Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Requiscat in Pacem: A Serenity Game
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 06:46 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9746
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Devon passes up the ATV, returning to Tabitha's call.

"So what's the plan?"
Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4540
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Deacon manages to find a small metal rod that fits fairly well and a few tests show that it's done the trick. Luckily he finishes as soon as Hu Li calls and jumps into the pilots seat, warming up the engine. From the engine room, the main turbine rattles to life and the ship shakes as it powers up. Down below, Rémy loads up his truck with the last shotgun rack and waves as the crew spills into the ship and the cargo ramp begins to rise. As the scrapper drives away, the Firefly lurches into the air and Deacon guides it away with no particular direction, but quickly puts a good distance between them and Maison Legion. In the bay, the rest of the crew has to carefully manhandle sharp-edge sheet metal into straps and bins to keep it from falling around.

Tabitha shirks this hauling and ambles up to the cockpit where a quick fiddle with the communications panel brings up the face of a ragged-looking man dressed in what was once fine a fine silk shirt. ”Well heya, look who it be. Tabby, how can the Chuckster help you today?”
Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8813
tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar
Tab cleans the dust off her flowery kimono and waves at the man on the vidscreen.

"Hello, Chuck. You're looking mighty fancible..." Smiling, she continued "Sorry for the abrupt call but I have a favour to ask of you. I'm trying to get a small freighter that I have a share in off-world." she turned the vidscreen away from anybody else in the room and leaned back in the comm console chair. "The crew I've got is fixing her up mighty quick but we're missing a few parts." She uploaded the parts list to the man as she said this and brushed a lock of hair off her brow.

"Now" she said grinning "One honest businessperson to another, do you think you can find out where one can acquire such parts?"

Last edited by tsavatar; 08-04-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Devon does his best not getting decapitated as he unloads scrap while under way. He does his best to carry on with small talk, but with Hu Li as his partner that goes almost no where. Once finished he has himself a cigarette in the airlock.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:17 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36130
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Hival silently busies himself with repairs. He goes about his work based on his own prioritized list, attempting to place parts and tools upon what all will get and keep them off the ground, and then what all will get them out of atmo.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Watching, always watching

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
As the ship lurches and pitches, shaking and rumbling in its takeoff, Hu Li goes back to work trying to get everything the others just brought in stowed away where it won't kill anyone from flying around.

Pushing the last piece of plating into place once the tumult of the liftoff has turned into a deep and vaguely disturbing trembling running throughout the ship, she sits down heavily, lighting a cigarette and taking a deep drag.

"Done good," she tells Hival and Devon with a breathless nod toward what they found, frowning slightly at the realization Tab left them here to work and ran off to do - Lord knows what. Sucking the heel of her hand where the razor edge of a plate cut it open, she gives herself a minute before taking a deep breath and getting back to the business of being a captain - a business she doesn't know much about.

When she looks up again, both of them have wandered off.

"Yeah, I'm doin' a shiny job bein' ruttin' captain," she tells herself. But since there's not much to be done with repairs until the ship touches down again, she leaves them to whatever they're doing and heads for the cockpit.

"That you shakin' the ship so much?" she asks Deacon as she walks in, the tone in her voice enough to tell him she's joking.
OOCWhat's this about Hu Li not talking? She talks all the time, just generally doesn't say much.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:14 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Devon snuffs out his cigarette before he was halfway done. Crumpling the whole thing right into the bulkhead he leaves it there to get carried away by wind. He hated cigarettes anyway, preferring the tightly rolled and flavored 100s or cigarellos. He just isn't sure when he'll get paid next, needed to stop his hands from shaking. Cigarettes were cheaper.

Cruising past Hival, Devon doesn't stop to talk, knowing full well it's pointless, and straight into the galley. Idly he rummages for something to eat, finally settling on a small tube of teryaki 'chicken' protein paste. Sucking idly at the tube he slowly wanders up to the cockpit to see what the rest of the crew is up to.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Tainted Silver Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 907
Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon
James felt his gloves taking the punishment of the razor sharp sheets of metal. Everyone helped to secure the spare parts except for the pilot for obvious reasons and Tabitha. Normally he could understand at least a small portion of why people acted and did the things they did, especially women, but Tabitha was a special case. He would look into it later perhaps. Once they were done securing the parts, he began wandering the ship in search of something to do. He needed something to do and quick; he could already hear the whispers coming back to his mind.

"Not again..." he thought to himself before heading straight to his bag which he had left in the cargo bay. Without a second's thought, he grabbed the hardly touched whiskey decanter and headed to the kitchen to drink some of it. The voices were growing louder and louder and with each interval of volume he sped up more. His hand shook while he grabbed an empty tin can to pour his drink into. The initial sip was somewhat fruity, but the second sip was normal enough. Slowly the voices began to fade once again as his mind was preoccupied by the sudden sprinting and drink. He sat down on the stairs and rubbed his eyes with his free hand, taking a sip of his drink every few seconds until the voices finally died away.

Last edited by Feirnon; 08-07-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Feels Bad for Corona Beer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11841
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
“I know you’re kidding, ride’s so smooth if ya weren’t lookin’ out the window, you’d swear we were on the ground.” Deacon respondes to the new captain’s joking. They had been flying a bit now, and it seemed as if they were in the clear. The interesting part was how crowded the small bridge had gotten in such a short amount of time. Captain was standing behind Deacon, new first-mate Devon was in the doorway sucking down a tube of god-knows-what, and that odd Tabitha woman was in the co-pilot’s chair using the only ruttin’ thing that worked at it, the cortex console. If it hadn’t been for the ever present issue of not being space-worthy yet, she’d have to find other means. Deacon had no complaints though, she was trying her part in finding some of the technical parts he needed for his cockpit.

“Well, Captain,” Deacon said with a smile. He was enjoying calling her that far too much, “Where you figuring on having me set this ol’ girl down? Figure you and your new first-mate must have somewhere in mind?” Deacon looked over his shoulder slightly, just to see the reaction on Devon’s face as he is bombarded with the idea that he was the new first-mate whether he really wanted it or not. Li and Devon were the only two that could have a chance of commanding respect on the ship, so it was fitting that they were thrust into their new roles. Wasn’t going to be the same bird without Sullah and Slade, but maybe this was a chance of at a new beginning still for the remaining ‘lucky’ crew.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4540
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
"Well, parts you want, generic enough, but the question is you want em fresh-new or second-hand? Might make a bit of difference, you understand." Chuck says, his personable smile tinged with a hint of greed.

A quick glance at a map shows several small towns within quick flight time. Most are small villages similar to Maison Legion. The closest town with any reasonable industry is a small space-port named DeClerq. From the look of the surrounding land it isn't much more than a trans-shipment point, but it's only two hours flight away and could have what's needed.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
"I've never once slept with Hu Li Deacon." It's moments like these that remind the other crew members why Devon doesn't have so many friends as acquaintances. If his face wasn't as stoic and serious as the grave it would be easy to pass off the remark as a joke, except nothing in his inflection or body language spells otherwise. It's just another of those weird things Devon says and doesn't seem to realize himself that it's unsettling. "But I do know that if we touch down in another rural arm pit like the last one we'll get off this planet about the same time I'm princess of the universe and wear a tiara. Take us to the space port where we might find the parts we need and can actually buy what we can't find. There's a difference between a junk yard and a junk yard. We don't have time for the latter." Devon wriggles out of the top of his coveralls, still hot from moving all that scrap. He ties it around his waist and shakes the brown blue sun t-shirt, shifting his pistol and shoulder holster to scratch and itch.

"Do we know what's in that briefcase yet?"
Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar tsavatar
Tabitha signals Chuck to wait for a second then freezes the vidscreen and turns to all the others in the cockpit. She waits somewhat impatiently for their conversation to reach a natural pause and intervenes.

Forget the gene-coded piece of Mi Tian Gohn. Let's focus on the ship for now.

She taps the screen impatiently with a fingernail and continues.

Got a man on hold that can fix us up with the needed parts, new or second hand. New might imply a bigger cut for him and possibly some gunwork but might get us good parts and a bit of dough. Second hand parts... She looks around a bit at the torn-up cockpit. Well you probably know about 'em more than me. What do you guys say?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Tainted Silver Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 907
Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon
James set down the empty can on the stairs by his feet while he rubbed his temples. “Gorram things are gettin’ louder every time…” He sat there massaging his temples for a good few minutes before grabbing the can, readjusting his rifle, and heading back to the kitchen to store his impromptu drinking glass. His next moves were somewhat tedious for him, but he did them anyway. With almost dragging feet he grabbed his whiskey decanter and brought it back to his bag in the cargo hold.

“This has got to go somewhere else,” he said to no one in particular while he picked up his pack and brought it through the ship to the crew sleeping quarters. He left it next to the closest hatch down before approaching the busy cockpit just as Tabitha put the comm. on hold with whoever she was calling. “Looks to me that the new parts’ll be the best. I can do the shootin’ if ye need me to, but I’d prefer not to have to kill another man…or woman for that matter.”
Old 08-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Watching, always watching

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Hu Li gives a snort of amusement at Devon's statement - whether he means it as a joke or not she seems to be taking it as one. "Pure truth there. Ain't wrinkled the sheets yet with anyone on this tub." Her voice is casual, completely unoffended, even a little distracted as she looks at the list of potential destinations.

"Truth about where to light too," she taps the name DeClerq on the list. "Like as not we'll be havin' less time to get ourselves comfortsome than we did last place, but damn if it don't look to be the best bet of a long hand." She scowls out the viewport. "Got a hankerin' to see what they got. Take us there."

Crossing her arms under her breasts, she leans back against the bulkhead, apparently intending to ride out the trip right here.

"Tab. This friend you got. Where's he hang his hat and how much you trust him? Don't know as I like the thought of gun work just now. Got me a preference for bein' able to get off a rock before makin' myself too conspicuous-like. Find out what he can give us and what he's wantin', maybe we'll take a spin on by. Everyone else, when we hit dirt on DeClerq we got a job of work. Those what got the know-how see what there's to be had and see about gettin' it welded on. Those what don't - well, ain't none of us can't weld or scrape."

She fishes a cigarette out of her jacket pocket and lights it, spinning it smoldering between her fingers. "Oh, got one thing more. Y'all want to be the sah gwa and make me da jeh da, guess that's how it'll be. But ain't settled on a mate yet."

Old 08-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Tab nods to Hu Li then, unfreezing the vid-screen smiles to the Chuckster.

Well, I guess we don't need all nice and shiny parts if they're bound to cause trouble. If you know a cheap an' easy way to get newer parts i think the crew might be interested in hearing that out, just as long as the likelihood of getting 'em killed ain't too high. We can do business though if the parts ain't at all that new. I have a bit of cashy money and a cargo bay full of crop supplements and electronic bits and bobs if you know anyone interested in trade.

Just like the bad old days... Tab thought, shaking her head. I really need to get off this ship.