Game Thread Rock and Wind - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Admin Chuck's Avatar
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-16-2020
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Posts: 17,440
Preston quickly and quietly removes his amulet and ring, shoving them into the pocket of his pants. He then quickly removes his clothes, placing them in a pile at the foot of the standing stone.

Preston takes a deep breath to calm his nerves before summoning the animal within. Recalling what he can of the hunger, the pure instinct that takes him over at the full moon, Preston calls to that side of himself that he fears, that he wishes he had never acquired. Reliving memories of some of the atrocities he has committed when he had lost control, he irons his resolve that he's changing this time on purpose, and that he won't lose control.

Standing near the stone where a moment ago was a tall dark haired man is instead a perfect specimen of a leopard. Several inches taller than the tallest leopard in nature, the beast's eyes gleam with unnatural intelligence. The leopard opens his mouth and shatters the quiet of the night with an earsplitting roar. With grace uncomparable, the massive feline takes several running bounds and leaps over the rousing forms of his companions, charging into the night.

OOCRemove clothes, change, double move to and through the approaching forms. I know that's more than 1 rounds actions, but you said that they're approaching slowly, so I figure I have a couple rounds before they get to the camp. Of course, this plan hinges on me rolling greater than a 5 on my Control Shape check. Preston does not intend to attack any of the forms just yet, just charge through their midst, sowing confusion and chaos, and hopefully giving his newfound allies time to wake up. Oh and the closest of the forms is my dodge opponent, giving Preston a 25 against that one, 24 against the others while moving through them.

 

__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Embrodak's Avatar
Embrodak Embrodak is offline
Lemon Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-02-2020
RPXP: 23626
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Posts: 19,810
Jörgen has no problem falling asleep, assuming if they need him to guard they'll wake him. He slept as soundly as he could. He didn't trust his new companions, but he didn't care if he ended up dead in the middle of the night either as it would end his torment one way or another.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
ridin gaijin's Avatar
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin is offline
site dinosaur
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-28-2020
RPXP: -10113
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Posts: 10,155
The group is awakened by a terrific roar! The near-full moon shines down serenely upon Amon Toar, and Preston is nowhere to be seen...


__________________
ridin status: All good here.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 34271
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 9,733
Blinking awake, Roy pulls his bulky form up off the cold ground. "I smell cat." He looks to his companions who've been similarly awoken. Preston isn't among them. "Maybe we'll get to meet our neighbors." The big man scans the nearby area, then hefts the tree-trunk he calls a club. Turning to Jörgen, Sylin, and Ulric, he asks: "You fellas feel like taking a stroll?"

 

Last edited by mountainbound; 09-03-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: taking 20
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-03-2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
"Thleen your damn....eeg...why...null. Huh!?" With a gasp Sylin opened his eyes to coincide with the horridly loud noise. He was roused from his sleep, and though well rested, felt terrible. Being woken up is a frustrating thing when it's gentle, loud noises take Sylin to another level of pissed off.

Roy stirred the teen from his mumblings, cursing the gods and their mothers. "Sure, a stroll sounds wonderful. Let me just get my walking stick." He responded sardonically as he grabbed for his scythe.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Ascendant's Avatar
Ascendant Ascendant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-10-2011
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Posts: 2,433
The roar jolts Ulric from sleep, and almost instantly he is on his feet, glancing about with a panicked look. He snatches at his bow, still lying on the ground next to his blanket, and aims it around himself haphazardly before realizing he does not, in fact, have any arrows on his person. By this point he is somewhat more aware of his surrounding, and relaxes. But only a little.

"What - what was that? And where's . . . Preston?" Ulric takes a moment to remember the man's name, but that doesn't do anything to calm him down. Retrieving his arrows, the boy begins to walk slowly toward the area where Preston had been keeping watch.

 
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Embrodak's Avatar
Embrodak Embrodak is offline
Lemon Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-02-2020
RPXP: 23626
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Posts: 19,810
Jörgen release a mighty yawn, stands and stretches as he shakes the cobwebs from his mind. "Hmmm... Let's go take a stroll."

Jörgen raises his quiver to his shoulder, he reaches in and removes his mighty bow. He reaches in again and removes an arrow.

 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 PM
ridin gaijin's Avatar
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin is offline
site dinosaur
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-28-2020
RPXP: -10113
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Posts: 10,155
The ragtag group scrambles awake--it takes a few moments to roll out of blankets, stand up and grab gear.

The clear moonlight provides good illumination, but unfortunately the jumbled stones also provide good cover. After just a few more moments of looking around you can all see the situation pretty clearly.

Preston, you may assume safely, is the bulky half leopard half human form standing in the center of a rough circle of shadowy manlike shapes, down the hill some 40' away. There may be anywhere form five to eight of them; it's hard to tell from here. The nearest are about 10' away from him and others are maybe 20' away. It looks like he has just surprised them, but then hesitated; and they are preparing to act.

Long, thin shadows indicate some of them have boarspears...and a couple seem to be preparing to throw nets at him. Again. it's hard to tell, because they are taking advantage of the rocks for cover and concealment...





let's everyone roll initiative and declare your intended actions plse


OODMTheChuck may have lost power or something, so I'm not going to be cruel to his character.
__________________
ridin status: All good here.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Embrodak's Avatar
Embrodak Embrodak is offline
Lemon Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-02-2020
RPXP: 23626
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Posts: 19,810
Jörgen raises his bow with the notched arrow. He takes aim, training on one of the men holding a net and then releases the shot.

 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Ascendant's Avatar
Ascendant Ascendant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-10-2011
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Posts: 2,433
Ulric immediately reaches a hand into his belt pouch. Distract them, give him a chance to get away . . . He seems to have found something, and he reaches back and hurls a tiny, fuzzy-looking ball to the ground. The ball begins to writhe and grow . . .

 
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Ascendant's Avatar
Ascendant Ascendant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-10-2011
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Posts: 2,433
Within moments, the ball has grown into a fierce-looking four-legged creature. The wolverine turns its head towards Ulric, awaiting its orders. "Go! Attack the ones with the nets!" Ulric commands in a harsh whisper, and the creature charges off, barreling towards the nearest net-carrying man.

 
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 34271
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 9,733
Seeing the men with nets and spears circling the lepoardine figure that can only be Preston, Roy approaches the situation directly. Huge booted feet landing heavily on the ground, he picks up speed, thumping down the hill. Maybe it's a trick of the dim light, but the big man seems to be getting bigger as he nears the men.

"HEY YOU!" he roars, splitting the night air with his bellow. "You boys plan on spearing boars or catching fish?" Still crashing down the little hill he continues hailing them, and now the top of his head is square with the top of one of the standing stones he passes -- one that must be over ten feet high. "My friend ain't neither of them things, so why don't you just back up 'afor someone gets hurt."

Nearing the closest of the men, Roy's club seems truly the size of a tree as he waves it menacingly, ready to clobber somebody.

 


Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-03-2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
"Oh this is good stuff, i've always wanted to be attacked in the night. And they have spears! Joy!"

After spewing his sarcastic bit Sylin raised his Scythe to avoid scraping the ground below him. That happening would inconvienent while mindlessly charging into a fight. "Stop stabbing my cat! He screamed obnoxiously as he leapt at one of the assailants.
 
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Admin Chuck's Avatar
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-16-2020
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Posts: 17,440
AC 20, 21 vs dodge opponent, 24 when moving through threatened squares

With another deafening roar the leopard charges the nearest bad guy. Two bounding leaps and the man is buried in a flurry of claws and teeth. After sufficiently mauling that opponent Preston turns toward another. The glow in his eyes promises only pain and death to the hunter as his furry form streaks across the battlefield, claws leading.


OOCSorry for the delay all. Surprise round actions, charge the guy fumbling with his weapon. 1st round action, charge someone else, preferably someone with a net, but if that doesn't work then any of the other bad guys will do. Dodge opponent is the person charged in both rounds.
AC 20, 21 vs dodge opponent, 24 when moving through threatened squares. HP 44/44 F/R/W 8/13/7
Oh and Ridin, I intended to change to animal form, not hybrid form, I had hoped that was clear from my post...

 

__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Admin Chuck's Avatar
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-16-2020
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Posts: 17,440
OOCRidin, I can't find any info in your house rules thread regarding the possibilities of critical fumbles, so let me know if there's anything that I need to roll for that 1.

 


Also, will you allow me to use Improved Grab on the second target, I had kinda assumed that I'd remove him from the fight, but I likely didn't beat his initiative with that roll. If you will, here's the grapple check.
 

__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB