... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 19th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3159
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge67 View Post
I attached my pdf character sheet to my app. You should be able to see it at your leisure.
Thank you
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 02:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdy View Post
left-aligned image

Name: L'vor
Species: Vulcan
Assignment: Chief Medical Officer
The "illogical orders" value is going to be great fun! Thanks for submitting!
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
So I started to put together a Joined Trill CMO, but then remembered they were TNG era for a reason. If I recall the canon correctly, the Trill at this point are on friendly terms with the Federation but refused to join and were still keeping the existence of the Symbionts a secret.

Going to think on it a bit more.

Edit:- Leaning the simple solution of thinking of something else. Leaning a Denobulan Science Officer.
Good decision, I think. I look forward to seeing your Denobulan.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 03:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfilia View Post
The "illogical orders" value is going to be great fun! Thanks for submitting!
Yeah that's my favorite as I can see it leading to some drama. I'm still mulling over the other ones and seeing if I can think of something more interesting or relevant. One thought I had was a value involving another crew member, either positive or negative. Anyone else interested in a backstory tie-in such that each character has a value that relates to the other character? I can think of a few premises for this, maybe an intense rivalry, or a life debt, or something along those lines. I know Andorians and Vulcans have a history of mistrusting one another so perhaps that can be the basis for something.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Quote:
Yeah that's my favorite as I can see it leading to some drama. I'm still mulling over the other ones and seeing if I can think of something more interesting or relevant. One thought I had was a value involving another crew member, either positive or negative. Anyone else interested in a backstory tie-in such that each character has a value that relates to the other character? I can think of a few premises for this, maybe an intense rivalry, or a life debt, or something along those lines. I know Andorians and Vulcans have a history of mistrusting one another so perhaps that can be the basis for something.
Oshrev "Shall we drink on that point ears? I'd never trust someone that won't drink an Andorian Ale with me."

WAIT!!!!!! AND YOU'RE THE DOCTOR!!!!!! My God!!!! I'm never getting wounded. "Its just a flesh wound"

Last edited by Sarge67; Oct 19th, 2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 03:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
WAIT!!!!!! AND YOU'RE THE DOCTOR!!!!!! My God!!!! I'm never getting wounded. "Its just a flesh wound"
If you didn't want to get hurt then logically you should have taken a position that didn't require so much fighting. Not to worry, I carve wooden prosthetics in my free time, you'll be good as new in no time.

Last edited by Ferdy; Oct 19th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15347
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Well don't look to Selaena for a rivalry, everybody loves the bird. Right?
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Oshrev "Shall we drink on that point ears? I'd never trust someone that won't drink an Andorian Ale with me."
Lieutenant, I've scanned this substance and it appears to contain several non-potable components, including one compound primarily used in stripping highly ionized particles from the insides of dilithium chambers during dry dock. Its consumption is illogical.

Last edited by Ferdy; Oct 19th, 2020 at 05:19 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 05:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Quote:
Lieutenant, I've scanned this substance and it appears to contain several non-potable components, including one compound primarily used in stripping highly ionized particles from the insides of dilithium chambers during dry dock. It's consumption is illogical.
Exactly point ears, it is all about being illogical. It tastes great and puts icicles on your chest...so drink up.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
Well don't look to Selaena for a rivalry, everybody loves the bird. Right?
I don't know about that, Menzo mentioned considering a caitian helmsman. I can't imagine a species of bird persons and a species of cat people getting along. According to the American Bird Conservancy, 63 species are extinct now because of pet cats in the US.

I gotta say though, I do find the concept of an avian communications officer to be really cool given many species capacity for mimicry.

Last edited by Ferdy; Oct 19th, 2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have a couple of questions about the value system.
1) Are values relating specifically to another officer a good idea? Would something like, "Lieutenant Oshrev's recklessness will get us killed one day" be appropriate?
2) Can values change and morph between scenes or episodes? For instance, if L'Vor saw Oshrev's willingness to take quick action save the ship, could the aforementioned value change as L'Vor's attitude toward that character and their "recklessness" evolve?
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 07:44 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menzo View Post
Interested, but tossing up whether I have the mental bandwidth to learn a new game system. I played a Star Trek game a decade and a half ago - I was an Caitian helmsman - but the character sheet I have from that game bears absolutely no resemblance to the modern ST game.
Seems as though we could still use a good helmsman! I found that this flowchart demystified the task system for me:

In addition, I watched a few YouTube videos of actual play and that really made the rules click for me, just search "Star Trek Adventures actual play" and a lot of good stuff will come up. After watching a bit of it I'm really looking forward to the game now.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 08:40 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19109
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Music of the Spheres
Name: Mebingin
Species: Denobulan
Position: Chief Science Officer

Curses!

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Oct 20th, 2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I have a couple of questions about the value system.
1) Are values relating specifically to another officer a good idea? Would something like, "Lieutenant Oshrev's recklessness will get us killed one day" be appropriate?
2) Can values change and morph between scenes or episodes? For instance, if L'Vor saw Oshrev's willingness to take quick action save the ship, could the aforementioned value change as L'Vor's attitude toward that character and their "recklessness" evolve?
There is, as you probably know, a specific mechanism for challenging values, so you can rewrite them, but you can only do it once (with one value) per adventure. You have to pick your time carefully.

The book mentions that some values can relate to other crew members. The problem would be if I got a rush of applications and the target of your value didn't make the cut. I expect I'd let you rewrite it in that case.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 02:34 AM
¡Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9437
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
I know nothing about Star Trek games and am not applying BUT I can’t resist putting in a plug for any game GM’ed by Exfilia. She has been heading up a daily Curse of Strahd for our group for a few months now and her posts are always on-target, responsive and witty. You are in for a treat!