Game Thread Chapter 3 - Into the Wood - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 0 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 02:34 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
Quest looks warily towards where the orc encampment is. When Amice mentions worgs, he shudders once again involuntarily.

The bard knows he said he would talk to the orcs if need be. But the courage seems to be leaving him after he saw the roving orcs with their charming little pets. He is not the same person he used to be. He'd still do it if that is what the grill wanted. The tiefling clears his throat. "A roving orc patrol is probably better than a whole fort full of them. I .. I wouldn't mind an extra night in the forest."


 

 
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 08:05 PM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
"We may have better luck going the long way. We are a small group but if the fort is alerted then we may have trouble at the ruins. I can keep watch at night and we can take out any that find us."

With the Greatsword in hand, Hzrd watches the path for any more patrols heading their way.


Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

Noting the anxious look on Quest's face, Brixim adds his voice to the conversation. I too would vote for another night in the forest and prefer not to test our luck in another orcish stronghold. While this forest is far from my home I'm more at comfort here than elsewhere and perhaps I could find some small friends to tell us what they have seen.

His mind having wandered off, the group sees Brixim start whistling and tweeting like a songbird in search of other birds to share their observations of the area with him.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
With a quorum reached, Amice turned to direct the grounp to the long way around the orc stronghold. As they walked, they noted a strange variety of birds seemingly gravitating to Brixim in waves. When the gnome pointed out a bush with some particularly ripe berries for the group to pick, it raised at least a few eyebrows, surely - and the wizard ended up being the only one to imbibe of them. Any other information his twittering friends may have been sharing was either kept to the gnome's self or of similar importance (perhaps a nice fresh water place to take a bath?). As the sun began to sink in the sky, Amice directed the group to a fairly secluded, but still obscured spot within the Wood. She directed that no fire be lit, so the only meal available was some nuts and dried meat left over from Elbereth's stores.

Just before they set up their watch rotation, the wizard rushed off from the group to find a private bush - wondering if perhaps the berries his bird friends had directed him to maybe weren't as good to eat as he had thought. As he squatted, Downey came swooping in to give a report - a group of orcs was headed towards where they were camped. Rushing back to the group with unwashed hands, the wizard told them of what his familiar had relayed and they all found refuge in nearby foliage. As the orcs passed, they spoke in their native, guttarol tongue - unintelligible to all but Quest. There were six of them - all larger than an average orc and well armed and armored.



OOCBy the time Quest hears what he hears, the orcs are 30 ft passed your bush and heading away in the Wood.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 04:33 AM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
Mulash! Quest whimpers softly. He remembers the last time he came face to face with his old tormentor, in the pirate's cove. No, he still hasn't built up the courage to confront the orc. Not yet. He isn't ready.

A few moments pass. When he is sure the orc sentinels are well out of earshot, he ventures, "The orcs, they were talking about their stronghold. Apparently they aren't happy. The outsider orcs, the ones that came from across the sea, the ones that had crashed near the pirate cove, they are running things now, it seems. There are two factions then. If it comes to it, maybe we can take advantage of that. Just... something to keep in mind." The tiefling smiles sheepishly. His heartbeat is finally returning to normal after the brief excitement. He sure hopes the patrollers don't come back.
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 12:28 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice listens carefully to Quest's translation. Nodding, she pondered the news, and gave the tiefling a smile. "It's good information," she said with a nod. "And it could well come in useful at some point."

To the others, she said, "This far out, it's likely that was the only patrol we'll encounter, so it's safe to get some sleep." Nevertheless, she stood watch while the others rested, mother-henning the friends she'd grown so fond of in the difficult times they'd been through together, and waiting until all were asleep, and the night was quiet, before allowing herself to rest.

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
\
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 01:53 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
small correctionThe orc in the pirate cave was named Thokk. He was one of Mulash and Ortguth's band.


Confident that this spot will be safe to sleep, despite having just encountered a roving band of orcs moments prior, Amice encourages everyone to sleep and eventually does so herself as well. With no one on watch duty, Downey takes it upon itself to fully mimic its nocturnal guise as it perches in a tree above. When the owl came down to claw at its owner's shoulder, Brixim nearly shouted out in pain, but luckily kept the presence of mind to keep himself calm as he saw the owl's large eyes burning into his. Seeing that it was still clearly night, the wizard set about rousing the rest of the group. When he came to the spot where Hadrion had laid down for the night; however, he was surprised to find the bedroll and its owner both missing.

With more pressing concerns; however, the group ignored the warlock's absence and readied themselves for whatever Downey had spotted in the distance. As Amice, with arrow nocked, saw the illuminated form of torch wielding orcs traveling towards them, she narrowed her eyes and strained in the darkness to pick her target. There were four orcs, all relatively small in form - compared to those from earlier - with one small wolf seemingly leading them. Sensing their relative weakness, the ranger considered simply taking them out before they even became aware of the still half-asleep party; however, a thought entered her mind that stayed her hand. One of the orcs... looked familiar. Her mind reeled at the oddity of such a consideration as she searched the annals of her memory to place the face. After some moments, it finally came to her: Krusk. The orc the group spared along the Tradeway as they traveled north towards Torrine. Along with the memory of the orc's name came also the remembrance of how they had parted on, strangely, amicable terms.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 01:15 AM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
Creeping up beside Amice, Hzrd whispers to her, "What is the plan. You shoot first and then I race in and strike while they are confused?" The large Tabaxi grips the hilt of the greatsword on his back ready for the word to release the blade and allow it to feed.


Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 12:26 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice hesitated as Hzrd proposed what would normally be a reasonable plan. "That orc," she said quietly to the tabaxi, nodding toward the familiar-looking one. "Isn't he the one we released and allowed to leave some time ago? I believe he was a mage of some sort, and less brutal than your typical orc. Krusk, I believe his name was?"

Her hesitation was as much for her own people as for not wanting to kill someone who may not wish them dead. If she were wrong, the group would lose an important tactical advantage, especially with Hadrion missing. Speaking of which...

"And where is Hadrion? He wouldn't take his bedroll with him to run to the bushes." She sighed, frustrated that she'd advised the group to sleep without posting a guard. Foolish, she berated herself. With so much at stake, and less than a day out from an orc encampment, you let your guard down! She hoped her mistake wouldn't cost her friends their lives.

Still, her instinct was to wait. "I'll try to talk to them," she said to the others, lowering her bow. "You all wait for my signal. Perhaps we can avoid a fight."

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 03:32 PM
undeadrajib's Avatar
undeadrajib undeadrajib is offline
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 24th, 2020
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Posts: 2,863
A Bard Called Quest
left-aligned image
'Hadrion!' Quest's first instinct was to panic. But then, he realized if someone took away the fellow while they slept, they wouldn't take the bedding with them too. It was more likely the aasimer left in the middle of the night. Maybe it all became too much for him. Maybe he has another... calling. He was most certainly the strangest paladin Quest met in his travels. The bard shook his head, his heart filling with sadness. It was he who had brought Hadrion into the group. He had vouched for him when the others doubted. It doesn't feel nice to be repayed in this way.

Still, there are more immediate concerns. Quest craned his neck to take a look at the approaching party. He agreed with and admired the ranger's decision to try and talk to them first. He says, "I.. let me come with you, Amice. I can translate, if required. And if they turn hostile, I have learnt a way to quickly... uh, indispose them. Let's find out what this Krusk is up to."


 

 
__________________
Bryllyn | Quest | Reiner
DMing To Slay a Dragon |
Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts

Last edited by undeadrajib; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 05:01 PM
MrMaffy's Avatar
MrMaffy MrMaffy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2020
RPXP: 952
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Posts: 1,396
Hzrd Slashwhip
right-aligned image
Confused about what was happening Hzrd released his grip on the hilt of the blade and pointed in the direction of the Orcs. "Hold up. We let him go before and he went back to his clan. This just gives us another chance to do what we should have done in the past. Orcs should not know magiks. It makes them dangerous. "

His large paw goes to the totem tied to his waist. He was annoyed that the Orc could harness magic from it but he had failed.


Battle Actions
Reaction:
Movement:
Free action:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Attack of Op if required (Sentinel)/Possible Riposte if attacked
Applicable skills to your turn:


 
__________________
Marward Trannyth - Monk - Dungeon Dive
Hzrd Slashwhip - Barb/Fighter - FP,CC,HS
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2020
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,971
right-aligned image

Brixim
Forest Gnome Hermit Wizard


Character Sheet

Brixim awoke to Downy gently tugging on his oversized ear. What's that you say? Orcs? Always the damn orcs! As he set about rousing everyone Brixim listened to the parties' discussion in the dark. Where had Hadrion gone? That strange fellow disappeared as oddly as he had appeared. While not the most friendly sort, he had proven his usefulness in battle and they would be sorely missing him in the future. I agree with Amice. Let's avoid a fight if we can. We've already seen a group pass by so we don't want to alert more to our presence if we don't need to but if we must fight we must do so quickly and fiercely. I'm not sure how receptive this orc will be when he has to address us in front of his companions. I feel he may conveniently forget the mercy you showed him earlier.
I will hang back and if things appear to go sideways, you'll have my aid.


OOCPortent Rolls
Dice Roll:
2d20 1, 17 Total = 18
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 12:28 AM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
OOCJust let me know when you want to initiate whatever you're going to initiate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 01:30 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2020
RPXP: 14874
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 5,454
Amice the Huntress
right-aligned image
Amice rested a reassuring hand on the tabaxi's arm, smiling as she asked, "If I were captured by orcs, and they saw fit to release me, I know I would return to my friends and allies. Who can blame him for doing the same? Besides, he might be coming to warn us of something."

Nodding gratefully to Quest, she says, "Thank you, my friend. We know Krusk speaks Common, but it will be useful to have someone who can understand what they say to each other."

She glanced over toward the approaching orcs, then turned back to the group. "Quest and I will approach the orcs. The rest of you stay hidden, in case things go wrong. Hopefully, backup won't be necessary."

Checking to make sure everyone was on board with the plan, she led Quest toward the orcs, walking in plain sight, but keeping an eye out for attack. "If they charge, or fire at us, scatter and head back toward the others," she whispered to Quest.

Actions and RollsMovement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Applicable skills to your turn:

 


 


 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 20th, 2020
RPXP: 4034
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,322
As Amice and Quest approached the orcs they initially reacted with malice by drawing their weapons; however, upon seeing that they both had hands raised in a peaceful sign of deference the tension in the air quickly turned to confusion. The one that Amice recognized as Krusk regarded her first with surprise and then with concern as he nervously glanced at his compatriots at his side. The sight caused a sense of unease to pulse within the ranger as she wasn't certain what it could mean. For his part, Quest noticed one of the orcs beside Krusk was staring at him curiously - as if he recognized him, but was trying to more directly place the name. The bard, on the other hand, was quite certain he did not recognize him. The faces of his captors were burned indelibly in his mind, and this runt was not among them. As the wolf stepped in front of the orcs - whom had weapons still raised - to snarl at the approaching duo, its masters behind began to speak to one another in orcish. Kaspar listened intently, though endeavored to belie his understanding.


All of the orcs and the wolf seem to be readying to attack - save for Krusk whom seems frozen with nervous indecision.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB