twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4456
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Val wasted no time stowing her gear and beginning to do a more detailed diagnostic of the engines and power output. Whoever the mechanic was he or she was good everything she checked seemed to be operating at peak efficiency those that were not she set about tweaking all minor things but she in a sense a perfectionist when it came to engines, she liked everything a certain way. As long as she was the ships mechanic this area was hers.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6436
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
(Engine Room)
Civilized obligation to both the ship and new crew member largely fulfilled, Glory returns to the ship's cargo hold... As close to outside as she likes to come. Each planet has more than it's share of dirt, grit, airborne junk, and vermin with both exactly, and more than two legs. None of it filtered as well as the Laugh's compliment of the same... Which she has to put up with so far in the name of preserving her share of the ship. Although they don't seem like bad folk, save the cigars.

The captain either ignores the newcomer or doesn't hear the man, so Glory calls his attention to it subtly, with a soft Cap. and a nod back towards the oh-so-subtly-disguised lawman. If we got a destination, he's the first to come out and ask but not the first to come by looking. Might pick up a little extra playing ferry or freighter. She feels a bit odd explaining this to the captain, but the man has all of the crew on his mind, as well as the ship, the job, and supplies. Could have gotten overlooked or just drawn a lower priority.

(Cargo bay near the ramp)
Old 12-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12160
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
New Huntsville

Mr. Gaines calms down a bit. "Walkin' and talkin' Mr. McAllister, walkin' and talkin'. You know, just trying to make my own way, work for myself as you always said. Got my own business now, like I said. I book fares for folks, trips, and even cargo if you find yourself in the need. Can I send you a wave about it?"

The Last Laugh

The wave to the ship was from Fei with a document attached that signed over her share to everyone else, split evenly.
It was quick work, and she either had it already drawn up, or she knows someone.

The wave to Skye was not so much encrypted, and specifically to Skye, just the header. The only security on it was that it could only be opened up by the Ship's comms/computer; which Skye easily did of course.
The wave was a simple message that a package was waiting at an Allied Postal station franchise at this very docking platform area. It is addressed to crew of the 'Last Laugh.' Though the package won't say what's on it, only personal items, attached is a description of what it is, and Skye is impressed, knowing the thing costs over 50 credits on the black market, probably because it is illegal tech.
Contents: An illicit advanced alarm removal kit which contains state-of-the-art intrusion devices such as circuit breakers, bypass analyzers, and micro-manipulator tools and that grants a +2 step Skill bonus to all rolls made against locks, security scanners, and movement sensors.[/B]

[B]LINK TO SHIP SPECS/LAYOUT

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 12-05-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1667
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
~
left-aligned image
Will nodded as Max chatted, muttering things like, "Yep, yep, I know how that is..." and other nonsensical pleasantries, until the man talked about his shipping and travel business.

"Y'don't say?" he answered, wondering if Max would be any competition for his own group. Probably not, he decided, the 'Verse is awfully big, after all, and contacts are contacts. At the offer of a wave, Will nodded, "Yeah, sure, that'd be okay! Never know when y'might need somethin' like that, right?"

It was still annoying that Will couldn't place him, but this wasn't the first time someone had come up to him that he couldn't recall. Must have a memorable face, or somethin', he figured.

OOC

Character Sheet

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8958
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Gil Monroy - Gunslinger, Doctor, Cigar smoker
right-aligned image
Eyeing the fella that is talking to Will, near the train in New Huntsville

It seems obvious to Gil that this Gaines person is just interested in getting a contact for a job or some such. Or at least that is the most likely outcome. Though he supposed the fella could have another angle that might be detrimental to the crew of 'The Last Laugh'. 'But if it does turn out to be something like that,' Gil thought, 'It wouldn't be the first tight spot I got the pleasure to shoot my way out of.' Thinking such pleasant thoughts, Gil nodded and waved with a slight smile at the man when he left them both to continue on their way.

As the duo continued to make their way to the distillery, Gil itched his trigger finger and asked Will, "You reckon the fella was on the up and up? Or are you thinkin' he might just be settin' ya up or somethin'?"

It's beer time!

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 12-03-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
~
left-aligned image
Will pressed his lips together, wondering the same thing himself as Gil suggested a possible set-up. With a sigh, he shrugged and continued walking. "Don't rightly know," he admitted. "If it's a con job, he ain't a very good judge of targets. We're so broke, I wouldn't be surprised if a pickpocket slipped us some cash out of sheer pity."

Pushing the matter out of his mind, he peered upward to gauge how much farther it would be to the distillery.

OOC

Character Sheet

Old 12-04-2018, 04:17 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9741
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
"Oh good," Yanlin comments, as Skye informs him of the addition. "That saves us time." Turning to the off-duty lawman, and regarding the badge with neutrality, he at least takes his hand off his firearm where it was reflexively placed when someone walked up on him from behind.

"We're set for Beaumonde. Probably in the next day or so. I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised your officers require civilian transport. We're not a luxury liner, for sure."

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; 12-04-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
New Huntsville

Mr. Gaines hands over small a holo business card and takes his leave.
It is a short walk from the rail to the Distillery HQ, and the foyer has a statue in it.

The Last Laugh

The Sky Marshall frowns and says, "Hmm. Not within the next hour or so eh? I'll check back with you later if I haven't gotten them transport yet.

LINK TO SHIP SPECS/LAYOUT

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 12-04-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2704
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
-
left-aligned image
[THE RAMP]
Skye nods in response to Yanlin, "Sir, you might want to update the kiosk. Quite a few people have been interested in our destination and if we take cargo or passengers." She pauses. "Also, I need to visit the post office. ASAP, with your permission Cap'tin" she requests
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old 12-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Following Will to the New Huntsville Distillery

As as they made their way down the sidewalk toward the distillery, Gil looked into the shops along the way. While the restaurant and general shops were expected, the Cocktail Lounge was not. In the end though, he just shrugged and kept on walking, figuring it was not that important.

Once they entered the foyer to the distillery Gil noticed it had a statue in the middle of the floor. He stopped and looked at it wondering why? But giving a mental shrug he thought, 'Guess it don't mater none. Reckon there is less reasons to put one up of some smuck then to go celebratin' beer.' For some reason Gil had an urge to light up another cigar but instead, he just shrugged his shoulders and turned to will, "I never did ask. And it's not like I don't like yur company an all. But why'r we here?" Gil waited for the first mate to respond as he stood by the statue.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
~
left-aligned image
Will chuckled, glancing over at Gil. "Oh...sorry 'bout that," he said. "Didn't realize you were in the dark. I used to work fer the distillery, not all that long ago. Still got a few friends there..." Glancing down at the business card in his hand, he muttered, "Apparently."

He tucked the card away, continuing, "Anyways, the Cap'n wanted me to come down an' see if I could get us a good discount on some prime hooch." He added with a grin, "Ain't sure if he's considerin' it business or pleasure, though."

OOC

Character Sheet

Old 12-09-2018, 09:14 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Yanlin smirks under his mustache, pulling a cigar from a pocket as he nods. "Enjoy yourself, if you can at a post office." He comments, and then flicks his lighter, starting the cigar. "I'll hold the ramp for a while. And see if I can figure out that kiosk." It's a decent question, they could use the money, but at the same time, is it safe to take passengers to Beaumonde considering their new task? Maybe cargo. Cargo could be a good cover, give their flight path to and from the planet legitimacy and create an alibi. A shuttle could be taken to the estate, while the Last Laugh is offloading.

Following Skye down the ramp as far as the kiosk he taps at the screen with a single finger, puffing at the cigar to see if there's private courier or freight bound to Beaumonde, or to see if he could offer the ship as an open-hold for the same.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; 12-09-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
New Huntsville

Will and Gil arrive at the reception desk for the distillery.

The Last Laugh

Skye gets the go-ahead to get what she needs from the mail service, while Yanlin checks out the kiosk.

He sees three available cargoes ready to go to Beaumonde within the hour. He also sees mention of a few freight companies offering cargo, though he can be sure they will take a cut of whatever it is.

LINK TO SHIP SPECS/LAYOUT

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 12-10-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
At the New Huntsville Distillery reception desk besides Will

Gil nodded at Will's explanation and figured it made good seance for Captain Yanlin to explore every avenue of making a credit. He reckoned even with the job we got that pulled us to this rock in the first place, there is always some margin of profit off to the side to be had. "Though I can see the big fella getting plastered of his kester, I'm thinkin' it's more a business venture then him havin' a drinkin' party." Gil got a curious look on his face and smirked, "It makes my mind a wonderin' if Captain Yanlin is a ragin' bear or a cuddle fish while drunk" The thought brought a grin to Gil's face. "I reckon if we manage to keep flyin' long enough we may just find out a some point."

At the reception desk Gil smiled and tipped his hat in greeting to the person behind the desk and said "Evenin'" Then he turned to Will and waited to see how this side trip was going to turn out.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:43 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Fiddling with the kiosk he types slow, but steady, as he finds the most efficient way to confirm the paydirt cargo and get a better idea of how far away it is. They have a mule, of course, but he's not sure how many trips it'll take.