OOC Planning how you will die - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Tomb of Horrors 5th Edition
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
TomaFox
Planning how you will die

Reserved
Old 08-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 932
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
I read somewhere that you said it would be good to make another character in case ours dies. Do we make a back up on here or on the recruitment thread?
Old 08-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22079
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
"In case"? We have an optimist in the house dungeon!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2657
GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong
LOL! Yeah, I made two right up front, figuring then I'd be ready to toss another one into the fray the moment Taris dies. I hope she doesn't though, because I think Taris is the only cleric, and if it's that deadly, we might need her healing powers! My backup character is a sorcerer.

Here be dragons ...
On indefinite hiatus from gaming ...
Old 08-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2539
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Yeah, I saw only one cleric was made. I rarely play casters of any type, just not good at it. Hmm, what back up to make...
Old 08-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong
I love casters in 5e, especially sorcerers. Clerics and druids are tons of fun too, but deciding which spells to take each day can be a challenge. Sorcerers know what they know all the time, which I find wonderful and sensible. Much easier for me to play. I think we have some paladins, and they have some healing, so hopefully we'll be ok. At least for awhile. Maybe. If we're lucky.

Here be dragons ...
Old 08-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1636
Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator
Yeah, Mazzy's very healing focused. Also, stay within 10' of her at all times if you want to live. +5 to all Saving Throws? Immunity to charm and fear? Yes please!

Toma, we really need our equipment information before we can proceed. That includes the results of our random rolls as well as the pricing table.

Taker of the Oath of Sanginus
Old 08-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, bring on the bling!

Here be dragons ...
Old 08-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
He's probably working on that now.

Hmm, clerics and druids...even though they can change spells whatever want instead of waiting to level like the wiz and Sor, the rare times I play one, I rarely changed, just stayed with the spells.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
I do the same thing. In live games I do my character sheets as a text file so I can attach photos and I bold the spells that are their default choices. Any spell I choose most/all of the time I also write in the spell specifics so that I can easily check the details during play. Using the character sheets here, since it's play-by-post, I just put in the spells that my cleric knows all the time from her domain, and need to make my daily choices for Taris. I'll just write the name of the spells, and since play-by-post gives me time, I can look them up if I have to. It's harder at lower levels where you can't remember many spells each day. Here, at 11th level, I'll be in good shape except for the higher levels. Some tough choices there.

Edited to add: I'm just waiting to choose her daily spell choices until I see what magic items she gets, because that might affect her choices.

Here be dragons ...

Last edited by GryffinSong; 08-24-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22079
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Greetings and welcome to all and sundry! Forgive the verbosity of my first post; I'm finding myself rather more fond of Doctor Fustigore than I'd realized. I shall mourn his inevitable and horrible demise!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:49 PM
with it, sometimes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5141
Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn Grayn
@Tomafox: Are we running with all 13 players in the same group or splitting them up? Also, are we going to get the magic item list? I'm waiting on that to finish outfitting my character.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
Rolzup, speaking for myself, verbosity NEVER needs an apology! Your character is creepy as hell, and absolutely fabulous. I look forward to adventuring with him.

Here be dragons ...
Old 08-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I agree with Gryffin.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
I know we can't finalize things until we know our magic items, and I don't know if we have any planning time before going into the tomb, but at 11th level, most adventurers would probably understand this concept. Taris can perform (assuming she's alive and has the spell slots) up to three Raise Dead spells per day. Each Raise Dead consumes a 500 gp gem. As a kind-hearted cleric of Light, she will have several gems in her possession, but you might want, as insurance, to carry a few of your own and let her know they exist.

Just saying ...

Here be dragons ...