RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4521
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Yes. but... what kind of hunting? Did she learn to shoot a cross bow or a long bow? Did she learn to set traps?

She's about to arrive in Dogriver. She needs a reason to stick around for at least a week before moving on. I mean, it is a sandbox world and leaving Dogriver is acceptable, but I've put a lot of work into building this town and its many people.

It can be anything, a short term goal to earn enough money at the adventuring guild to keep travelling. Maybe she and Ishtar were forced to retreat from a large predator, leaving behind their camp site. When she went back, the campsite was trashed and a special item to her was gone and you want it back. I can keep going, but this is your character.

But still, she needs a reason to hang around and possibly join the group. As is, she's just a passer by with no reason to get involved or join in all the reindeer games.
I left her the time of reasonably staying in villages and cities for a month at least. She is a bow hunter, I have updated my app since you have last seen it. If she needs a reason to join the adventuring guild in Dogriver...or anywhere really, she could have signed on for protection sake against Lord Andormalus, considering he is trying to enslave her for his collection...or possibly perform taxidermy.

I'm certain for the time being she would be checking in to the guild just to see if she can get some work during her temporary stay. But you are correct, she has no reason going into town to seek out this specific adventuring group and hook up with them in particular on an immediate, permanent basis. Like a normal encounter with diverse groups of strangers.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12385
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
I like both your answers, I'm just want you thinking about that sort of stuff. Thanks for answering my questions.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 01-04-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2380
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
I'm withdrawing. Lost my creative thread for Sssrra.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
I understand, good gaming!
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
3 Day warning till deadline. If you're still interested, you don't have much time to get something up.

Whether you're still working or if you've finished, let me know your status. If everyone interested is done we don't have to wait till Sunday.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Finnish'd
Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 PM
All the world's a Stage..

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5239
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Withdrawing Hound. Thanks for your consideration. Sorry withdrawing so late. I decided it was too much competition for one spot, and too much rapport with other applicants already established. My fault for not jumping on this earlier.

I have heard great things about you Hound. Hope to game with you one day. Cheers.

Last edited by WhiteStag; 01-10-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Best of luck Whitestag. Hope to game with you too!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2142
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Finished
Old 01-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2142
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I added two other sections to my application; History/Roleplay and some character concepts to review.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
I've been finished for a bit, and eagerly awaiting the verdict!

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)
Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
I must declare a winner and a new player for my game, but before I do I want to express my sincerest thanks to all those who showed interest and a hearty thumbs up to the three who completed their characters.

All three were well done making this a very tough choice for myself and all my players. As you may or may not know, I had my players vote by ordering the three players in their preferred acceptance order. Shockingly there was a tie, though Crocodile never voted. As he has missed the deadline, the tie-breaking vote fell to me.

I considered all possible scenarios, including taking all three players. This seemed a poor, possibly insulting, choice.

I examined each character and did my best to try and judge how each one would fit in the group. In the end, I must congratulate Kshnik for his submission of Basil.

Vaerdis and Alphaeus, if you are interested I would love to put Momiji and Nara to the side and should we lose another in... oh say... six months? I would love to call upon you to enter the game.

KshnikHere is the game folder

Post your application here.

You may begin work on your character sheet. You are level 5. You may purchase up to 3,000 gold worth of starting items at the standard gold pricing.

Once the game begins, all magical items have their cost reduced by 1/10th their usual cost, however gold is more scarce than in normal games. You might complete a mission and only earn 20 gold. But you might also obtain some rare ingredient or material that you can incorporate into your crafting, drastically reducing the cost and increasing the effect. This does make calculating wealth difficult as many custom items are created.

Once your character sheet is built, based on your character application, I will award some "back story" feats which help flesh the character out. To see what I am talking about, look here. The feats are typically less about making you a god in combat, and more about making your character feel like a real person who's learned how to do more than one single thing in their life.

I will also award you a custom magical item or two to close the wealth gap.

Sound fair? PM me any questions.

While your character sheet is being worked on, you may role play immediately. Currently all the PC's and most of the important NPC's are celebrating at the Sapphire Tavern.

Last edited by Hound; 01-13-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 894
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Congrats, Kshnik!

These were all wonderful submissions, and it was super difficult trying to decide how to vote. While we may not play in this game, hopefully we do in another.:3
Old 01-13-2019, 06:39 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
I am game for possibly being on the back burner. Good luck Kshnik.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:09 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Yep, I'm doing for being kept in reserve. Best of wishes!

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)