Site/Forum Questions Ask General Questions HERE - Page 164 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 20th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5036
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post

There's a workaround for popup fields on mobile. Instead of clicking on the link that brings up the popup, long-press on it and "open in new tab/window." You'll have to tab over to the new tab, but it'll be a stable place for you to be able to type in. It works great for giving RPXP.
I was coming to this forum to ask a question about this specifically - my workaround had been to write my message elsewhere and save it to clipboard, then copy into the XP window. Since none of these are obvious workarounds, and there's no current way to communicate this to folks (especially new to the site), is there any way to get this issue on a list to either
A) get fixed.
B) get a hyperlink on the XP window, something along the lines of "Having trouble on mobile?" to a workaround advice thread.

Last edited by Mythrandil; Jun 20th, 2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 08:29 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29076
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
The closest thing we have to a to-do list is the CS Wish list. If you don't have something there already, you can request this item. That said,

1) I don't deal with the technical side of the site, so I don't know how easy this is to address, from a feasibility perspective, and
2) there is likely to be a broader forum software update somewhere in the not-enormously-far future, and I expect that this little irritation is probably best left until after that (since who knows if it will remain an issue at that point?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrandil View Post
I was coming to this forum to ask a question about this specifically - my workaround had been to write my message elsewhere and save it to clipboard, then copy into the XP window. Since none of these are obvious workarounds, and there's no current way to communicate this to folks (especially new to the site), is there any way to get this issue on a list to either
A) get fixed.
B) get a hyperlink on the XP window, something along the lines of "Having trouble on mobile?" to a workaround advice thread.
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5036
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Thanks, I'll sit on this for the soon(TM) update - appreciate the swift response!
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 07:34 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
AlexN AlexN AlexN
Question about a private campaign. So once I get a game approved I wanted to DM it for my friends IRL (we have conflicting schedules). Is that possible with this website? There seems to be an implication that one advertises to get players. I didnt see any FAQ addressing the situation. If the game is approved could I make it private then send invites out to the aforementioned people? Is that looked down upon?
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 07:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13410
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
You're fine. Just put your friends' usernames in the Accepted Players field when you request the game, and make sure the box for an advertisement is unchecked. Once you're approved, you'll be good to go.
Old Jun 24th, 2021, 01:15 PM
Godqueen of RPGX

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47843
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
What Ziether said.

Advertising is simply the most common method of finding players for your game. We don't create game forums without seeing interest shown in the game, but with existing players (once they've created accounts here), you'll have that.

Game forums are public by default, though players not associated with the game know not to post there. It is possible to make threads only visible to your players through the privacy settings when you post the thread, but I wouldn't bother with the hassle. Most of the time it's easier to have your game be readable even if you aren't logged in.
Old Jul 7th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Umbra

Hi there.

I’m wondering what to do in the event a DM goes inactive?

I was in the process of working through the tutorial ‘Mage Tower’, but it seems my DM has gone inactive. Do I need to request for another?
Old Jul 7th, 2021, 10:26 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39392
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

Hi there.

I’m wondering what to do in the event a DM goes inactive?

I was in the process of working through the tutorial ‘Mage Tower’, but it seems my DM has gone inactive. Do I need to request for another?

Greetings. I'm one of the Moderators that oversees the NPSG program. I'll check your game and see what we can do about it.

Edit - I have contacted your DM regarding the game.

Edit 2- Your GM has replied to my message. You'll want to check your game thread in the near future.

Last edited by zevonian; Jul 9th, 2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 10:46 PM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10058
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Search function parameters
I'm trying to search for posts that have both key word A and keyword B.
Both adding a space and a + between the key words seems to get a result of Keyword A or keyword B.
How do I get posts that have both keywords?
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15014
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
That just seems to be default behavior, so just a space.
I tested it by searching Caleb, a character name I've used more than once. But Caleb mephit returned only threads from a specific game where I fought one.

Edit: Apparently all the threads from the game in question are set to private, which makes it a terrible example. I can come up with another one if you like.

New search example:
zenda - 9 results
wyvern - 400 results (probably hit a result limit)
zenda wyvern - 2 results (game example, and then this post)

Last edited by hafrogman; Jul 20th, 2021 at 01:28 AM.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 02:23 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Yea something odd is happening for me.
Tests seem to suggest that's the case, but when I search for the terms I actually want to find combined, I'm having multiple results that only have one of the two key words in them.
The only thing I can think is that there's secret text involved.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 06:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15014
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Hrmmm. May I ask what you're searching for?
The only other thing that pops to mind is that short words will get dropped from the search. Like I tried 'Roc'. But it gave me a warning about that.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The names of two NPC's in a long running campaign. Both are 4 or more letters (3 letter words being the ones that get dropped).
Funny note, searched individually both hit the 400 results found cap. Searched together the number drops down to 163, so I suspect it's the secret text thing.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Jul 20th, 2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 10:14 AM
Godqueen of RPGX

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47843
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Unfortunately, yes, NPC names are going to be quite popular in secret text, just as they are littered through many game posts. If you can think of any extra keywords for whatever you are seeking, you might have better luck.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 06:55 PM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7471
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
I thought search results that included information from secret text was deemed a bug and fixed?

I don't remember if that was indeed the resolution or not I'll have to hunt down when I brought it up.
"You are a smart man." Admin Dirk to GodRosen 4/24/2021 @6:05AM
My PM Thread. It is whatever you or I want it to be.
I am not a DM or GM I am a G.O.D.=Game Operations Director.