Game Thread Symphony of the Night - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Memorial
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
As you place your hands on the Cocoon, you can hear violent heart beats. Almost booming to life. There's definitely something living in there. The Heartbeats are too rapid for a human's (and by Human's I mean Elf's, Dwarf's, Gnome's..etc) normal heart rate.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
Hmmm... Majas turns to his party and relays the rapid heart rate of the cocoon's contents. He thinks on the matter. Small animals tend to have faster heart rates than humanoids, particularly at rest; but this object is nine feet in height..

He stands there for a minute, looks at his group and re-draws his bow. Well, I say we listen to Malcolm and get a change of scenery. Any takers for the room with the blue door, closest one down the hall from us? Unless someone has another suggestion.
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-14-2014, 02:46 PM
bherman1325's Avatar
bherman1325 bherman1325 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2014
RPXP: 32
bherman1325
Posts: 59
Let's try the blue door. Malcolm scoffed as he walked out of the room. All this time wasted exploring these pointless rooms when he had originally suggested the blue door. He waited in the hallway casually for the party to reassemble. The sooner we find out what's going on here the better. But I say even when we do meet our gracious host, we don't let our guard down. This place is more and more ominous after every threshold.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:47 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-03-2019
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
Rundan lingered. She did not like the feel of this place, more so than she ever liked the feel of grandiose castles and expansive rooms. She came from a small home, and she preferred things that way. Small and cozy and not… this.

She rubbed the handle of her axe for comfort as she lingered in doorways, not quite so interested in crossing the threshold as her fellows. She examined the cocoon from a distance,
Dice Knowledge Arcana and Dungeoneering:
1d20+7 (7)+7 Total = 14
1d20+7 (20)+7 Total = 27
thinking back through her studies for what might exist in a cocoon that big. Certainly bigger than her, and she wasn't so certain she wanted to stick around and find out.

"I almost say we call it a wash, at least in the snow we know what's coming for us." The dwarven woman commented as they regrouped in the main hall, stepping aside to let them through the doorway and nudging it closed when everyone was past.
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
"I Agree with Mistress Rundan, we should leave this place. I don't think the masters here take kindly to uninvited guests." Angela says as she grabs hold of Rundan's arm, her fright apparent.

"Don't speak Nonsense, this feeling is nothing but an Illusion, your own insecurity reflected by the surroundings. Most of us want to continue to the blue door, so I say we go there. I'll lead on. " Mikael quickly discards Angela's words as mere superstition, as he opens the door. However, as he opens the door, he releases a gust of wind that knocks the door back and smashes it against the wall, releasing a loud BAMM noise, which vibrates the nearby shelf, knocking down an old plate, which smashes into the Gramophone and accidentally causes it to stop playing.

When the music stops, you hear a loud, stern, harsh shriek. A Horrifying" YHEAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH "From above, which causes Angela to jump frantically and run towards the main gates, which she tries to open in futility, as it refuses to budge. "The Door! It's locked, it won't open!" Angela Cries, as Mikael attempts to save her breath "Calm down! No need to panic! I-It was just... What was that?"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-17-2014, 04:12 PM
bherman1325's Avatar
bherman1325 bherman1325 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2014
RPXP: 32
bherman1325
Posts: 59
Malcolm spun around quickly, his sword pointing at the door they had just came from. I think whatever was resting in that cocoon has awoken. He looked to the others to see what they might be preparing for. Chances are, it finds it's way out here. And I don't want whatever it is sneaking up on us. I say we act now and take it by surprise. If you all are up for it that is. Malcolm did his best to not let his nerves show, trying to keep the sword from trembling in his grip.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
Majas nods at Malcolm and readies his bow. He protectively steps around Rundan as she ponders the coccooned monstrosity. He whispers to Malcolm or whoever is standing closest to him, I'm going to try hiding in some shadows from a distance, see if I can get a bead on whatever might rear its ugly head. He looks for possible concealment and steadies his longbow in the direction of the cocoon, from a distance as far-back in the area as possible.

Dice Stealth:
1d20+5 (18)+5 Total = 23


 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-17-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I may have misread Hanz' post; Majas aims at cocoon.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:42 AM
Draig Enaid's Avatar
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid is offline
Spirit of the Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 1511
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid
Posts: 1,619
Hamish swears under his breath. Pulling his crossbow off his shoulder, he readies it, and pulls out one of his many contraptions, Guardian Dronea little drone, to keep it ready.

As prepared for what ever is coming as possible, he
Dice Perception:
1d20+11 (19)+11 Total = 30
glances behind him to see through the opened blue door.
__________________
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they’re out to get you, it means you think you matter. - Gilbran Quail

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-03-2019
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
"I dunno about you laddie but thas the best illusion I ever seen." Rundan spoke brusquely, gripping her waraxe as she slid into a sturdy stance with which to swing it if she needed, her other hand at the ready for any number of spells. "Not a thing about this place can be trusted, 's magic everywhere, seeping from everything. I would suggest again that we skedaddle. Quickly." Of course they'd obviously already been noticed, so it was probably not a worthwhile attempt to flee.

"Now leggo' lass, can't swing with you hanging from me like that." She spoke quieter to Angela, soothing as her gruff voice and wary tone could be in a time like this, she didn't want to hurt the girl.
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Peering through, Hamish looked into the room. There wasn't much inside it, it was a rather bland and square room with some tables and chairs, a raggedy old rug, and a door leading further in. However, what caught the whole party by surprise is the ominous silence that shook the place after they all did what they had planned to do. Nothing leaped at them from the darkness or sliced through them with a hacking saw, all was well here in the Mansion. However, the scared looks are still on both Angela and Mikael's faces.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
The brave ranger steps back out of the shadows and rejoins his merry band. He is glad to have perhaps hid himself in wait so successfully, and only wishes it was for a more useful purpose. He only hopes it was impressive-looking enough.

Well it would seem our host, if there IS one, enjoys the art of illusion. Majas sheathes his bow yet again, the strap upon his back getting much more action so far today than the bow itself is enjoying. He brandishes a compass from his pocket. Let's see if where we can at least get a sense of direction here. Really, he has no interest in knowing "true north," as much as if the magicks here even allow for the compass to work. Anything to give us some clue of the nature to this place.

Well we can check out this room or regroup (again) and try one of the other areas within these halls. I will defer and follow the group's lead in that regard. I suspect at some point we'll find something. Or, something will find us.

Waiting for the whole of his formidable friends to chime-in, Majas drops to the ground and looks for tracks and such.

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-24-2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Just good ol' proofreading, that's all.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
To our brave Ranger's surprise and confusion, the Compass' dial seems to be spinning continuously to no end. His tracking skill doesn't seem to help him all that much, especially with all that fake food smell covering his nosebuds.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM
bherman1325's Avatar
bherman1325 bherman1325 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2014
RPXP: 32
bherman1325
Posts: 59
I'm thinking this place wants us to continue forward. Malcolm says hesitantly, walking to the blue door. His skin crawled the closer he got. Part of him wanted to just put this place up in flames and hope who- or whatever was in this place would be drawn outside to an equal playing field. And at least the fire would keep them warm...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Draig Enaid's Avatar
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid is offline
Spirit of the Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 1511
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid
Posts: 1,619
Hamish follows behind Malcolm, searching around for anything suspicious or more out of the ordinary then usual.
__________________
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they’re out to get you, it means you think you matter. - Gilbran Quail

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB