Game Thread Chapter 1: The Awakening - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Curse of the Azure Bonds
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 5625
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,224

He watched the pile of waste appear on his journal, quickly picking it up and dumping it to the side on the floor, finding that it was just another of Wilcorin's illusions. He gave a low growl tot he Gnome for that, and added to his comment, "You know what they say about loose lips Wilcorin..." He plopped the book down angrily and continued taking notes. At the moment, he trusted this woman about as far as the length of his maul. She had her own motives, which he presumed from the beginning, but it never sat well with him when a stranger appears out of thin air with vital knowledge that they just so happened to need. It almost always ended in a fight, or a trap, or both. Still, they had no other leads. And if this mark was this dangerous it would be best to not show it to many people for gathering info. He would need to speak to someone at the Guild to ensure that the information they needed was kept inside those walls.

"So let's say that we let you join us on your quest for revenge and us having these marks removed. Where do we start? And what d'you plan to do once you've razed their guild to the ground?"


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Sendor's Avatar
Sendor Sendor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-07-2017
RPXP: 3419
Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor
Posts: 2,223
left-aligned image

Chuckling at Riv's displeasure, Wilcorin nods his head in agreement with Riv's comments. "Typically I would agree with you, my burly but intellectual friend. However, despite whatever feelings you have here for Miss Talia, I think it's fair to say even if we cannot trust her..." Wilcorin pauses at this moment and smiles in a friendly manner towards her before continuing "Not saying we cannot or don't, no offense of course. But her knowledge of some of this definitely implies she may be able to at least point us in the right direction. She was quick to hide it on our lovely yet stalwart companion Anatha, after all, which may have been for her protection."

When asked about his own mustache though, Wilcorin cannot help but assume a rather proud posture. "So glad you asked! The Stashtwizzle men have always sported mustaches of the finest caliber. You see, the secret is only trimming up to the lip but allowing the rest to grow. This keeps it nice and neat in the front yet gives you enough to add on the twists at the end. A special mixture of beeswax and cow's butter, with a special ingredient to give it that musky scent, is the styling secret."

Leaning forward, he admires her hair once again and says "Purple elderberries! Fascinating! I apologize for my comments about your hair, it might seem a tad improper, but allow me to explain. I was, well...still am I suppose..., a barber. I specialize in facial hair for men naturally, but I have some talent in styling hair for both men and women actually hence my interest."
__________________
UPDATE 04/17: I regretfully must leave RPGX due to new employment opportunities. I wish you all the best. :(

Last edited by Sendor; 12-04-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2016, 09:32 PM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 13924
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,612

Kyrié turns to look over her shoulder with a smile as Drea comes up behind her. She's probably not taking this whole thing very well, understandable that she might want to leave the room and yet be with a friendly face. For all her own eccentricies Kyrié could be quite pragmatic when she needed to be, and this case she was pragmatic enough to know there wasn't really anything she could add to whatever was going on inside. Riv and Anatha could handle themselves and odds were all but certain that once Willy got his lazy gnome butt up he would join them. "I think the others are missin' the real obvious question - how did we get here? Normally I would ask the rats, 'cause rats see everything, but that place is really clean," she says to the other woman, her voice trailing off as though she found that fact itself suspicious.

Approaching the two dogs in the pen the elf begins to whisper a short prayer to Mielikki, a Casting Speak with Animalssimple spell meant to convey upon her the tongue of beasts. Leaning forward with a smile she rests her hands on the pen and holds her hand out for the dogs to sniff. "Good morning! How are you guys this morning?" she asks, petting both dogs before pulling away and holding up the meat and bread she got from the inn. Wadding the meat into the bread she holds the two treats up enticingly. "I'll make you a deal... I'll give you both a treat, but first you have to do me a favor. Do you recognize me and my friend?" she asks the dogs, nodding her hear towards Drea. "Do you know how we got into the inn? Who brought us here?" she asks, trying to keep the questions simple.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 12-05-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2016, 01:46 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 3412
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,409


As Drea follows Kyrié out, she balls up the piece of meat she purchased as she listens to Kyrié speak. "Yup. And why here? Wherever here is?" she asks, then takes a bite of her meat ball. It tasted better than the broth at least.

Drea stands back as the Wood Elf casts her spell, then leans on the pen, offering her hands for the dogs to sniff. "Do you recognize me and my friend?"

Drea takes that to mean she should step closer, so they can see her. "Should I... Should I let them sniff Drea as well?" she asks, starting with excitement. And while her voice calmed, the biting of her lower lip and the dancing excitement in her eyes told a different story. She wanted very badly to pet the puppies.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 12-05-2016 at 01:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2016, 11:43 AM
ArionNaomi's Avatar
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-07-2019
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi
Posts: 1,767
right-aligned image

The arrival of Wilcorin
Anatha leaned closer to the 'stached gnome. "Her's are the same. The bandage is to keep her scratching at it. The marks seem to bother her greatly. Mine don't itch so, how are yours? Should I bind yours as well?"

Back with the present discussion
Anatha turned to look at Kyrie as she came over. She gave her a brief nod of acquiescence as she declared that she would go see about the dogs that woke them. "Let us know what you found!" Kyrie's words to the barkeep made her think. Who had put them in these rooms? Would they be responsible for the tab?

Drea climbed over the table to sit beside the purple haired stranger. She proceeded to introduce them all to the stranger before wandering off after Kyrie. "I am Anatha, and though she calls me Mamma, I am not Drea's mother."

Talia introduced herself and then quitely stated her dubiousness over the whole situation, releasing her hand in the process. "Assassins!" She hissed, her face a mask of righteous fury. "I would never ever... I am a law keeper, a defender of the weak. I will never associate myself with such a... a..." She struggled to find a good word for it. "Such a bad group of people..." she said at last... floundering.

Talia asked about Drea and Anatha set her face in a stern expression. "She's been through a lot, Miss Talia. I may recommend that you don't ask her why she is the way she is. It never ends well." The woman agreed to the drink and then grabbed her hand before she could put her gauntlet on. She touched the blue mark and sent a shiver up Anatha's arm, rattling her armor.

"I think that I should like very much to bring these fire knives to justice. In Tyr's name." She reached up with her free hand and withdrew her holy symbol, looking intently at Talia. "Still, Tilverton. We are a long way from where we were. And I don't know anything about Zhentarim, but I believe you are right about the latter. We are in way over our heads and as much information as we can get, we would be so thankful for."

Wilcorin asked about the drow. "I'm not sure if it was a dream... I think we might have been fighting drow and beholders... Way more than we should have survived by my accounting.... such as it is..."

Riv spoke too, calling the dream real while the small wizard played a smelly trick on him. Anatha shook her head slightly, like a mother, one part amused, one part reproachful of the display. But yet she said nothing.

Talia asuaged Wilcorin's curiosity about her hair and then asked about his mustache. Anatha rolled her eyes as her barber friend talked about his craft. Her hand was free and she pulled her gauntlet on to further cover the mark. She thought both Wilcorin and Riv had points, but she was the party face, not the party brains.

"Well, regardless whether Talia's plans for revenge are righeous, an assassin's guild cannot be allowed to exist. They flaunt the laws of the land and must be destroyed. Of course, we shouldn't trust her yet, but she could make a good ally, guys." Then she called over to the bar tender. "Cold meat and cheese and wine for me, and whatever the lass here want's to drink." She said pointing at Talia.
__________________
No Posts on Weekends
Having IRL issues. Posting may be delayed or lackluster.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Bella Lightfoot's Avatar
Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-03-2018
RPXP: 1263
Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot
Posts: 505
Seeing Riv move towards his weapon was rather disconcerting to Maera, but hearing Anatha’s calming words diffuse the situation made her relax. We’ve only just woken up, at least let me have one breakfast before a fight! With that thought, the Halfling snuck off to order some food. She mused over Anatha’s point of not knowing where we were – years of travelling with Corvo meant she often woke up not knowing which town she was in, and she genuinely hadn’t given it a second thought this morning. Hmm, perhaps I need to start watching out for myself a bit more… The smell of her food being passed over the bar distracted her and Maera went back to join the others at the table.

Tucking into more food than someone her size should be able to consume, Maera watched Kyrie come and go, followed by Drea. As the others continued their discussion, Maera was happy to listen and take the information in. Assassin’s guilds? Fire Knives? She had heard of the Zhentarim before, but what any of these factions would want with her and her friends was beyond her.

Tilverton… I’m sure I would’ve passed through this place before with Corvo, but it’s not springing to mind. All taverns start to look the same after a while.

Satiated, Maera pulled out her lute and started absent-mindedly strumming a soft tune. The atmosphere around the table had already calmed somewhat, especially with Wilcorin’s chatter on hair styling, but she hoped that a soothing melody would help even more.


OOC
 

__________________
With great power comes a great electricity bill
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Nade's Avatar
Nade Nade is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 3009
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Posts: 1,430
Talia leans forward. She folds her hands and props her head up on her chin. Eyes of witchwood hazel glimmer as she looks at Riv. Her voice, when she spoke, was coated almost in sickly sweet honey, "You misread me Riv. I'm not interested in travelling with you to save you from the marks, whatever they are. I just want to help.....destroy.....one."

She reaches out with her hand again to Anatha's arm. Her index finger lightly traces around the outline of the Fire Knives's sigil. Her eyes seem far away as she touches the mark, almost as if she was dreaming.....perhaps of a day long gone, or a day still to come.

There are a few seconds of silence as Talia lightly touches the sigil with her index finger. She closes her eyes, and if one were to look closely, perhaps they could even see the faint glimmer of tears form under. The tears never fall, yet she whispers quietly.

"Once the Fire Knives are no more, I will go to the place I belong. I will trouble you no more."

She smiles and nods her head to Wilcorin as the gnome prattles on about his lineage, and hair. The gnome was an exciteable sort, yet quite harmless and almost sweet in his own way. As the talk went to whether or not she could be trusted, Talia sighs softly and closes her eyes again, glancing down at the floor briefly as she murmurs, "I will not betray you. I swear. Not when it comes to the Fire Knives."

When Anatha talks about Drea, and how Drea was, she commented on how the girl had been through a lot. Once again, Talia's pretty face splits into a small smile, although one that seemed tinged with sadness as she replies, "I think I understand that, Miss Anatha. We all have......" Her voice breaks off suddenly as her eyes look faraway, almost as if remembering something.

......been through much.

As the paladin requests food and drink for them, Talia chuckles softly as she turns to the gnomish barman, "Red Rum Swirl, Thungor. Make mine a Red Rum Swirl." Looking back to Anatha, a soft, yet genuine smile crosses her face for the barest second as she looks to the paladin and gives her a small wink. Then, a second later, it was gone, and her usual unreadable expression returns.

The sound of commotion echoes in from outside, and Talia looks outside the front door to see a gathering crowd. Suddenly, her face lights up in pleasure and excitement as she glances back to the others. Her eyes gleam.

"Its the King. He's here to address us.....come to Tilverton." She rushes her words, almost babbles in excitement as she reaches out to hook Anatha's arm, caught up in her excitement of the moment, "Shall we go outside to see him?"

***

Outside, somewhat oblivious perhaps to the crowd gathering at the front of the Inn to catch a glimpse of the King, Azoun IV, Kyrie and Drea confront the excitable dogs barking at the side. They come up to Kyrie and they sniff her hand, wagging their tails excitedly. For a pair of dogs, they seemed very friendly and sociable. The two of the them glance over at Drea too, almost perhaps anticipating her to put her hand through so they could sniff her too.

They sat on the floor, looking up at the two of them, eyes gleaming happily.

As Kyrie asks her question, the dogs bark their response.

"Good. Master has fed us this morning. We are happy, and sleepy."

At the mention of a treat, the two dogs rose and started to run about, excited. After a few seconds of this, they came to a stop in front of Kyrie again, barking.

"Yes! Deal!"

To the second question, they bowed their heads forward, perhaps nodding.

"Yes. We recognise you. You were brought here with others two days ago."

The final two questions they answered as one, standing as they looked to Kyrie, barking their response.

"Red robed strangers carried you and your belongings inside. They entered with you, and left alone."

Wagging their tails, they stared at the elf, waiting for her to fulfil her side of the deal. Behind them the crowd had gathered now in earnest, their voices a babble of anticipation as they milled, waiting for what was about to unfold.....
__________________
Narrator: Into the Jaws of Oblivion - a diceless collaborative role-playing epic.

Recruiting for: What Lies Beneath - a Gothic Horror role-playing extravaganza

Last edited by Nade; 12-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2016, 04:07 AM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 13924
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,612

Kyrié nods her head once the dogs give their answers, answers that sound like exciting barking and yipping to anyone else. When Drea asks her own question the ranger turns to face her with a nod and smile. "Yes, they'd like to be petted, wouldn't you?" she confirms, turning her attention back to the dogs. As promised she tosses each of them one of the treats and scratches them between the ears as they eagerly dig in. "They say we were brought here two days ago by men in red robes. They left us inside and then left alone," she says to Drea, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Thank you, I have to go talk to my friends, but maybe I'll take you for a walk later, if you'll behave yourselves," she says to the dogs, a preemptively scolding, though playfully so, tone in her voice. Giving them another scratch on the head she waits until Drea has had her own turn before turning back towards the inn.

"We should let the others know, red robed people sounds like some kind of wizard thing, maybe Willy knows what that's about. Or that purple-haired woman. It also kind of bothers me that we've been out for two days at least, that's not any ordinary poison or magic that can do that," she says to the other woman as she strolls back inside the inn, joining the others at the table just as Talia mentions going back outside again. The ranger has a look on her face that clearly indicates that she has found something but is waiting for the others to fill her in first.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Bella Lightfoot's Avatar
Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-03-2018
RPXP: 1263
Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot Bella Lightfoot
Posts: 505
Maera watched the purple-haired girl with curiosity, wondering what these Fire Knives had done to her to make her so angry. She was about to enquire further when a smile came over the girl’s face as she listened to the noise that had started outside; Maera was pleasantly surprised to see that the girl could actually smile.

Out of the corner of her eye she could see Kyrie and Drea entering the tavern again, talking between themselves. I wonder if they managed to find anything out? Maera thought to herself.

With a bread roll the size of her head tucked under her arm, and a sizeable piece of cheese in her hand, Maera jumped down from the table to look out the window, wondering why the king would have come to this small town.
__________________
With great power comes a great electricity bill
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-2016, 12:41 PM
ArionNaomi's Avatar
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-07-2019
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi
Posts: 1,767
right-aligned image

Anatha watched Maera tuck into her.... feast... and gave a small smile. Perhaps the young bard knew something of Tilverton, where they found themselves in. But she never got a chance to ask as the halfling destroyed her breakfast and Talia took her hand once more. She once more touched where the symbol was, sending shivers down Anatha's back. Her touch tickled just a little and it made the paladin just a little uncomfortable. Talia was a stranger, albeit a very attractive stranger. Anatha had to think of a prayer and master her thoughts. Thoughts she shouldn't be having for any stranger.

Talia's muttered words acted like a bucket of ice water. What had she meant about where she belonged? For some reason the words troubled her and her suspicions arose. Glancing over at the woman who held her arm, Anatha had to battle back a need to hug the seemingly haunted young woman. And she lost the battle when Talia said that they all had been through much. With Talia on her left, pulling her right arm across her body, Anatha snaked her left arm around Talia's shoulders and gave her a small squeeze and then dropped her hand, not wanting to push her luck.

When the woman, who hadn't let go of her arm, ordered her drink, Anathat arched an eyebrow. She didn't tend to drink much in the way of hard liquor, so she wasn't entirely suure what a Red Rum Swirl was, but it sounded different. She couldn't be sure, but for just a moment, she could have sworn that Talia had winked at her. Dare she have a hope? No, best not to hope only to be turned down abruptly.

A sound from outside seemed to get Talia's attention and she stood to look out the window. Anatha didn't expect the sudden excitement and for the young woman to grab her arm as she did. And Anatha couldn't resist the blush that crossed her face as Talia clung to her and pulled her to the door. Anatha let herself be pulled from her chair toward the door. "Guess we're going to go look guys..." she called behind her.
__________________
No Posts on Weekends
Having IRL issues. Posting may be delayed or lackluster.

Last edited by ArionNaomi; 12-08-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Sendor's Avatar
Sendor Sendor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-07-2017
RPXP: 3419
Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor
Posts: 2,223
left-aligned image

When Maera joins the others, Wilcorin gives her a friendly wave. It isn't until she begins strumming on her lute when Wilcorin recalls his manners.

Tapping Talia politely on the shoulder, Wilcorin points to Maera and says "Apologies, also! We forgot to introduce the lovely Maera, a fine performer she is, I must say. A tad quiet off the stage sometimes, but a friendly enough type I suppose."

Finishing his tea with a slurp, Wilcorin eyes up another biscuit when Talia suddenly announces that the King is coming. Wilcorin's eyes brighten up. "A king, eh? Well that certainly would be a sight to see! What say you Riv? Care to gaze upon his royal highness a bit, aye?" Hopping down from his cushion, Wilcorin plucks the ends of his mustache to ensure it has its signature curl before following Anatha, Maera, and Talia.
__________________
UPDATE 04/17: I regretfully must leave RPGX due to new employment opportunities. I wish you all the best. :(
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 5625
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,224

Riv grumbled to himself as he watched Anatha getting dragged away by their newest 'ally' to go watch a parade of the King. He hated those things. The royal children were quick to spot himself or Half-Orcs in the crowd. And they tended to be armed with rocks from somewhere when they did. But, it seemed like more of a bad idea to get separated around this untrustworthy woman. He stood up from his seat and drained his tankard of ward, commenting to Wilcorin as he sheathed his maul in its sling on his back, "Why gaze upon someone that recoils at the sight of me? I'm going because we need to stick together. Not to watch a Human couple in too much gold and silks wave to the masses." He grunts, his heavy footsteps carrying him out of the tavern with the mustachio'd Gnome following along side.


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2016, 01:35 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 3412
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,409


Drea happily pets the doggies, getting close enough so that they can lick her face, sending her into a fit of giggling. But then they got their treat, and found it to be more important. Not that Drea blamed them.

When Kyrié heads back inside, Drea begins skipping beside her. She can hear the other woman talking to her, but her attention is being pulled elsewhere. People dressed in their finest began crowding around, making noise as someone was coming down the street.

Just after stepping foot inside the tavern, Drea turns and goes right back out, curious as to what the commotion is about. She pushes and squeezes her way to the front, but not getting all the way there before she has to stop. She closes her eyes, and begins to mumble to herself.

She tries to keep herself under control, to not let the sudden fear of the crowd pushing around her overwhelm her. "M-mom. M-momma!" she whispers even as she tries to back out of the crowd. "He-lp! she squeaks.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Nade's Avatar
Nade Nade is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 3009
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Posts: 1,430
Kyrie might have felt a little indignant as everyone else seemed to up and leave to go over to join the gathering crowd. Talia especially so as she practically dragged Anatha outside without having much choice or say in the matter. Maera waited by the window as the others headed out, leaving the elf behind.

Outside, a large throng had gathered. About twenty-three priests from the Temple of Gond, dressed in their finery, stand to attention. A white carpet runs from the curb to the temple's mouth. The loyal and the curious have gathered to meet the King of Cormyr.

Talia's eyes sparkle as she whispers in unconcealed excitement, "Can you believe the King is coming to address us?"

The royal carriage approaches on cobblestone-ladened streets, pulled by four white stallions. Pennants bearing the symbol of the Purple Dragon fly in the wind. A patrol of ten horsemen precede the carriage, and ten other guards follow it. The carriage pulls up, its interior dark and its blinds pulled. The door opens and an older, wizened man wearing robes of blue comes out. The door swings shut behind him. A hand, bearing a ring with the purple dragon on it, appears from behind the curtain, resting on the bottom of the window of the carriage door.

The man in blue speaks, "Greetings people of Tilverton, and most worthy clerics of Gond Wondermaker, Smithy and Artificer," says the man, "I am Vangerdahast, personal wizard to our Royal Majesty King Azoun, the Purple Dragon of Cormyr. My lord is tired from his long journey, and must decline Priest Burlan's invitation to tour the temple today, but His Majesty does wish to address the crowd briefly. Your Majesty...." Vangerdahast motions to the carriage and steps back.

A young man of regal bearing with what appears to be a ceremonial sword strapped to his waist comes out. He looks around him and then begins to speak, "Dear, dear people of Tilverton, brave souls who dare to challenge the uncivilized wastes beyond the Stonelands, who rise above adversity to accept the aid and protection of your southern neighbour, I bring you greetings from myself and my family. I wish to thank in particular the kind and gracious priests of Gond Wondermaker, whose gifts and salutations have been greatly appreciated, and I hope to tour your temple in the very near future."

And then something strange happens...... The blue brands on your arms explode into bright azure light. Any clothing around that area begins to sizzle and melt from the unnatural heat radiating from them. The crowd look round, mouths dropping open in shock...... On the brands, the symbol of the Fire Knives begins to twist and writhe, seemingly dancing in an unnatural fashion......

Talia lets go of Anatha, stepping backwards, her face radiating her shock and surprise. She drops her hand to her weapon instinctively.....

 
__________________
Narrator: Into the Jaws of Oblivion - a diceless collaborative role-playing epic.

Recruiting for: What Lies Beneath - a Gothic Horror role-playing extravaganza

Last edited by Nade; 12-09-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-18-2020
RPXP: 5625
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,224

Dice Wisdom Save:
1d20+2 (8)+2 Total = 10


Riv sighed to himself, arms folded over his chest and listening with barely any interested to the Human king. Several people had scooted away from him as he stood there, not wishing to stand so close to someone that looked like pictures of Orcish raiders and bandits and other such brutes. He didn't care and didn't seem to acknowledge those around him aside from Wilcorin. As the King spoke, he snarled and gave a swear of pain, clutching at his branded arm as his sleeve actually burned away and revealed the markings. He even had to pull away his hand as his flesh was starting to sear on his palm. He grit his teeth and tried to fight the urges it was stirring in his mind, starting to see his world flood with red.

All save for one figure: The King.

To those watching, his brown eyes turned a shade of shocking violet. He unslung his maul and slowly strode through the crowd. People parting before him like a wave before the burly, visibly armed Orc. His breaths were heavy, snarling grunts, his whole form coiled like a mountain lion that had just found its prey. He didn't notice his allies befalling a similar fate, with the orbs of conjured force that struck the royal Human. He was focused on just getting to swinging range, all with that mysterious brand, exposed and burning on his arm.


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 12-10-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB