RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23626
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak

a 42 point buy and 16+25+Con HP... Not too bad...

3^Stat
STR
CON
DEX
INT
WIS
CHA
Old 08-12-2008, 03:37 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10118
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
mb, I'll take a gander at the sheets once I move them to the top post (and am not posting from a restaurant). Also:

Embrodak, good to see you back, and I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Pissant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
I updated the sheet with the wolf and hybrid forms in the notes and added the fourth level stat increase I forgot. Wondering if it's up to snuff.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Kainti is almost ready to rock and roll! (And rip and tear!)

1. Your xp is the amount needed to attain 8th level. Remember, you have 2 levels of wolf, 4 levels of fighter, and then 2 levels of adjustment (because you're all so cool) = 8 levels. You will need enough xp to attain 9th level before you gain another level of fighter (or whatever you'll want to take).

2. Background. The Notes section is a good place for that. Also, I'll have a slight but flavorful addition for it, when you're done.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
I'm putting together a table for determining my stats. Thankfully the Cleric and Animals have the same BAB.

Questions: Do we get these racial bonuses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Leopards have a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks and a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks. Leopards have a +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks. A leopard can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +8.
Also for feats. It has
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
* Racial Feats: Add the animal's Hit Dice to the base character's own Hit Dice to determine how many feats the character has. All lycanthropes gain Iron Will as a bonus feat.

In the Leopard Description it has Alertness, Weapon Finesse in the Stat Block and then
Improved Grab (Ex), Pounce (Ex), Rake (Ex) under combat.
Iron Will is obvious, but the others I question.. Do I get the (EX) abilities as class skills automatically? Then it Has Alertness and Weapon Finesse (it seems those are the feats taken at first and 3rd). I assume If I want them I would have to work those in, which assuming I have Cleric at levels 1-3, I can not until level 6..)
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
[table 3 2 1]
3^Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Feats
1|+0|2|0|2|Turn Undead|Martial Weapon Prof: Longbow (Human), Point Blank Shot (First)
2|+1|3|0|3||
3|+2|3|1|3||Precise Shot (Third)
4|+3|5|3|3|Iron Will, Imp. Grab, Pounce, Rake, Alertness, Weapon Finesse, Scent, Low-Light Vision|
5|+3|6|4|3||
6|+4|6|4|4||Multi-attack (Sixth)
[/table]

Last edited by Embrodak; 08-13-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Yes, you get all the racial skill bonuses that are presented in the stat block for the animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
In any form, a lycanthrope also has any racial skill bonuses of the base creature and of the base animal, although conditional skill bonuses only apply in the associated form.
Also, you get the (Ex) abilities while in animal form only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
A lycanthrope retains the special attacks of the base creature or base animal, depending on which form it is using, and also gains the special attacks described below.

A lycanthrope’s hybrid form does not gain any special attacks of the base animal. A lycanthrope spellcaster cannot cast spells with verbal, somatic, or material components while in animal form, or spells with verbal components while in hybrid form.

Oh hey, your feats question is a good one Em. The SRD says this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Add the base animal’s feats to the base creature’s. If this results in a lycanthrope having the same feat twice, the lycanthrope gains no additional benefit unless the feat normally can be taken more once, in which case the duplicated feat works as noted in the feat description. This process may give the lycanthrope more feats than a character of its total Hit Dice would normally be entitled to; if this occurs, any “extra” feats are denoted as bonus feats.

It’s possible that a lycanthrope cannot meet the prerequisites for all its feats when in humanoid form. If this occurs, the lycanthrope still has the feats, but cannot use them when in humanoid form. A lycanthrope receives Iron Will as a bonus feat.
Which seems to say that any feats that the base animal has, the lycanthrope also has. They may not be able to use all of those feats all the time, but they're still there. This is correct Ridin?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Embrodak; 08-13-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
All right, TheChuck's post clears up a lot of stuff, but also raises some additional questions. Namely, does this mean that any feats granted by our "animal" HD are beyond our control? Each of our characters has 6 HD. For example, my character has four levels in bard, and two in wolf. I choose three feats as per normal for a fourth-level human character, and then I have my two wolf HD. Those grant me the feats Track and Weapon Focus (bite). Now, do I get one more feat for being a character with 6 Hit Dice, or do I not get that feat because my animal HD are already granting me other feats?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChuck
Which seems to say that any feats that the base animal has, the lycanthrope also has. They may not be able to use all of those feats all the time, but they're still there. This is correct Ridin?

I'm with you.

Embrodak, char sheets are to be kept secret. You will all be meeting for the first time, and I prefer to have abilities, equipment, background and the like roleplayed.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascendant
Now, do I get one more feat for being a character with 6 Hit Dice, or do I not get that feat because my animal HD are already granting me other feats?

No, my read would be that the feats stack. You get your additional one at 6th level regardless of how many animal feats you received at the start.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
OK, thanks. Now I just have to find some feats worth taking.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:59 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
Those are both fine.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
GOld

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
4d10: 1, 6, 10, 4Total = 21
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
I think my PC is done.

Last edited by Embrodak; 08-14-2008 at 11:22 AM.