Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Rift Divers
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30312
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
"When I marked you, you trapped my finger. That was the fair trade. At this point you've done two things to me: trapping my finger and marking me. So I owe you one. And it's going to be fire. Last chance..."

A pause, then, "And since when does a reference book punish people for trying to do research?"
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2201
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
"Don't damage the books."
Ka'Rim adjusts the dial to Non-Fiction.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Abi: "One deface to one deface. The finger trap was to cause the deface. Stop splitting things. And stop writing on me. You're a jerk."

Ka'Rim: The door *ding*s open, ready to accept elevatorites.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:55 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
The tiny cleric watches over Abi's shoulder as he argues with his book, giggling quietly at times at the replies. Her own book is closed by her side for now, ready to be opened again when they get to the non-fiction section.

She heads into the elevator, waiting for the others to follow.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Ka'Rim heads into the elevator, wondering where it will take her next...
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Abi, now completely irritated, follows the others into the elevator. Before they left the cafeteria, Abi wraps the annoying book tightly in one of his blankets. "You're staying in there until the mark is off my hand or I get impatient enough to burn you."
Old 09-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
You are whisked away, over the shelves and through the winding passages of the Library. Books upon books upon scrolls and minifilms swoosh about, until you finally come to rest at the end of a medium sized promontory. Bookcases are on three sides of you, with a railing ahead, keeping you safe from what looks to be a serious drop from here. The path goes left and right at the railing, as a T intersection.
Non-Fiction Section. Mind the gap.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
The tiny cleric looks around curious, peeks in her book for any curious words, then skips forward out of the elvator. "Hmm... What first? How about a map of the Library? A history perhaps?"

She starts looking around for a reference or guide as to where such a thing would be.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nor: You appear to be at section K. Left would be towards H, or History, while Right would be towards M, or map.

It's certainly a long drop. Moving up to the railing, you see a massive vortex of shelves, almost, like a whirlpool of mahogany and paper. It's all leading into a massive pit in the middle of the Library, several hundred feet down. Meanwhile, your little area seems to be standing on top of a large bookshelf, with you walking around on the spine. The librarians back home would be horrified at you gallumphing all over the shelves like this.

These shelves appear to be devoted to the Knuth family of subjects. You don't know what that means, but it's probably important to someone.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I suggest we check the history section first. It may give us a basic idea of the past of this world."
Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Nor seems torn "But if we go to Maps first we should be able to see exactly where in the history section we should go for that stuff, and what traps and tricks we might come across on the way."

She decides to let democrasy have a try, and looks to the other two, curious on their preferences.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
"I think I'd go for history. I'll have a better chance of replacing my book with something more cooperative there."
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
She grins at him and nods "Fair enough. But I think you are stuck with that book until we leave, I think the rest of the books here are normal ones."

With no more ado, she starts to move toward the H section.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
OOCI'm back, I'm back! Please don't shoot me too much.

You head left, towards the H. There's an odd sort of ramp leading down here, in a spiral fashion, letting you take a look at the books on the shelves here. All sorts of oddities about Klaviers of the 9th Century and Kevin: The Most Boring Name?

You are mildly interrupted by the sight of a large, quadrupedal creature(like a tiger, but with a long, flat tail) bounding across the shelves above your head, where you just were before going down this spiral ramp. Judging from the color and consistency, it seems to be made entirely of paper. The wildlife around here sure are odd.

You can see the end of this silly spiral about 50 feet below you, or about 250 feet of walking, if you're one of those boring people that doesn't hop over the sides of the path to get places faster.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; 10-10-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Noridai looks at the creature curiously, then at her hand. It hadn't occured to her before, but being a cleric of fire in a place made primarily out of paper and wood might not be the best thing... She is either super strong, or super dead if they get into a fight with anything.

Still, so far nothing had tried to eat them, so best just keep going.

She shows her boring nature by continuing to walk down the spiral, in no real rush, and preferring not to shatter her legs without at least the reward of a chocolate bagel afterward.