Game Thread Chapter 3 - Into the Wood - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 0 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 01:13 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
Quest had to put a lot of effort into keeping his composure when he heard the orcs talking about him and about Mulash.

The bard looks at Amice and whispers out the corner of his mouth. "Sorry, what exactly was our plan here? They're talking about killing you and capturing me. I think they recognize me!"

Clearing his throat, the tiefling ventures, in common. "Fellas. There's no need for violence. We are after the one you call Mulash. We have no quarrel with you. We know he has taken over your tribe. Maybe we can come to an arrangement. We can get rid of him for you, so you can go back to the old ways. Or we can, you know, fight. It won't go well for you, that much I can guarantee. We wouldn't be roaming so deep in the forest if we were weaklings, would we?" Quest looks pointedly at Krusk.


 

 
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 12:07 AM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
The orcs snarl as Quest addresses them.

Did he... understand us?

They exchanged glances, but don't drop their weapons. When the tiefling pointedly motions to Krusk; however, his three compatriots turn a questioning gaze towards him as he backs away slowly with panic in his eyes.

What did you say happened to your last patrol again, Krusk?

Now three paces back from the rest, Krusk clears his throat.

He's right... it wouldn't go well for us. Let's just forget we saw them and head back, okay?

The orcs narrow their eyes at their obvious scared ally before turning back towards Quest.

You're after Mulash? I guess you really are his old pet, then. Wanting to pay him back for the broken horn?

The one that had done most of the talking scratched his chin as he considered the proposal.

Going back to the old ways doesn't sound half bad, but I find it hard to believe that you'd be able to bring it about.

One of the orcs beside him chuckled menacingly.

Mulash would break quite a bit more off that one if the runt tried, that's for sure.

The first continued - unfazed by the interjection from the peanut gallery.

What sort of arrangement are you proposing?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 06:03 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice whispered back to Quest, "If they're talking instead of acting, we're already farther along my plan than I expected us to get." Based on Krusk's reaction to seeing them, it seemed obvious that he hadn't been looking for them specifically, so it was unlikely they had any information of value to exchange.

Turning back to the orcs, she said, "Our proposal is simple: simply turn back and go the way you came, and we will not attack." Glancing at the orc who'd been doing most of the talking, she added, "Though if it's change among your people that you truly want, any information about Mulash would help bring about that change."

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 02:51 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
"Uh, there is one other thing...", Quest pipes in, with a bit of hesitation. "Give us a moment, please", he says, addressing the orcs.

Taking Amice aside, the bard whispers, "The place we need to get to, the short way is across the orc camp. If we deal with this well, maybe we can find safe passage. Otherwise, even if we turn this group away, we will likely run into many more on the way there. Also, this might be an opportunity to take down another ally of the red cloaks. What do you think, Amice? Too much of a long shot?"
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts

Last edited by undeadrajib; Oct 9th, 2019 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 11:48 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice couldn't help but smile. "This entire quest is a long shot," she whispered back, "but it sounds like a better plan than the one we have. You know their culture better...perhaps you should negotiate getting us past, or through, the camp."

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Oct 12th, 2019, 05:15 AM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
"Entire Quest. I see what you did there. No? Ahem. All right!"

Quest once more turns towards the orcs. "There is much more than the broken horns that Mulash needs to pay for. But more importantly, we can help each other. We need to go deep into the forest. There is a great disaster coming, and Mulash is a part or it. We are trying to stop it, but you don't have to care about that. In exchange for safe passage across your camp, we will kill Mulash. If you can get him away and alone, we will assassinate him. If you can rally your people, we will aid in the insurrection... the uh, fighting."

Quest looks for a reaction from the orcs. He realizes the presence two of them might not be convincing enough. He says, "We, of course, are not alone. And if you doubt our ability, hear this. You are of an old and proud tribe. You know of the ancient elven city of Lenolith. A few days ago, we infiltrated that stronghold of hundreds of hobgoblins, entered their sanctum and took down Nyrvolas and her dragon. If we can defeat a goddess, a mongrel like Mulash is nothing."

Then, speaking in perfect orcish, the bard adds, "Afar parjikakun pros Zotan-lufutatar, Mirdautas gajupat!"basically, "Let's seize the day." A war cry...
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts

Last edited by undeadrajib; Oct 12th, 2019 at 05:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
The orc whom had done most of the talking scratches his head.

Linoleum? Where is that?

One of the others beside him chuckles, but then gets serious again.

We did hear about the hobgoblins gettin' uppity up there, though, in some elven ruin. Maybe he's telling the truth.

From behind, Krusk grunts agreement - which is met with a disdainful look by his former companions.

Still... that sounds like an awful lot of our necks you're asking us to stick out. Plus, it's not like Mulash trusts us much, either.

Krusk and steps forward.

He's right... he'd never follow us anywhere. And our people might outnumber his men, but they would never rise against them. The ones strong enough to make a dent have wives and children to think about, after all.

Beside him another of the orcs turns his eyes towards the ground and nods solemnly.

But...

Krusk continued.

We do know where he'll be. And can offer some aid in sneaking you in to camp. That's the best we'll be able to do, though, until he's dead. After that, the cleansing of the rest of his invaders will come naturally.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 02:04 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
"That... Yeah, that could work. That could work." Quest looks to Amice. She, after all, is the sharpshooter. "Could that work?"
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 04:28 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice nodded slowly, not relishing the idea of being led by orcs into an orc encampment. But really, what other choice did they have? They needed the orcs to fight themselves, and the only way that would happen, apparently, would be to strike at the leader and remove him.

"That could work," she agreed. "We'll remove the leader, and you can reclaim your camp once he's dead." Glancing at the orc who spoke the most, she asked, "Would your people agree to rise up against his if we were to slay him? Or is there some formality we need to be aware of?"

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Oct 20th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
The orc grins at Amice, seemingly to show how farfetched he thought the prospect of their success might be.

He's a bastard, elf girl. Krusk is right that the first sign of weakness will light a fire in the camp. I can't name a single one of our people that wouldn't like to see his head on a spike.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 07:31 AM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
"Alright then. Head on a spike it is", Quest says, clearing his throat. He tries not to visualize it.

The bard looks behind to the bushes. " Hzrd, Brixim!", he announces. "You must have heard what happened. I think its time to come out. We have an assassination to plan!" Again, the tiefling tries to suppress any elation that might be there in his voice.
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 09:02 PM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
Hzrd was not really following along with the conversation as he was more interested with keeping an eye on the Orcs for any hostile behavior. Many times he almost burst out of the bushes and only just kept himself in check by believing Amice had the situation in hand.

As Quest calls out the large Tabaxi moves out into the open glaring at the Orcs with a paw on the hilt of the Greatsword. Still not ready to fully trust the situation he moves to stand by his companions and waits for further instructions.


Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Oct 24th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

Brixim clambered out of the underbrush towards the rest of the group. He didn't seem to notice the errant leaves stuck in his mop of unruly blonde hair. Downy drifted down from a high branch and alighted on his shoulder making the gnome look like he was about to tip over as the large bird favored one shoulder.

So, we are to kill another maligant leader spreading a cancer throughout this forest? How many such beings are there? I would have thought eliminating the ancient sorceress and her undead dragon should have been enough...

Brixim continues to grumble unintelligbly to himself as he looks over the orc group.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB