Game Thread Symphony of the Night - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Memorial
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
Majas shakes his head not long after Hamish's stomach turns. The gnome intimated he'd not eaten in a while, but the human ranger wasn't so sure about that. I'm pretty sure I saw him scarf-down a wandermeal right before our drop. Or, maybe not.

Looking around the room, Majas realizes the group needed to pick a direction. They were standing amidst the unknown.

Perhaps Hamish is right, maybe it's time for formal introductions; with food cooking, there surely is an attendant nearby, and probably one no more imposing than a standard house chef. Malcolm, I think we're bound to head through that blue door soon, but once we do I think we'll be following on a definite course for a while; probably best we investigate some more seemingly simple rooms first and get them out of the way. So if none disagree and our business is done here, then I say we follow the food scent and see what unfolds.

Majas turns his attention towards the leftmost West room.

oocHanz, would Majas be able to pick-out anything from the crows calling out? As a ranger, might he know why they might be making the specific noise they're making, and if they sound like a distinct animal kept by particular kinds of folks as pets, things like that?
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-06-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:55 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
Rundan paid little attention to the discussion of history and what not between the rest of the group, it wasn't all that odd to her that there might be some bizarre obscurity that had never been fully documented, humans could be rather strange like that. Not like dwarves, dwarves kept track of their families, even if you didn't particularly like them you at least knew where you came from.

And anyway, something else had caught her attention, and if she was being entirely honest she was a mite bit confused about how no one else seemed to think it was unusual. The whole castle was dark and somber, deeply toned woods and even the painting itself was fairly dark. That door though, that door stood out. Things that stood out were either important, or traps, either way they weren't really things she thought should be ignored. "Interesting…" She dwarvenmuttered, taking a few steps away from the rest of the party to get a good view of the room, and the door in particular. "Aye, a good ale 'ld be warming 'bout now." She added absently to the conversation.

Carefully the dwarven woman planted herself, took a deep breath, and waved her hand wide across the room. "Reveal your nature." She Cast Detect Magic until all information revealed, or as long as concentration allows.commanded firmly, with all the
Dice Concentration:
1d20+6 (18)+6 Total = 24
stubbornness her race was renowned for.
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Rundan: No matter how hard you had concentrated, your magic detection just seems to go all over the place. This place is most likely enchanted, top to bottom. The owner must be a powerful wizard, or has access to one at all times, maybe.

As you progress through the Castle, you grasp the cold handles of the double door and open it wide to unravel a sight like which you've never seen.

It was a great dining hall, with a table extending what you could SWEAR was a whole Mile, lined with food of all sorts, Salted pork with Corn and Gravy, Cranberry Sauce Roast Chicken, A Stuffed Turkey which you can smell from several feet away, and a great assortment of the finest (oldest) wine, with delicious desserts lined next to it. Cream Pies, Chocolate Cakes, Strawberry Tarts, Vanilla Sticks, and Fruit Bars as far as the eye can see, your jaw drops as to the slight thought of such an absolute waste of money, but you can't help to think what kind of audience would require this much food. It certainly wasn't you people.

But all that is AFTER you've noticed the Servants. That is, lack there of. Instead there were floating Brooms, Pans, Dusters, and Candlesticks all aligning everything in place and making sure the place is tidy. You've probably seen this kind of magic before, but not on such a wide scale. We're talking hundreds of animated objects cleaning a room and preparing what seems to be a mile long table of food. This certainly is not something you see every day.

To the far West of the room (Up Ahead) is a great fireplace, one made entirely of Marble and Clay Brick, but also lined with a shiny golden frame. Furthermore, a hollow slot is attached to the wall above the fireplace, that in the shape of a shield. Next to the Fireplace is what seems to be a very old Grandfather Clock, ticking away the seconds, it shows the time to be 11:29 PM, North of that is a door that doesn't seem especially noteworthy.

Last edited by Hanz; 01-09-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
Well, a party is surely expected here any moment. Sadly, I doubt that 'party' is us.

Majas moves to the middle of the room. Well, we could check-out some of these other rooms and see if we can find the master of the house, but I say we stay here a few moments and see who's coming dinner.

The ranger moves his gaze to Angela. Angela, how about watching the doorway and letting us know when someone is coming? In the time the remainder of his party deliberates the matter, Majas
Dice Perception check:
1d20+7 (11)+7 Total = 18
has a look about, beginning with the fireplace.
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 PM
bherman1325's Avatar
bherman1325 bherman1325 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2014
RPXP: 32
bherman1325
Posts: 59
What about a bite to eat, or maybe a drink? Malcolm strolled over to the table, eyeing the food. Looks delicious. And for all we know, it's been a few hundred years since the last time we ate! He snickered as he walked back towards the group. Well, unless someone speaks broom, this room might not be of much use to us until we're invited to eat. Malcolm stood by idly, waiting for the group to decide what to do next.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Cain's Avatar
Cain Cain is offline
Gnomish Steamboat Captain
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-04-2015
RPXP: 514
Cain Cain Cain Cain Cain Cain
Posts: 551
"It seems a bit late to be throwing a party." Medea said. "It seems almost like these unseen servants where enchanted and then forgotten years ago. Perhaps they prepare the food, clean the rooms and, when no one shows up to eat, remove it and continue with their tasks.". The place did seem to have an aura of magic to it, as if the entire castle was one large enchanted construct. Given it's size she had to imagine magic was a factor in it's construction. No one had ever built a structure this large without the aid of magic before, as far as she knew.

Galen reached over the table and picked up an apple from one of the bowls. "They'd just throw it all away? What a waste. This table could seat and feed...hundreds, maybe a thousand with how big this place is.". He took a bite of the apple as the utensils around him continued their idle tasks. He looked at Medea sheepishly. "I'm sure the lord wouldn't mind one apple going missing..."
__________________
"The only difference between a microwave transmission array and a maser is how STERNLY you are sending the message..."
-Aquinas, on jury rigging weapons to civilian spacecraft.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
As Galen nibbles on the apple, as soon as it touches his teeth, it seems to crumble into dust, some of it entering his lung and causing him to cough madly. Looking back at the apple, it seems to be nothing more than a hollow shell that turns into dust when any attempt to eat it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Draig Enaid's Avatar
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid is offline
Spirit of the Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 1511
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid
Posts: 1,619
Galen's biting into the apple only feeds into the growing sense of unease that Hamish has been feeling since walking into this room. As his fingers absently wander over his gauntlet, checking function, he mutters, "This place is starting to give me the willies. Let's double back and check the room the music was coming from, and hopefully find the master of this place."
__________________
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they’re out to get you, it means you think you matter. - Gilbran Quail

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Cain's Avatar
Cain Cain is offline
Gnomish Steamboat Captain
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-04-2015
RPXP: 514
Cain Cain Cain Cain Cain Cain
Posts: 551
Galen coughed and sputtered as the apple in his hand suddenly turned to ash, spitting out a mouthful of the vile soot. "It's dead!" He said in between coughs. "Urgh...is all this food just ash?"

"Well, now you know about eating from an uninvited table...and we all know that this castle doe not seem to cater to living guests." Medea said, glancing to the pile of ash on the floor that once was an apple. "Perhaps Hamish is right, the music room might prove a little more lively....however that fireplace seems more alive than the rest of this room right now. Let's hope it isn't dead and cold like the food."
__________________
"The only difference between a microwave transmission array and a maser is how STERNLY you are sending the message..."
-Aquinas, on jury rigging weapons to civilian spacecraft.

Last edited by Cain; 01-10-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
bherman1325's Avatar
bherman1325 bherman1325 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2014
RPXP: 32
bherman1325
Posts: 59
Malcolm was shocked to see the food crumble in the assistant's hand. Well now I'm glad I didn't pour us all a glass of wine! He made his way over to Majas after patting Galen on the back a few times. Make this quick if you could? The less time we spend in this room the better for all of us. Malcolm's unease was apparent. This was not what he had signed up for. Malcolm was looking forward to an academic adventure, now it seemed more and more likely that he may have to use these weapons he had hardly been trained with.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
Having done a cursory search of the room, Majas turns back to his party. Well it seems this place has not much to offer us in the way of fine dining, at least. Let us make our way into another area. Any objections to investigating the music room? Majas was also disturbed ever so slightly but genuinely, at the massive waste with which this mad mage engages. One reason Majas picked a profession in forestry was to avoid cities and all their excess; it seems in this enchanted realm, that same excess bleeds over like an open wound.

The ranger makes his way to the doorway heading back towards the main hall, eager to see what the sweet sound of music is all about.
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-10-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
left-aligned image
As you approach the music room, the power of the music increases, and it's vibrations begin to boom inside your body as sound waves, as you open the door, you begin feeling uneasy, and hesitant, finally opening it to reveal a very spacious, and ominous room. There was not a single window or light source in this room but a candle which set light to a single Phonograph that played this creepy tune.

In the Center of the room you can see a huge 9 foot thick black cocoon hanging from the ceiling, it feels dry and hard to the touch, almost impenetrable, and looks as if it's wrapped around itself to maintain it's concealment.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,002
The music was maddening, but the silence it penetrated was maddening as well. If not more so.

The ranger called Majas Trazden let out a slight sigh of frustration. Normally cool under trying circumstances, his temperature gauge was beginning to boil. He felt like he was fast-becoming a pawn in a crazy wizard' chess game. Truly, he was nobody's pawn. A rook or a knight perhaps, but no pawn.

What manner of insanity is this?! He approached the webbed shell hanging in the room. Hmmm. Sheathing his bow, the stout human feels-around the cocoon with his hands seeing if he can elicit any movement from it at all. And, Majas wasn't sure if he really wanted the object before him to move back, or not.

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 01-11-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
bherman1325's Avatar
bherman1325 bherman1325 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2014
RPXP: 32
bherman1325
Posts: 59
The music was ominous but soothing to Malcolm. I hope I can recall this tune when we return home, I wouldn't mind mastering it myself. He said to no one in particular. He followed the ranger into the room, slinging his crossbow over his back and drawing his longsword from his waste. Whatever that is, I think we should be more concerned about what wrapped it up, assuming it isn't a colossal caterpillar.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Draig Enaid's Avatar
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid is offline
Spirit of the Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-05-2020
RPXP: 1511
Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid Draig Enaid
Posts: 1,619
Hamish couldn't help but mutter, "Yes yes, poke the large, cocoon wrapped, whatever it is. That's a good idea."

Out loud, he instead suggested, "Hopefully whatever is in there is friendly, but I personally would rather not be in a small, enclosed space when it wakes up. Why don't we go back to the main hall and try one of the blue doors instead ?"
__________________
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they’re out to get you, it means you think you matter. - Gilbran Quail

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB