OOC So we imagine that we play as kids who imagine that they play as heroes? - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Madness in Stefanovo // Madam Noshth's Mansion
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 30th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4165
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
It's so cold my dogs took one step outside this morning and darted right back inside. Im pretty sure I heard the Doberman laughing at me. -4 here at the moment with the windchill it says feels like -12. It's def. a "Nope I'm poopin on the floor inside" kinda day for the dogs !
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2461
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
@Days yeah, took me some time to figure it out My fault for skimming through the posts in the morning. No need to edit anything

@Retry hope you get well soon man! Might as well check yourself with the doctor, migraines can cover infections.

Also I got some snow here in Belgium as well, kinda ruined my trip to the Netherlands
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39006
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
"Rumi is on the East side. If we can get the window closest to the stairs broken she can try to sneak down while someone else distracts. Needs to look like an accident that the window was broken though so she can't do it herself. Think you or Starfire can shoot an arrow through to the other side?"
Hey @Days, just wanted to make sure I understand -
Does Abigail want Lucas or Starfire to break a window on the west side of the building to distract the figure or break the window that Rumi is trying to get in on the east side?

Because, like Felicity, Lucas is in chainmail and being sneaky is unlikely to happen - So I can be quite the loud distraction

@Zazo I'll be fine, its something I have to live with sadly. I appreciate the concern and suggestion though

Last edited by Retry; Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: forgot to close the quote
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18532
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
So here was the thought. If Rumi breaks the window she's going to be seen. She also only has 7 HP lol. Would be best for her to sneak around if possible.

If one of you break the window then he will see that you did it, especially if it looks like an accident, etc. Then you guys can distract and he won't be as likely to think of the window as the threat/entrance. Rumi can sneak through it after his attention is drawn away by your clanging away in your chainmail :P

If you are a distraction but then she breaks the window she's still likely to be noticed, plus I need 60 feet to get all the way into the basement in one turn.

I'm open to other options though. I'm not even sure if this plan makes sense, but getting them out unseen through the side seems like the quickest way in and out. Though not sure it will be that easy :P
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
The post I made was the best route I could think of that might provide enough of a distraction for Rumi to Hopefully the bolt actually breaks the window get in. Hopefully it pans out, sorry its not exactly what was asked for ^^;
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Haha it's perfect. Besides, I'm sure there are about 100 different ways to go about this. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. At least if I can get eyes down there though we will know what we are dealing with.
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4159
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Sorry for the short post, I am swamped this week, so I did a quick movement post just so I am not holding up the party, when things cool down I will make my posts more detailed.
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 09:15 AM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonk View Post
Sorry for the short post, I am swamped this week, so I did a quick movement post just so I am not holding up the party, when things cool down I will make my posts more detailed.
No worries Stonk, life happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Mix View Post
Felicity nods slightly at Lucas' question. She's ready, and willing to provide a distraction.
(Supposing, of course, that the man at the alter doesn't start the party before them.)
Contingency met! Lucas is going in hot! Time to go to church, team!

Last edited by Retry; Jan 31st, 2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 06:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
@Retry I love that gif Especially with the "We got him" edit

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIph0BJNrxo
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 07:41 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
Whoops, posted from my husband's account.

"Lol, nice

Zazo, is Torak doing okay? I know you said he had some RL stuff going on. Hope everything is alright."
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 12:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
Whoops, posted from my husband's account.

"Lol, nice

Zazo, is Torak doing okay? I know you said he had some RL stuff going on. Hope everything is alright."
I hope he is. He said Uni was starting for him, so maybe he had a deadline coming up. I'll try to get in touch with him to see if everything is okay.

On another note, tomorrow I finally arrive back to my main base of residence, so I'll be able to pick up the pace so we can wrap up this first dream chapter soon enough
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 05:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
So Rumi went downstairs? I gotta make the map for the second level - will post it in the next 12 hours
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 12:59 PM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
Im really glad Rumi rolled a high initiative. I was trying to think how Lucas would hold Pigman's attention despite being slower than him in the initative order xP

I also realized I narrated him leaving his halberd on the wall... this is gonna be awkward going to get it haha
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 03:43 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
Haha. I was pretty happy about that too. That's funny about your halberd. Can't wait to see how you play it off. Don't worry, I was so excited to see what was down there that I forgot to summon a puppet and send it down. Instead I just ran face first into God knows what. Better hope I didn't run right into a trap because I'll have no way of letting you guys know lol

@zazo so I don't see concrete mechanics on summoning and putting puppets back. Do you have to be right next to a puppet to get it back in the scroll or is it more like a Pokeball and I just throw the scroll if I'm within 30' and it comes back to me hahaha (mostly kidding on the throwing but still wondering about range.) Is putting them back in the scroll an action? Also, do puppets only summon right next to me?
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 08:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Days lets houserule that by using an action you can summon a puppet back into a scroll from a maximum of 30ft range.

Summoning a puppet though, will only summon it next to her.

Also, apologies, but I had a lot of work today, so I'll postpone the underground map for tomorrow.