RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34271
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
The constant, baritone growl of Roy's gut rumbles agreement with Jörgen and Ulric's talk of hunger. Food was never far from the man's mind -- judging by his size, Roy could probably eat enough for three men and still have room for a bit of pudding. But for the moment it seems the odd pictures on the stone have distracted him from his stomach.

"Gotta consult my library," he mumbles, and proceeds to pour four or five old and abused books from his satchel. You wait for more to follow, but that seems about all there is to his collection. Pages fall out of one, and another seems soaked with water from a leaky skin.

"Here it is!" His sausage fingers hastily turn the pages of a small volume. Adjusting his lensless glasses to get a better look, he compares something from the book to the marks on the stone. His mouth moves, as he tries to silently sound out the words on the page.

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10113
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
OODM

Embro:

mb:

I appreciate creativity and players drawing upon their characters' resources. It's fine! Makes the game move and makes the character real. Besides, the worst that happens (well, usually) is you might receive no result. See secret text below.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Pissant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Sylin observed the conversations, if they could be called that, in a distant and bored silence. Though it surprised him that everyone had the same dream that he had, though specifics weren't detailed, he did not want to add much to the conversation. Then he got an idea.

He stood up and began to go through some sort of routine. First he adjusted his ring on his right pointer, then cracked his knuckles. Triceps and wrist stretches followed, as well hamstring, quadricep, and calfs. It didn't matter if it appeared sudden and absurd, Sylin was preparing himself for something rigorous and/or risky. Otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to be in the best condition. "You see!" He opened loudly. "I'm afflicted with lycanthropy."

The teen's eyes darted to every other attendee of Toar Amon this day. Swiftly once, again, and again. He was reading for any hostility to his bluntness. "Oh, and I had the same dream."
Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23626
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Jörgen watches with interest at Sylin's "show", and as the teen delivers the punchline of of his affliction he seems surprized yet not shocked. "Good... Then we've all had the same dream." he simply says in response.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
The big man studying the pictures grunts over his shoulder at Sylin's comment. It was a confirmation of sorts, and he couldn't help but mutter a favorite platitude of his father's: "The nose knows..." His nose, so useful for sniffing out tasty morsels, was also useful for taking in information that other men simply missed. Indeed, before he even wandered over to the group, he could smell wolf among them, he could smell blood -- he could smell that this was not a group of normal men.

"Bah," he lowers the small book in his hands and stuffs it back in his pack. "Just says that there were once tribes that worshiped animals and drew nonsense like this. If we knew how old these markings were, that might tell us something." He looks around him at the desolate standing stones. "But it seems like everything here is just plain old."

Using the green strip of fabric around his neck to mop his face -- the man was always sweating -- Roy lumbers closer to the stair leading underground. "I wonder what's down there. Might be cooler out of the sun anyway." The nose knows. He stands at the opening and takes a big whiff, his giant nostrils expanding almost as wide a gold piece.
ActionUsing the scent ability to get a feel for what/who might be below ground.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
"Smell anything good down there?" the northerner asks. "Anything good to eat?" he adds.

"I don't know about you all, but I am starving." Jörgen says he sits on the wall next to where the Animal figures lay. "I'd prefer to hunt in a more... conventional manner, than go all animal. Though I have slight control of the animal within when I voluntarily change, the thoughts still upset me."
Old 08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Ulric's eyes go wide and he flinches back involuntarily. "You mean you've actually . . . changed . . . on purpose? I can only ever manage to stop myself, it's just . . . wait, you can control it?" I can sort of control my body, but my mind . . . given what I - we? - can do when we don't have control, it's just . . . He realizes he's starting to panic, and calms down by taking a few deep breaths.

"I . . . all right. I don't know why we all had that dream, or why it's here that we all had to come to, but I think we need to take care of basic things first. I'm going to see if I can find anything to eat." Hitching up his makeshift pack again, Ulric unslings his bow and produces a few arrows from the pack. "Anyone else going to come along?" Being out on the hunt again will give me a chance to clear my head, maybe, to figure out what this is about.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
Jörgen nods "I have worked with the one that sired me to gain a bit of control. I thought I could live with it. I thought I could control the beast within. I thought wrong... I have no control when the moon is full. I... I.. don't know what I do when the beast is in charge. I heard.. I heard of innocent villagers dying not far from me, attacked by some beast. I ... think I did it.. I was going to kill myself, end the life of the beast. It was then I had the dream."

Jörgen looks a bit pale at his admission. He reaches into the quiver at his back and from some deep pocket pulls out a magnificent compound bow. "Yes, a conventional hunt will do."
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Preston watches and listens to the others. His eyebrows raise when the young one mentions that he is a lycanthrope. Preston remains calm when Jorgen mentions that he can control the change, but looks a bit surprised when Ulric exclaims that he can't control it at all. Ulric, you can't control it? I've spent nearly every waking moment disciplining myself, hardening my resolve so that when the moon is full I don't lose control of myself. I've been able to fight off the moon's pull on several occasions now, though it is difficult. Preston shakes his head a bit, as if shoving back a memory that he has no wish to revisit. Preston takes a step toward Ulric, I can show you how I practiced if you wish, the world should not be subjected to our uncontrolled deprivations, when we have a chance to keep the beast in check.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:08 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
Ascendant:

Embrodak:

All:

Hunting involves a little more than standing around and saying you're going to do it. If needed, take a quick refresher course in Survival before moving out...
Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
"I can control myself mostly but . . . but I really don't want to even try. Each time I'm afraid I won't be able to do it, that I'll slip up and . . . and really terrible things will happen." He is looking past Preston as he speaks, as if seeing something very far away.

Ulric closes his eyes tight, shakes his head, and looks back at Jörgen. "It's more like . . . that anyone would even think about turning into the beast on purpose, to hunt. I never even thought of that, it's like, like jumping off a cliff because it's faster than walking down. I mean, this is a curse, right? That's what everyone says. Shouldn't we be trying to cure ourselves instead of trying to be more like . . . like animals?" he clutches the bow tightly. A tool of man, one of the few he had left. A reminder that he was still him, or at least partially so.

"Let's just focus on getting food for now. I don't really want to talk about it."
He heads off, eyes open for any movement in the grasses.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Roy's early memories of the change were equally unpleasant as the others', though he spent a great deal of his life wandering alone in the wilderness. It was a lonely existence as he tried to master himself. Except for that one time... "I don't know. I came across this nice lady-bear once. She was in heat and it was a beautiful fall evening. Kind of kinky I know, but... ok, I'll stop talking now." The big man gnaws at his lip.

He was as hungry as the rest, but his club didn't lend itself to much except breaking heads at short range. "Well, maybe if you all want to go search for some grub, I can poke around those ruins over yonder. See what there is to see, and get a little cookfire going. Whaddaya say?"

Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Pissant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
"Well I am not hungry to be hones-...wait, you're a bear? And you mated?" Sylin's face bore a mix of shock and admiration. Roy's delcaration was poweful on it's own, and the uncertainty of whether it was a joke or not only served to elevate the statement.

"Uh-hm, anyway. I'll stick around with this guy, he sounds like he has some stories to tell. 'Cause like I said, not hungry at all." The flagrant youth moved over to Roy. "Maybe us two could do something a bit more productive than searching about the dirt." With a flick of his wrist and half-hearted bow Sylin made an "after you" motion.

With a lack of any of his sardonic enthusiasm he had been exhuming, Sylin added, "It's horrific enough as a wolf. I can't imagine the terrible things you've done."
Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
Jörgen cocks his bow and heads off into the wilds looking for some game. "Uller guide our aim and may we take our prey with your blessing."