Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 520
GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP
Background

This is where you post your backstory. I'd love to see a section with a stat-block for my easy reference.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:23 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Character Information Name: Jhin Xia-Shou
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer (6), Paladin (2), Fighter (1)
Intended role: Melee Damage Dealer, Buffing Caster
Ethos: “True Neutral”

Description
left-aligned image
Physical Description:At thirty, Jhin still maintains her youthful image. At times she resembles a highborn seeming to be some rich child walking with a careless stride full luxury. Other times she appears as an outcast explorer, rugged clothes and a charismatic presence. Almost no two photos of her look alike. Dressed for battle she brandishes her black armor. The plates are femininely sculpted allowing her curves to still be defined without revealing any skin. The Takeda seal is stamped roughly around her heart on her breastplate.

Behind her Mask: Her true self is simple, white tanned skin, thin black hair, and strikingly blue eyes. Jhin's frame is diligently kept small. Despite lacking the muscle and power of a true warrior, her training more then makes up for it. The only differential markings are the elaborate tattoos scattered throughout her upper body. The largest of which is a slim banzai tree rooted in her lower back. Its trunk is a rich brownish black and it climbs with her spine, sparsely sprouting out branches with bright orange leaves. Jhin's arms are both covered in ink. Her left side reveals a swirling red dragon wrapping around with it's long tail ending at her wrist. Her other arm is a twisted bouquet of flowers. Like the dragon, the red pedals contrast against her flawless skin.

The Fabled Tizo: Her sword is ancient. In Takeda culture all of the legendary blades have name, Tizo is no different. The weapon has been passed down from generation to generation with only one rule for it's wielders, they must be female. It's origins are rumored from a time before Nado was civilized. What gives it meaning is the story of Vanese Takeda defending herself against a corrupt general's coupe and his countless soldiers. The weight of the weapon is lessened, yet the thin blade still holds it's toughness. A simple black hilt wrapped in an ornate cloth allows the silver diamonds shaped symbols to shine through unhampered by complexity. This dark cloth gives the Tizo a small tail. Daily cleaning is required to keep its reflective radiance, and fortunately the Nado culture considers care of ones possessions incredibly important. Emperor Xin Takeda gifted it to Jhin in secret as a parting gift, after her sentencing. The Temple of Strife is home to seven blades. They sit waiting to be taken to war, and for now Tizo's resting place is empty awaiting it's return.

Background
History
right-aligned image
Nado: A relative small nation, sits on the edge of the known world. It was originally colonized by Humans, and maintains a light xenophobia to this day. A strong emphasis was placed on honor above all else. But Nado was a hostile island, creatures of great size and power roamed the vasts jungles. In its society warriors became the pride of their community. They would venture out and attempt to slay mighty beasts, often never to be heard from again. Culturally, they are generally free of crime. There justice system is harsh beyond comprehension. Maiming and/or death are typical punishments for even the pettiest crimes.

Underground arcane springs leak energy into their environment, similarly to broken down sewage systems of populated cities. This in part is why things grow so large on Nado. A sacred tree might produce saturated fruit, in turn giving the pesky squirrel four rows of jagged teeth and a taste for manflesh. For Jhin's people, the woman find themselves impregnated with a magical affinity. While, the men show no signs of change.

Upbringing
left-aligned image
Early Childhood: Jin was born the younger twin, to the union of Emperor Xhin Takeda and Riyan Osro. The emperor had chosen to forgo customs and marry and foreign diplomat. Riyan was beautiful, smart, and witty. But she was not long for this plane. She died soon after childbirth. Her death was considered by most as divine retribution for the king’s choice of brides, and little information was ever revealed to the public about it. From birth and the twenty years following, Eile and Jhin trained. They were taught to speak in a manner appropriate to their status. They had private weapons tutors, and spent hours learning about both Nado and the political landscape of the outside world. Jhin formed a particularly close bond with here weapons master, Luke Ossa. His stern training lead her on the path of the "True Warrior," as well as "watering the tree of honor."

The New Empress: Emperor Xhin found another worthy of the throne. Nathara, a second beautiful bride graced his life. With her he fathered four more children. The stepmother had a fierce love of her natural children. She resented Elie and Jin. They reminded her of everything wrong with the outside world, despite not really resembling the stereotypes at all. Her new younger brothers and sisters were always kept away from Elie, and Jin. Nathara knew Xhin loved the twins more. To him they reminded him of his first and only true love, Riyan. Despite this Xhin did love all his children. He was a busy yet loving father. Frequently, one of the twin and their many tutors, would accompany Nado’s diplomats across the galaxy. Even with Nathara, the twins had a pleasant and privileged childhood.

Exile
right-aligned image
Tragedy Strikes: Bouts and displays of swordsmanship were common, and as the twins aged they transitioned to blades instead of training swords. During one of these martial randevús, a fetal blow was struck. Jhin doesn't remember much, the day was an unusual blur. Excuses could fumble out of her, but instead she accepted her error. A tragedy of her own hubris. The death of his oldest, and true heir shattered the King. The empress drew him in close in his time of mourning. With Nathara's guidance, he lashed out at his daughter exiled her from Nado. He was a changed man after losing both twins in such a short time.

Picking up the Pieces: For years Jhin traveled as a wondering ronin in constant search of alcohol, meaning, and flesh.

Last edited by Jat; 12-18-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:26 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
ltm30
http://ddb.ac/characters/7276271/OQbVrZ

Link to my character sheet
Old 12-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
ltm30
Melech and Jhin were childhood friends. She was a princess, he was the son of a servant in the castle. However, due to their proximity, on the grounds and in age, they became playmates.

Melech was always clever, quick with a joke, a story, a song, or just a smile. Oftentimes he found these disarmed more than his lackluster blade skills ever did.

As they got older more of Jhin's time was spent with matters of the castle or her education and training and Melech began to run with shadier crowds. At first, it was quick scams, then thefts and robberies, and then anything that would make him some money.

One night he was breaking into what he thought was a vault. Inside he only found a dead man slumped over on the floor. He was very shabby and dirty but he hadn't decomposed. In his hand was a finely made dagger. Melech thought it might make up a little for the lack of gold in the vault.

When he approached the body, it arose with impossible ease, like a forgotten marionette being lifted by an unseen hand. The man's milky eyes gave no evidence of remaining life, or thought, or soul.

Melech stabbed the man with what could be no less than killing blows. But the body continued forward with its unnatural fluidity and plunged the dagger into Melech's breast.

Heat rose from Melech's chest to neck and face. The pain was incredible, but the emotion that dominated him was fury and humiliation. "This is how I die?!" He felt a bit of the blade snap off and the man crumbled in front of him.

A voice echoed from inside, "This is not how you die." Melech's eyes fell on the heap of a man before him. "But that may be your fate." In a whisper, he heard, "recover me, reforge me, kill me"
Old 12-19-2018, 09:34 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
ltm30
So he feels a pull towards the means to collect fragments of a blade that was once weilded by a famous knight. Tragedy led the knight to become a death knight, but some spirit of his prior heroism and honor compels people to collect fragments of the blade and so he can eventually kill the hollow shelf his body and soul have become
Lol it's going to be at least after I shower
I think that might be the most fiction I've written since I finished my thesis lol
But melech doesn't necessarily know the death knight part. And I'm willing to change stuff if you guys would like to make alterations
Old 12-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
ltm30
Highlights of Melech's Stats
8/14/14/12/10/18
5 Hexblade Pact of the Blade / 4 Lore Bard
Sentinel, Polearm Master, and +2 to Charisma at ASI
Criminal Background
Arcana, Deception, History, Intimidation, Investigation, Performance, Persuasion, Stealth proficiencies
Languages: Common, Abyssal (Connect to Warlock Pact)
AC 16
HP 66
Initiative 4
+8 Speel Attack, 16 Spell DC
4Lvl1slots, 3lvl2slots, 2lvl3slots(Pact Magic)
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Friends, Light, Minor Illusion, Toll the Dead, Vicious Mockery
Level 1: Armor of Agathys, Disguise Self (at will), Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Hex, Shield, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Level 2: Heat Metal, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Misty Step, Suggestion
Level 3: Counterspell
Old 12-19-2018, 09:51 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
ltm30

Last edited by ltm30; 12-19-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:55 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 520
GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP
Tomorrow is Christmas, I have family in town until the 30th and I'm officiating a wedding in that time. I have most of the game start rolling, but I likely won't post it for a bit. Thanks for bearing with me.