twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Azord Azord Azord Azord Azord Azord
I was asked to apply here, because I like new systems. Space is intriguing, but how do you play this system?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2613
-Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azord View Post
I was asked to apply here, because I like new systems. Space is intriguing, but how do you play this system?
The rules are fairly straight forward (see link below). Things are based on a d100 roll with some difficulty levels. It is rather rudimentary (it was the 80s) so there is no opposed checks. If you like the system then feel free to make a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wyvern- View Post
FlavorStar Frontiers Remastered (Alpha Dawn & Knight Hawks) which can be downloaded for free (legally) at http://starfrontiersman.com/downloads/remastered. You might ask yourself what is Star Frontiers. It is a 1980s RPG set in space developed by TSR. It is simplistic and yet interesting and I think will lend itself to the type of game that I have wanted to run for a while (plus it is free).
NOTICE: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon
I'm going to post prelim interest, and have a read through the rules soonish!
(PS. first non PF game that I'm likely to apply to on here :o)
Natural 1's: 15
Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
-Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern- -Wyvern-
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarDragon View Post
I'm going to post prelim interest, and have a read through the rules soonish!
(PS. first non PF game that I'm likely to apply to on here :o)
Awesome. I look forward to seeing a character
NOTICE: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hi, I can't access the rules from the given link, do you have a dropbox pdf/doc?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Hi, I can't access the rules from the given link, do you have a dropbox pdf/doc?
I just double checked the link. It seems to be working fine. I don't have the rules in dropbox because of their ease of access online. Here is the direct link for the rule book from that website: http://starfrontiersman.com/files/Al...ntFriendly.pdf
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
We are still looking for a few more players.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry, been busy and it's taking me a while to get my head around the rules.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
What specifically are you having trouble understanding?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Mostly how it all works together and what all the skills and weapon masteries do specifically :P
Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Mostly how it all works together and what all the skills and weapon masteries do specifically :P
You might be over thinking it a bit. It is a rather simple system (it was 1983 when it came out). It is based on a d100 system where low is success.

If you are trying to track something, then you roll 1d100 and you try to get under the target number which is equal to 30% + skill level (- difficulty level). So lets say that it is not a difficult task (difficulty = 0%) and you have a skill level of 1 (+10%). Then your target number is 40% (30% + 10% - 0%) and if you roll below then you succeed and if you roll above then you fail.

For combat, you roll 1d100 and try to get under the target number (ranged combat: 1/2 DEX + skill level - modifiers). If you get less than the target number then you hit.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
We are still open for 1 or 2 more players :-)
Old 05-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Once more unto the breach

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12567
zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee
HOLY CRAP! STAR FRONTIERS! INTEREST!

Looking through to see what's needed. A shame about the human-only thing... I loved all the 80s races

What's the time frame for apps? If it's tight, I will gladly pick up one of the abandoned characters.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebedee View Post
HOLY CRAP! STAR FRONTIERS! INTEREST!

Looking through to see what's needed. A shame about the human-only thing... I loved all the 80s races

What's the time frame for apps? If it's tight, I will gladly pick up one of the abandoned characters.
It is open enrollment so when you get a character finished just let me know. Or you can go for an abandoned character. The choice is yours. I will work you in when I get the chance.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Jackie Paper's big fan.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4035
Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil
And another one bounces in. Yay!

Neil will be busy until the summer at the earliest. STAY SAFE.