RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5234
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

@kenneth - Don't worry too much; it'll still be several weeks at best. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, though!

@Tyrant - I'm gonna have to say no, if only cause there's nowhere to put the horse.

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Player of Oddballs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Tyrant Xerxes
Oh I wasn't planning on having a horse, he was going to ride his Eidolon when fighting, fully marine-themed. No worries though, I suppose I can come up with something else then if it's still a no-go.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Still Cuddly, Still Fuzzy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14067
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
By no means complete, but the basics are here on this table for those who care. Feel free to copy or edit this Malleus Malaprop.
PlayerCharacterRaceClassTropeMassiveStatus
SongDragonMorrie/GlamourGnomeBard**incomplete
Krazy     interest
FeirnonWilliam StormchildHumanCleric**incomplete
Creapers     interest
RoguePath209TakirHalf ElvenSorcerer, Aquatic**incomplete
asura8Klaus BorjaHumanWizard - Spellslinger**incomplete
AlugereSelene OrdanoHumanDual-Cursed Oracle of Time**incomplete
AosawNemat RalfernHumanRanger**incomplete
Andrew RyanThe Great MelinkoGnomeSorcerer**incomplete
kenneth      interest
Cedric Mar Bleeds-the-WatersHuman, UlfenBarbarian (Sea Reaver Archetype)**incomplete
Moridain MitchellHumanGunslinger**incomplete
BaileywulfTristan SteelespinnerHalf ElfRogue (Swashbuckler)**incomplete
RonarsCorruption* Oracle**incomplete
Gunslinger 19 DeidriHalflingMonk**incomplete
Nithia Cedric      interest
Kshnik     interest
JonderaJerel HalldenHalf-elfMonk (Drunken Master)**incomplete
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 388
Alugere Alugere Alugere Alugere
For those wondering about that extra stuff attached to Oracle in mine, that would be the 'Dual-Cursed' Archetype and the 'Time' Mystery.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
nebelun nebelun
How open are you to people newish to Pathfinder? My only experience with any system is 4e, but if we are looking at having this on hold till June 21, I could familiarize myself with all the quirks. Is there a specific number you're looking to recruit? Seeing as it's a whole ship, I wasn't sure if you'd limit it to a specific size, or if the players would make up the whole crew.

Either way, I'm expressing interest, and I'll start poking around coming up with a character concept. As for collaboration, is there anything expressly missing from the list above? Anything that might stand out as the most useful?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

@nebelun - and kind of everyone else - I'd neglected to mention a number of players more or less intentionally. The AP suggests four - I've seen people attempting as many as eight - I've also heard one utterly fascinating concept to play it blind with 30+ players. Seeing as how I'm a fundamentally inexperienced DM, I'm likely going to stay as close to the suggestion as possible...but hey, maybe thirty of you folks will knock my socks off and I'll have to eat my words!

Don't worry much over your inexperience, either - it's a nicely straightforward system, and almost entirely OGL. Also, if you'd like to see a PF game unfolding, I shall be endeavoring to model my own structure after Sons of Ancient Hibernia, run by mountainbound. (Which, in case he's reading this, I do hope will continue...despite the fact that I dropped off at the end there. )

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old 05-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
nebelun nebelun
@Malleus: Thanks for the quick response. I was poking around through the Pathfinder materials I do have trying to pick out some Archetypes that would fit in the setting. Before I actually focused on making one (even though I will probably make a character for all of them) I figured I'd see if one in particular stands out as useful in the campaign.

1. Sea Witch - Obvious ties to the sea. Access to spells that make sea life more manageable.

2. Alchemist - Due to a lack of supplies, I was leaning more towards a Chirurgeon or Vivisectionist. Since, I'm sure there would be plenty of other humans to study.

3. Storm Druid - Natural affinity for dealing with storms, and other open sea weather anomalies. No animal companion to worry about. Neutrally aligned, obviously

4. Summoner - with an aquatic form eidolon (Probably Sahuagin). Extra hands on deck never hurt..

I'm not sure which would have the best calling in the game you're trying to set up. All of them have a reason to be in a port town, and just as easily end up 'pressed into service'. And, for the most part, all could theoretically find their home on a ship comforting. The only one I'd be curious about overall would be the druid.. and it's overall leaning towards conforming to a 'pirate' role.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 388
Alugere Alugere Alugere Alugere
I've updated my app with the new format here.

I figure that Selene would help out simply because being press ganged is better than the typical kidnapping she has to suffer through.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 AM
FOR SCIENCE!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11720
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
I managed to get lost in TvTropes this afternoon. That doesn't happen to me very often any more.

It was productive, though my concept has been slightly reimagined. Core role remains the same, fluffy details have changed slightly.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:35 AM

Tools
User Statistics
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Stooopid TVTropes did the same thing to me last week, Jondera. I hate the inter-webs!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Aydan

Last edited by kenneth; 05-12-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28579
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
I had no idea Medesha wrote that. Crazy! I might have to buy the thing now just to support her.

Also, on a character front, I'm really thinking I'll switch my secondary idea (teifling brawler) with my primary one (oracle). Time to fix up my app to fit your app format.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
FOR SCIENCE!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11720
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Stooopid TVTropes did the same thing to me last week, Jondera. I hate the inter-webs!
On the contrary, I love TvTropes. It's just that I've spent so much time on it over the years, and have an editing account there (such as it is), so getting lost in a wiki walk doesn't happen much any more... I've seen most of what I'm interested in already.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics

@kenneth -

Last edited by Mal Radagast; 05-04-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Wombat Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8305
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Alright, I've revamped Nemat's application. My Trait Post is a little on the long side, but I hope it's clear from context that it's only long because of the amount of time it covers. My normal posts (the ones that don't span an entire day's events) are about as long as....let's say "from the moment the thugs bust into the room".

Link!

I'm also really interested to hear what you think about my "Thoughtful Ramble". The concept came to me only about an hour ago, and I think it will play pretty well, but it's ultimately up to you.