Notices

Old Feb 10th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29605
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Agents of Freedom

Please repost your application here along with a link to your character sheet.
Old Mar 4th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24459
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Application basics
right-aligned image
Alias: Snow Leopard. Sometimes "Snow", "The Leopard", "The Leopard of the Andes", "the Ghost Cat", or just "L", depending on who's talking, around who, and how friendly the terms are.
Given name: Lakshmi Rao

Agent Concept: Martial artist and infiltrationist, with a long background of cloak-and-dagger espionage. Something like a cross between Psylocke and Black Widow. But with South American and Indian and Canadian references, instead of Japanese and Russian and British. Also, totally more badass than them, probably. For sure.

Abilities: or supernatural - rumored to be physically-poweredpreternatural natural martial arts skills, powered by all sorts of wild acrobatic moves. Lots of experience using a sneaky espionage skillset. Famously has "ice in her veins" which manifests as a A "preserved" effect - she's older than she looks, and has resistances to high-altitude problems like cold and lack of oxygen.set of resistances and a certain willingness and/or ability to A cold-flavored incapacitation power."do what must be done" when a target needs to be removed.

Quote: "I'm in position. Now: are we going to do this MY way, or the wrong way?"

Complications:
1) Reputation: Notorious: her past employers were not nice people. People still suspect her motives to this day.
2) Motivation: Expedience: she is focused on efficiency. The means that best achieve the objective at the minimum of effort are always best. Sometimes that means a quiet sneak in and sneak out. Sometimes that means a melee in a crowded market. The collateral damage is not important. The mission is.
3) Enemy: Foreign Agents: Snow Leopard has done lots of bad things. Usually, they were in the shadows. But many people, particularly those in espionage, knew when it was her. She has stepped on the toes of more people than she can possibly know, and no matter where she goes, there is SOMEONE there who is unhappy with her. Sometimes it's a spouse, child, or friend. But sometimes it's a person in power whose plans went awry because of her "intervention".
4) Motivation: Reform: SL believes (and she's correct!) that she strayed from the path of right long ago. Joining AEGIS is her first step to making things better. Her skillset can be used for good, but it is hard. Money, power, and secrecy kept her going for decades. Now she seeks their opposites - selflessness, openness, and justice. It's hard.

Description: Snow Leopard grew up in a small town in Rajasthan, India. She is on the smallish side, short but athletically built, with a wild head of hair that refuses to settle down. She, deceptively, does not look much older than As the backstory says, she's in her late 50s26 or 27 years old. At first glance, people are inclined to think she looks rather innocent, until they stop and notice the ingrained calm cynicism in her eyes. She speaks with an Indian, filtered through thirty years of South American Spanish.odd accent that few are able to peg. It comes off as unplaceably 'foreign' to most people, which is intriguing to a certain set of greasy would-be suitors, much to her disdain.
Mechanics

TMIBackstory:

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Jan 17th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2017, 11:06 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19109
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Watch the Skies
left-aligned image

Name or Alias: Captain Charles "Kit" Scranton AKA The Skymaster
Agent Concept: A time-lost Golden Age hero trying to find a place in the Iron Age.
Power Level: PL 10
Abilities: No inherent powers but he has what are considered peak or near-peak human reflexes and piloting skills. However, he was given access to an experimental protective suit and jetpack which most dramatically gives him the ability to Fly.

Quote:
“Everyone deserves a Fair Shake.”
"GET OUT OF MY SKY!"

Complications:
Motivation: Patriotism, Doing Good - Kit, despite it all, is a believer in the American Dream.
Enemy: Shadow/Nazis - A veteran of WW2, quite a few goosesteppers will have him in their enemy list when they discover that he's still alive.
Reputation: Living Legend - The Skymaster isn't just a name, it's a Legacy of heroes that Kit started. It creates a standard that can be difficult to live up to.
Public Identity: Trivia - While his identity was a secret in his original "Tour of Duty", now the knowledge that Kit Scranton was the original Skymaster is considered a bit of pop trivia about Superheroes.
Social Issues: Attitudes - He is genuinely trying to keep an open mind, but he was born in the 1920's. His own prejudices do get bumped into.
Relationship: Romantic - Kit was secretly engaged on June 17th, 1944 and has not had a chance to confront the fact that time has moved on.

Description: He looks to be a bit small and scrawny for his age, but more of his physique is muscle then people realize. Dark hair and well tanned, he dresses to impress in what would be called business casual today- trying not to let on that he's too poor to afford better. Keeps his hair combed and little more. He's often seen in his fighter pilot jacket. When in costume he looks like he's in the clothes of a WW1 fighter ace, but with a blue color scheme and with more armor built in. A finned helmet hides his features, and on his back as a very retro-future looking jet-pack.

A fighter pilot to the core, he feels robbed that he wasn't born with wings. A local from the 40's, he comes from a time were things were simpler- perhaps a little too simple. Still, he believes in the American Dream- which means everyone gets a fair shake. And Nazis needed a punching for what they are doing to people. If these strangers from the future want to help, more power to them.

OriginsBackstory:

Sheet!

Curses!

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Mar 7th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 12:18 AM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 549
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy

Sebastian

[*dice="Perception"]1d20+15[/dice]

SEBASTIAN DAMOCLES
Olympian Demi-God (Son of Zeus) Thaumaturge
DESCRIPTION
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 376 lbs.
  • Eyes: Acid-Blue
  • Hair: Blue-Black

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation (Responsibility): Devoted to the biggest fight there is: the never-ending battle against supernatural evil for the survival of the human race.
  • Power Loss: Must speak to cast spells.
  • Stranger in a Strange Land: Sebastian knows nothing of the gods and did not belief in them as being more than constructs of man. As such, he is a faux pas in regards to anything to do with the expectations and powers of the gods.
  • Honour: Strong sense of right and wrong. Keeps his word. Doesn't attack children or the defenceless. Protects mortals.
  • Technophobe: Such a strong magical aura about him that it makes more complicated machinery go haywire.

ABILITIES
  • Strength: 2
  • Stamina: 4
  • Agility: 0
  • Dexterity: 0
  • Fighting: 0
  • Intellect: 0
  • Awareness: 14
  • Presence: 3

OFFENCE
  • Initiative: +4
  • Attack: Magic Array
  • To Hit: +14
  • Damage: 14

DEFENCE
  • Dodge: 14
  • Parry: 14
  • Fortitude: 14
  • Toughness: 14
  • Will: 14

ADVANTAGES
  • Artificer
  • Attractive
  • Improved Initiative
  • Fearless
  • Ritualist
  • Second Chance: Expertise: Magic
  • Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic
  • Trance
  • Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
  • Deception: 0 (3)
  • Expertise: Magic 21 (21)
  • Expertise: Sketching 19 (19)
  • Insight: 1 (15)
  • Intimidation: 0 (3)
  • Perception: 1 (15)
  • Persuasion: 0 (3)

Demi-God Olympian Physiology
  • Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages) [4]
  • Enhanced Trait: Strength 1, Stamina 3 (Flaws: Permanent) [8]
  • Growth 1 Strength 1, Stamina 1, Mass +1 (Flaws: Permanent) [2]
  • Immortality 1 (Flaws: Limited to Cremation) [1]
  • Immunity 6 (Cold, Disease, Heat, Need for Sleep, Poison, Starvation & Thirst, Flaws: Limited to Half Effects) [3]
  • Immunity 2 (Aging, Breath Normally Underwater) [2]

MAGIC
  • Feature 1 Prestidigitation [1]
  • Levitation Flight 1 (Flaws: Levitation) [1]
  • Aegis of the Gods Protection 10 [10]

DIVINE MAGIC ARRAY
  • Astrapios "Lightninger” Aray: Affliction 14 Resisted by Will: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenceless and Immobilized, Incapacitated and Paralyzed,) (Extras: Accurate 7, Affects Insubstantial 2, Extra Condition, Precise, Progressive, Reversible) [70]
  • Lightning-Bolts of the Kyklopes Blast (Magic) 14 (Extras: Accurate 7, Affects Insubstantial 2, Area, Penetrating 5, Selective) "Eldritch Bolts" [1]
  • Divine Gifts AE: Create 14 (Extras: Affects Insubstantial 2, Continuous, Increased Mass 10, Selective, Precise, Subtle 1) [1]
  • Divine Images AE: Illusion 14 Sight and Sound (Extras: Independent, Selective) [1]
  • Psychokinesis AE: Move Object 14 (Extras: Damaging, Perception, Precise, Subtle 2 [1]
  • Euryopa "Far-Seeing" AE: Senses 14 Darkvision, Dangersense, Low-Light Vision, Detect Spirits 4 (Visual; Acute 2, Accurate, Analytical 2, Ranged), Mystic Awareness (Visual; Acute, Analytical, Extended, Ranged), Tracking 2, Linked; Comprehend: Spirits 1[1]
  • Divine Passage AE: Teleport 14 (Extras: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Extended, Increased Mass 11, Turnabout) [1]
  • Fires of Divine Creation AE: Transform 14 Anything into Anything Else "Transmutation" [1]

PL 14 - Abilities: 34, Defence: 38, Advantages: 9, Skills: 20, Demi-God Powers: 20, Magic Powers: 89, Total: 210

GEAR & EQUIPMENT
Satchel
Drawing Supplies
Cigarettes
Zippo

Last edited by Anarchy; May 9th, 2020 at 11:10 AM.
Old Mar 17th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29605
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
right-aligned image
Thames 'Tem' Jackson - PL 10

Old Apr 4th, 2020, 06:38 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26819
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
right-aligned image
I do have a cheesy mutant outfit like the others!
- " Hey villain! It's your turn to be stuck in a prison of flesh while somebody else pulls the strings... You are mine to crush candy! " - Candycrush

Everybody lie, we all pretend to be someone else, afraid to be judged for who we really are. This is sad since most of us have a lot to offer to the world deep down when we overcome our fear and insecurities. I do have a thick shell as well, but I can see what's inside you. Most people don't know what they really want, what scare you and what is the true happiness they seek. The world is a web of thoughts and dreams that transcend flesh and material. I see things that I can't describe with words and know the true nature of misery by feeling people deepest regrets, and the pinnacle of happiness that innocent child feels when they see their mother face. That's why I dedicated my life to help people find themselves in this dangerous world and heal some of the wounds of the world.

My name is Lee Yu Yan陶语嫣, but you can call me Candy. I'm not human, but something that I have a hard time describing. The mundane calls people like me mutant, but I like to think of us as simply different. My father Dr. Heng Lee help me finding meaning and understanding my powers. I lived most of my early life in a large house in Chengdu countryside with my parents, father spending most of his days alternating between his secret lab somewhere in the city and the basement where I wasn't allowed to play. He didn't give me much attention until he discovered that I was using mind control on the neighbours at the age of seven. Since then I have been daddy favourite lab experiment. Has long I can remember I can read people's minds and control them like puppets, but as a child, I couldn't understand what was so special about this. Reading people mind was as natural as using my ears. My mom was a stunning medical doctor who was killed by the Japanese army during world war II.

After the war, I immigrated to the US with my father in San-Francisco. He joined Aegis in secret as a scientist to continue his studies of mutants while I joined high school. At school my mind reading became a real curse, it became scary and frustrating knowing what everybody was thinking about me. You think bullying is horrible on social media, but imagine what people keep for themselves in their heads. I really wish I could unsee things at this age, like teachers three times my age imagining me in their shower, or my classmates wishing to murder me by pure jealousy. Of course, mind control in public was out of the question. Every day at school was an inner fight to resist the temptation of making people my slaves. Been a prisoner of our own body and lose control is probably one of the worst nightmares you can imagine, I was afraid to become a villain. It's during those difficult time that I discovered my most impressive gift; I can heal people. I discovered this by bringing back to life a cat. This is at that moment I found my purpose. I wanted to help people, make the world a better place. Like my father, I grew up as an immortal who never aged and the most beautiful creature the world has ever seen. My life was without drama or stories. I spent decades staying low profile and guiding people as a life coach and healing secretly in hospitals at night.

My peaceful existence came to an end recently when my father was murdered by The shadow, the new Reich of Terror. This terrorist organization was founded during world war II and by looking into my father's stuff after his death I discovered that he was an agent of Aegis. Since our arrival in the US Dr. Heng Lee dedicated himself to defeat this evil organization and was a high-rank agent running his own facility. Unfortunately, he paid the ultimate price for it, for an unknown reason The shadow deployed a lot of resources to take him out and stop his research. Looking for answers, I found other agents of Aegis and was recruited in their rank after going through their intense training and tests. My clearance level is way too low to get information about my father and why he was killed but my journey as an agent is just beginning as an intern in the directorate...

left-aligned image

Hero name: Candycrush
Aegis Rank: Agent, Directorate
Hair: Dark purple
Eyes: Purple
Birth Place: Chengdu, China
Residence: San Francisco, California
Languages: Comprehend and speak all languages
Catch phrase: People are like candies, you are not sure what it's going to taste when you unwrap their mind.
Power: Mind control, Mind reading, Healer.
Motivations: Defeat the shadow and doing good by healing the wounds of the world
Complications:
Secret (Mutant): Human are scared of people that can play in their head, others would want to exploit me to steal secrets or control enemies. My power must remain secret.
Obsession (Love): Sorry, I'm a hopeless romantic and a tendency to fall for many people at the same time, naive, passionate and often put me in trouble. I did fall for the villain once, it was bad, very bad!

Physical Description: Candycrush appearance is mostly human except her natural long silky dark purple hair, though most people would notice that her body shape is too much perfect and Presence 14unreal for that world. She measures about 5'9 and 130 pounds of sweetness.

Candycrush's outfit: On a mission, she is wearing a cheesy purple outfit that reveals a lot of skin, she doesn't have an exhibitionist tendency, her mind powers flow better with fewer clothes, it has something to do with her smell and chemical her skin spray in the air at a molecular level.

Personality: Yu Yan is interested in people. She loves humans with their colourful personalities and passion and sees herself as having a responsibility to protect people of earth with her power. She is interested in the truth within people that she can discover with her mind-reading ability, however, she is kind and usually tries to resist the temptation to violate people's privacy unless it can save lives or help people. With a tendency to be too much nice, people used to walk over her often, until she learned the hard way to don't expose herself emotionally to just anybody. The Asian is pretty much the definition of a do-gooder, a bit naive at times, never giving up hope that people are fundamentally good.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	candy.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	83966  

Last edited by MoonZar; Apr 27th, 2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old May 9th, 2020, 07:12 PM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3350
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Edward
A work in progress

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 113 kg (without harness)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

Motivation:Fascination: Edward is Fascinated with both technology and magic, especially if he thinks can combine the two.
Motivation:Recognition: Not fame, He just wants to be seen as useful.
Obligation:Family/Friends: His mother and Shiori
Complication:Old-school Honor: Would prefer not to harm a lady and would come to one's aid if they need it.
Complication:Wanted: Foreign exchange student and thief robs Japan of one of its most sacred treasures... Errr Oops?

My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; May 11th, 2020 at 07:14 AM.