... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old May 14th, 2018, 12:59 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Have no fear, the ranger will save us all!
Old May 14th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3955
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Yep, I am counting on the ranged ranger saving our hides!
Old May 14th, 2018, 11:08 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Hey guys! How's it going? Glad to join you guys here. I think I have played with each one of you some time or the other. This is an excellent group, if ever there was one! Thank you Agrudez for thinking of me

I have posted my character and his back story in the Party thread. Truthfully, it is a bit of a retrofit. If turns out some element of the story does not fit the world, do let me know. I will make whatever change is necessary. Meanwhile, I will start work on the sheet.
Old May 14th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
I purposefully never filled in the rest of the world outside the continent the story primarily takes place on so that people could take a piece of it for their backstory and shape it however they like - so everything you wrote jives perfectly well. Glad to have you - and excited to see Quest in the quest!
Old May 14th, 2018, 11:51 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Awesome, thanks.

I think I am still open to the choice of college. Actually I just did some reading up. It seems College of Swords is not a great choice. Anyway, the party doesn't lack for offensive power. Do you guys think College of lore will be a better choice?

Edit: Also, forgot to ask, is it standard array for stat generation? Or point buy?

Last edited by undeadrajib; May 14th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Bards are pretty flexible depending on their subclass, so it really depends on how you want to play. Lore makes you pretty close to a wizard with good defensive support abilities. Swords makes you more like a light armored fighter that can toss around support magic. There are some other fun ones in UA that do other things as well.
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:26 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
*waves to Undeadrajib* Welcome! I think Shandri and Forlun hit a dungeon once or twice together. Good to have you with us!
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadrajib View Post
Edit: Also, forgot to ask, is it standard array for stat generation? Or point buy?
27 point buy. And you start with 200 gp to spend on equipment instead of starting equipment.

Last edited by Agrudez; May 14th, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:44 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
*Waves back to TRQ*. Yup, delving dungeons, as we speak. Oh, and I will see you in the next tug of war. You have been warned.

I read through the college options. College of glamour seems awesome. But Quest is way too shy for that. He is too naive for the college of whispers. College of Swords and valor are too violent. So i think College of lore is his best option. For the party, he could be the skill monkey and even the face. Though, as a player, I have never played a face. In real life, I am quite far removed from a face character. So dont know how well I will do in that role.
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:46 PM
The Gingerbread Man.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2542
Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene
More reason to be the party face then! You can practice real life skills in a safe environment
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Welcome aboard undeadrajib!! This looks to be an awesome group... it'd be great to have you try your hand at being the face if you are up for it. I think it could be a fun roleplay for sure. As you need backup we can rely on Nails... he has a little CHA (13). When we level up he may add some more.. or may not if we are in good hands! That's the fun of Agrudez's campaigns... he is awesome at giving us space to RP!!
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Sorry to be so slow on character generation folks, busy weekend and mother's day. I'll do some brainstorming tonight on a character concept. I'm thinking a more battlefield control type wizard could be helpful as it looks like we have plenty of damage output. Open to suggestions and thoughts though as I've never played a wizard.
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Play what you like and want to play - there are plenty of ways to tactically skin a cat in battle.
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
No worries Foibel! It sounds like an attempt at a wizard may be in order as we need one I think. Some crowd control would be nice. I'd love it if you gave it a go with wizard considering you haven't played one yet (if you are up for it!!).

I haven't played a rogue in like 30 years so I need to dust off my skills with that class here as well. (my drow rogue in dungeon dive doesn't count as he died 1 dive in!!)
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrudez View Post
Play what you like and want to play - there are plenty of ways to tactically skin a cat in battle.
Ooooh... I see what you did there (sorry Hzrd!!).