Game Thread Adventure Four - On the Wings of Silver - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 04-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,767
Healing up
left-aligned image
Illeryces had her bow still trained on the advancing gnoll, unsure on whether or not she'd have to shoot it again, or if it'd stay down for a moment longer. Unbeknownst to her, but not her aetherial slave, Mari had clambered back into the wagon and was working at the shifts and levers like a madman. The not-quite phantom had allready tied the sheet around the trapdoor's handle in preparation, but Illeryces didn't notice the sheets absence in her sickened stupor. When the machine lurched into gear the motion on top of the vehicle was unmistakable. The artist found the feeling of the ground being pulled out from beneath her dreadful, and not in a good way. This was much worse, had she slipped she'd be dinner for a band of slavering gnolls. Illeryces held no illusions concerning her own aptitude in combat, these past two encounters made that clear as day. Maybe with Larvamada at her side she might stand a bit longer but there were no circumstances in which she'd live more than a few seconds.

Fortunately for her, the artist instinctively had a death grip on the improvised tether and didn't dare loosen the lifeline. Instead of climbing the rope, she called out for help: "Alvoki!" The incantation sounded desperate, but one of the stones below in the carriage obeyed. She had some rejects thrown against the walls downstairs in anger, that Matthias must've bid her a thousand times to clear out. One of them cracked and filled the carriage with smoke, bones formed from shrapnel and assembled into a skeleton as sinew, muscle and skin half-formed over it from seemingly nowhere. The hands grabed for Illeryces' lifeline and pulled her in. Shortly after she landed, her unseen servant placed her bow nearby, and hung her sword back in the sheath before putting it back in the corner.

Laying there on the floor in a formation roughly resembling a starfish, Illeryces had little motivation to get up from the ground, and less energy even if she had it. Instead of getting up she then simply sounded an exhausted "Auw." She lay there, for what seemed like ages but realistically could barely be minutes before motivation came rushing to the surface. She could feel her stomach squeezing it's contents and the acids rushing up her throat. Fortunately for her the bathroom wasn't very far. Her unseen servant stood at the ready to hold up her hair as she let go.

A few minutes of unsavoury sound effects later Illeryces returned from the bathroom and joined the crowd. As she limped over room back to the gathering group the artist drew circles over her body with extended fingers. She mumbled inaudibly as she did so, and seemed to be healing up a fair bit. The look in her eyes had some semblance of life again as she responded: "I wouldn't exactly say allright per se. But I'm here, aren't I?" Shortly after she seated herself against the wall again and started chewing her licorice again. She'd earned a treat after the mess that today turned into. As she tried to work herself to her feet, a surge of pain reminded her to better stay put: "Celica, have they ever taught you to mend flesh? Damn gnolls really mangled my leg. Gods I hate dogs."
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 7165
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 8,649
Mari&Celica
right-aligned image
Once Mari was able to crawl back up into the wagon that was soon to be a burning wreck if repairs weren't done soon, she hopped into her engineer's seat/bath, and pressed her hand over the ignition port. Still under the effects of her aether empowerment, she poured all the juice the machine could handle to roar to life. Barely any time to warn the crew, the vehicle lurched with its jarring start, knocking aside any gnoll unfortunate enough to be in front of the thing. It was only a few seconds before the wagon, on a straight road, began to outpace the gnolls. Hopefully its driver upstairs wasn't being too fancy with the controls. Mari, in her focus could barely answer back to Matthias, "Here, and fine."

Once a minute or two passed, and Mari was entirely certain nothing was clinging on for dear life, she eased up on the aetheric pressure in the engine compartment so the acceleration didn't damage the durability of the wagon any more than she had to. Though being in her seat, she didn't have the luxury to mill about in the halls and rooms of this place.


left-aligned image
Holding on to one of the walls during the tense getaway Mari was subjecting the crew to, Celica answered, "All clear." She says, holding her head. Then after a delay, she answers, "With exception, of course. To the girl in captivity." She stays still awhile, opting not to move while this landship is at its highest acceleration, unlike Illeryces, whom had likely made it worse for herself by bracing over the only toilet for tens of miles.

Once the wagon slows down, Celica walks deeper into the halls, her arms crossed beneath her bosom. Speaking softly, "Yes, I have two healing spells to give." She looks at Matthias, battered as he was, and then at Illeryces, sharing much of the same javelin piercings. Letting out a sigh, the noble girl says, "The two of you will have to share." Speaking some words and hovering her hands over the two of her friends, Celica applies a healing touch to the both of them.

After, Celica asks, "Better?" She then resumes leaning against the wall, "Glad the gnolls didn't ambush us before with that number, we would have been in quite the trouble. But for them to arrive so quickly, I don't recall gnolls being telepathic. Shall we check in on their 'princess'?"

Actions
CelicaCast 2 Cure Moderate Wounds.
Illeryces healing:
Dice Roll:
2d8+6 (7, 2)+6 Total = 15
(15)
Matthias healing:
Dice Roll:
2d8+6 (8, 7)+6 Total = 21
(21)


 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,767
The princess' fateHealing magic spread through Illeryces, and coagulated on her leg. It stung a bit, before whatever magic made the miracle seemed to drain the body heat from the spot, as if someone held an ice-cold ladle to her thigh. Still, strange as it was, the change was rapid and welcome. The wonders Celica's magic preformed on her leg failed to preform the same trick on her pants, where the form-fitting clothes were still ripped. A brief look of her artist's eye observed: "I kinda like it to be honest. Might keep it like this. Will need to reinforce the fabric though, anyone got thread and needle?"

Celica's remark on the gnoll's circumstances still lingered around her mind. It was odd how quick the gnolls, with mental faculties of a lobotomised draugr, knew something was wrong. "You're right, that is strange. But I checked her for magic, and beyond a dagger and a ring I found nothing, so I doubt it was magic. Maybe it was an enchantment set on the ring. I know some prisons use sets of rings that let the wardens know how their assigned prisoners are doing and where they are. Suppose she had a prisoner's one, and a gnoll chief, or whatever they have, has the warden ring. Not sure about that though, I've only heard the stories." She thought a moment more, that was an awefully specific and quite a far-fetched idea though, perhaps something more obvious would be called for. It wasn't long before the witch added: "Maybe they just came to investigate when they weren't home in time, though I doubt you could make such an arrangement when you're doing an ambush. I'd wager they knew what was going on with their "princess"."
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-19-2020, 11:42 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,175

The diverse calls of his companions brings no little reassurance to Matthias, but he rights his feet underneath and goes to check on them all the same. Bathed in the bat mage's curative spell, the fencer flexes his no longer injured shoulder approvingly. "Much better. Thanks, Celica." The boy lends a judicious silence to Ille's suggestion. She does not need any encouragement to get even more daring.

"Hm. Their timing is worrisome," concedes Matthias. "A magical alarm of some kind sent out, mayhap. Who knows? Checking on her is a good idea all the same," he concurs. "I'll meet you there in a bit."

Matthias stops through the hall to detour into the engine room. Cedric returns with a chirp to its charge. Matthias nods at the little bird before beaming at Mari. "Congrats, Mari! You did it! We might not be standing here without your talent & knowhow. Great job." The boy gives the fellow planetouched a heartfelt hug, but nothing too jarring to shake her concentration. "Celica and Ille are ok. I'm going to check on a few more things, but then I'll be back." The boy exchanges a look with the thrush. Cedric hops off and perches comfortably in the room while the prince goes off to make sure that the quiet Silvermare is back on board and to check in on their captive.
ActionsWalk & talk
 
__________________
Happy Easter!
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-20-2020, 03:28 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 7165
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 8,649
Mari&Celica
right-aligned image
"Don't be such a baby." Celica tuts as she practically erases Illeryces's gaping wounds. She lets out a small sigh once most of the holes are closed, "I am glad you are surviving through the pain enough to try and make a fashion statement from this. Do promise me you aren't going to make a habit of turning yourself into a pincushion, hm?" She asks, with a bell-like hum.

Catching Matthias's eyes while mending his shoulder, she gives him a brilliant smile, "Don't mention it. Because, if I didn't keep you in one piece, I fear much of the world would be in trouble, much less each of us." She then pats off her clothes and converses, "I highly doubt they brought that many to check up on them. Though I suppose our little home on wheels isn't that difficult to miss. Hey Matthias can you che-" After looking toward Illeryces to try and see her theories through a more logical lens, she turned to look at Matthias to see that he was already halfway to the engine-room. Looking back at Illeryces, she gestures toward the section of the carriage where the prisoner is kept, "After you."



left-aligned image
When Matthias entered the engine room, Mari's eyes were still a-glow from her empowerment and the elemental backlash on her body had caused quite an odd phenomenon. The knee-depth tub of water that would otherwise spill over at her body's kneeling, is instead, defying gravity and hanging in the air, as if in a stilled image. Both white-gloved hands of hers are clutched over the fuel port as she is still concentrating on full acceleration.

With Matthias's embrace, Mari lets out a quiet squeal. Her shoulders jump and, consequently, the serene state of grace that was applied to the water in the air around her was distorted, all the water came splashing back into the basin or, more commonly, upon the floor. She looks up at Matthias after a pause, "Oh, ah, Matt. Great to hear. I didn't know if I was being too slow or too fast. Silvermare is back on board right? And...that goblin didn't fall off either?" She then looks down at her task, "Thanks."

 
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-21-2020, 03:58 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,767
Less than friendly negotiationsCelica's words brought a smile on her face, and Illeryces joked back: "And here I was going to start my own line of fashion accesories. But allright, I'll use ghouls for mannequins from now on." With that, she sighed and rose to her feet. Her mended skin was a bit stiff, but otherwise okay. When she stepped forwards, Illeryces allmost fell to the ground again. "Ow" Appearantly her leg was asleep, so she took a few steps around the central room to let the flow of blood do it's job.

While Illeryces was waking up her leg, Celica was buttering up Matthias, and Illeryces didn't like where this was headed and said as much: "And what am I? The cleaner? I helped keep the gnolls from tearing your precious prince limb from limb, thank you very much." Disappreciated, Illeryces got up and took to painting. After a few muttered words she licked her thumb and started to trace colour over the wall. The product of her line-art was minimalistic, and quite rough, but as Illeryces spoke her magical trigger word, the lines started to shift and drip and steam. Before long, a meager and half-crushed perversion of a gnoll's carcass fell to his knees in front of her.

With the festrog conjured and taking point, Illeryces stepped into the room confidently. She didn't ask questions, instead she commanded: "Pin!" And the dog-ghoul obeyed, crashing himself on the captive before assembling the bundle of the so-called princess. Where previously she considered punishment, but not killing, Illeryces now felt like razing a gnoll encampment. "Allright dogbreath. Look up, see that? One of your fallen gnolls. risen by yours truly. Frankly, I don't consider you as worth talking to. But, my friends do, so you're gonna answer their questions and sit quietly like a good captive. Any snark and I send a platoon of your friends corpses home. Anything they so much as scratch, rises by midnight. They'll survive the initial onslaught, but not a surprise attack by the ones that rise. You want to save your friends, Talk, and be good."


OoCSome rolls maybe?
Dice Craft (magic art): How good a painter is Ille?:
1d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15
Dice Intimidate: How convincing is a zombie apocalypse?:
1d20+10 (9)+10 Total = 19

__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 04-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-10-2020, 09:43 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,012
4pm - Day2of3 travel - Septembre 4th
left-aligned image

licking her coat loose with vigorous annoyance, layers of caking road dust waft about on the open floor. Captain Silvermare stands strong, confidently looking you PCs up and down with an ever-so slight smirk as it looks to be, barely noticeable, subtly detected across her fair face, feigning, trying her hardest with her usual stoic demeanor, to contain what looks to be an inward, beaming light of bold and proud satisfaction. She then speaks(!) "Well, well." Now with open and broad admiration let loose, "If ever I have witnessed a group of such clever and coordinated individuals before … it would indeed be you three for certain." This may be the first time Silvermare has cracked a smile...

"Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous situation we have just concluded, I must say." She holsters her firearm contraption behind her back with a righteous spin, and sheathes her silver sabor at her side with a satisfying *shlink*. "Where do we find ourselves now friends? … Ah-ha yes, let’s be on with it. Let’s pay this mistress captive of ours another cordial visit, shall we team?" ~*



Just a moment ago your prized vehicle of towering fortification, topped with a goblin wielding flame-thrower, thundered loose and blasted free from marauding and ransacking gnolls hellbent on taking you down with flaming javelins and crude battleaxes! Dust clouds are immense in your rear view now. The wind in your faces is celebrated as it rushes past your victorious expressions and deep welcoming lungs. Your rolling tank creaks and groans with slight skirmish pains although, come to notice, but nothing too serious mind you. Superficial flames that caught fire on your roof now seem to be blowing out easily as you make your speedy getaway towards the grand sunset. All is well! All is triumphant, as the day continues on under this beautiful late summer sun.

While pressing forward, you three reconvein and check in with one another. High-fives are slapped all around! Healing magic is dispensed happily, and strange songs in the foriegn goblin tongue, loaded with the thundering of war drums to accompany, ring out in all directions(!) with loud jubilance and a wonderful, boisterous Hurrah! … from atop your wagon.

BUT! But, not all is super wonderful all the livelong day as they say, while you steadily rumble by comfortably… No, you all can’t help but notice here and there, what looks to be small sightings of more interesting things along the road. Yes, figures moving around in the distance, seen in the flanking wheat fields off the road, peering in and out of sight.

Scouting! Probing! Scavenging!-- and yes… Laughing they are...

The road seems to be littered here and there as was stated, sporadically, occasionally, maybe not even too threateningly actually, as you are all quite safe barrelling by. You can only conclude that, yes, these figures look to be more of what you have already encountered ... more gnolls ...

"Yes team," Silvermare's face looks rather disheartened as she gazes upon these gnoll sightings. She then turns back with a wily and rather provocative smirk, "Let's hear what our 'Princess' has to say, Hmmmm?"



Matthias, Illercyes, Celica, and Silvermare stride down to the holding room where you've left your prisoner for the time being. The room is a hidden
right-aligned image
compartment. Mari had the forethought to include this rather secret room, a smugglers' holding of sorts, for who knows what types of usefulness it would serve, apparently its delightfully convenient now, come to notice.

She's still out cold thankfully, slumped over, face mashing the floor, drool dripping out and collecting into a pool on the ground. Her hands and feet are still bound securely and hog-tied. Ille then begins to paint, and lo and behold, her crude squiggles leap off the wall and collide together, mixing and writhing to form the semblance of her desired servant, the visage of an undead zombie gnoll as before, fresh from the crypt, decaying as it slumps along. "PIN!"-- the creature lumbers over and collapses heavily on your bound prisoner.

Immediately, the tribeswoman rouses awake, beholds the weighty creature atop of her, and belts out a terrifying cry(!), "FAUKNASHKA!!! Get dis' ting off of's me!!" Ille then cuts her reaction short, and forcefully belts out her threatening words to counter, demanding the woman speak truthfully and sincerely in this next round of sordid interrogation. If she does not, an army of aberrations much like these- will march on her village and raze carnal havoc for her and her tribe! To this, your captive straightens upright instantly, quivers with wide eyes and displays shrill attentiveness. You have her attention...

OCC- Good to be back, team. This quarantine has severely crippled my creative daily routine. But we must push forward. I must adapt. Lettuce continue!

__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 05-23-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,767
Making friends and influencing enemies
right-aligned image
The following hours spent on the road, Illeryces received the advice to look outside, to try and use her eyes to make sense of the movement she was undergoing. But that only seemed to make her feelings of discomfort more urgent. Prestidigitations offered some measure of relief, and so she mostly occupied herself with those. Despite her upset stomach, the laughing penetrated the walls of the carriage, and lured the young woman to the window time more than once. Time and again she liked the view as much as her old wounds and the method of transportation. For now, all she could do was look. Without Larvamada the lion's share of her armada was unaccounted for, and he was seriously injured and banished rather than dismissed like usual. She honestly didn't know if summoning once again would work just like that.

Eventually Illeryces grew tired of her pent up frustration with these ever more aggressive gnolls, her feelings of inaptitude and her motion sickness. Eventually, she had enough and thought to give it direction. The obvious target, ofcourse, would be Matthias' Prize Prisoner. After gathering up the non-driving part of the group and toroughly demonstrating to the prisoner who's in charge, she seemed to be more receptive at least.

She cracked her index finger by pushing down in it with her thumb. After the resulting crack, she stretched her throat before she spoke: "Yes... I very much don't think you're in a position to make any demands." As she said that, she pointed towards her summoned festrog. Illeryces wouldn't be Illeryces if she didn't also offer some sarcasm and snark: "Well, unless those demands would be 'No, please, no mistress, don't cut off my fingers, I'll tell you everything you want to know.' " She mocked the princess' voice during hypothetical plea, with little more tact than a child mocking their parent for not giving them a certain sweet.

After motivation, came demands, allthough there weren't so many demands that Illeryces wanted to make per se, just a couple. "Allright, Bethany let's hear what's happened that's given your clan the balls to start raiding on a scale like this." She kneeled down, and fidgetted with her feathered shoulderpiece a bit. Before long, she detatched the penangular brooch that held it to her shoulder and showed it to the captive: "See this? Came from a strix named Sliverist. Held a sword to my throat and now he's dead and I wear his feathers for a trophy. You're not the first to threaten to kill me, you won't be the last." She cracked her fingers again, to lend an image to the coming concrete threats: "Look, you like having fingers, and I'm honestly none too thrilled at the idea of taking them. It's messy, loud and surprisingly difficult. So you tell us what we want to know, and I'll save us both a whole lot of discomfort."


OoC
Dice Intimidate: I feel like this is in order.:
1d20+10 (8)+10 Total = 18

__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-17-2020, 04:05 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,012
4pm - Day2of3 travel - Septembre 4th
left-aligned image

The illicit cracking of threatening fingers causes your Princess captive to flare her nostrils in anger and defiance. She squirms in her confines. She grunts subtly under her breath, possibly trying to bolster her position. But alas, she is stuck. There's no way around it, and she knows it. "You's do-gooders make me SICK!!"-- followed by another sailing clump of spittle that hits the floor. But not at your faces. She wouldn't dare test you all again, and it's obvious in these interactions.

With a further contorted expression of snarls and sinister growls she reluctantly speaks out again, "Dis' land is ours..."

"You's civilized have fed off our's land long enough."

As she speaks her maleficent words with eyes of piercing daggers, you all can spot the two articles that fell from her possession by Illercyes just before the second gnoll resurgence. The mundane dagger and the ring lie unattendend behind her.
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-23-2020, 03:39 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,175

Matthias checks that Silvermare and their goblin pilot are all right (& relays the same to Mari). Afterward, they come to one mind that their prisoner has many further questions to answer.

The boy frowns a little at the (arguably excessive) theatrics from Ille. While it is getting some mixed results, he is not sure how effectively it is helping. Matthias picks up the discarded dagger and ring. Giving them a quirked brow, he lifts them for a closer look. "Celica, Ille, I know that you found nothing in your last check. Is there any way to glean if something is trying to hide some magic on these pieces? Like with the ruby daggers."

Moving over by their prisoner, he cocks his head with a pensive look. "My friend can get somewhat drastic. You can treat with her. Or you can treat with me, lady." Crouching down, Matthias peers at her. "Now then, we'll ignore why a territory dispute means that you can suddenly start robbing travelers. ... Instead, how did a human mage end up the princess of a gnoll clan? And how are these gnolls shadowing us so quickly? How did that large party find and set upon us so soon after capturing you?"
ActionsPick up the dagger and ring.
Play good cop:
Dice Diplomacy (with Guidance):
d20+16+1 (2)+16+1 Total = 19


 
__________________
Happy Easter!
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 05-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 4925
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,767
Illeryces wasn't pleased to see how the alleged princess remained struggling, though she had to admire the tenacity. In the middle of this admiration she found herself not doubting the quality of her threats, she'd made enough to have at least one work at least adequately well, but instead wondered wether her threats worked too well. Maybe she really doesn't know anything. And is just scared of her life the moment we learn she's no use for us. Still, there was something about the attempts on her life that left the summoner unable to simply dose down on the increasingly colourful threats and idle banter. She was a bit glad when Matthias procured the ring and dagger and asked the witch pair to identify them. She was much less than glad at Matthias' stubborn incistance on shortening her name and made sure to stress the second half of her name when she responded. "Il-le-ry-ces, and sure, I'll have a look." She had to hold back to keep from clapping with each syllable to stress that her name consisted of four, but somehow managed.

Before the artist left the room Illeryces grabbed Celica by the arm. With her back turned towards the captive she whispered some words to Celica "I don't believe she knows much. Might just try and look important to stay alive. Don't let Matthias do anything strange. You can allways use the dagger if she's witholding anything from us, I doubt it's too unethical."

Illeryces made her way back to the central hallway, and looked outside briefly before turning away from the window. She had some ideas on how the ring worked, and was quite keen to prove herself right to everyone. After activating her magical sight and seeing if it was instantly harmful to the bearer, she slipped it on. Right, so she managed to keep a dagger hidden. And the ring's magical. Maybe it's a ring of holding. Before long the artist found herself trying to stuff the knife into the ring with a number of magical sounding words. "Abracadabra. Eniri. For. Sako. Tenu." She went on a bit more, before trying some more conventional deductions based on the presence of magical auras.

Frustrated with the prisoner, and maybe the ring and dagger too, Illeryces moved for the exact opposite of Mari's landship: The cockpit. Or perhaps the sauna would be a better name for the room. Illeryces was quite surprised to find the undine has managed to fit a tub of water into the steering room, but ultimately dispelled it. "How do you do this?" Asked the artist, "How do you just, design some colossal contraption of metalwork and wood and somehow manage to convince it to move. If there was any magic involved I'd blame that, but this ain't that."

OoC
Dice Spellcraft: What's this ring do?:
1d20+7 (18)+7 Total = 25
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada - Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Aaron - Illiterate wannabe - Ion - Megalomania incarnate
I got a job, I love having a job (even if it's just a cassier job), especially in quarantine! So if I'm not posting, might be 'cause I don't have time management skills.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-27-2020, 07:43 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 7165
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 8,649
Mari&Celica
right-aligned image
Considering the masses of gnolls surrounding the roads to their destination, it would do no good for Mari to let up on this accelerated pace. Fortunately, even without her straining herself, the vehicle has a speed that moves faster and further than a gnoll voice can shout warnings. So, once the burning energies are quelled, she can maintain regular concentration on continuing the operation of the engine. Hopefully this time, nothing breaks that cripples them in what sounds to be the midst of a gnoll army.

Mari has no duty drilling prisoners, so she keeps her head in the present. Though worries about their destination, and whether or not they should even arrive.


left-aligned image

Being present, making sure Illeryces didn't go overboard was much of her job. But then again, with the situation as it is, the witch has a growing, sneaking suspicion that keeping this captive will do no good for anyone present. She was quiet up until now, but then Illeryces grasped her arm. Before she let out a word of protest, the half-elf began whispering in conspiratorial tones. She sighs and responds aloud, "He won't. I'm more worried about you doing strange things."

After the half-elf left, Celica resumed her position, standing out of the way, and looking pleasant while the princeling worked his own magic, though it did seem his silver tongue was sounding more like lead of late. Must be the stress.


"How this works?" Mari looks up from the somewhat small metallic device in the center of the room that she is kneeling before. Her hands are covering the only access port, but something is indeed happening, after all, four cylinders are constantly, visibly churning the air inside the capacitor. She blinks at Illeryces's sudden interest, "It's quite simple really. With enough pullies, you can lift anything in the world. This is just an example of how to multiply force on a rapid scale. To put it in another way, yo know how when you push an object to make it move, and you need bigger or more muscles to make objects move? Well, this is just replicating adding tons of muscle by many metal levers." She looks back at the engine, "Though I am cheating a little by using aether muscle that far exceeds most normal person's strength and multiplying it to push along such a massive object."

 
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Today, 12:41 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is online now
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 7474
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,012
4pm - Day2of3 travel - Septembre 4th
left-aligned image

hocking silence grips the air tightly as the still moments linger on for what feels like an endless eternity. A swaying lamp bobs back and forth in the center of the room shedding uneasy light on the tenuous scene. The Prince's words, his poignant questions just a moment ago have absolutely cut the scene in half. They are astute, they were penetrating, cutting directly to the point, and your prisoner can only stare back in absolute disdain, furiousness! She grinds her teeth further, eyes a piercing black darkness. She contorts, writhing in her confines, incredibly agitated, restless, Rageful... sexual even... weird. You can all assume that she has been called out, that she is up against the proverbial wall, nowhere to flee! There's no way out of this one...





In the hallway, Il-le-er-cyes herself, mistress of madness, fiddles with the mysterious ring. It's a dull silver of a mirror-like shine, very curious indeed. She slides it on-- nothing happens. She speaks some choice words-- nothing happens. She pokes the dagger attained along side the ring, inside the loop-- nothing happens... Rolled "Use Magic Item skill" for Ille. >>Roll did not pass DC. Ille already rolled spellcraft to identify ring in prior posts, and did not pass DC. Still no info available. Current rolls linked bellow.Darn. Ille then hears some strange sounds coming from the previous room.





Finally after your prisoner takes a sickening moment to bolster her venom, she ... slithers some choice words, "You’s ... won’t ... get ... me … you's FILTH!!" She looks completely mad! Absolutely deranged beyond comprehension. Then suddenly, in the blink of an eye(!), she rears back like a posturing snake-- and ”SHRIEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!”%@^%#^&@

She lets out the loudest cry of viper-like SQUEEELING!! Walls shake! Your eardrums pierce like needles!! Silvermare staggers back! Gut’threek on the roof sounds to have just fallen off his chair in bewilderment. Ille’s conjured gnoll zombie shuffles back to give space, but before it can get too far the shrieking prisoner arches back once again and launches forward a wanton, carnivorous, savage BITE-attack with her wide-open, gaping MAW-- that comes down hard on the conjured gnoll’s shoulder! Holy Crickets! The scene is wildly out of control. The Tribes woman then squirms and wiggles with further MADNESS, her powerful jaw still tightly latched down on the reeling gnoll. She grips and tears with her teeth and tries her best to wrench a chunk of dead flesh free from the gnoll's shoulder-- HOW HEINOUS!-- much like a bloodthirsty crocodile thrashes about, tearing at its prey! …

"This is sheer madness, Team!"-- Silvermare cups her mouth in absolute fright beholding the scene! "What are we to do!?! She’s deranged beyond civility! We may not get anything more out of her. What are we to do!?"





SLAAAMM!!-- Your whole vehicle staggers roughly as if a collision(!), but still continues to lumber on. Your hearts pound out of your chests. What in the world was that!?!? Then, "SORRRRRYY..." It's Mari calling out from the cock-pit! She calls out again, "SORRRY-- I hit a gnoll..."


OOC- Celica's finds on ring in prior post before gnoll resurgence:
 

- Celica's previous rolls
- Ille's current rolls
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; Today at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB