Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Nentir Vale
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 11:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1545
Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah
Actually you fought the five bandits (including the scout) just before lunch on Day 2. This is now Day 3. You had a long rest and everyone is at 100% before the party does anything. Travel rules as I understand them assume you can travel for up to 8 hours per day. I don't know that combat necessarily affects that. What I can tell you is that you can cover 18 hours in a day at a slow pace. The party needed to travel 70 miles from Fallcrest. On Day 1 the party traveled 30 miles at a fast pace. On Day 2 the party traveled 24 miles at a normal pace. Today, on Day 3, the party traveled the remaining 16 miles. Without getting down to seconds, my best estimate is the party has traveled 7 hours and 7 mins. That is why I estimated about 53 mins of daylight remaining. Not exactly sure how much time the recon took, but probably not that long. The party shouldn't be dealing with exhaustion unless they travel more than one more hour tonight. They are going to need a long rest before they can really begin traveling back to Fallcrest after retrieving the weapons and armor. It might even be possible depending on how the party does taking precautions during the night to take out several bandits, rest, then finish the rest tomorrow. Risky and less than ideal, but possible.

At this point the journey has taken about as long as the bandits figured their friends would be gone. Those friends are no in jail in Fallcrest or dead at the site of yesterday's ambush. The bandits are expecting their friends to arrive soon with another shipment of stolen goods. I suspect they are about to be disappointed. Right now they aren't expecting to be jumped. Whether the party takes action tonight or not, by tomorrow morning the bandits will be alert and on edge.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5962
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foibel View Post
another possible strategic option since none of these bandits know us and we could just be weary travelers wanting to go to the inn would be that we break up into pairs of two and go stay at the inn and in louder than necessary conversations talk about the overloaded fur merchant we passed on the way here and how foolish it was for him to be traveling without any guards...wait for them to take off at night to get him and rob them blind
That is a possibility. Better yet, mention just a couple of guards, so that they send more bandits out.

The downside is that if they do not go, we may find ourselves fighting a big chunk of bandits. I guess the big question is how many and how powerful is the group inside the Inn?
Old 04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah
That brings us back to maybe interrogate the long guard on the south side and ask them
Old 04-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
since they aren't going to attack us on site what say we just walk on up to the inn and start chatting him up while a certain someone casts their magic..shouldn't even trigger iniative
Old 04-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
They are standing outside looking for traveler's to rob... What makes you think they aren't going to attack you on sight?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
since they aren't going to attack us on site what say we just walk on up to the inn and start chatting him up while a certain someone casts their magic..shouldn't even trigger iniative
My concern with going to the Inn is that we cede the initiative to the bandits. Right now, we can act and they will have to react to what we do, when we present ourselves, they get to act. They may invite us in for the evening, only to attack us while we are split up into separate rooms. Happened to another group of characters, and it was not a pleasant experience.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm traveling for next few days and may have spotty internet feel free to auto me after 24-36hours if you need to
Old 04-22-2018, 08:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Unless someone objects, I am going to RP our going after the solo bandit to the South. Rolanti and Possibly Terva with Stealth, and Jivette and Fredrik as back-up.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm back in the country so If that's the plan I can get a post up today
Old 04-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I'm back in the country so If that's the plan I can get a post up today
If it works for you, please do.Remember strike to subdue and then we can interrogate him to find out what is waiting for us at the Inn.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:26 PM
I enjoyed THACO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5220
Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper
I'm back from vacation as well, and agree with the subdue and interrogate plan