RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 25th, 2020, 12:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4882
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Cirranil Seladras
Race: Elf
Class: Fighter (Steelbound Fighter)

Background:
Hailing from Kyonin, Cirranil was born and raised in Iadara. His parents (Einrandalf and his mother Eriea) are wealthy upper society engineers with very traditional elven customs and beliefs. His father is notable as being on the board of architects from which Iadara was planned and constructed. From an early age Cirranil was educated in the ways of a proper elven man. Reading and writing were made available to him, as well as music and elven lore. He had no talent for magic, as both of his parents were disappointed to learn, a place where both of them showed immense talent and where his older brother Ancallon was a prodigy. Try as he might, Cirranil just did not have the tongue nor the ability, and being compared to Ancallon throughout his life has always made him feel second best. Of course martial training was also part of his studies, and this is where Cirranil truly shined. He was a naturally talented swordsman to begin with, but with training and effort he soon showed genuine skill. Combined with a good head on his shoulders and a strong knowledge of history, and Cirranil would have made a fine officer in the Army of Iadara.

However, this was not to be. As a youth, Cirranil became keenly interested in the history of the elven people and their advanced technology and magical knowledge before Earthfall. To him, finding such lost knowledge would be a gigantic advancement for the elven people on their path to achieve their true greatness once again. Had he tied himself to an army, he would never have the freedom to research and explore - for if he was to discover such things, he would become one of the most influential elves of his time. Presenting his dream to his parents, he knew they would disapprove but their negative reaction stung him. They called him an idealistic fool and a wayward youth with no direction, and he should instead work to bring honor to his family like Ancallon. To Cirranil, that was the last straw. He packed up his things, took what coin he had saved up, and left that very night.

Making his way to Greengold, Cirranil spent his time scouring libraries and bookstores and speaking with any scholar he could find. To supplement his income, he took up some minor jobs as a sellsword but never had any trouble to this point. It was at the home of a local scholar when he first made his introduction to Professor Petros Lorrimor. Professor Lorrimor admired the young elf with a burning passion for history, and was impressed with his theories and research. Cirranil mentioned his desire to find and purchase an expensive book on the theoretical existence of Sovyrian and how the elves fled there before Earthfall, but lamented how rare and difficult it was to find. He thought nothing of this until the next time he visited that same local scholar, who presented him with a package from Professor Lorrimor. It was the book! Enclosed was a parchment by Professor Lorrimor encouraging Cirranil on his search and to continue to be diligent in his studies. The Professor asked for no payment, just to be able to someday call upon Cirranil for a favor. Cirranil was shocked by the generosity and asked to learn the Professor's address to send his thanks but none was left and Cirranil had no way to get in touch with him. The book was incredibly expensive and Cirranil felt uncomfortable for accepting such a gift that would benefit elvenkind, especially from a human.

Cirranil's studies and the use of that book unlocked the theory of "steelbinding" - how the latent magical energies of elves allowed them to put their essence within the weapons of their kin. He has not shared much of this knowledge yet as he is still but a fledgling novice but over the past several months he has learned all he could from the book the Professor gave him. The knowledge contained within was, in fact, something Cirranil considered dangerous in the wrong hands - so much so that he ended up destroying the book to prevent it from falling into those hands. He has hit a bit of a roadblock in his studies up to this date, but all of that has taken a backseat to the letter he has just received. The letter that states the passing of Professor Petros Lorrimor and Cirranil being in his will. Making Good on Promises campaign trait.The favor had come, and Cirranil was honor bound to follow it. He is anxious about what it might entail however - he is worried it may be related to the knowledge he has uncovered that he is loath to share. Traveling by carriage to the unknown country of Ustalav, Cirranil has plenty of time to think - and dread.

Personality:
Cirranil is a bit of an elven supremacist, but tries to keep an open mind when dealing with other races. He thinks the elven race does everything the best, and cannot understand why someone would disagree with this idea. This does not mean he dislikes other races - quite the contrary. Cirranil is almost child like in his interest in the shorter lived races and views them as one might view a younger brother attempting to follow in their footsteps. Cirranil carries himself with a regal bearing and speaks eloquently, as one befitting his heritage, but deep down he considers himself a humble warrior-scholar with a curious streak a mile wide. When it is a subject he is interested in, Cirranil can engage in discussions for hours and often will pull out a piece of parchment to write down a thought or topic to research later. Cirranil is a brave and competent warrior, and will not back down from a fight, especially if the innocent are involved. He has a strong sense of elven honor but it is very libertarian as he still wishes for others to live their lives as they choose. He greatly despises bullies and those who force others to do their bidding. A tad arrogant and proud, Cirranil is still a bit naive to the ways of the world and the capabilities of others.

Motivations to visit Ravengro (Secreted):

Roleplaying Sample:
Cirranil's knees tremble slightly as he reads the note once again. So the good Professor has passed... and now he wishes to call in his favor? Cirranil deeply hopes it is not the transfer of the book to someone else - the knowledge contained within would be incredibly dangerous in the hands of others, and it has already been destroyed. Even working for the repayment of the book entirely would be far more ideal than sharing what he has learned with others. Especially, non-elves. But if that is what the Professor demands, it will be an incredibly difficult situation. He is honor bound to grant the Professor's last wishes, especially for the significant investment he has made in him. But if it includes sharing the knowledge of steel-binding and the strong theories he has about Sovyrian - and how it may still exist today - could he share such knowledge with those who should not be privy to elven culture? Especially information so hallowed and critical to their kin as this. He wonders if the young boy who delivered it to him at the library in Greengold had any knowledge of what actually happened to the Professor, and he cursed himself for not asking more questions. All the boy told him was that the representative of the Professor said was he was sorry for Cirranil's loss and that he was told the white-blonde elf with the massive curved sword was always in the library of Greengold after the midday meal.

Sighing slightly as he peeks out the carriage window at the mountainous surroundings, he whispers first a quiet prayer to Labelas Enoreth for the knowledge and wisdom to act rightly, and another to Corellon Larethian praying that he will not have to violate the Professor's last wishes. The carriage suddenly bumps wildly, and Cirranil manages to catch his long curved sword before it falls onto the wooden floor. Irritated, he thumps the top of the carriage with the handle of his sword and shouts "Oi! If you could drive a little less chaotically, it would be greatly appreciated!" His lilting tone with an elvish accent comes off a bit more aggressive than he intended to, and Cirranil curses quietly to himself as he opens the carriage window. The human coachman seemed a nice enough fellow, and it's not his fault he doesn't have the means to possess an elven carriage. He almost sighs wistfully as he thinks about the cushioned interiors and the cleverly designed suspension system of the wheels to prevent such jostling about. Sticking his head out the window, Cirranil shouts out to the man "I apologize for my outburst good sir, it caught me off guard and I lost my cool. Please forgive me!" He knows other races can be sensitive when they compare themselves to elves, and he really does not wish to offend the man.

Sticking his head back in, Cirranil turns his attention to the large curved sword of elven make he holds. Ancient elven magic has placed part of his own soul within this very blade, and though Cirranil feels the glory it will bring is worth the cost, he cannot help but mull on what kind of sacrifices he will have to make in the future for this blade. For soon a mighty ancestor will inhabit this same blade, one who does not understand the current ways of the world and whose values may be completely different. Is this something that will bring glory to the elven race? Or will this be their downfall? A small chill runs through Cirranil's body despite the heat, and he decides to change his thoughts to something a little less melancholy. But the unease about both the Professor and what he has done will not leave him easily this day.

Last edited by Grouchy; Dec 6th, 2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2420
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I edited my application to further expand on my character and include a sheet. I don't have a good image for a character portrait, and I am VERY bad at looking for or finding such things.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Interested for sure. Have sent you a message asking about something to be sure before going ahead with character creation and all that.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2

Last edited by IrishKatt; Nov 25th, 2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 04:52 PM
Obviously Defective

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12972
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
If my application leaves any pertinent questions unanswered, I am more than willing to expand upon the current iteration. I already edited in a "Role" section, as it was evident that my application didn't really show what sort of party contribution Finneaous would provide.

Someone (elsewhere) asked me if borrowing inspiration from my application was something I would consent to. Inspiration is not proprietary, so if anyone else finds anything they feel would contribute to their own application, please feel free to borrow structural or flavor elements to your hearts' content.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 06:10 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17176
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Keep the applications and questions coming in! I didn’t expect such an influx of applications so quickly, so I have given them all a cursory read so far and will go through more in-depth over the next couple of days.

Questions can be here, or PM, either is totally fine!

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3393
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Hey Pianoman90, I'm already in one of your games, could I apply for this one too?
I'm just gonna go for it!
Application!
right-aligned image
Name: Xaro Windbrook

Race: Halfling

Class: Medium

Background and Personality: Xaro Windbrook spent most of his life in Lepidstadt, growing up the youngest son of a remarkably large family. Unfortunately, his family had left him much to his own devices. As the youngest of a large family, Xaro was pretty much ignored. This did not end well for the family, because Xaro was a natural medium. Spirits tended to aggregate around him, and they finally started paying attention when his personality seemed to drastically change day to day. It had gotten so bad that they had no choice but to send him to Havenguard Lunatic Asylum, where he would receive treatment for multiple personality disorder.

The Havenguard Lunatic Asylum took him in for a short while, but found that there was a real reason behind his behavior, so he was returned to Lepidstadt, where he encountered Lorrimor at the Lepidstadt university. There he started getting better control over his situation by learning the nature of his influences and learning how he could make use of them.

Xaro is a lackadaisical sort, mostly because he finds that motivation is a thing that is thrust upon him, not generated from within. That isn't to say he is completely overtaken in sloth; he just allows impetus to happen, instead of going out and making it himself. Despite his rough life, hisfamilial upbringing means he is used to working with large groups of people with differing abilities and wildly differing personalities.

Relationship to Petros Lorrimor: Teacher's Pet! Lorrimor had a number of unique insights into Xaro's condition, and so Xaro attended every lecture he could find. It was astounding the professor kept in touch with him even after Xaro had gotten a handle on things.

Motivations to visit Ravengro (Secreted): WIP! ... Or is it?

EXTRA SECRET INFORMATION!

RP sample:

Last edited by Runetide; Dec 6th, 2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 09:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3235
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Jett Dragomir
Class: Rogue
Race: Dhampir
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Role in party: Scout
Deity: Calistria
Physical Description: Standing at 6 foot even, he looks extremely handsome, of Medium build and athletic. His skin has a dark complexion, has jet black hair, just past his shoulders and his eyes are dark brown. He's dressed in all black, with a leather like armor & vest and matching black pants designed for simplicity and mobility. Knee high boots. Bow at his back and a sword sheathed at his left hip. A dagger sheathed at each thigh.
right-aligned image

Personality: He carries himself well with confidence, gets along well with others, although he has trouble trusting them. Seems many are friendly for a price, for while growing up, he couldn't trust anyone except perhaps two or three.He doesn't get overly excited, staying calm through most situations. An even-tempered man, but do not cross him, for you will be marked. At the same time, once you have him for a friend, you got a friend for life. He used fight with his emotions, knowing that regardless what he does, once people finds out what he is, their perception of him instantly changes. He refuses to become evil as many might view him as. Being a alone most of the time, he handles it better than he thought he would, since he never bothered to try to win anyone's approval.

Combat Trait: Courageous +2 vs Fear
Carrion Crown Campaign Trait: On the Payroll

Background:

Relationship to Petros Lorrimor: Petros and visited Jett's city and offered him and his friend to Ustalay. The professor had taken a liking to the two of them and was amazed how the two of worked so well together, almost like they were as one. The three became good friends, besides Petros liking the two men and their way of doing things, but the Ghuan and Jett liked the man as well because he treated them equally, didn't treat them differently than the others. Half the time he would go with them on missions. To gather information, or hunt down some ancient history, or some artifact. Sometime the two would go alone to steal an important item that Petros didn't want to get into the wrong hands. They got to know each other well and traded stories of their past and current lives. The two stayed only 2 months though, not feeling comfortable in the strange country, then they headed back home.

Motivations to visit Ravengro (Secreted): When Jett was about to leave the city after the death of his friend, he received a letter of the Professor's death. Sadden, he wasn't going to go, not liking the Country, there was a thought that perhaps the Professor left him something in his will. Normally, the rogue would gladly take his share, but he felt ill at ease at the area. After giving some thought, he thought to himself that he has no destination currently and he would only be going for the funeral, not staying, so, he headed to Ravengro...

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by Seekr34; Dec 8th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 10:23 PM

Tools
User Statistics
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Hey Pianoman90, I'm already in one of your games, could I apply for this one too?
Absolutely! I think it is the highest honor that players who already suffer in my games want to come back for more...

Old Nov 25th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3393
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Excellent. I'm updating my first post with my application. I'm going to go out of my comfort zone and play a class that would probably be a lot of flavor and perhaps even fun* for this AP... a Medium! They seem pretty neat and I've never played one before.

*Fun: Plot bait
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 11:53 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Fun? The PCs are supposed to have fun in this AP? Why wasn't that included in the AP guide?

*scribbles a few notes furiously*

As it happens, I will be making notes about the characters for my own process, and will likely ask a few questions as they come to me. Let me know when you have added/changed significant sections or completed your app and I can have a good read of it.

Last edited by pianoman90; Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 12:29 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 59540
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Looks like this is going to be a promising game, looking forward to seeing how it turns out
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 07:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2437
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Application for Carrion Crown
Quote:
“I am waltzing with death, flirting with him, but he stands there smiling and saying nothing because he does not need to woo or be wooed: he knows he gets us all in the end.”

― Nenia Campbell

Olyvette Hardwick, age 25

Human Oracle

Last edited by Noquarter19; Dec 10th, 2020 at 01:24 AM.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1127
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
WIP
WIP
The BasicsName: Francis Hellhurst
Race: Human
Alignment:
Class: Psychic
Deity:
Traits:
Appearance
right-aligned image
TBC

PersonalityTBC

HistoryPending

Professor Petros Lorrimor and RavengroPending

RP SamplePending

Last edited by Zealot; Nov 27th, 2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2420
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I edited my RP post to contain her receiving the invitation to the funeral, and an appropriate reaction.
I realize that my background doesn't list an exact location. She was born and raised just far enough away to avoid her childhood being significantly touched by the Count Aericnein Neska's lengthy battle of the Furrows. She has also managed to avoid The Devil in Gray and The Beast of Lepidstadt, but she was aware of all 3 tragedies, even though they never came close to her. Aside from her having studied under the professor, I don't really see her being strongly tied to Ustalav. I can provide a location if needed, but I would prefer to leave it generic, as I suspect the campaign will center mainly in Ustalav, and her home and family will be far enough away to not significantly matter.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 11:13 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome, thanks for the tinkering Ericg1s! I had a few unexpected things come up this week that took my focus from reading applications, but I will have some questions and feedback over the weekend.