Game Thread The Atea Gem - Page 23 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Atea Gem
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Munshin will follow along to being escorted out, looking a little annoyed, but trying to keep out from trouble. The fact they were simply being let go was a remarkable miracle - probably because no one had died, but this did not bode well for their plans.

near the end, Munshin will look to Sharp Dressed Man and ask him a question. "Obviously there's little reason for you to answer this, but given the unusual circumstances, I may as well bring it full circle - Do the lot of you run the whole building, or do you not care what goes on below?"
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 07:04 PM
TheJeanyus's Avatar
TheJeanyus TheJeanyus is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2015
RPXP: 97
TheJeanyus
Posts: 438
Eran follows silently, making a note of their surroundings in case they want to come back.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 09:17 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2023
RPXP: 18050
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,746
(Each person gets 440 exp!)

Sharp Dressed Man leads the way downstairs, and at level 70, turns back around. He seems pretty quiet, not really saying anything, although obviously keeping an eye on everyone and expecting trouble. The cell row exits right next to the stairs, so not much of each level can be seen, although what can be seen appears on par with the other floors the crew has seen.

The man just begins climbing the stairs once he deposits you on floor 70, saying, "We hopefully won't be seeing each other again. Sound good? Good."
__________________
She/They/Y'all

AwesomeEllie update incoming
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Sharp Dressed left, and that left...them to themselves! [b["Huh. A very unusual situation..."[/b]

Munshin turned to the others and sighs. "We may have to consider a different location from this building, I fear. Given what just happened, I don't really trust this one on the lower levels with them above us. The might take setting up shop as aggressive, and we don't have the manpower to deal wit that I fear."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
Roan watches somewhat agape as he shakes himself out of his revery, and simply says. "Let's go, we need to have another meeting I believe."
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Nevrend's Avatar
Nevrend Nevrend is offline
Posting Rate Slowed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2020
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Posts: 1,408
"I'm going back to the room were we found the addicts. We can discuss things there," The shade states in an irritated tone and he glides down the stairs.
__________________
A good GM permits shenanigans. A great GM encourages them.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Munshin couldn't think of a reason the room couldn't be used for now, and thus followed along.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 12:25 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2023
RPXP: 18050
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,746
The room is just as you left it, although it is given a slightly creepier vibe knowing what it may have been used for at one point in time.
__________________
She/They/Y'all

AwesomeEllie update incoming
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Munshin double checked the door once everyone was in, then turned to the rest. "Well, this leads us to a bit of a pickle. I have some thoughts for how we could deal with them, but Depending ho many others are up there besides the group we ran into, we could get overwhelmed again easily."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
"But we've uncovered several curiosities." Roan chimes in. "Why would the Dragon Fangs, men renowned for their violent and terrible retribution, let us go without so much as even removing our weapons?" Roan stands a paces quietly. "Either they're far less fiercesome than I've been led to believe, or they have plans for us yet. It's possible they simply released us to further ensure the vengeance is sweeter, giving the fox a head start before they release the hounds. Or perhaps they simply wish to see how we'll respond, trace us to the people they assume called for the strike before we were sent to deal the blow." The monk stares at the ground for a moment as he mulls over his thoughts. "But enough of that, what is this plan of yours Munshin?"
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 08:41 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
"Dragon Maw" Munshin corrected, and leaned himself against the desk in the room. "This is definitely a strange pickle we're in....So far, my plan involves several things. Some sort of way for us to see in the dark along with you, so we're not so heavily hindered by our own abilities. Possibly some sort of dust or way to spot the invisible for our Fanged friend. Several tanglefoot bags could help prevent us from being mowed down as we were, slowing or sticking them in place. In a confined staircase, it shouldn't be as hard to hit them. The problems would be getting past them, and then of course, dealing with anything that did not come to get us on the initial run through. Whoever that was with all the weapons bothers me, as does the anti-magic field that seems to follow them. We could still catch them in a similar fashion, but we don't know what else they have."

He held up a hand and started counting off fingers. "We have a strange drug that seems to cause dragon-like effects. A creature dismembering gang who is putting parts from others in them, supposedly, a gang that we thought was dying off, but seems to be quite well once we prod deeper..We need more information, and i think we can get it from the same one we got it from originally. If we are being followed, we should probably go somewhere else and then possibly sneak off one or two of us to talk and see if there is more information to get. I'm hopeful word of a gang like this could get us extra help."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 04:27 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2023
RPXP: 18050
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,746
(It'd take a little while to walk back to where you guys started. As of yet, you have not noted anyone tailing you guys, or even paying you an unusual amount of attention. Flour wouldn't be hard or expensive to purchase if you wanted to use it for anti-invis shenanigans.)
__________________
She/They/Y'all

AwesomeEllie update incoming
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Nevrend's Avatar
Nevrend Nevrend is offline
Posting Rate Slowed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2020
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Posts: 1,408
"I personally doubt that they would really try anything for a while. Considering the fact that they ignore squatters and addicts, I would say they only really care about what goes on on the upper levels for now. Besides, what are the odds of us tracking down a better location for our operation?" Morvian remarks as the party descends.
__________________
A good GM permits shenanigans. A great GM encourages them.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 08:39 PM
TheJeanyus's Avatar
TheJeanyus TheJeanyus is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2015
RPXP: 97
TheJeanyus
Posts: 438
"Hmm yes I agree. They seem rather uninterested in the lower floors, I think we will do fine setting up a base of operations in one of the lower rooms. I personally would not be opposed to using the workshop area... really any room would work though. It is of course wise to watch for... observers but I doubt there will be any. Also, should we retry our luck with the other rooms? The Maws don't seem to have any activity going on that low, it should be safe to try again."
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
"I would rather discuss some of what happened with Bartholomew to make sure there are no other pertinent details we may be missing first. He may be able to find us additional ways of dealing with them. I'm sure he is not wanting someone who dissects people for parts around any more than we would. Otherwise, If you are all that set for it, I will point out they are likely the sort who would happily turn us in for a profit, so we must be extra cautious about them."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB