Game Thread Chapter 3 - Into the Wood - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 0 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

Brixim's eyes opened and watered extensively as he grabbed the sides of his head. Urgh... He grunted as he tried to get his bearings back even as he heard the lady explain that she too had the power of far sight. Still rubbing his throbbing temples, he looked up at her and spoke:

I too have never met another with my gift...my curse. Are you a wizard as well? I imagine you may have been at this a fair bit longer than I have and I'd be grateful for any advice you have or perhaps I may examine your library? I would share my spellbook with you as well but I imagine you'd find its contents pedestrian compared to an eon of accumulated elven wisdom.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
Brixim
The elf smiled, seemingly glad to see Brixim collecting himself after his ordeal.

You are welcome to them.

oocYou can choose 2 new lvl 1 spells and 1 lvl 2 spell to add to your spellbook.

She pointed to a shelf made of barl against the western wall of the room.

My spellbooks are there. Take as much time as you need. It has been a long time since I studied them. My work now is less magical in nature.

She motioned to the powders, dusts, herbs, etc. behind her - with a stack of small notebooks sitting atop a table underneath them. And then paused.

You must forgive me that I cannot share that with you as well, though. The Council would be wroth with me if I divulged such things to outsiders... even ones they consider to be in good standing.
__________________

Last edited by Agrudez; Jul 16th, 2019 at 02:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 10:16 PM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
"Yes we should head back. I would hate to think what trouble they have gotten into while we have been away." He watches the others disappear out of sight and waits for Amice to lead the way. "You friend seems to care for you a lot. That is a nice cloak. Ammy." With a large grin on his face, he follows the huntress as she leads the way back to the others.





Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

Brixim nods in understanding and quickly walks over to the bookshelf to transcribe the spells into his spell book.

OOCBrixim adds shield, chromatic orb and levitate to his spell list
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
Amice and Hzrd
With Elbereth and Aelar's departure, the pair decided they had nothing left for them here and turned to leave the elven training yard behind - Amice's new cloak fluttering behind her as she spun around. The walk back to the giant tree which housed the Council was uneventful, but when the pair got there their trio of compatriots was nowhere to be found. Amice approached one of the guardsmen to inquire, but was met with a curt grunt and a stern nod in the negative when asked if they had seen them.

Brixim, Quest and Hadrion
The elven woman watched Brixim with amusement as he eagerly poured through her tomes and scribbled notes from them into his own. Upon his completion of his task, she met his gaze with a smile.

Did you learn anything interesting?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

Brixim blushes up at the elf. You just have so many books. Far more than I've ever seen. My library was so modest. I could spend years here. Thank you for your generosity.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 01:32 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice sighed and turned away from the unhelpful guard. "I suppose I could try to track them," she began reluctantly. "It might look a bit odd, tracking someone in the middle of the elven village."

"Or, we could look around a bit, and see if we run into them," she mused out loud, working it out as she paced. "Or possibly as someone else if they know where they went."

Shrugging, she said, "Or, we could just go relax a bit, and see if they either catch up to us, or go back out later and look."

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
Amice and Hzrd
Upon the consideration of tracking their companions, Amice absent-mindedly glanced down at the ground by her feet and noted that the freshest of the tracks leading out of the tree seemed to be her and Hzrd's own.
__________________

Last edited by Agrudez; Jul 21st, 2019 at 11:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 02:00 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
Quest slowly starts recovering from his ordeal. He will need some rest though, before he is himself again. Holding his forehead in his hands, the bard rises from the floor.

"I thank you, madam", Quest ventures, trying to keep his voice steady, and failing. "That was, uh, a lot. I am afraid I will need to think about it. About the things I saw. Things that were, and things that will be. If you would allow, I would like to take your leave, please." He looks to his companions. The bard hadn't even registered the pain Brixim had just gone through, so lost he was in his own thoughts. Now the gnome appears to be gladly sifting through books on the shelves. Hadrion appears to be, scowling? Without using so much as words, the tiefling pleads with both of them that they leave this place and go... elsewhere.
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 06:43 PM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
"I hope those others haven't gotten themselves into trouble. If they have started a fight without me then I will clip them around the ears."
Not really sure what else to do in this city of elves and sure that if Amice can't track them he had no chance. If they didn't turn up soon maybe he would have to start wringing some necks to make them talk.





Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Jul 22nd, 2019, 04:17 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice happened to look at their own footprints, and frowned slightly, glancing back at the tree. "I'm...not entirely certain they actually left the tree," she said, crouching near the ground to double-check. "They might have simply explored one of the other doors we passed on the way to see the elders."

She wasn't particularly sure how she felt about the group wandering aimlessly within the bowels of the epicenter of the elven lands. "We'd better go check," she muttered, heading back inside the tree.

She was acutely aware that finding her aimlessly wandering friends might require her to wander aimlessly as well. It would be rather ironic for us to survive infiltrating a hobgoblin fort and defeating a goddess and her pet dragon, only to be shot for trespassing by the people who half raised me, she noted to herself with a smirk.

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 01:15 AM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
Amice and Hzrd entered the tree just as Brixim, Quest and Hadrion were leaving the alchemist's chambers. They spied each other from the steps and gladly reunited. So as to avoid prying ears, the reformed quintet stepped back out into the open air to 'catch up' with one another and discuss their next steps.
__________________

Last edited by Agrudez; Jul 26th, 2019 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

After they recount their recent diversions in the city, in a rather hushed voice given their surroundings, Brixim suggests "Shall we...I mean...another ancient elven city in shambles and another ancient evil there...it sounds like it must be related to our quest...right?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 03:02 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
Not in a position to talk at the moment, Quest waits, clenched, as the others relay information to one another. He is barely listening. His mind is still embroiled in a gargantuan storm of emotions, the tiefling barely holding on, as one would a floating plank of driftwood.

"I... I saw some things. I was... made to... Visions, I think. I need to rest a little. If you don't mind. Sorry. I am sorry.", he mutters, his voice barely audible.
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Jul 30th, 2019, 08:35 PM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
Hzrd steps in steady Quest if he looks unsteady. "I am sure they offered us accommodation for the night. Whatever this danger I am sure it can wait a few hours."





Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB