Game Thread Chapter 1: Get Her Flying - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Requiscat in Pacem: A Serenity Game
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Saratek's Avatar
Saratek Saratek is offline
Feels Bad for Corona Beer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-06-2020
RPXP: 11841
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posts: 9,461
Deacon was a few deep by this point, but knew trouble brewin when he saw it. Standing up slowly from his seat, Deacon steadied himself on the back of his chair before stumbling on over to Tab with a shot in one hand and a beer in the other. He stopped abruptly with an arm around her shoulders, “Now, hunny, I told you that they weren’t worth the trouble. They too young, dumb, and full of come to ever know what to do with a woman like you.” Pulling his arm from around her, he downed the shot and tossed the glass onto the table the young men occupied. Placing his arm back around Tab, “Now come back over and have a drink with me, I’m buyin.”
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.~Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-24-2020
RPXP: 9746
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 19,553
Devon takes a sip of the new beer he got to replace the ashy one he'd drained. Placing paper currency down to pay for the drink he swings his head around when he sees Deacon make his way drunkenly across the room. His eyebrows arch when he registers the slurred speech, following his groping hands closely, before casting a sidelong glance at Hu Li.

"So, I was on standby the kick their asses, but I could kick his without much remorse."
__________________
Who is truly a hero?
One who will lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame. For one person. In the dark, where no one will ever know or see.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 PM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-29-2016
RPXP: 4540
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,388
The sheperd sitting next to Hival gives a small nod and finishes his drink before standing up and going to the bar next to Hu-Li and quietly whispering in her ear.


The eldest of the gang is a gangly ginger sort, his pale, freckled face smudge with dirt and soot like the others. Arrete, mop-top!” he says to Deacon, ”Where you takin' that fine beau selle?” His gang grin at each other and laugh as their leader theatrically resettles himself in his chair and pats his leg. ”Lady wanted some peace and quiet, well that's all good, but we think we deserve the chance to propose an alternative. So whaddaya say, “Ol' Tab”, why don't I show you just how mature I am?” he finishes with a leer. The gang laughs at the last bit, a few of them even pulling hitting the table with tools and mugs. Though there are only nine of them, they sport an impressive amount of metal implements in their pockets and toolbelts.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
tsavatar's Avatar
tsavatar tsavatar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-27-2012
RPXP: 8813
tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar
Posts: 5,298
Pushing Deacon Back into his seat Tab turned towards the rowdy boy. Walking behind him and placing her arms on the back of his seat she leans in to whisper in his ear, gently touching her lips to it as she says. A wise man once told me that a good horse runs even at the shadow of a whip. Run Horsie, Run!

Tab reached for the man's nose with lightning speed, grabbed and tugged hard, accompanying the pull with a palm hit to the chest.

OOCNow that was a shitty roll. Bring the pain.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,354
In answer to the whisper in her ear, Hu Li nods once, almost imperceptibly, her eyes following the unfolding drama with Tab, Deacon and the local gang.

"Might be we could chew on a piece of business," she answers back, her voice soft. Her eyes flash over to him for half a second, then return to her crew. "Take it as a kindness if you'd give me just a minute," she tells him.

Seeing Tab suddenly start wrestling with the boy who's likely the leader of the gang, she whistles once - loud, piercing, the kind of thing to put a shift whistle to shame, counting on it to attract their attention, if only for a moment. As soon as the leader's eyes fall on her, she pats the pistol on her thigh and shakes her head at him.
OOCNot sure if I'll actually have the time to do any of this before they respond to Tab, but figured it was worth a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 36130
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 28,401
Upon noticing Tab's swift response to the hooligan, Hival stood up. It was a very deliberate action, allowing himself to just barely show that within his suit pockets he had some metal of his own. A gang member that looked his way could likely tell it wasn't either end of a standard gun he was carrying, but he was sure that none of them could completely rule out that he might have some kind of laser weapon or bomb.

He just stared at the first one that tried to give him a closer look. He stared and smiled.

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 PM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-29-2016
RPXP: 4540
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,388
Tabitha's quick action yanks the hooligan out of his chair and straight into her rigid arm, throwing him back again so hard that he topples his own seat. The other gang members laugh and hoot at his misfortune punctuated by a short smattering of applause from the regular drunks over by the bar. The gang leader shoots back to his feet, but the creepy, silent man showing metal makes him keep his mouth shut and he storms out the door and into the night. One or two of the boys follow him, but the rest stay put and turn their attention back to their drinks, even if their volume does drop noticeably.

Over by the bar, the clergyman says "Back of the general store, you and Hival, 20 minutes."

(assuming no one has anything else to interject between then and now....)

The space behind the general store is exactly what one would expect for this sort of transaction. It's dark, concealed from almost every view, and has enough room and spare crates for more than a few people to stay. The clergyman stands there with a holstered pistol in plain view on his belt that he didn't have before. At his side is a metal cross-hatch crate with what looks like a number of small boxes inside. As Hival and Hu Li approach, he says "Any weapons on the ground, please," and pulls out his own pistol by the barrel to prove his point.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-03-2010, 05:57 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 36130
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 28,401
Hival slowly pulls out a few tools, and a couple of odd ship parts. He places them on the ground, and does a not-at-all quick 360 turn so the clergyman can see that he carries no firearms.

Last edited by zevonian; 10-03-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 PM
tsavatar's Avatar
tsavatar tsavatar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-27-2012
RPXP: 8813
tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar
Posts: 5,298
(inside, at the bar)

I was just trying to prove a point, really. Tab said to the bartender while drinking her second soda bottle. Usually i do not get involved unless somebody is getting hurt. But these boys... They reminded me of myself when I was their age. All wild and trying to act stupid. it almost killed me... I'd hate it for your boys to walk that path.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,354
Once it becomes clear the local gang isn't planning on causing any grief with Tab, Hu Li relaxes again, nodding her agreement to the shepherd and turning back to her drink, given that she's got 20 minutes to kill.

"Might be a bit of a surprise to you," she says offhandedly to Devon. "But that actually ain't the first time a shepherd's sauntered up to me in a bar and asked me to come see him in an alley."

She orders another drink and lights up a second cigarette, enjoying both before the time comes to leave. "Take it as a kindness if you'd make sure Deacon here don't drown more than his troubles," she says with a lopsided grin to Devon, shrugging on her jacket. "Ain't back in half an hour, something's sure gone wrong. So come get me."

Walking alongside Hival out to the alley, she tries her best to look calm and casual, but she can't help but feel on edge, her eyes darting from shadow to shadow looking for anything amiss.

At the shepherd's request, she pulls her pistol from its holster and drops it a few feet from her - if possible close to something that could be used for cover if need be. She follows Hival's example, taking off her jacket and turning once in place. "Ain't the first time a shepherd's wanted me to do this neither," she reflects with a tiny smirk crinkling the corners of her mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-24-2020
RPXP: 9746
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 19,553
Devon's slack jawed disbelieving stare is more than enough invitation for Hu Li's comment about the preacher. Too stunned Devon probably would have punched the man if she hadn't said something.

"Yeah? Creepy clergy."
Devon fiddles with his wrist watch, setting a timer. "Half an hour. Don't have too much fun." Spinning in his stool he leaves his second beer half drunk, but continues to enjoy his cigar. Leaning his elbows on the bar again he watches Deacon. "Wonder if this town's got wake up ditches."
__________________
Who is truly a hero?
One who will lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame. For one person. In the dark, where no one will ever know or see.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-29-2016
RPXP: 4540
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,388
The bartender laughs a bit at Devon's quip and answers "No ditches, just places where we throw the goh suh."

Outside, the shepherd nods and opens one of his crates, kneeling down and laying out a drop cloth. He points to the other side and gestures for the two to sit as he continues to unpack. One crate holds several small boxes, some labeled in Alliance code. The other box is sealed shut, but the label clearly states "VTOL". At first glance, it looks like almost everything needed for the quick repair jobs is here. The pale, narrow-faced man looks up and says "Pretty much everything, right Hival? Now what I need to know is if your lot can deliver a body and blow up some stuff in return. Not like this is unfamiliar work for your sort, judging by that ship."
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:44 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 36130
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 28,401
Hival sits and watches the shepherd open the crate. Since the man knows him by name, he supposes that the man knows how he communicates. A flurry of button pushing ensues, all while seated, and within sight of the helpful stranger. "Need. Examine. Parts. Close. While.You. Two. Discuss. Stuff."
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-04-2010, 08:29 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-24-2020
RPXP: 9746
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 19,553
"That's what I mean, we dump them with it so that the ship doesn't stink when they vomit. That's how it worked in the good old days." Devon takes a long drag on his cigarello. He speaks as he breaths it out. "That or we shot them." Making a grimace Devon shakes his head.

"I'd never hear the end of it." Devon mutters. "Hey D." he calls out, to entertain himself, "you dropped your pocket."
__________________
Who is truly a hero?
One who will lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame. For one person. In the dark, where no one will ever know or see.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,354
"Don't go scrawlin' your name on nothin' just yet, dohn-ma?" Hu Li warns Hival, glancing around at the supplies waiting in the alley. Everything they needed, just sitting right here waiting. Waiting for what? For she and hers to do whatever this fool had in mind needed doing. Of course, there was just him, far as she could tell. If he wanted more than she had to give, Hu Li thinks darkly, not above a little gwai to take without paying.

"Shiny," she says, no longer looking at the gear, but straight into the man's eyes as she steps closer to him, stopping just a few feet away. "Now, suppose you fill in a few of the details come up missin' before my mechanic back there falls in love?"
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB