DnD5e A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest - Page 11 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 16th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6257
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerdon View Post
Oh, hello... I just started looking for a new game to play in, and I'm with you @Chylopan, the first game of 5e I ever played with the same tabletop group I've been with for the past 5 years, was Curse of Strahd. The Van Richten's Guide is one of my favorites so far. My heart is likewise lost in the mists. If you still have room, I'd love to apply. I think I have an interesting idea to throw up.
Go for it!
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 09:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
ProjectLazarus ProjectLazarus
Character ApplicationName: Nikolai Mirov
Race: Wood Elf
Age: specific age unknown -- in the early-mid part of life
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Monk - Way of Shadows

Appearance: Nikolai wears a fairly fitted outfit of mottled grey and black trousers and tunic. The variation in colour and texture actually help blur his shape and allow him to blend into the shadows better than pure black. Over top he wears a cloak patterned and coloured the same way, as well as a mask that covers most of his face and head, except for a strip near his dark green eyes -- a strip which he then usually has smeared with a paste of fat and ash to cover up the light golden brown colour of his skin.

Background: Nikolai remembers little to nothing of his childhood. Rather, his memories begin with his time with his master. He was selected specially and taught not to think, but to obey. He were taught how to watch, how to listen and how to move quietly. "We work in the shadows," His master told him "we live in the shadows. The shadows embrace us. We are the shadows." Then, one dark night while performing a task given to him by his master a thick mist rolled in from the sea... And the estate he was supposed to be infiltrating was no longer where it was supposed to be.

Now, in a strange land, with no one to get orders from and no experience thinking for himself he seeks to survive this dying land and the horrors it contains and return to his own domain.

Last edited by ProjectLazarus; Jan 25th, 2022 at 11:13 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 10:33 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1157
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Character Basics
right-aligned image

Basic Character Details:
Name: Armand de Cerritos

Character Race: Hexblood (Human)
Character Class: Artificer (Alchemist)

Character Appearance:
Armand stands at five feet ten inches tall and possesses a slender frame. Often dressing in comfortable clothing that allows for freedom of movement without getting in his way, usually, a cotton poet's shirt with the laces undone, with black brais tucked into heavy black boots. With his jet black hair pulled back into a tight, short ponytail, he always seems to wear a crown of hemlock and holly atop his brow, though closer inspection show that the braided mass starts from within his flesh. His eyes are a cloudy, winter blue, showing a cunning intellect. When traveling or working, he dons his leather armor to keep himself safe.

Character Background: Inheritor: Armand's family once had titles and land. Longer than he could remember. His father was a skilled physician like his father before him, and it looked like the son would one day, likewise, follow in their footsteps. But that wasn't the life he wanted to lead. Despite the schooling and advanced education. He wanted to lead the life of a rich socialite and little else. He enjoyed the galas and soirees that his friends threw. He often wound up in constant trouble because of it. A defaced statue here, public drunkenness mixed with the occasional bout of public indecency. He could easily be considered the embarrassment of the family.

Then one night, his best friend, Owen Sinclair, threw a huge party around a great bonfire in the woods. He thoroughly enjoyed himself, and the company of very attractive men and women surely would have made it a night to remember. If something else hadn't happened to take that title. He stumbled away from the party to relieve himself that night... and came across an odd shack. So he did what any drunken, self-entitled, party boy would do in that situation. Needless to say, the owner was not pleased when she noticed a young man relieving himself on the side of her home.

The woods seemed to have come alive in that moment... and Armand could feel himself sober up fast, as all sorts of animals and vegetation descended upon him. He cried out and begged for mercy.. until he saw the one controlling the woods. A withered old crone, who just radiated magic. She told him everything she saw in him. Such potential and ability wasted on a freeloading fool, who debased not just himself but any who claimed acquaintance.

She offered him a deal, however... one day his fate would be sealed, as his family's already was. He would have a chance to attempt to right a great evil to no avail. And so long as he failed, his family would forever be outcast. To Armand, he didn't feel it was much of a deal, he certainly didn't feel like he had gotten anything out of it. Though he was suddenly free of the woods. He'd awaken in a field the next morning, his head pounding, and a crown of vines braided about his head. Any attempts to remove it caused him a great deal of pain, as it was now a part of him.

He returned home to learn that guards had come in the dead of night, seized their land and property, and arrested his father. Who had been accused of attempting to kill the crown Princess. He had treated her days before, but her malady had suddenly relapsed. His father was charged with the task of attempting to heal her or follow her in death. The family name disgraced. He knew it was the hag's doing.

He returned to the woods, but could not find the shack from the night before... On his way to see Owen Sinclair and ask him about the night before, he was met by a messenger. A young woman that knew all about him. She offered him a parcel, addressed to him... in that exact spot, no less. Unsure of what that meant, he opened the paper and found a letter with an old, leather-bound book. His great grandfather's book that every heir of the family had kept. A book that could teach him the ways chemistry and concoctions. With the book in hand, he wondered if he could help others... and maybe develop a cure for the Princess himself... but he never had the chance. The young woman opened her mouth to laugh, and the old hag's voice rang out. Then a dreadful mist rolled in.

His only hope now is to use the knowledge he gained from his father to undo some great evil... not realizing he now walked into a land that will not so easily be changed.

Horror YES! Horror NO!
I'm here for all the spookiness, creepiness, and gore of some serious zombie survival.

Last edited by Dyerdon; Jan 16th, 2022 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Formatting issues... it's always formatting issues with me
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
fomolobo fomolobo
Hello! Are you open to experienced 5e players who are new to RPG Crossing? I've done PBP on other sites for a long time. I just registered on RPGx so I still have noob status.
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomolobo View Post
Hello! Are you open to experienced 5e players who are new to RPG Crossing? I've done PBP on other sites for a long time. I just registered on RPGx so I still have noob status.
All are welcome.

@Lazerus & Dyerdon - Thank you for your applications!
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
ProjectLazarus ProjectLazarus
@Chylopan, I like the application process, this seems quite different from finding an IRL group to play with. Can you tell me please, what if anything you see missing from my application?
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 06:35 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
neverknew neverknew neverknew
Application - Complete
Basic Information
Name: Ghaliver Fogdale
right-aligned image

Race: Ghostwise Halfling

Gender Identity: Cis-Male (he/him)

Appearance: Ghaliver is slightly taller than thinner than most halfling, standing 3'5" yet only weighing 38 pounds. His once tan-colored skin now has a jaundice appearance. This, combined with his slight build and dark circles around his eyes gives the impression of malnourishment. An accident with a scythe left him with a scare above and below his right eye. His fine dark hair runs down to his shoulders in an unmanageable mane. Like most of his kin, he is rarely without his pipe and a pouch of smoking herbs.

Class: Grave Cleric

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Acolyte

Trait: I am tolerant of other faiths and do not interfere with the worship of other gods that does not bring harm to others.

Trait: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.

Bond: I work to bring peace to those who cannot find it by their own means.

Ideal: Redemption: There is a spark of good in everyone.

Flaw: I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.
General Backstory

Secrets

Horror PreferencesHorror Yes/No: I enjoy any spooky. Psychological thrillers are great. No rape. No gratuitous abuse or degradation.

Last edited by neverknew; Jan 26th, 2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 09:27 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
I will be closing applications on 1/30/2022.

After, I'll take 3 — 5 days to go over those who've completed a new application or expressed interest with a previous character.

Just a heads up!
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I think my application for Ghaliver is complete. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Going to withdraw. Good luck to everyone.
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hope I'm still in the running! I know I'm 5 days late for this, but good luck to everyone!
Old Feb 6th, 2022, 10:23 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chylopan View Post
I will be closing applications on 1/30/2022.

After, I'll take 3 5 days to go over those who've completed a new application or expressed interest with a previous character.

Just a heads up!
Any news?
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1616
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Would have been cool game. Looks like it's dead.
Old Mar 1st, 2022, 03:20 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, regrettably. Would have loved to have gotten into this one.