RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20320
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Blood & Guts

Summary
*** Closed ***
Game Name
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeRevenge, Redemption, Humanity
FlavourMedieval Vampires!

The EmbraceYou have lost. The reality came upon you with its crushing weight though some part of you refused to surrender to despair. Bound and impaled upon a gleaming silvered spear, you all stared at each other across this dark chamber of sacrifice. Each of you were a threat to his power. Each of you rose from beneath his heel to challenge his supremacy over the good people of Strathmoor. At that time where each of you became poised to assert your power and break free from the yoke of his tyranny, you were taken, in the night, to this place. This secret place where the stench of blood filled your lungs and the dark crimson stains marred all that you could see by the meagre light of the flaming nearby brazier.

"You dared to challenge me. You dared to pose a threat to my rule"

His voice echoed in the small chamber, his tall shadow looming eerily as he approached the circle of the dying. Demetrious stepped into the light and allowed your dying eyes to fall upon his countenance. He was as richly clad as ever though for once, he did not conceal his demonic nature. His eyes gleamed red with evil fire and his fangs pushed past his lips as he smiled, stretching that pallid skin which seemed so unaccustomed to such emotions as mirth or joy. His red breast plate gleamed in the fire light as he circled your group, his black cape dancing idly about his legs with the smooth movements of his cat-like gait. His longswords, silvered and jeweled at his hip, adorned with pummels shaped like roosting bats swayed as he walked, though they made no sound to betray his passing.

"For your affront, I will now curse you. I will curse you to suffer as I have suffered. I will grant you my Dark Gift and turn you from the light of day. I will make of you a child of night, to crave the blood of your brothers as I have so long craved for it. I will not grant you the blessing of the Hunt, however. No, never that! Instead, you will hunger. Hunger like nothing you have ever hungered for before! I will cast you into the bowels of the earth into a deathless grave where you shall thirst and hunger for all eternity! Never shall you taste of what I have tasted! Never shall you feel the sweet kiss of eternity but instead you will languish in the torment of deathlessness!"

With his speech rendered, Demetrious kept his promise and turned every last one of you. One by one he approached you as one might have approached a beloved lover. One by one he touched upon your face, lightly, almost tenderly, as his irises expanded with his need and hunger. One by one he penetrated you with his fangs and drank upon your fount of life until your heart slowed and slowed and slowed, your minds filled with the ecstasy of the Feed. Before your hearts could stop, he released you. He opened a gash upon his own wrist with a single clawed finger and fed a single puny mouthful of Vitae into your dying mouths.

The sensation rushed through you. Your heart surged and beat faster than it ever had before. Your mind expanded and rose and all colours came alive around you as if for the first time. Your lungs filled with sweet air which seemed suddenly redolent with perfume.

When he was done and each of you hung gasping and reeling with your new sensations of being, Demetrious lifted you one by one by the spear which still impaled you and dumped you unceremoniously into a small cart just outside this cave. He covered you with tarp so that you could not see, so that the new sweet smells of night could not reach your nose and mouth so easily as you would have liked. You felt new strength suffuse your limbs but the blood he had given had been so meagre... The hunger rose in you like wildfire. A need you never would have known to be possible rose within you and filled your every thought. No pain or lust or thirst could ever have prepared you for this undeniable HUNGER....

And then he buried you, all of you, together. He put you in a cage first, so that you could not escape even if you managed to wriggle free from the spears which still impaled you.

For twenty years you languished, awakening every night, with nothing but the HUNGER to keep you company. Demetrious had promised you an eternity of this, but fortunately for you, he was mistaken. Happenstance, you see, is a fickle dog, and will waylay even the best laid of plans.

A duel is what thwarted Demetrious, in the end. A simple duel between two young and foolish nobles who crossed swords for the honour of some sheepish maiden. They met in the dark cemetary where you all rested and killed each other. They met alone and as fate would have it, impaled each other before they died, embraced like lovers in their wicked hatred for each other. Their blood pooled beneath them and the thirsty earth drank of it like the vampires which rested not so far below. The blood reached you in the dank buried mausoleum and as it spattered on a nearby statue of some long dead goddess, it splashed enough for each of you to get a taste. Soon, you felt strength the likes of which you had only briefly tasted wash over your dessicated limbs and you were free. Free to dig your way out and settle the score once and for all!

Expected posting rate will be 1 per week.
Game conceptThe players are all members of this recently unearthed coterie of vampires. You all came from different backgrounds but you all came from the nearby town of Strathmoor and at the time of your Embrace, you were in a position to be a threat to the power of Demitrious, the Dark Lord of the city.

Though feared as a powerful Lord, his true nature was unknown to the population of this prosperous town. Your character may or may not have learned of his secret somehow, or may otherwise have been in a position to challenge his power for some reason. I encourage creativity in this regard, but for some reason, you were a threat to his power and he came after you and did this to you. Your background can be anything you want within the confines of the city of Strathmoor, but you must be a local. You may have been from a rival noble family whose estates are just outside of town since Demitrious' influence goes beyond the scope of the city itself, extending to nearby vilages, homesteads and estates.

This game will take place in my homebrew world of Origin. I will provide more details as required. Below you will find rudimentary information about the town of Strathmoor as well as well as some of its well-known inhabitants.

I will be accepting 4 to 6 players, depending on level of interest and quality of the applications received.

<coming soon>
Accepted SourcesAll Paizo material except Martial Arts handbook. That's banned. I am open to other sources on a case-by-case basis. All Path of War material is banned. Psionics are banned. Spheres of Power and Might are allowed, and necessary for the Vampire abilities you will receive. Occult Classes are allowed.
ApplicationsApplications should follow a fairly standard format with, at minimum, the following info:

Name:
Race: See below, with the modfied Vampire template.
Class:
Intended Role: (Damage dealer? BSF? Skill monkey? Tank? Crafter? Blaster? Summoner? Debuffer? Buffer? Battlefield Controller?)
Alignment:
Spheres The Spheres you intend to choose. You will not be bound to this choice, I just want some idea of where you want to go.

You can use the 10-minute Background to guide your character creation if you choose:

Please leave a post with a link to your application once you feel it is ready for review.
Character Creation
  • Characters will be built using a 30 point buy.
  • No dump stat allowed lower than 8. Since you do not have a Constitutional score, you cannot choose it for your dump stat.
  • Maximum starting stat with point buy is 18, before racial adjustments.
  • Characters will start with 34,000 XP, using Fast Advancement, so will be level 8.
  • Your character's race can be any core race. No other races will be accepted. Probably.
  • Your character will also gain a Vampire Template for free, as shown below.
  • Optimization level of the character can be high, but don't break the game. Use your judgement.
  • Characters can have 2 Traits, 1 Drawback. (Drawback grants a potential 3rd Trait as usual)
  • Starting Gold will be standard WBL for 3rd level characters (33,000 gp), plus an additional 13,000 gp. This 13,000 gp can only be used to purchase up to 2 items which will be your character's preferred items. Usually, a character will spend this gold on a Magic Weapon and/or Armor but it can be any 2 items of the player's choice. These funds cannot be mixed in any way with the base wealth the character receives.
  • Max HP for every HD.
  • Firearms of any kind are banned.
  • Leadership Sphere is allowed, but you must also choose the Leadership Feat to access it. Your Cohort must be of a core race and advance as 1 of the core classes. He can be a Ghuul if you choose (see below).

Please do not feel you have to create the character sheet immediately.
Regarding Rules and Homebrew

*** Closed ***

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-22-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:38 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
 Applications so far
1Player Character Name Race Classes Spheres Complete?
3AlphaZ Captain Cho Half Elf Antipaladin / Monk Divination, Enhancement, Life Complete
4Admin Dirk Thistledown Shadowflight Human Unsworn Shaman Spheres? Complete
5SOUPlex Captain Hadok Half-Orc Barbarian Blood Complete?
6Keante Innariel Donnim Elf Scholar Spheres? Complete?
7Kaiya Inaya Kaldri Human Incanter Spheres? Complete?
8Sorventh Bugaresh Oakheart Half-Orc Titan FighterFighter 1 / crossblooded: verdant/abyssalBloodrager Death Complete?
9Mundayknight Ezekiel Hess Human White HairedWitch 4 / StranglerBrawler 4 Weather Complete?
10Crunchy Anton "Kaiser" Harlock Human Famine SpiritSpheres Shifter Alteration, Death Complete
11Maximum Unicorn Amelia Roth Heart of the FieldsHuman CastellanCavalier Spheres? Complete?
12Danilore Karina Volkhart Human Batman Illusion Complete?
13mightymconeshot Roderick Brack Human Serial KillerVigilante 6, Crimson Assassin 2 Mind Complete
14Player Character Name Race Classes Spheres Complete?
15Player Character Name Race Classes Spheres Complete?

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-21-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:57 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11188
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
First post ninja!
Old 02-12-2020, 05:34 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6965
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Application (Spider-Monk)
Ciére d'Aracnide
Character Details
Race:HumanAge:46Class:U. Monk (Beastsoul Monk)Alignment:LNRole:Tank, Crowd ControlSpheres:Vampire sphereTime and Wrestling
Physical DescriptionPersonality
Height: 6'Weight: 152 lbs
Skin: PaleHair: Black
Eyes: Red
Physique: Ciére has a broad-shouldered body and a stance that lacks much femininity. Though her figure is kept slim by endless hunger and undeath, it is impossible to fully conceal the muscle produced at tenuous, yet visible amounts of tightly-wound muscle created by bodily training.
Usual Attire: Loose, hooded, black traveler's garbs with no embroidery and detached sleeves. Her upper back, calves and feet are left bare. Upon her bared back, there is a tattoo of a black widow.
Ciére was, from the day of her birth, quiet, cool and consistent. While impetuous in form, she hardly ever broke a stony expression in her life, nor did she fail to tell the truth despite the consequences. It was when she first transformed that Ciére became a more cautious and reclusive being. It was an even greater change when she was impaled and made an example of that she reigned in her initial impulses to perform heroism, even in the faith of tyrants.
Cursed with insatiable blood-lust with no idea how to quell such a hunger, her greatest goal is curing the hunger, or her condition. From there, it is mainly regaining the pleasures of living once more, without fear of seeing fellow sentient lives as snacks to be devoured.
TraitsDrawbacks
Pain is Pleasure, Maneuver TrainedHelpless
Background
Born on the streets of Strathmoor, young Ciére hardly knew her own parents before she was raised as an orphan in this dreary city. As soon as she could walk and talk to some degree, the local orphanage was somewhat neglectful in paying attention to young Ciére, and there would be days where she would need to depend on theft, or go unfed for the day.WIP

Last edited by Vaerdis; 02-14-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 549
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
If PCs take a spherecasting class, do they gain a normal spell pool?
Old 02-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
If PCs take a spherecasting class, do they gain a normal spell pool?
Yes but these abilities will need to be tracked completely separately and if you gain access to a Sphere from the Vampire template, you can never access that sphere from your class casting abilities (and Vice Versa), nor can you spend blood or spell points to power each source of Sphere abilities.

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-12-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:49 PM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 947
Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante

Name: Inariel Donnim (Silverwell)
Race: Elf Vampire
Class: Scholar
Intended Role: Skill Monkey, Support/Healer
Alignment:
Spheres: The Spheres you intend to choose. You will not be bound to this choice, I just want some idea of where you want to go.

You can use the 10-minute Background to guide your character creation if you choose:

Last edited by Keante; 02-20-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3389
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Ok If i am understanding this correctly we get the vampire PC Template (sphere mid-caster) along with whatever class we take.

Sounds wonderful. Now to come up with something fun.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:21 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1336
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
right-aligned image

Name: Master Cho
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Antipaladin, Monk
Intended Role: Tank, Damage, Debuff
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class Spheres: Berserker, Brute, Duelist, Shield; Divination, Time, Warp
Blood Spheres Enhancement, Life

Height: 6'4" | Weight: 220 lbs
Hair: Long, black, balding
Eyes: Yellow
Usual Attire: Lamellar, plated boots and leggings, plated gauntlets

Appearance Cho is large and burly, obviously of mixed eastern heritage. His age is as evident as his past, a hard life of constant fighting written in wrinkles and scars. His big frame and narrow eyes create an intimidating demeanor. Even when he smiles it can be unsettling.

Cho is typically found fully-armored except for his upper arms and his head. He's obviously fond of unpolished steel as he wears so much of it. Yet even so, he hardly carries weapons. Though his nails have sometimes been mistaken for claws.

Personality Cho thinks of the world as best served by the natural order, or the strongest holding the power. Obviously as such he thinks of himself as a natural leader. He resents establishments that uphold the weak and seeks to put people in their place whenever necessary. Though he takes a certain joy in breaking down others, he truly believes that the weak serving the strong is the ideal society for everyone. As such, he pursues this end (and his place at the top) with an almost religious devotion.

Cho approaches the weak with suspicion and seeks to control them. He approaches the strong with a sense of kinship and respect, though he's not above coercing them as well. And finally he approaches the strongest with jealously, almost as a challenge. Yet not all contests can be won with sheer force, so when Cho is outmatched he remains practical more than prideful and bides his time.

Last edited by AlphaZ; 02-18-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:11 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik View Post
Ok If i am understanding this correctly we get the vampire PC Template (sphere mid-caster) along with whatever class we take.

Sounds wonderful. Now to come up with something fun.
I am not sure if this was meant to be a question since you seem to have answered it yourself, but that is correct.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 549
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
I know that Vampires use Charisma for things like HP and Fort saves. But what about class features? I'm considering a Striker. Would her AC Bonus class feature use Charisma? Or would it just be 0?
Old 02-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
I know that Vampires use Charisma for things like HP and Fort saves. But what about class features? I'm considering a Striker. Would her AC Bonus class feature use Charisma? Or would it just be 0?
It would key off Charisma as per:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Type
No Constitution score. Undead use their Charisma score in place of their Constitution score when calculating hit points, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution (such as when calculating a breath weapon’s DC).
Emphasis mine.

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-13-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:53 PM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 947
Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Yes but these abilities will need to be tracked completely separately and if you gain access to a Sphere from the Vampire template, you can never access that sphere from your class casting abilities (and Vice Versa), nor can you spend blood or spell points to power each source of Sphere abilities.
So, thematically, it seems important to have something of a divide here. The talents from the template are new abilities to your character, having arisen from his vampiric nature, whereas class abilities (including SoP or SoM talents gained from a class) would have been something the character had before the Dark Lord turned him.

I also wanted to clarify regarding another Spheres source. You did not mention Champions of the Spheres--are those materials excluded, or was it merely an omission?
Old 02-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keante
So, thematically, it seems important to have something of a divide here. The talents from the template are new abilities to your character, having arisen from his vampiric nature, whereas class abilities (including SoP or SoM talents gained from a class) would have been something the character had before the Dark Lord turned him.

I also wanted to clarify regarding another Spheres source. You did not mention Champions of the Spheres--are those materials excluded, or was it merely an omission?
The Sphere abilities gained from the Vampire Template must explicitly be vampire themed in some way. This could be extremely broad, I know, but it should at least feel vampiric in its execution.

Like if you choose the Alteration Sphere, you might focus on shifting into wolves, bats, mist etc... and if you choose the Mind Sphere, maybe you would focus on animals of a similar nature. I didn't break it down to specifics since I appreciate creativity and I'm sure you guys can come up with some cool stuff. It will probaby be prefereable in most cases to take sphere specific drawbacks that force you to target only yourself but not always and I am open to creative ideas. I want some effort to be made to make it fit the theme.

As for Champions, that was merely an oversight. I consider them all related, really, so Champions are allowed for sure.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
This advert is generating considerably less interest than my previous ones have by this time. I assume the whole Vampire with mandatory Spheres may be somewhat niche and have somewhat less broad appeal.

We'll see if it picks up next week.