Game Thread Story 1: Witch Hunt - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Lift the Scales from mine eyes
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Alera224 Alera224 Alera224

Tobias is completely right, the man does not seem to be listening to him. However, Joseph's attempt proves rather successful, as the man doesn't know enough to resist him. Within a minute or so, the mad man relaxes, apparently rendered unconscious by the constant struggling, screaming and choking. It is important to note that he did not stop screaming when he was choked, he continued to scream with what little air he had left; likely contributing to his fast pass out.

By now, a crowd has gathered around the spectacle. None of them actually got involved, but they did stop to watch what was going on. Now that the wrestling match is over and it appears that the young lady is at least somewhat safe, most of them continue on their way. It strikes you as a little odd that you are the only people that got involved.

Then, out of the door of the building that the young lady was trying to enter, comes a man in a suit. "Valeri! Are you okay? What happened?" The man shouted as he stumbled down the steps, obviously in a hurry. The first genuine concern you've seen other than yourselves, and he is late. "Sister Miriam called me and told me you were coming, then I saw the commotion when I was going to my boss's office. What happened?"

The young lady reacts to the name, turning to look at the man. "Oh, I'm okay thanks to these people. This guy attacked me, screaming that I'm a witch." Valeri is still rattled, but with the man no longer freaking out in her face, she calms down quicker.

Last edited by Alera224; 12-08-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Laputan Machine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1567
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon
Seeing the girl safe and the man unconscious, Tobias relaxes, releasing his grip and getting up, straightening his ruffled jacket to precious little effect. Then he looks at the other guy who helped along. "Nice one," he nods approvingly, "thanks for the help. That sure was a 'loon, wasn't it? Some people just revolt me." He does not really look revolted, however, as if the incident was already being forgotten. "I'm Toby, by the way, and-" he suddenly turns his head, sidetracked, at the slowly departing crowd, "now where the Hell did my sandwich go?"
Old 12-08-2009, 01:41 PM
FOR SCIENCE!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11920
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Lost During Shipping

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12897
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Joseph releases his hold around the man’s neck and lays him face down on the pavement. ‘Tenderly’ placing his knee between the man’s shoulder blades and leaving a hand to push down on the back on the man’s neck, he keeps the man held down until police can arrive. Hopefully they would be he shortly, as Joseph was probably already late to get back to the job site. As Joseph looked around, he noticed the normal reactions of a populous. It was generally normal for people to watch a situation, but not get involved. This reaction was commonly referred to as ‘rubber-necking’. Joseph and the few others that got involved were the Samaritan types, not concerned with themselves enough to just look on as others needed help. It was possible that some of them had a history or were part of some civil service such as a fire department.

The situation had resolved itself for the most part, and Joseph was being addressed by the man that had help him take down the aggressive businessman. Joseph extended his free hand to the man, “Joseph.”
Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old 12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Bear Cavalry Captain

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Gregorotto Gregorotto
Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit! Les exited his apartment, the door slamming behind him. One hand balanced a Mt. Dew bottle, the other gripped sheets of old computer paper pinned to his chest by his arm. A white dress shirt and black tie blow in the wind as he runs as fast as he can through the people along the street. Late for work again-last time he watches season 4 of Battlestar Galactica during his lunch break. He had fallen asleep right in the middle of the episode, and luckily came to a point with 6. Hot damn. And now he was late.

After a block, running seemed like a really bad idea. So, he stopped. Instead, he walked quickly, doing his best to hide he was out of breath. Turning the corner, he couldn't help but notice something causing a stir.... what the hell? Rolling his eyes with an elongated sigh, he chose to do his best to walk through it. Upon arriving in the center, he changed his mind-dammit, dammit. Choosing go around the inner most edge of the circle, he found it was breaking up-people weren't interested. Go figure, just his luck. Les almost threw his arms up in protest of how absolutely annoying this was, but he decided it wasn't worth it. His face told his annoyance more than anything. For a second, he decided to listen to the inner crowd.

Upon mention of being a "witch," Les looked back to get a frame of reference. It's not like witches exist, but.... what the-before he could finish the thought, he tripped over a lingering crowd member. Mountain Dew covered him and his shirt, papers flew in the air-he face-planted into the ground. As if that wasn't obvious, he looked to the person he had tripped over to make sure they were ok. Les knew better than to look back at the group talking, and instead set about gathering his papers. Diagnostic sheets covered in carbonated sex were still diagnostic sheets.

Games In Progress
Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Laputan Machine

Tools
User Statistics
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon
"What the Hell, dude, watch where you're going!" Toby exclaims, more startled than angry, as a random onlooker slams into him, spilling soda all over the place. Just one of those days, isn't it? First, the randomly violent drunk, then his sandwich running away, and now this. Damn. And if he's going to change, he'll be late for class, and Prof Keylington said that if he'd be late one more time... screw this. Wiping the cafeinated chemical from his leather jacket as best as possible, his gaze falls down, and for the first time, he registers the onlooker as something else than a random encounter meant to turn his day to Hell. By his looks, his day isn't going any better. He gets down to help the man gather his papers, drying them as best as possible and handing them back to their owner.

On holidays until mid-January. Apologies for intermittent posting.

Last edited by Cherubaddon; 12-09-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Imperial Governor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4014
Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod
Richard was relieved the situation was well in hand, though the violence was a little more than he anticipated. Not that he encounters violent drunks at lunch every day. Richard loitered about to see if the girl was okay until the suited man cames to "Valeri."

He turned to the man to corroborate her story, "Yeah, he was acting really crazy, really drunk. Kept screaming even as the others knocked him out. But you are okay, right, miss?" He kept wondering about the thing he saw, looking back over at the man, casually scanning the man if he could see what she saw.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

"Oh, thank goodness. What could have made a man react like that?" The suit asked, turning to the guys. "It's good to see that there are some people who will stop to help a young woman like this though." He nods a thank you, then turns to Valeri. "And that you aren't hurt. The Lord still watches over his own." He finishes, giving them all a smile. "I'm Micheal Shoemaker, I'm a accountant here at Lange and Lange. Let me know if I can help any of you with anything." The man continues, handing each of them a card with his name and number on it.

Valeri watches all this with quiet politeness until the cards are passed out, then she speaks up. Anyone paying attention to her will notice a slight wince cross her face at one point, but she does not explain it. "Oh, Mr. Shoemaker, I've got those records from the Orphanage you wanted. I almost forgot in all the excitement." She explains, giving a sheepish smile before opening the bag and pulling a large stack of papers. The accountant takes these with another nodded thank you, smiling.

"Thank you Valeri, this will help St. Christopher's get back on its feet. Tell Sister Miriam that I'll be working on the case extensively in my off time, seeing what I can do." The man smiled and gave the others a smile again. "Well, I'm at work, so I need to get back..."

Finally, the blue lights heralded the arrival of the police. The boys in blue walked up, looking at the scene with raised eyebrows. "We got reports of a violent episode in this area. What's going on?"
Old 12-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Lost During Shipping

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Joseph, who was still holding down the man, looked up to the Police, “This guy, for whatever reason, started chasing after this woman here, screaming that she’s some kinda witch. Me and this guy here,” motioning to Toby, “tried to stop the guy peacefully and he took a swing at me trying to get to her. We took him down and waited for you to arrive.” That was his side of the story. He hadn’t seen where they came from, but had unintentionally gotten involved when the woman smacked into him. Now he was playing the part of the good samaritan and hoping the cops would see it the same way.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Laputan Machine

Tools
User Statistics
Only now noticing the presence of the officers, Tobias gets up, wiping some leftover soda from his jacket. "Yeah, no clue what was wrong with him. Perhaps he was drunk." Of course, Tobias knows he isn't. But if he told the cops about the experimental brainwaves of the CIA, that would considerably weaken his side of the story. Let them find out there's no alcohol in his blood, then draw their own conclusions. Suddenly, his gaze falls on the stack of papers he his holding. "Oh right, these are yours, aren't they?" he asks the man who ran into him, as if he had already forgotten about the police.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Imperial Governor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4014
Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod
Richard has been paying attention to the girl, especially after catching a strange look from her before the man finally blacked out. Certainly it was nothing, certainly he was making things up. Besides she was just a scared girl afraid of a severely drunk man. He wanted to say something but it would only be silly. A silly question from a silly guy. He was barely even involved here. But he tarried, even moving closer to the girl.

"Heya," he said, more than a little sheepishly. "Valeri, right? Hope you don't think I'm weird but... were you looking at something on that fellow? I might be out of my mind, but it looked like you noticed something..." Hopefully this didn't sound like the worst icebreaker in the world. She was cute, but that wasn't his goal here. He really was concerned about this increasingly odd situation. "I'm Richard by the way.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The cops nod and handcuff the man, reading him his rights even though he is unconscious as part of procedure. They've done this more than once and they aren't about to let him get off on something simple as that. As one of the officers 'helps' the man into the back of the squad car, the other turns to the group. "Alright, I'll need names and contact information from everyone involved. If the young lady or her guardians wish to press charges, then we'll need statements later." The man explained.

Valeri gives Richard a wide eyed look. "Huh? Oh, no. I was just freaking out..." She replied nervously. "I can't believe he would just start swinging like that..." She continued, looking away from Richard quickly.
( Wits + Empathy, all involved. )
Old 12-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Lost During Shipping

Tools
User Statistics
Joseph releases the man from his pinning maneuver and stands as the police handle him. It wasn’t surprising to see how they handled the situation, but at the very least things were looking okay for him. He gave his information as requested with no restraint. He had nothing to hide since it seemed apparent that he had done nothing wrong.

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
3d10: 3, 4, 1Total = 8
Old 12-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Laputan Machine

Tools
User Statistics
At the cops' request, Toby freezes. He should have thought of something like this, but he hasn't, now cursing himself for his foolishness of lingering when the police was obviously coming. For a moment, he weighs his option: he could give them his information, hoping they just file it somewhere and forget about it forever; which, of course, would carry the risk of them aggregating the info with their partner agencies. Or, he could make a run for it - but that would make him look suspect, and there's no way the cops wouldn't catch him. Pearls of sweat forming on his brow, trying his best not to look too suspicious, he gives up the bare minimum of what is asked of him, desperately reminding himself that this is all trivial info that the government probably already knows, and that they still don't know of his safe houses and file depositories, which helps him calm down a little again.

But he is far too sidetracked by his personal fears to notice anything about the girl.