DnD5e Against the Giants (Steading of the Hill Giant Chief) - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 6th, 2019, 03:41 PM
He/Him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26099
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Much appreciated.
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4414
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Updated the applicants list on post #1. If I missed someone feel free to let me know.

As for applications If they look like they are capturing the intent I am looking for I will mark them complete. Feel free to keep working on them if you yourself feel that there is still more to be written down.

We have a lot of interesting characters so far. I am excited to get this adventure going, I have been considering running this for over a year.
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7150
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I’ve updated with my uncommon item choices and subrace/subclass options.
Posting Rate: Sporadic at best. | Discord: Numen Wraith#9817
Characters: Drystan the Red|Anders Foundlingson|Jan Gauss|Breton Guan
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 10:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6673
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
WOW, no cleric on the list, I guess I better buy some healing potions
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 10:40 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7150
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Or just get your AC to 500 and HP to 18,456,553,000.
Posting Rate: Sporadic at best. | Discord: Numen Wraith#9817
Characters: Drystan the Red|Anders Foundlingson|Jan Gauss|Breton Guan
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33784
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Well, the Favored One Patron of a Sorcerer can learn Cleric Spells as well, so should my Sorcerer get chosen, I'd definitely chose some healing.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5445
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
I think Vael is done.

Quote:
Vael will have a small selection of healing spells, Goodberry and Healing Spirit. Both are slow to take effect but extremely efficient.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
Quote:
My Celestial Warlock has healing dice and healing spells if picked. Won't equal a cleric but better than nothing.

Of course, that is only if I am picked.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4249
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Yeah, plus my Paladin/Bard. I don't think there's really a lack of healing options represented.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM
A legend in my spare time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7022
GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror GallupsMirror
Healing Spirit, baby.

It takes 10 rounds and some You put your whole self in,
You put your whole self out,
You put your whole self in,
And you shake it all about.
hokey-pokey but everyone in the party gets 20d6 (70 points on average) of healing. Between healing with hit dice during rests, and spells like Healing Spirit, the 5E game designers intended every encounter to occur with the party at full hit points--removing the necessity of Clerics or the 15-minute adventuring day--although an optional limitation was introduced via Sage Advice after some of the gaming community incorrectly assumed that the spell was a mistake.

Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIniSchnauzer View Post
My Celestial Warlock has healing dice and healing spells if picked. Won't equal a cleric but better than nothing.

Of course, that is only if I am picked.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33784
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I believe my app is complete; unless your DMship requires something else?
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6673
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallupsMirror View Post
Healing Spirit, baby.

It takes 10 rounds and some You put your whole self in,
You put your whole self out,
You put your whole self in,
And you shake it all about.
hokey-pokey but everyone in the party gets 20d6 (70 points on average) of healing. Between healing with hit dice during rests, and spells like Healing Spirit, the 5E game designers intended every encounter to occur with the party at full hit points--removing the necessity of Clerics or the 15-minute adventuring day--although an optional limitation was introduced via Sage Advice after some of the gaming community incorrectly assumed that the spell was a mistake.

Just sayin'.
WOW! Nice!
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 03:19 PM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24559
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Snaebrak

Race: Goliath

Class: Tempest Cleric

Alignment: CG

Background: Noble (Chieftain)

Personality Trait: My favor, once lost, is lost forever.

Ideal: It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.

Bond: Nothing is more important than the other members of my clan.

Flaw: Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.

History: It was nearly forty years ago when a young Prince Foril was in the Stormhorns making a name for himself delving into the ancient goblin stronghold of Black Lake. Fate would bring the prince face to face with one of the rare and seldom seen goliath of the mountains. A goliath youngling had been spiritied away by the hobgoblin, Gurdang and taken to Black Lake where the wretch had designs on raising a bodyguard. Snaebrak had tracked his sister's theft to the fortress on the shores of the lake only to find a small band of humans encircled by goblins. With the crash of thunder and flicker of lightning, the goliath dove into the goblin ranks and aided the humans in routing their attackers. The humans welcomed Snaebrak into their party and continued the assault upon Black Lake. Now, Black Lake was no longer a bastion of goblin-kind as it had once been but the clan of goblins led by the hobgoblin Gurdang, his bugbear guards along with a pair of ogres was still a formidable obstacle for the group to overcome but overcome it they did.

When at last, with the ogres dead on the ground and only two bugbears between the new allies and the wicked Gurdang, the final battle began. As the battle wore on and Gurdang realized he could not win, he attempted one last act of defiance, sending a javelin hurtling toward his young goliath captive. The prince interceded and took the javelin to his gut to save the girl. With his newly freed sister in tow, Snaebrak carried the prince many miles back to his tribe where the tribe's skywatcher called upon the spirits of the mountains to heal the prince.

The prince returned to Suzail, his reputation grown by his assault upon Black Lake and Snaebrak rose in the ranks of his tribe's society as his connection to the mountains, the wind, the storm and the rain grew until at last one day, he was named chieftain of the Storm Striders.

Roleplay Sample: Trekking up Shrouded Peak was long and consumed many days' of difficult travel. The paths up the mountain were narrow and treacherous. Atop the precipice dwelt the spirit of air, Sylph and Snaebrak would have to restrain the force of wind and storm if he were to be named chieftain of the Storm Striders. He clutched the decorated cup within his hands, running his fingers along its lid. To think something so small as a chalice could contain the fury of Sylph. In his pocket was a sapphire, gained from the stone giants for destroying the ankheg nest. The giant insects had been boring holes through the giants' art work deep beneath the Stormhorns.

Reaching the summit of Shrouded Peak, Snaebrak began the ritual to summon Sylph. The goliath called upon the lightning of the heavens to strike upon the rock of the mountaintop and the wind to batter the barren stones and the rain to wash away all but the biggest boulders. In the midst of the fury of the storm summoned by Snaebrak, a consciousness appeared. Eyes of lightning and limbs of storm grew out of the tempest. Beginning the ritual chant, the would-be chieftain held the sapphire aloft as an enraged Sylph brought his full force to bear on the cleric of the storm. Fists of swirling fury slammed into Snaebrak but he held strong and maintained his chant. The gem began to crack as small fragments were swept up into the vortex of Sylph. The elemental enveloped the goliath, creating a whirlwind that threatened to fling him off the mountain. Spreading his feet and bracing his thighs, he continued his incantation until finally the sapphire shattered into millions of pieces that were sucked into the swirling maelstrom.

"I Snaebrak of the Storm Striders have climbed the Shrouded Peak, spoken the ritual words, offered sacrifice and claimed dominion over the storm." Holding the chalice aloft, Snaebrak continued. "You shall pour your fury, your power, your rage into this cup so that I may call upon your spirit in times of need to protect my people. I am now one with the storm. Bend yourself to my will!"

Lightning streaked across the sky and flared in the elemental's eyes as it extended its churning hand and placed a piece of its essence within the censer before dissipating in a final gust of wind.

The power of the tempest contained within the chalice, Snaebrak returned to the Storm Striders as leader and chieftain for the rest of his days.

Why were you chosen by the king?: Snaebrak is the Chieftain of the Storm Strider Clan who roam the Stormhorn Mountains west of Suzail. Under Snaebrak's leadership, the goliath of the range have engaged in ever more trading and interacting with the peoples living in the lowlands and assisting the kingdom in rooting out any remaining goblin and orc strongholds in the mountains. Their past friendship at Black Lake was never forgotten between either man and the king has called on his old ally to assist him again.

Epic Magic item: Censer of Controlling Air Elementals

Created long ago when the boundaries between the Prime and the Fae were more vague, it is a symbol of power for the Storm Strider Clan, and grants the chieftain the storm's call allowing his voice to boom loudly across the mountain peaks. When the power of the storm is unleashed from the censer, the ensuing thunder clap can be heard echoing along the Stormhorns.

Stronghold: The Storm Striders had never associated deities with the elemental spirits they worshiped but at the urging of King Foril, Snaebrak had his people construct their first permanent structure, a temple to Aerdrie Faenya whom the priests of Suzail named as a goddess of rain and storms, wind and air. There was concern among those who spent time among the Storm Striders that the evil deity Talos might try to enlist the goliath through his similar flavor and associations. Once the tale of Talos was told to Snaebrak, he decreed the temple construction to begin and chose a family of his own people to forgo their nomadic life to maintain the shrine and welcome the clan when their travels bring them back to the temple.

Last edited by tomplum; Jan 9th, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7561
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hrm, a cursory glance shows casters and melee types, but not much in the way of a scout/archer type.
Hey what about me? Expertise in Perception and Stealth, 2 attacks with a shortbow that can do sneak damage... it's not nothing.
Just because I'd rather run in and push people over.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Jan 7th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 834
VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller
I think this is everything. I've never had a character at this level before, so if I'm missing anything, please let me know lol.

Wilmorn
left-aligned image

Name: Wilmorn

Race:Half-Elf

Class: Rogue(Scout Archtype)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Spy

History: For every half-elf that is accepted by human society, there is a story of a half-elf that is cast aside and shunned. The latter is where Wilmorn’s story began, and that of his twin sister, Valeria. The siblings were born in Cormyr, in the town of Knightswood in the King’s Forest, to a human mother. He had no idea who his father was, save that he was an elf. His mother abandoned he and his sister when they were only 5 years old, and so they grew up raised by the street urchins. The siblings became quite adept at sneaking around and stealing what they needed to survive, until they reached their teenage years when they began to steal more.

The siblings caught on with the local thieves’ guild, and quickly rose up the ranks, their seemingly innate abilities making them lots of money. Because of Wil and his sister, the guild lived better than some nobles of Cormyr. One day, near the beginning of their twenty first year, they attempted to rob a royal caravan heading to the capital city of Suzail. The raid went poorly, and Wil’s group was overtaken by the King’s soliders, and brought to the capital to be put in prison. Valeria was gravely wounded during the attack. Healers were brought in, but there was nothing to be done. She died in his arms in their prison cell a week after being arrested. This sent Wil into a deep depression, and he found himself over the next few weeks longing for the death that he knew was coming.

One day, several weeks into his captivity, Wil was summoned from his cell. He wearily got up and followed the guard into the castle of all places, and into a bare room with two chairs on either side of a large table. A plate of food and a glass of water were sitting on the table, and Wil was given instructions to sit and partake if he so chose. He was going to resist, but the hunger in his belly overcame his stubbornness, and he ate. A few minutes later, a door on the other side of the room opened, and two guards walked in, followed by the King himself. Thus began a relationship that would change the course of Wil’s life forever.

Wil has spent the last ten years in the service of the King, as a spy. He quickly gained a reputation as one of the best at his craft. The King and Wil became very close over the years, with Wil seeing the King as almost the father he never knew. On the tenth anniversary of Wil’s entering the King’s service, he was presented with a cloak. This cloak, the King explained, would help to increase Wil’s already masterful stealthiness. It was called the Cloak of the Bat, he said.

Roleplay Sample: Wil was sitting in his cell, having lost track of how long he had been imprisoned weeks ago. He was exhausted, but every time he closed his eyes, Valeria was there, staring back at him. “It’s my fault she’s gone,” he thought to himself. “If she hadn’t come with me….” What else was she going to do though? She was just as deep in this life as he, they were a team. Were a team…

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his cell door opening. A guard told Wil to get up and follow him. At first Wil was not going to comply, just because he did not feeling being cooperative. The guard partially drew his sword and again told Wil to follow. Wil got up and started to follow, not because he was frightened of the guard, but he was genuinely curious who would want to see him. He followed the guard up into the castle, to a room adorned with a table and two chairs. On the table was a plate of food and a glass of water. Wil’s stomach began doing backflips, as it had been forever since he had had a decent meal. The guard instructed him to sit and eat, and Wil immediately sat and did just that, all thoughts of insubordination or depression leaving him in that instant. After a few minutes, the door on the other side of the room opened and two more guards walked in to take positions on either side. A minute or so after that, King Foril himself walked in. Wil stopped in mid bite, clearly surprised that the King was the one that summoned him.

“Greetings, half-elf. I suppose you’re wondering why you’re here?” The King casually took a seat on the opposite side of the table. “I hope you’re enjoying your meal. I have heard that the food in the dungeons is not a very hearty offering.” The King chuckled slightly, then looked seriously at Wil. “You came to us by way of Knightswood, if I remember correctly, did you not? Trying to rob one of my caravans, was it? I understand your sister was imprisoned with you and the other thieves we apprehended, and also that she did succumbed to wounds sustained during the act.” He continued staring unflinchingly at Wil. “You have my condolences for your loss, but there are consequences for robbing the crown.” He fixed Wil with a steel glance that conveyed no emotion at all. Wil, for his part, bristled at the mention of Valeria, and fought the instinct to lash out at the man, even knowing that it would most certainly bring the death he had been waiting for. The King let the silence between them deepen for a few moments, then leaned forward and asked softly, “Do you believe you are good at your job, half-elf? I mean, do you consider yourself a good thief?”

Wil was unsure where this line of questioning was leading, but he replied with a shrug, “Can’t be that good. I got caught.” The King leaned back in his chair and let out a guffaw that echoed through the small room. “Indeed lad, indeed. But aside from this, have you ever been arrested before? How long have you been living in the shadows of Knightswood?” Wil answered simply again, “As long as I can remember.” The King leaned in once again and whispered, "I may have need of a person with your skills. This arrangement would, of course, include your freedom, and many other rewards, should you do good work. Would you perhaps be interested?” Wil thought for a long moment. What was the King up to? He had to admit he was curious, but also he was extremely guarded. He put down his fork and pushed the plate to one side, and he also leaned in toward the King. “I’m listening, Your Majesty."

Why were you chosen by the king?: As a spy for the King of Cormyr for the last decade, Wil has become one of the King’s most trusted agents. Every task the King has sent Wil to complete, has been, from gathering information to…more intricate matters. Wil was a perfect choice for this , as the King knew he could count on Wil to act in the best interests of the Crown, and bring back any pertinent information about the group’s discoveries.

Epic Magic item: Cloak of the Bat

Stronghold: Wil has been given a house in the capital city of Suzail, as a gift for his accomplishments for the Crown. It is a modest abode, with only what Wil needs to make himself comfortable, and of course, ply his trade.

Prior relationships: Prior relationships with other characters can be worked out eventually.

Uncommon magic items: ring of water walking, efficient quiver, bag of holding
Rare magic item: Cloak of the Bat

Last edited by VaultDweller; Jan 15th, 2019 at 05:47 PM.