Notices

Old Dec 17th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 310
RandolphCarter RandolphCarter RandolphCarter RandolphCarter
Post frequency etiquette

This is kind of a meta-game advice, and I'm happy to move it to another forum if this isn't right. I'm a pretty active player, I check in over lunch and in the mornings. But I know others check in less frequently. I'm never sure how long I should wait for others to post before I post again. I want to give others a chance to participate and don't want to steal the spotlight, but I also want to keep things moving (especially in social situations when some players may just be observing). Are there are guidelines for this?
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38146
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I follow the rule of three myself.

I never respond unless there are three responses between them. GM post and two players or just three player posts. That way you have something to work with and aren't hogging the spotlight

Community Supporters, it's time to do your civic duty! ;)
Old May 23rd, 2019, 05:47 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Crazy Maze
I'd say this is highly personal. The social contract is going to dictate what is acceptable and what is not. Having a nice straight-forward conversation with the other members of the group is a good way to start, I suppose. Explain your point of view and ask for their opinions. I'm a fairly active player myself, so I always state that up front. If there's anyone that doesn't really like this sort of attitude, we can easily smooth things out be having a friendly chat. Hope this helps. Cheers!