... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 20th, 2020, 06:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
DnD 3.5 Into the Flames (0 Level)

ThemeSurvival, Combat, Exploration,

FlavourPrevailing over all odds

Players: 4-8
Post Rate; x2/week
Books Used; DnD 3.5 PHB and the DnD 3.5 SRD on this site.
Races Allowed; According to DnD 3.5 PHB
Level; 0 PC Class (You are negative 800xp; You may take 1 level of an NPC class found in the DnD 3.5 SRD)

DO NOT ROLL DICE ON THE RECRUITING THREAD

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Town Square.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	87539  

Last edited by Sarge67; Oct 20th, 2020 at 11:15 PM.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 10:22 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6625
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Predominantly human village or a mix?
What kind of religion is predominantly worshiped?
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 10:35 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6625
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Deal me in!

Byron Oakheart:
right-aligned image

Name: Byron Oakheart
Race: Human
NPC Class: Expert (More like a warrior than a rogue)

Appearance: Byron is tall for his age, nearly six feet tall and weighs barely a hundred and fifty pounds but his athletic build is more muscle than fluff. His skin is tanned from many days spent in the forge with his father. His brown hair is a constant tousle of a mess since his pasttimes outside the forge consist of trips to the swimming hole, messing around in the stable and practicing with his very own dagger as if it's the sword of a grand knight, against the wooden dummy he built. He favors a thick, long-sleeve brown tunic and black trousers with a belt tied around his waist and calf-high leather boots. His eyes are a sky blue, focused and clear, able to catch the heart of many a maid if he sets his mind to it. He is also quite proud of his recently acquired peach fuzz that lines his chin, making it out to be some glorious beard akin to the manliest dwarf; He has been growing it since last winter.

Personality: Byron is carefree and wild, a dreamer with his heads forever in the clouds but he's keen to talk the waitress out of an extra biscuit if he sees fit using his silver tongue.

Backstory: Byron is the son of the village blacksmith. A peaceful life, you would say, learning a trade alongside his father and he has his pick of the village girls. He thinks he's the god's gift to women and flaunts it occasionally. He practices daily with the dagger he made in his father's forge, he thinks he is quite good.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Oct 20th, 2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Predominantly human village or a mix?
What kind of religion is predominantly worshiped?
I answered you on my original post under FAQ. and welcome
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Application for "Into The Flames"
left-aligned image

Name: Tobin

NPC Class: Commoner

Appearance: Up until recently, Tobin has lived as hard a life as any child has done. Born to a prostitute and a drunk, Tobin lost his mother at the early age of seven, and since then has lived under the harsh and abusive rule of his father. As a result of this, Tobin usually appears bedraggled, in patched and dirty clothing. He frequently has cuts and bruises on his face and arms, as well as a disfigured arm from a break which didn't set properly. As a result of this, Tobin has turned into a cringing shell of a boy, and has had to turn to first charity, and then thievery to find the money to feed himself. That all changed one day, when his father disappeared without a trace. From the wails and calls from around the small town, his father wasn't the only one who had gone missing. There's one key difference between Tobin and the rest of the kids in town, however: Tobin isn't looking for where his father has gone. For the first time in his life, Tobin isn't getting beaten just for the simple crime of existence.

For the first time in his life, Tobin is smiling.

OOC: hope this isn't too dark, obviously I can re-work it. Thanks for considering my app, certainly seems intriguing.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 04:51 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ranmaga
Application
Name: Franklin Benjamin
NPC Class: Adept
Appearance: Brown hair, Brown eyes, Pale skin.

Franklin is the youngest son of a minor noble. With little chance of inheriting the family fortune, Franklin has resigned himself to academic study and faith. His parents and older siblings have vanished. Franklin is looking for them.

Last edited by ranmaga; Oct 21st, 2020 at 05:13 AM.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 06:10 AM
Wasteland Survivor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 968
buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer
I'm not too familiar with 3.5 ruleset (only played Neverwinter Nights LOOOONG ago), but I couldn't pass this up!
Ezra Stone
right-aligned image

Name: Ezra Stone
NPC Class: Expert

Appearance & Personality: Blonde, lean, witty, occasional mud stains and smell of dried hay and cow manure on his person, and blue eyes full of mischief, Ezra has had it in his head to own a castle some day. That day, however, is long in coming. His quick smile and deft fingers have earned him grins and giggles from some of the girls his age - and even from a few elder spinsters - while attracting the ire of more "stuck up" folk, but it can get boring here real fast. Ezra's had enough of plowing fields and sowing seed. The big world's a dangerous place and death can come knocking anytime, but he'd rather She knock when he's out there, living his own life. Seeing though that he still has his arms and boots covered in mud and his Pa and elder brother Moses have yet to return from looking for those townfolk who'd gone all missing these past few weeks, Ezra's more stuck than a scarecrow here in this hick town he'd grown up in.

Last edited by buzzlitebeer; Oct 22nd, 2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 12:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I will bump this to the top one more time, but if it travels down to the next page I won't be bringing it up a second time.

Tough game? maybe but I do believe you would enjoy it.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 02:49 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Junebug82 Junebug82
I don't know 3.5 but would love to learn. Will the NPC class we choose lock us into any set of classes or can it be seen more connected to our background?

Name: Wynne Dery (https://kiikiibee.tumblr.com/image/166779156642; I do not have a handle on using images in posts yet)
NPC Class: Aristocrat
Appearance: Brown curly hair she often wears pulled up to keep out of her way. Medium brown skin with freckles and lively light brown eye. She stands 5'7" tall. The oldest daughter (and second oldest child) of one of the wealthiest merchants in the region, Wynne has been taught her charm and demeanor were more important than her intelligence. She's always bristled at that. While she desperately wants to find her parents, there is a sense of relief that right now she no longer feels obliged to meet their expectations.

Last edited by Junebug82; Oct 22nd, 2020 at 03:57 AM. Reason: to add my character
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:53 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Junebug82

I don't know 3.5 but would love to learn. Don't worry, I think it is easier to learn 3.5 edition than it is to learn 5th edition. As we go on, feel free to ask questions.

Will the NPC class we choose lock us into any set of classes or can it be seen more connected to our background

No, NPC classes won't lock you into a narrow path. If you do choose an NPC class that compliments a PC class (like going from adept to Cleric or warrior to Fighter) it can help, but otherwise there are no restrictions at all and doesn't penalize you for choosing a pc class you want.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 06:36 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2771
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
So many questions so little time, so quick list to get a feel for the game style:
Class+Race combination restrictions?
Divine Abilities only from deities?
Ammo/Carry weight tracking?
Food/Water tracking?
Item barter or quick sale?
Official or modified rest rules?
Strict or loose skill/feat/spell/etc interpretation?
Multiclass xp penalty?
In-story or OoC class development?

I think that covers everything I generally run into. I may have one or two more drop out of my head at some point.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 11:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Auron
Class+Race combination restrictions? No, there are no restrictions but only races and classes in the Players Handbook;

Once you obtain your first PC class. Characters start off at -800xp. You start off with an NPC Class (3.5 doesn't have rules on 0 lvl, so we go NPC class). It takes 400xp to move up a level.... SO, when you earn 1st level for your actual class, you will essentially already have 2 levels on an NPC class.

Divine Abilities only from deities? Only the faithful. Why would ordinary people get divine favors?

Ammo/Carry weight tracking? I won't be that mean. Sure you get weight restrictions on equipment, but unless you have 50 arrows in a quiver...I'm not penalizing you on arrows, bolts, stone bullets, stones.. daggers (as long as it isn't over 10)

Food/Water tracking? Yes or you can attempt to hunt each day.

Item barter or quick sale? At the start, it will be quick sale. Nobody is going to barter with a bunch of kids. As you get older and more experienced merchants will be more willing.

Official or modified rest rules? modified; Group tells me they are going to rest for this amount of time. They have to tell me if they are posting guards as well.

Strict or loose skill/feat/spell/etc interpretation? Well if you intend to make a waterfall out of 'create water' no I won't go for that. However, I'm open to players using imagination to create a more personal touch on things. This is a game after all and nobody is going to die a violent death if we aren't sticklers on the rules.

Multiclass xp penalty? Nope. This is 3.5 not 1st or 2nd ed.

In-story or OoC class development?Both.. OOC you need to figure out what direction you plan on going and then practice or experiment in game.

I think that covers everything I generally run into. I may have one or two more drop out of my head at some point.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:36 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 387
btccg btccg btccg btccg
Some additional questions:
1) Are you allowing templates to be used on the PHB standard races (e.g. half-dragon, half-celestial, etc.)?
2) Are you allowing Bloodlines to be used?
3) In regards to your comment from a previous question "Multiclass xp penalty? Nope. This is 3.5 not 1st or 2nd ed." - does this mean that you are not using the XP penalty for multiclassing as indicated under 'Favored Class'?
4) Prestige Classes - I am assuming only prestige classes listed on the SRD are available for selection?

Last edited by btccg; Oct 22nd, 2020 at 04:38 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
btccg

1) Are you allowing templates to be used on the PHB standard races (e.g. half-dragon, half-celestial, etc.)?
Nope

2) Are you allowing Bloodlines to be used? Nope

3) In regards to your comment from a previous question "Multiclass xp penalty? Nope. This is 3.5 not 1st or 2nd ed."

- does this mean that you are not using the XP penalty for multiclassing as indicated under Favored Class?

It was only a 10% penalty anyway, not like it was such a hit that people would have a problem. So NOPE no penalty.

4) Prestige Classes - I am assuming only prestige classes listed on the SRD are available for selection?
Let's not put the cart before the horse..maybe we should wait a little bit and see how I feel by then.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Anyone who has submitted characters or shown interest above this post...Please go to the game HERE