RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10113
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Towards dawn, the leader regains consciousness. Jorgen's magic is doing its work well, bringing the man back from the brink of death. He's not strong, but he can sit up a little and look around himself. Seeing only one other member of his party still alive and present, he appears to draw a grim conclusion, judging by the set of his mouth.

Farmer has kept up his prayers. As he sees the leader recovering a bit, he blurts to the man, "Eswald! They're waiting till dawn to kill us! That's gotta be it!"

The leader--Eswald--looks resigned but not cowed. He glares around at the group, then winces at the pain in his chest. "Shut up, Mallan. If this is the end, don't sell yourself like a baby. Suck it up!"
Old 10-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34271
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
"Well, we're sitting at the top of the stairs. Sure let's take a peek down there since we're here. Be paying that giant a visit when we're done."

Roy looks even more glum as he continues. "Not sure what you're expecting to find down there though. Some magic answer to the curse we all got? I been looking to get out of this... condition, since I turned 13 and my father thought he'd do me the honor. Wrestling with a hungry bear for almost twenty years now, and that's a long time... So, yes, I understand how you feel Preston."

"But I ain't holding my breath for some miracle. No. Better chance we'd slay a giant than that."

. . . . . . . . .

When the leader awakens around dawn, Roy wakes up with a snort. "Naw, we aren't going to kill you. Less you want us to." A bit of last night's menace returns into the big man's voice. "We heard why you're here, we ain't monsters. We might even be able to help your village with that giant. But we're going to need your help first. See how this works? Tell us what you know about this place." He looks about the camp for some left over food to offer the wounded man. He might not take it, but the gesture couldn't hurt.

Last edited by mountainbound; 10-01-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23626
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
"Eswald, you an Mallan are free to go. We have no desire to hold you hostage." Jörgen says to the man. "I made sure that my arrow strike would not kill you, and I have even used magic to cure it. You will be sore for a good week or so, but no permanent damage done." the priest adds.

He looks directly into Eswalds eyes "Your friend Mallan told us about some giant and a priest sending you here to hurt us. He didn't make much sense. Can you tell us of Toar Amon? Can you tell us of this Priest? Can you tell us of this Giant? We would like to help you if you'll accept it."
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Eswald assesses the situation before answering. He takes in the drying blood splashed on the rocks nearby, and the absence of most of his men. He also takes in the blanket around Mallan's skinny shoulders, and the quality of his own dressing. The wounded man thinks before replying.

"I guess I can't decide if we done wrong by you or not," he begins. He sits up a little higher. "Attackin folks ain't our way. We was told there was evil up here. And we got this damn giant problem. So Hezekiel, he says we's to take you alive, and make the giant happy by feedin you wicked folks to him. What can we do? Seems good sense, don't it?

"So we jumps you. Like I says, that's not how we do. We're farmers, hunters, settlers...not bandits. But then...whatever you are, it clearly ain't natural, neither. So I can't make head nor tail of it.

"That giant...he's a damn plague, is what he is. Killin livestock, scarin game, ruinin the brook with his waste. Eatin our friends. Eatin travelers, too, I guess...I s'pose ain't a single one of the folks that goes to the Silversmith's Fair through our neck of the woods made it through. I guess that damn giant killed em and ate em, and who knows what's become of all their pretty silverwork now?"

Mallan interrupts. "Stop tellin em so much! They'll find out all about us! Come to our town and kill folks too--"

"Oh, shut up,"
Eswald cuts him off tiredly. "If they wanted information, what was to stop 'em torturing me and you? Huh?" No answer, and he continues:

"Now, as to this curst place, we don't talk about it none. Everyone knows Toar Amon's haunted--all the Toars are. I never been here before. It's about six, seven hours back to our village, and even that's too close, if you ask me."
Old 10-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Pissant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
~The previous night~

"Ah, hohah! Stop that, that's my kidney!" Was the least curse laden banter Sylin mindlessely spewed as he attempted to drive his point home.

Point being a fist, as it were.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
Sylin: the man struggles against your grip. Fear lends him strength...but will it be enough?

opposed Grapple roll plse. that is: BAB + STR modifier + size modifier
Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Jörgen nods to Eswald. "Does anyone in your village know of Toar Amon, or if not your village a neighboring one?"
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Pissant

Tools
User Statistics
"Guy, you are really making this difficult." Sylin said sympathetically, punctuating with his elbow. "You are going to die if you don't just give up!" He spoke while twisting his opponent's arm to an unnatural position.

Oh, bad choice of words. "...Of bloodloss, die of bloodloss."

Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
"Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!" With a desperate wrench of his shoulders, the guy breaks Sylin's grip, and takes to his heels, fleeing away down the hill at top speed!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Pissant

Tools
User Statistics
Sylin threw his hands up to the skies and glared for a few moments, looking as if he had some great question they might have some great answer to. "Nnyaah." He spat out as he turned back dejectedly. Sylin retrieved his scythe and made way for the camp.

He remained entirely silent during the other's conversations. Occasionally he rolled his eyes at certain comments, but otherwise bit his tongue for fear of losing another "hostage" to hysteria.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
The sun is rising, and with Jörgen asking the questions, Roy feels no need to hunker by the camp. Using his club for support, he lifts his bulk off the cold ground. "Need to stretch my legs," he grunts, lumbering off from the group and scratching his generous backside. Along the way he stops for a morning piss, humming: "Tra-la-la, Tra-la-la, Rum-tum-tiddle-um-tum... Wish I could remember where I heard that one."

When he reaches the stair he sniffs at the air again and looks at the ground for prints, muttering to himself: "Cursed place, eh? What happens when a bunch of cursed blokes go into a cursed place? Heh!" It sounded like a riddle.

He thinks about it for a little but his brain can't come up with anything clever. Instead, he inspects the scratches again, and generally noses around the place. Knowing that there was a giant to deal with makes Roy anxious to get on with investigating this place. He isn't hopeful they would find anything of use, but then again, maybe that was the missing part of the riddle.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Preston stands quietly off to the side of the conversation, unwilling to participate but not unwilling to listen.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrodak
J�rgen nods to Eswald. "Does anyone in your village know of Toar Amon, or if not your village a neighboring one?"

"Nah, there's no one I know in our village that's ever been here. Closest village is half a day away, and I don't think anyone from there has been here either. Look, it's not like the local spook house, where kids dare each other to go in. Everyone knows the Toars are places where people get killed. Or just vanish."

Eswald thinks a moment. "Mebbe Hezekiel's been here--I dunno. He's pretty fearless...in a crazy kinda way."

Roy meanwhile resumes nosing about. Despite Taking 20 on his Search, He uncovers nothing new in the area.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Roy sniffs the air: he's onto something. Club at the ready, the huge man circles back around one of the larger stones, eyes intent upon the ground.

Something smells wrong. Something's been here. There! He creeps up to a large, suspicious-smelling wet spot in the dirt. Inspecting the scene for a minute, he sighs, then ambles back to the group. "Rum-tum-tiddle-um-tum..."
Old 10-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
Jörgen looks oddly at Roy as he comes back into camp and... well he's not sure what he does.

"Uh.. What's up Roy?" the Priest asks.