Game Thread [Stormwake] Shipwrecked! - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Eberron: Legends of Stormreach
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 06-16-2015, 03:43 PM
chocoladevla's Avatar
chocoladevla chocoladevla is offline
breathsunflower450rainbow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 21643
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Posts: 25,890


Gradak walked towards Sunstone and tried to see what he was Knowledge Religion 10looking at, but it was an ordinary pedestal to him. "becoming ignorant when you drink wisdom, weird. It makes no sense, don't drink then" and his mind started wandering off "or only drink when you are stupid an have nothing to loose".
"drinking wisdom, must mean it is alchol-free" and he started laughing...
"Guys I am sorry, it is seriously making no sense, one can get ignorance for free without drinking"
trying to restrain any more lame jokes he covered his mouth till the giggles faded away...

When he calmed down a bit, he Perception 7looked around, but saw nothing special...

 
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,680
As he read the cryptic inscription, Henrick's mind began to
Dice Knowledge (Religion):
d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22
think back to the lessons of the Sovereign Host he had received as a child. As odd as it seemed, it must have some meaning. "Things like this aren't always literal, Gradak. It could be purposefully vague, like a riddle, or it may only have meaning to the family buried here. Let me think about it for a moment, I've had some schooling on such things."

While he thought, he took the time to
Dice Perception:
d20+8 (19)+8 Total = 27
look around the room and down the hallway.
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Jondera's Avatar
Jondera Jondera is offline
FOR SCIENCE!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-13-2020
RPXP: 11920
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
Posts: 13,921
__________________
Are you on Steam? Join our Steam group! (Currently under construction, but open for membership)
Like folk music? Interested in Swedish folk culture? I have videos on Youtube.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,680
"Okay, I recognize the inscription. Part of it anyway, it's from the liturgy of the Sovereign Host. That's why it seemed so cryptic, I don't think those lines go together. I don't know the first half, but the second is the beginning of another line: 'For when one drinks of the fountain of Wisdom, they will be quenched with the waters of Understanding'. I don't know why it would be broken up like-" Henrick suddenly cuts off in mid-sentence and holds his hand up to signal for quiet. After a moment peering down the hall, he turns to the others, his voice lower than before.

"There's someone down that hall. Sounds like only a couple of them, and they're moving something around. Most likely they aren't finished looting the tomb." Stopping to think, Henrick remembered a strategy his old squad would use during the war. Something cooked up by Gareth, the group's bard.

"Listen, if this does come to a fight, I'd rather do it on our own terms. We should all take up position in this room and try to lure them in here. I know most of you can use magic, can any of you make an illusion to fool them? Maybe the voice of man from up top calling them in?"
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.

Last edited by Exhibit A; 06-18-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-19-2015, 03:02 PM
chocoladevla's Avatar
chocoladevla chocoladevla is offline
breathsunflower450rainbow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 21643
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Posts: 25,890


Gradak knew Henrick was clever, and listening to his words of wisdom Gradak kept quiet while Henrick started thinking. He kinda guessed it was some kind of a riddle but he never was good at it.
After a short time Henrick started to explain, and it confused him even more, 'why mixing up different riddles?', he was still quiet when Henrick seemed to be hearing something, and Gradak tried to concentrate and listen as well, trying to guess what or who was approaching all of them
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
(19)

"I can cast some lights somewhere, or make some noises with my kiddie-spells, is that what you are thinking about?" he replied to Henrick.


 
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 AM
Vex's Avatar
Vex Vex is offline
Mindshifter
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-05-2018
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
Posts: 1,664
The Warforged shrugs at Henrick's suggestion. "This one is Bound with magic Serveing for destruction and self-preservation only. It is ill-suited For subterfuge," it speaks pleasantly, but still radiating a certain anger - though Sunstone gives no indication whether this is at the idea of setting an ambush or letting the graverobbers continue their defilement for now.

It obviously decides to submit to the veteran soldier's tactical expertise and does not rush off ahead into the darkness. Instead, the Light spell at its hand winks out.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 12547
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 6,776
Emmet nods and says, "Okay let them come to us and then attack. Or should we talk first and then attack? I mean what if they aren't hostile should we be just attacking people because they are coming our way? They could just be cave explorers, then again they could be spider cultists who worship spidery things . . . how could we know the difference?"

His hand was on his mace and his holy symbol though, so despite his debate on the merits of simply attacking people he was likely to go along with the group. If for nothing other than simple social cohesion.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,680
Henrick bristled at Emmet's comment and very nearly lashed out at the cleric before getting a grip on himself. It's just a misunderstanding. Remember, these people don't know you that well, you can't blame them for drawing the wrong conclusion. Still, even the suggestion of such behavior bothered Henrick. It wasn't the first time someone had insinuated, or even outright stated, that he was a bit too fond of violence. It came with the territory of being a soldier, he supposed. "I would never attack unprovoked, Emmet. I'm just saying we should be prepared for combat if it comes. If Sunstone is right, and these are graverobbers, chances are they'll attack us on sight."
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 12547
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 6,776
Emmet nods slowly, "Right, be ready for combat, but don't initiate combat unless they attack us first. That seems like a good rule to follow Henrick. Thanks!" He smiles happily as if Henrick has provided an elegant solution that just hadn't quite occurred to the slightly off kilter cleric.

 

Last edited by Ysolde; 06-29-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,680
With Emmet's misunderstanding resolved, Henrick replied to Gradak, shaking his head. "I was thinking of something more like an illusion. But no matter, there's no real reason we can't do this the simple way. Everyone be ready, they could easily come out fighting."

Holding his musket at the ready, Henrick moved to the opposite side of the room from the hallway. Once he saw that everyone was prepared, he shouted out, "Whoever's down there, come on out. We'd like to talk."
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Jondera's Avatar
Jondera Jondera is offline
FOR SCIENCE!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-13-2020
RPXP: 11920
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
Posts: 13,921
There's silence for a minute or so, then a man, perhaps in his mid 30s, pokes his head around the curve in the hallway, looking into the room. Seeing the party, he starts in surprise, then ducks back around the curve, shouting "We've got company! Keep them out of the central chamber!"

 
__________________
Are you on Steam? Join our Steam group! (Currently under construction, but open for membership)
Like folk music? Interested in Swedish folk culture? I have videos on Youtube.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-13-2015, 05:42 AM
Vex's Avatar
Vex Vex is offline
Mindshifter
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-05-2018
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
Posts: 1,664
Sunstone turns its golden eyes towards Henrick while arcane symbols inscribed into the Warforged's left arm begin to glow and shift, casting their own shadows. "It would seem The central chamber Is the Priority target", it speaks calmly, only its combat-ready stance betraying the sentient construct's thoughts.

The arcane symbols on its arm have finished rearranging, and casting Shielda shimmering arcane force appears in front of the Warforged as it turns towards the hallway, preparing itself to charge down.

 

Last edited by Vex; 07-13-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,680
Henrick grimaced. This is not how he wanted this to happen. But, there was no sense worrying about what might have been. Keeping his musket at the ready, he moved toward the passage, stopping just before entering. Peering around the corner, he
Dice Perception:
d20+8 (2)+8 Total = 10
watched and listened for any clue to how many foes they were facing.

"It looks like we'll have to go single file through here. I'd recommend Emmet or Suntone go through first, since they have stronger defenses."

 
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-31-2015, 01:54 PM
chocoladevla's Avatar
chocoladevla chocoladevla is offline
breathsunflower450rainbow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2020
RPXP: 21643
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Posts: 25,890


Gradak cringed when he heard the man shout but was intrigued at the same time. "the main chambre is just where I was headed" he mumbled.
He almost mentioned it at the same time Sunstone was declaring it, and he nodded in agreement.
Henrick was getting in his stance of military experience and suggested Sunstone and Sunstone to go first and Gradak could only agree. He was never the strongest, and probably never was going to be, but he was fine by that.

"I will cover your back" he said with courage
Dice bluff:
1d20+13 (18)+13 Total = 31
(31), trying to convince them he could handle all of this just fine.
He closed his eyes and started to evoke the heat that was inside of him, he started to visualize a mountain, a vulcano, hot lava changing the skin of his hands into weapons. His hands started to heat up, and he could see his vains almost getting to the surface transporting magical dangerous heat.
"I am ready" he whispered very calm, "we can welcome them now"

 

Last edited by chocoladevla; 08-13-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB