door...

Also an M4 is capable of semi auto, 3 round burst and one model is capable of full auto. The full auto is why I called it a machine gun. A machine gun can be both mounted or portable and don't always have weigh as much as the 50 cals carried by certain folks in the military.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29602
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
I think I figured out why I'm confused. All regular pathfinder rules apply. Every rule in the modern path is additional or a variant.

All characters get a feat at level 1 (though it is not spelled out in the little table for the heroic path) right?

Presuming also we get the +1 ability bonus for level 4?

I'm not taking an archetype, that's the solution for Feinman. Skills, Feats, and Talents. (oh, my!)
Old 03-17-2015, 10:28 AM
Something Witty

Tools
User Statistics
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Yes you get the ability bonus at level 4... and the feat at level one is a yes.

So this is what I should see when looking at character sheets:

1st Lvl
  • Feat
  • Archetype Selection
  • Difficulties (2) (optional) (along with corresponding Talent or Feat taken as well.)
  • Heroics (The Path you took)
  • Talent (1)
  • Traits (1)

2nd Lvl
  • Archetype Training (1)

3rd Lvl
  • Talent (1)

4th Lvl
  • Feat (1)
  • Ability Increase

As I pointed out to someone already Firearms are the norm they would be considered a pretty simple weapon by today's standards point and pull the trigger. For better proficiency there is a cross training option to take archetype training from other archetypes and the soldier has some weapon options.

Also some of the sheets look very organized which made it super easy for me to see what they had and check them, others.... Not so much.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
Apologies for the delay. This is my "busy season" at work. I'm BARELY behind on rpgx, but I'm definitely at max capacity. I plan to finish my character sheet today or tomorrow.

<insert "yeah yeah, that's what you said before" here>

Do you have an example of a "very organized" sheet?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!

I have a question. Feinman is a skill horse, and particularly knowledge skills. Apropos, yes? He's got more skill points/level than class skills, which feels a bit wasteful, but I found a trait (Academic, again, apropos) that says all K skills are automatically class skills. I presume that means that I can go beyond the original 6 class skills (as long as they are K's) and get the CS bonus for those. Yes?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Something Witty

Tools
User Statistics
Correct.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
I think my sheet is about as done as it needs to be. He's got a weapon (no armor to speak of, only his civilian clothes) and the things he uses for his ghost-myth-busting outings. Digital recorders, tablet computer, etc. Oh, I was going to add night vision goggles. Ghost hunters always use those.

I left a trail of rationalization in my journal. I think the sheet is ready for auditing, though, and good enough to play on!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Something Witty

Tools
User Statistics
You rolled too much for starting wealth Verb. I posted in the journal to explain this.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
Roger that.