... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
You know you can use the same spell more than once with your spell slots, right? Just asking because you made it sound like you can only cast Tasha's once, but you can actually cast it 4 times (once per lvl 1 spell slot).
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
first time playing a wizard...whoops, will update accordingly
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Yeah, I figured since you mentioned you hadn't played on before. The spell slots are all that matter. At the moment, you can cast 4 lvl 1 spells and 2 lvl 2 spells per long rest (+ you can recharge 1 lvl 1 spell slot on a short rest), and you can use any of your know spells as much as you want as long as you have spell slots left.

Last edited by Agrudez; Jun 14th, 2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 12:35 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Wow. That was...a lot for one round. O.o
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I had originally intended for the guard fight to be spaced out from the hooded man fight. You all being split up and the squishier members being at the forefront probably unintentionally upped the difficulty.
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TRQ did you move on your turn? Contemplating casting web again and want to know where you are...
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 05:37 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
No, I couldn't disengage and cast a spell, and didn't want to provoke a OA.

Well, technically I used 1/2 my movement to stand...but I'm still at the same location.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Jun 15th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foibel View Post
TRQ did you move on your turn? Contemplating casting web again and want to know where you are...
She is on the side of the hallway, so you can cast web centered somewhere in the room and not get her caught in it.
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 04:56 PM
The Gingerbread Man.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2542
Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene Zubene
Can Maro use Relentless Endurance after rolling a death ST? In case he rolls a nat20?
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubene View Post
Can Maro use Relentless Endurance after rolling a death ST? In case he rolls a nat20?
Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You canít use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

That appears to read as if you use the ability immediately upon taking the damage (like as a reaction) so it would need to occur before your death save (which doesn't happen until your turn).
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Portent is kind of funky in these types of games because I had no idea that Brixim would have been targeted otherwise I could have set it as a reaction to that type of attack. Let me know how you want to handle in the future because it's difficult without all of us sitting around the table and reacting in real time.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
You can add something that says 'reaction: use my first portent roll if I'm going to get hit' (I'll let you add conditionals, too, like... use the roll if I'm going to lose > half health or something). Also, in general I'll let you retcon the reaction on your next post if you didn't specify the reaction ahead of time (although that is my preferred method because oft times retcons can have big ramifications on the enemy turns that require a pause and re-write). That said, you rolled an 18 and a 19 so you aren't going to be using those for defense until your next rest. :P

Edit. Ah... I didn't think about using it for concentration - I'll go retcon that.

Last edited by Agrudez; Jun 20th, 2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, sorry about that. Not trying to make your job harder. I played a RL campaign and portent works when everyone is at the table and the wizard can say, "don't make him/her save, just use my portent, or I use my portent to auto-make my concentration when I'm hit" it gets difficult trying to account for all the possible ways in which Brixim would use it based on what he sees going on around him
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I played a lore bard in a different long running game on a forum and had a similar difficulty with cutting words so I understand the difficulty of being live/forum for those types of reactions and will work with you. In general, though, a forum game makes reactions both harder to delineate, but also even stronger for the player because I am pretty sure by the book portent/cutting words/shield/etc. need to be declared before knowing the result of the DM roll - which just isn't feasible in this situation.

Last edited by Agrudez; Jun 20th, 2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
hey Ag, What are we rolling to run through the ball bearings. Hzrd is pissed with people walking away from him.