Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Space Odyssey
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 05:37 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5437
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodRosen View Post
Like who else watches this thread?
Old 09-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6033
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
Wow this is amazing. I have my very own thread stalkers. There's an Inem, a Tojara, and a Nommer of Cereal all lurking in this thread. Maybe one day we can start up a conversation about something. I don't know of what just yet but something probably gaming related.

Last edited by GodRosen; 09-04-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Sure, we'll just get some whaling vessels and meet up some time.

Or did you mean "gaming"?
Old 09-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Nommer View Post
Sure, we'll just get some whaling vessels and meet up some time.

Or did you mean "gaming"?
I have no idea what you're talking about. It says "gaming" (after I may or may not have edited it )

Hey my phone has no spell checker so I just type and go
Old 09-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Well way to shoot my IRL high-seas adventure plans out of the water. [╓_╖]

Damn you (lack of) autocorrect, you really took the wind out of my sails.

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 09-04-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4174
Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara
I think I subscribed to this thread eons ago when I still wasn't green with envy waiting for a response. Although I do not remember what the question was.

And well, here I am, seeing you summon Dirkoth as if it were the first time

Last edited by Tojara; 09-05-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
Was it this question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
Hey GR! Where are you from?
Of which I answered with this post?
Quote:
There was a game I GM once upon a millennium ago. This was not restricted to any gaming system, not restricted to any paper or dice, it was simply an open roleplay game. This world had magic and was controlled by an evil archmage. While on his quest to defeat the evil mage the player had the cleaver idea of summoning in real life people. Also another spell he enjoyed casting was turning people to stone. So the player summoned in his brother, then turned him to stone. Then he summoned his ex girlfriend and turned her to stone. At this point this spell combo was a really funny joke and he summoned in me, the GM, then was going to cast the spell to turn me to stone, "but wait!" I told him, "I am the GameMaster of all of this. I have all the secrets and ideas... and cheats." Yeah, he thought that was a clever idea as well. From there we defeated the evil mage and took over the world. What else were we to do if there was no conflict? Well we play games against each other. From there the term GAMEMASTER or if you flip it around and add a little touch of magic the MASTER of GAMES became almost god like in every game the player and I would play in. Eventually it was come to applied to just almighty powerful being as the WHOLE thing was just a GAME and I was the GAMEMASTER. Sadly that world is lost in the past. As my powers grew outside this world I choose myself a name and like all other gods hide my origin story and original name. Where am I from? Well I don't know about you but I think I am from a paradox. Was I ever really mortal? Or when I was summoned into the game did the player originally summon in a god?

OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply. Also if you meant in real life... this wall of text totally did not answer your question . I was born in California but I have lived in Texas most my life. ~Rosen
Or this question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
Why do I see secret text for me in this post? Are you using me in your evil plans again GR? Is this your fault CN?

Howdy GR! I was wandering through the RPGX sourcebook and taking a look at the Juggernaut PRC and didn't know if I should post in that forum. Actually, I didn't know if I should give feedback or not but I'll do it here in any case for now.

I believe this line could be removed as it creates redundancy with the bonus damage ability which seems clearer to me.

Improved toughness? Why does it mention that? Shouldn't it be a prerequisite feat or maybe a bonus feat earned at first level?

I haven't played 3.5 so maybe I'm making some obvious mistake. I also ended up staring for a good while at the PRC that required an intimidate of 13 to classify. Then I remember when I played Neverwinter Nights on PC and the strange skill points at start.
Of which I anwered with this post.
Quote:
Yeah feel free to post that in the thread. the current material folder is for anyone to post in. JJ would probably love someone else helping and participating in helping us determine how we should rule on things
Is there something I am missing?
Old 09-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
Hikari I think the current Class is OP with no actions taken so instead of making it less OP or trying to replace what I told you to remove we will leave it as it and test play it and see if it is really OP or not ok?

Last edited by GodRosen; 09-06-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
GR while I'm here, I remember you had kind of posted interest in the Mario Fate game I was trying to get running.

I had an %80 drop rate when the party first ran into a combat encounter and I'm looking to fill slots. If you're still interested there's plenty of room for additional party members, if not feel free to mention it to any one you know who might be.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
What is the post rate if I may ask?

Also. To my thread stalkers. Cereal is running a game that takes place in the mushroom kingdom. I think its a brilliant idea of a game. Maybe you should check it out. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=169852
Old 09-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
I was shooting for 2-3 times a week, but I had anywhere from between 3-4 a week and 1 every week or two. I have no problem with players posting more often though.

I'm flexible on that though, and 1-2 posts a week could probably keep up. If you're really slow to post you'll probably get NPC'd along with the party.

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 09-06-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
I can probably do 1-2 a week. It'll probably take me a bit to do a character but I'll work on it.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, sounds good. I've got another potential player who's got a character that's in progress so you're in good company. As far as mechanics are concerned you only need a species, high concept & trouble to get started, though if you're intending to jump into a combat you might want a few stunts and approaches too.

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 09-06-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
Old Signature. I should probably update my reason for posting delay.

RPGX Sourcebook: Homebrew material edited to be balanced just right.
My PM Thread: It's also an AMA, go ahead Ask Me Anything
I'm a Community Supporter who's taken the the Oath of Sangus. I'm happy with both decisions.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I am terrible at admitting to myself when I am behind. So I would like to apologize to anyone who is waiting on me. Got a new place, moving things from one place to another. Also have car problems and that has sucked up my free time. Please let me know if you are waiting on me.
I've started Codex Sparks on a Scene 0 while waiting for a third PC. If you're still down for it I've updated requirements for a character to start in FotMK.
Name, high concept and trouble is all that are required to start. I waived the species requirement after seeing that there could be enough overlap in some species choices that it wouldn't have to be set in stone until deciding on stunts.